Original message (5033 Views )

freak
3th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Customer

"New Garou Densetsu Battle Archive 1 Scoop" , posted Sun 11 Jun 20:07post reply

New Scoop:

http://plusd.itmedia.co.jp/games/articles/0606/09/news045.html

And for those who haven't seen cover art yet.

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/edigi-game/407195/436110/716010/

Replies:

Red Falcon
5681th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):New Garou Densetsu Battle Archive 1 Sco" , posted Sun 11 Jun 23:49post reply

I don't much care for the cover, but I'm sure it'll be nice for people who are interested to be able to buy a collection of all the pre-Real Bout FF games.

Best site EVER:Link Here

Toxico
4222th Post

"Re(2):New Garou Densetsu Battle Archive 1 Sco" , posted Mon 12 Jun 04:03post reply

quote:
I don't much care for the cover, but I'm sure it'll be nice for people who are interested to be able to buy a collection of all the pre-Real Bout FF games.

While Krauser looks absolutely dubious, I like how most of them ended up... LEG TOMOHAWK

See??? He is a God...

Pollyanna
1830th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):New Garou Densetsu Battle Archive 1 Sco" , posted Mon 12 Jun 04:56post reply

quote:

What don't you like about the cover? I don't like it as much as the Art of Fighting one, but it looks all right to me. Does it not look "old school" enough?

Ishmael
2514th Post

"Re(3):New Garou Densetsu Battle Archive 1 Sco" , posted Mon 12 Jun 05:59post reply

quote:

What don't you like about the cover? I don't like it as much as the Art of Fighting one, but it looks all right to me. Does it not look "old school" enough?

As far as I'm concerned, this is the FF cover by which all others will be judged. Then again, the one that has Terry, Joe, and Bobcat Goldthwait fighting Count Dracula does have a certain charm.

Red Falcon
5688th Post

"Re(3):New Garou Densetsu Battle Archive 1 Sco" , posted Mon 12 Jun 06:06:post reply

quote:

Pretty much what Toxy said. I think Krauser looks off, ha ha. He looks a bit more like Franco than he ought to, in my opinion.

quote:
As far as I'm concerned, this is the FF cover by which all others will be judged.
It's a work of art!

Best site EVER:Link Here

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Mon 12 Jun 06:07]

kofoguz
378th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):New Garou Densetsu Battle Archive 1 Sco" , posted Mon 12 Jun 06:07:post reply

quote:

Yes, Finally an argument that Im disagree with Polly.
I dont like it. The only good things about it Terry and Jin Brothers. Well Geese and Krauser doesnt look bad in there either.
What I dont like about it
Lack of some characters. They could use more characters.
Their face look like theyre gonna die soon because of some kind of illness (except for yamazaki he reminds me Willem Dafoe in that angle)
Therere lots of titles in the front cover. They could put subtitles to the back cover.
And how old is Laurence? 90? I think he must have look younger and somewhat handsome. Kikkoken should know about it. He know how his bottom looks like and theres no way that face could have that ass (which kikkoken had for a while in his avatar). Really he should look younger.
Actually art is good but the therere few mistakes in the ideas and composition.
Well maybe this isnt fierce disagreement as I intended but I think its enough. Maybe I should add this.
How dare you say its allright Polly, its far from allright. Youre opinions are invalid and you should take them back.
Now thats better.
Edit: Also about Art of Fighting cover, when will theyre gonna use King as a important character in the cover if they wont use her in the Art of Fighting covers?

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Mon 12 Jun 06:17]

Pollyanna
1833th Post

"Re(4):New Garou Densetsu Battle Archive 1 Sco" , posted Mon 12 Jun 06:14post reply

OK, OK...if you take it apart bit by bit, maybe there are a lot of things wrong. There ARE too many logos. One, new, awesome logo would be better. The lack of Andy and Joe is also not right, especially with that lumpy guy in the top left. Who's that again?

But I still like the picture. The texture on Terry's jacket and jeans is amazing, and I really like Geese's face.

IkariDC
518th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):New Garou Densetsu Battle Archive 1 Sco" , posted Mon 12 Jun 06:16post reply

quote:

As far as I'm concerned, this is the FF cover by which all others will be judged. It's a work of art!

Yeah, I love that one too! I had a poster of that one when I was a kid, some years ago I learned it was done by my beloved Yoshiyuki Sadamoto!

I Think that this PS2 is pretty good! I'm loving the art of all these SNK releases.

Maese Spt
257th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(5):New Garou Densetsu Battle Archive 1 Sco" , posted Mon 12 Jun 07:01:post reply

quote:

I had a poster of that one when I was a kid, some years ago I learned it was done by my beloved Yoshiyuki Sadamoto!

Hey, me too! That was a surprise learning that it was Sadamoto's work as well.

But I must say I liked more Shinkiro's drawings. I know, I know, I have a weird taste... but the "realist" touch seemed quite cool to me back then. Aww jeez, another thread which makes me feel older... tsk, tsk.

Edit: typo

MATSUKEN SAMBA!!!

[this message was edited by Maese Spt on Mon 12 Jun 07:18]

ONSLAUGHT
3584th Post

"Re(1):New Garou Densetsu Battle Archive 1 Sco" , posted Mon 12 Jun 07:43post reply

quote:
New Scoop:

http://plusd.itmedia.co.jp/games/articles/0606/09/news045.html

And for those who haven't seen cover art yet.

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/edigi-game/407195/436110/716010/

Cool cover, I like it a lot, except for the 284 logos that ruin the art...
Cool indeed, but I never cared for Fatal Fury, where's my Art of Fighting compilation?

kofoguz
380th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(5):New Garou Densetsu Battle Archive 1 Sco" , posted Mon 12 Jun 07:46post reply

quote:
But I still like the picture. The texture on Terry's jacket and jeans is amazing, and I really like Geese's face.

So we agree again, dammit. How can I explain this now. (.............)Wait a minute, I dont have to explain.
Well thats the good parts in the cover, especially Terry and Jin brothers.
The bald guy is Axel Hawk. Well the 90 year old looking guy which supposed to be 40-45 year old latino playboy (or gay playboy) is Laurence Blood (not sure about his exact age and name).

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
Polly will be mine. Muahhhaha. If I keep going flattering her Im sure s/h/i will be giving birth of my children.
I am so genius

End of Spoiler

shindekudasai
113th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):New Garou Densetsu Battle Archive 1 Sco" , posted Mon 12 Jun 07:50:post reply

Sadamoto also did 2 other Fatal Fury covers, both of which appear in the Der Mond (mostly Eva-)artbook. Haven't used the imageboard before but I'll give it a whack since I have scans.

*edit* check the imageboard, sorry for the quality reduction

Wither Blister Burn + Peel

[this message was edited by shindekudasai on Mon 12 Jun 08:08]

kofoguz
383th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):New Garou Densetsu Battle Archive 1 Sco" , posted Mon 12 Jun 08:04:post reply

quote:
Cool indeed, but I never cared for Fatal Fury, where's my Art of Fighting compilation?

Here it is.
Here is a bigger one
EDIT:Btw why did I suck up to you. You never gonna marry me anyway.

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Mon 12 Jun 08:04]

Ishmael
2517th Post

"Re(3):New Garou Densetsu Battle Archive 1 Sco" , posted Mon 12 Jun 08:26post reply

quote:
Sadamoto also did 2 other Fatal Fury covers, both of which appear in the Der Mond (mostly Eva-)artbook. Haven't used the imageboard before but I'll give it a whack since I have scans.

Thanks, I haven't seen those shots in some time.

Pollyanna
1834th Post

"Re(6):New Garou Densetsu Battle Archive 1 Sco" , posted Mon 12 Jun 09:43post reply

quote:

The bald guy is Axel Hawk.

I can't remember him...that means he shouldn't be on the cover. Hahaha...well, maybe my memory is just bad, but at any rate, he's not more important than Andy and Joe.

I'm not really big on the whole marriage thing. It might be fun to have a gladiator competition for all the "marriage applicants" though.

Digitalboy
325th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):New Garou Densetsu Battle Archive 1 Sco" , posted Mon 12 Jun 09:52post reply

With attitude like that you are LUCKY that she even knows that you exists.

quote:

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Toxico
4224th Post

"Re(4):New Garou Densetsu Battle Archive 1 Sco" , posted Mon 12 Jun 09:57:post reply

About the covers, 1000000 logos are spected to show up; we have company logo, console logo, game title logo, perhaps age rating and who knows what other crap.

On the few character parts; not having andy and joe in the cover is unforgivable; but the covers follows the same logic that the AoF one, and that's main, Boss and sub-boss / boss right hand....

I would try to comment more, but Ishmael's links are sucking away my sanity.

quote:
I can't remember him...that means he shouldn't be on the cover. Hahaha...well, maybe my memory is just bad, but at any rate, he's not more important than Andy and Joe.

Axel Hawk, as previously stated, he fought in an electrified ring and was boss Nº2 after Billy Kane, he was pretty tough and I'M SURE that they where aiming to inlcude all bosses and sub bosses in the cover, as they did.

And no worries, I won't ask pollyana to marry me, after all Oroch and Iggy already want to get a taste of the skin that's under my T-Shirt.

See??? He is a God...

[this message was edited by Toxico on Mon 12 Jun 10:08]

kofoguz
383th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(4):New Garou Densetsu Battle Archive 1 Sco" , posted Mon 12 Jun 13:16post reply

quote:
With attitude like that you are LUCKY that she even knows that you exists.

quote:

No, no. That was aimed to Onslaught. You know I was tryed to gain his heart too, by posting his art of fighting cover.

Well there re lots of people that I wanna marry with in the cafe(probably you caught my secret intention after all of that *agreement* and *flattering* and *sucking up*) but the one is Polly.
Well I am ready to fight for you, Polly.

IkariDC
519th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):New Garou Densetsu Battle Archive 1 Sco" , posted Mon 12 Jun 20:09post reply

quote:

Yeah, for the Genesis/Mega Drive Fatal Fury 2 and Fatal Fury Special games, of course I own the artbook. What puzzles me is that the piece of art we were talking about is not included in the artbook... How strange.

quote:

Hey, me too! That was a surprise learning that it was Sadamoto's work as well.

But I must say I liked more Shinkiro's drawings. I know, I know, I have a weird taste... but the "realist" touch seemed quite cool to me back then. Aww jeez, another thread which makes me feel older... tsk, tsk.

Dude, the golden era of Hobby Consolas, those were the good ol' days... Yeah, Shinkiro has always been my favourite. His contributions from Fatal Fury 3 to the Real Bout games are just awesome. But I like that Sega made Sadamoto work on these alternate covers, they are sweet! But I don't understand why Terry and Andy's face are different. Andy is ugly in all those drawings!

Iron D
2698th Post

"Ah, blast it..." , posted Tue 13 Jun 01:13post reply

I'm assuming we won't be getting this here in the States. I really want this, KoF Orochi Saga (or whatever it's called....the KoF collection with the '95, '96, and '97) and Vampire Collection.

I know this is a really newb question by MMCafe standards, but can anyone tell me how I can play Japanese games on my PS2? I've only ever played import games on my Saturn, and for that I just used an import cartridge.

Also, a little OT, but does either the KoF collection or the Vampire Collection have the options of playing the games in english (like Vampire Saviour for Saturn)?

Zelkin. Pimped.

Ammadeau
1514th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Ah, blast it..." , posted Tue 13 Jun 01:17post reply

I'd really love to have this collection, but it's a little too pricy at my current 'no money' status. I'm still a big fan of the Fatal Fury games, even though I doubt they've aged very well.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

exodus
3416th Post

"Re(1):Ah, blast it..." , posted Tue 13 Jun 01:18post reply

that cover seems a bit clip art.

ah well...I've played all these games, why do I need to buy it again? SNK is grating on me. I understand they're trying to build up some cash, but I am not so convinced that they're going to spend it doing something that I like in the future.

that said, if the money from KOF '94 re:bout went into making Card Fighters DS, then I'll shut my mouth right up.

Pollyanna
1841th Post

"Re(1):Ah, blast it..." , posted Tue 13 Jun 07:06post reply

quote:

I know this is a really newb question by MMCafe standards, but can anyone tell me how I can play Japanese games on my PS2? I've only ever played import games on my Saturn, and for that I just used an import cartridge.

Look up "flip top lid" or "swap magic" if you don't like soldering mod chips.

Digitalboy
328th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):Ah, blast it..." , posted Tue 13 Jun 09:30:post reply

I have the KOF Orochi Hen for the Playstion 2 and it does give you the option to play in English (at least for KOF '96 and '97, I am not really sure about KOF '95 because that is my least favorite out of the three...oops, that was a run on).

quote:
Also, a little OT, but does either the KoF collection or the Vampire Collection have the options of playing the games in english (like Vampire Saviour for Saturn)?

Off topic: The KOF Orochi Hen plays without a problem on the flip top lid Playstation 2 magic swap.

EDIT!

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

[this message was edited by Digitalboy on Tue 13 Jun 09:32]

Toxico
4226th Post

"Re(2):Ah, blast it..." , posted Tue 13 Jun 13:05post reply

quote:

Soldering chips to OLD consoles (first three years) -> very bad choice
Soldering chips to NEW consoles (new models) -> pehaps ubber bad choice
Soldering chips to the other 'time frame consoles' -> good choice if the model and the chip is compatible.

"flip top lid" -> for what I have heard, very bad choice regardless of the console, nothing will pop up right away, but it has long term problems, like a calamity seed.

What type of swap magic is hitting it on on the us? I knew ones that involved movement of the console (that's olways bad) and others that didn't need you to rotate/move the console (always the best).

It's a hard choice to play imports on a ps2, compatibilities and durability issues arise with most methods to play imports, and that's all due to sony's policy; so do me a favor and tourch the nearest sony building right away; I'll get you something good for christmas and you'll be your home town hero.

See??? He is a God...

KumagaiToshiro
117th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):New Garou Densetsu Battle Archive 1 Sco" , posted Tue 13 Jun 15:50:post reply

quote:

As far as I'm concerned, this is the FF cover by which all others will be judged.

Do not want.

[this message was edited by KumagaiToshiro on Tue 13 Jun 16:13]

Iron D
2702th Post

"Re(3):Ah, blast it..." , posted Tue 13 Jun 17:03post reply

quote:

Soldering chips to OLD consoles (first three years) -> very bad choice
Soldering chips to NEW consoles (new models) -> pehaps ubber bad choice
Soldering chips to the other 'time frame consoles' -> good choice if the model and the chip is compatible.

"flip top lid" -> for what I have heard, very bad choice regardless of the console, nothing will pop up right away, but it has long term problems, like a calamity seed.

What type of swap magic is hitting it on on the us? I knew ones that involved movement of the console (that's olways bad) and others that didn't need you to rotate/move the console (always the best).

It's a hard choice to play imports on a ps2, compatibilities and durability issues arise with most methods to play imports, and that's all due to sony's policy; so do me a favor and tourch the nearest sony building right away; I'll get you something good for christmas and you'll be your home town hero.

Thank you, Toxico and Pollyana. I was afraid of options that could potentially damage my PS2. As is, my PS2 is in pretty bad condition already (it won't play PS1 games at all, it plays PS2 cds [Contra: Shattered Soldier works well, but Tekken Tag Tournament won't play at all], and at the moment it won't play any DVD movies), and I'm afraid of things like getting someone to solder a chip in.

And thank you Digitalboy for letting me know about the KoF collection.

So, for those who have modded their PS2s, how did you do it? Or should I create a new thread for this question...

Zelkin. Pimped.

Pollyanna
1842th Post

"Re(3):Ah, blast it..." , posted Tue 13 Jun 18:36post reply

quote:

What does "nothing will pop up right away" mean? No one I know with a flip top lid has had any problems, and I can't possibly imagine how it could damage the system. Installation is completely harmless and the only difference between using it and a normal PS2 is that you don't press the eject button. Unless the PS2 needs to have its eject button pressed to feel good about itself, I can't think of any damage this could possibly have.

Swap Magic should be completely harmless as well. The only way it could damage the system in the least is by wearing down the laser. If you do something stupid like burn every game you play and use cheap CDs/DVDs, then that wears on the lens. I think people who blame Swap Magic for that are probably people who use it to play burns. While It's possible that Swap Magic itself could wear down the laser, since it only reads for like...one second...the PS2 would find another way to murder itself far before then.

Maybe you're thinking of earlier versions of either product, or bad configurations, but the newest versions should be almost totally safe. At least safe enough to not deter someone from using them.

makondo99
334th Post

Bronze Customer

"Powah Geysah" , posted Tue 13 Jun 22:20post reply

There's also the option to load games from a hard drive. People claim that loading time are faster (a big plus if you consider the infamous loading times of SNK ports) and you don't wear off the laser. The drawbacks are that not all games support this (there's a compatibility list floating around in the 'net) and that you have to spend some money purchasing a HD, a PS2 Network Adaptor, and the software (HD Loader) although the latter should be also somewhere in the 'net... *cough* torrents *cough*

Toxico
4229th Post

"Re(4):Ah, blast it..." , posted Wed 14 Jun 00:41post reply

quote:
Maybe you're thinking of earlier versions of either product, or bad configurations, but the newest versions should be almost totally safe. At least safe enough to not deter someone from using them.

I didn't even think it was an issue to consider when writting the statement; but of course I am speaking of older/outdated versions; I live in the end of the world after all.

Anything but chips failed to kick in in my country.

See??? He is a God...

exodus
3422th Post

"Re(4):Ah, blast it..." , posted Wed 14 Jun 01:56post reply

quote:

So, for those who have modded their PS2s, how did you do it? Or should I create a new thread for this question...

pay the extra money and get a DMS3 chip. it plays everything, including all region dvd, psone, etc, without boot discs.

check into it.

crazymike
1239th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(5):Ah, blast it..." , posted Thu 15 Jun 01:40post reply

quote:

pay the extra money and get a DMS3 chip. it plays everything, including all region dvd, psone, etc, without boot discs.

check into it.

Someone like me has a V1 Playstation (what, those exist? LOL) and for a bastard like me who ran out to get the PS2 when it first came out is stuck with very few modchip options because everything is made for those who jumped later in the rat race.

I have truly decided I should just save up the money and buy a new Playstation 2 console that is pre-modded and avoid all the hassle of soldering a chip in myself. Plus I will get a new system with a new laser.

Toxico
4230th Post

"Re(6):Ah, blast it..." , posted Thu 15 Jun 12:34post reply

quote:

I have truly decided I should just save up the money and buy a new Playstation 2 console that is pre-modded and avoid all the hassle of soldering a chip in myself. Plus I will get a new system with a new laser.

At least in my country; PS2 are pretty much the same as cars, the older they are; the more expensive is the replacement parts needed for something that brokes down, so you have to be veryt careful of actually buying a somewhat new ps2; but this arise a new problem; I heard that the first branch of new 'slim' ps2 models really doesn't take well most chips; so you'll need to really ask around what year and what chip are you getting.

As Exodus said, DMS3 is by far the best chip; so you have to dig around what consoles are good for the version/build of the chip that you are getting; these 'compatibility' things and 'porting issues' are things that most good technicians should handle and won't cough off easily without a beer or ten.

See??? He is a God...

freak
11th Post

New Customer

"New Screenshots at Game Watch." , posted Thu 22 Jun 14:05post reply

New Screenshots.

freak
37th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):New Garou Densetsu Battle Archive 1" , posted Fri 14 Jul 16:06post reply