The World Cup Thread! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4698 Views )

Time Mage
2407th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"The World Cup Thread!" , posted Fri 9 Jun 23:36post reply

Here we are, one more time, to comment all what you want about this year's Football World Cup.

I'm afraid this time the thread isn't going to be as popular as in previous years, since Daala and Whitesword, the other football fans besides me doesn't post that much lately, but whatever.

Anyway, in a bit more than an hour, the World Cup will begin with Germany - Costa Rica. While I'm not very interested in the match itself, it will be a good test to see what has Klinsmann been able to do with the Germn team. I'm rooting on Costa Rica in this one, but I don't think they'll win.

~~~Knowledge is power~~~

Replies:

whitesword
1590th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Sat 10 Jun 00:15post reply

It's not like I'm dead or anything damn it, I just choose to lurk moar.

And I will not even THINK about the first match before it begins lest I jinx Germany <:X

exodus
3410th Post

"Re(1):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Sat 10 Jun 00:53post reply

I hate the world cup because it raised plane ticket prices to europe. I don't care who kicks a ball where, I just want to go visit france!

whitesword
1591th Post

"Goooooooooaaaaaaaaaal~" , posted Sat 10 Jun 01:08post reply

W00t! I say, w00t indeed!

Early goals make me happy

Iggy
7745th Post

"Re(2):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Sat 10 Jun 01:12post reply

quote:
I hate the world cup because it raised plane ticket prices to europe. I don't care who kicks a ball where, I just want to go visit france!

Sometimes I dream my whole neighbourhood has become Bio Hasard 4, and I have to kill all the evil ganado with a launchrocket.
Except they are not ganados, they are tourists.
And they don't drop pesetas, they drop spanish and italian euros.

But they're still noisy and smelly.
(yes, ennemies in BH4 were smelly. You'll see when you'll play the remake on PS4 and its smellotion engine).

Maese Spt
249th Post

Frequent Customer

"Opá, amo a po er mundiá...!" , posted Sat 10 Jun 03:36post reply

Oh, yeah, it's that time of the year already.... no, wait, the World Cup comes only every 4 years.

Anyway, I'm eager to see if japanese guys are able to make their way into the next round, how deep will Spain sink this time, how well that young dutch attacker is gonna play, and how Germany is (hopefully) going to beat Brazil on the great final.

Sure, Brazil has the best team of the entire competition, and if there is a team wich can win two Wold Cups in a row that is the "canarinha", but... man, such a godlike feat seems almost impossible to me. Germany plays at home and has a competetnt team, so I bet they will be the champions. Argentina may have a chance as well, but I say so on every Wold Cup and those damned fools always manage to screw it up. Maradona's shadow is too long, it seems.

So, as always, on this World Cup I'll be a die hard supporter of Japan (my weeaboo side betrays me, naive me), Germany, Holland and, to a lesser extent, Argentina. Spain? Oh, we all know how far Spain is gonna reach even before playing, so why bother?

P.S.
It's ironic that I'm discussing about soccer on a videogame related board, while I despise 99% of soccer simulators...

MATSUKEN SAMBA!!!

Spoon
1327th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Opá, amo a po er mundiá...!" , posted Sat 10 Jun 03:39post reply

quote:
Oh, yeah, it's that time of the year already.... no, wait, the World Cup comes only every 4 years.

Anyway, I'm eager to see if japanese guys are able to make their way into the next round, how deep will Spain sink this time, how well that young dutch attacker is gonna play, and how Germany is (hopefully) going to beat Brazil on the great final.

Sure, Brazil has the best team of the entire competition, and if there is a team wich can win two Wold Cups in a row that is the "canarinha", but... man, such a godlike feat seems almost impossible to me. Germany plays at home and has a competetnt team, so I bet they will be the champions. Argentina may have a chance as well, but I say so on every Wold Cup and those damned fools always manage to screw it up. Maradona's shadow is too long, it seems.

So, as always, on this World Cup I'll be a die hard supporter of Japan (my weeaboo side betrays me, naive me), Germany, Holland and, to a lesser extent, Argentina. Spain? Oh, we all know how far Spain is gonna reach even before playing, so why bother?

P.S.
It's ironic that I'm discussing about soccer on a videogame related board, while I despise 99% of soccer simulators...

Canada will win the World Cup, which will be met with indifference and ignorance in North America... until the riots in all the real soccer nations make headline news in North America.

exodus
3411th Post

"Re(2):Opá, amo a po er mundiá...!" , posted Sat 10 Jun 03:42post reply

WotR did something funny.

Maese Spt
251th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):Opá, amo a po er mundiá...!" , posted Sat 10 Jun 04:05post reply

I tell you, if Canada wins this World Cup, THAT would be really something.

Also,our little Captain Tsubasa supports some awkward J-team related beverage. Such things are only seen every 4 years... thanks goodness.

MATSUKEN SAMBA!!!

Time Mage
2408th Post

"Re(2):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Sat 10 Jun 05:27post reply

quote:
It's not like I'm dead or anything damn it, I just choose to lurk moar.

Hey, I was not complaining! (Well, I was ¬¬)

Anyway, wow, the first and last goals from Germany were amazing, it's good to see a good start of the championship. However, getting two goals from Costa Rica doesn't speak very well about Germany's defense.

Oh, exodus, I'm sorry about your ticket planes... But I don't really think that the prices have risen because of the World Cup. I mean... There is very little people from the US who are interested in the World Cup enough to go to Germany to see it. So don't bring strange excuses and go visit Iggy!

~~~Knowledge is power~~~

kofoguz
369th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Sat 10 Jun 06:21post reply

If I know ascii art, I would draw a man who turn his behind and crying on his arm.
Damn last time we won against both hosts and were in the 3rd place, now we cant even participate. Next time Türkiye next time.
By the way Im not that hot supporter for football but world cup and european cups are something different, especially you live in a country whose men loves it more than their wives.
Believe me, football is very dear of most people in here, I've got Ps2 and my older brothers and their friends treat it like PES/Winning Eleven machine. Actually most of Ps2 owners in here thinks PS2 as a winning eleven machine.

Time Mage
2409th Post

"Re(2):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Sun 11 Jun 06:27post reply

quote:
Believe me, football is very dear of most people in here, I've got Ps2 and my older brothers and their friends treat it like PES/Winning Eleven machine. Actually most of Ps2 owners in here thinks PS2 as a winning eleven machine.

Oh, I feel identified! Here happens the same. For my brother, the PS2 is "That machine that plays the latest Pro Evolution Soccer and those strange games from his brother". Many, many people buys the PS2 only to play Pro Evolution, GTA, and a few more (the booooring F-1 games, for example).

By the way, the matches of today:

England 1 Paraguay 0
Trinidad & Tobago 0 Sweden 0
Argentina 2 Ivory Coast 1

Oh, and yesterday, besides Germany - Costa Rica, there was another match:

Poland 0 - Ecuador 2

I'm surprised Sweden didn't managed to score a goal against Trinidad & Tobago, they have very good forwards.

~~~Knowledge is power~~~

Shooo-rook
209th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Sun 11 Jun 06:45post reply

quote:

Oh, I feel identified! Here happens the same. For my brother, the PS2 is "That machine that plays the latest Pro Evolution Soccer and those strange games from his brother". Many, many people buys the PS2 only to play Pro Evolution, GTA, and a few more (the booooring F-1 games, for example).

England 1 Paraguay 0

Poland 0 - Ecuador 2

I'm surprised Sweden didn't managed to score a goal against Trinidad & Tobago, they have very good forwards.

I saw the last few minutes of the Ivory Coast and Argentina match, and i was pullin' for the Ivory Coast... Anyways, what happens when both teams score 0?

Are you slave to the blade?

kofoguz
372th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Sun 11 Jun 08:09:post reply

quote:

You know its like buying 102 inch plazma just for watching news. Non-stop.

quote:
I saw the last few minutes of the Ivory Coast and Argentina match, and i was pullin' for the Ivory Coast... Anyways, what happens when both teams score 0?

Well I didnt watch it that carefully but by luck, I saw that shorty Saviola do fake injury and it was his wrong leg. I mean nobody was that near to fake and trick the refree also he act like his safe leg was injured. I know a lot of fotball player do that but this was so damn obvious in every camera angle and darn funny when he started to fake.

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Sun 11 Jun 08:10]

CHAZumaru
404th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Sun 11 Jun 18:26post reply

quote:
Oh, exodus, I'm sorry about your ticket planes... But I don't really think that the prices have risen because of the World Cup. I mean... There is very little people from the US who are interested in the World Cup enough to go to Germany to see it. So don't bring strange excuses and go visit Iggy!

The effect is indirect. Very high demand for plane travels during the World Cup = skyrocketing fuel price = expensive plane tickets. Though I agree that exodus is using cheap excuses as always.

quote:
WotR did something funny.

Actually, about your IC newspost, it's not only England but every football-loving country that has this team stickers phenomenon. Check here. It's the worldwide equivalent to US Baseball cards.

NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 Z80 AND SH-2 HEART ON FIRE !!

Time Mage
2410th Post

"Re(4):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Sun 11 Jun 21:09post reply

quote:

In this first league stage, a win gives 3 points, a draw 1, and a lose 0, so both teams will get 1 point. after every team has played against the others of their group, the two teams with more points advance to the eighthfinals (is that a word in English?). In the case of a draw, the total goals scored and taken, and the individual matchups are taken into account.

~~~Knowledge is power~~~

CHAZumaru
405th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Mon 12 Jun 04:00post reply

quote:
the two teams with more points advance to the eighthfinals (is that a word in English?).

Nope, they say "second round", which always irks me.

Mexico-Iran (3-1) was surprisingly entertaining, despites the lack of luchadores.

NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 Z80 AND SH-2 HEART ON FIRE !!

Maese Spt
252th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(6):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Mon 12 Jun 06:15post reply

quote:
Anyways, what happens when both teams score 0?

You can yell at FIFA to refund the money of your ticket :P

quote:

Mexico-Iran (3-1) was surprisingly entertaining, despites the lack of luchadores.

I myself enjoyed the aztec-like headdresses of mexican supporters very much. That's a pity Cuatemoc Blanco is not in the team anymore, his given name would have matched the crowd's attire quite well!

Oh, and Portugal just suck. A team with their potential should beat the crap out of Angola much harder... What a letdown. Meh, soccer nowadays is not like it used to be.

Let's see how Japan performs against Australia tomorrow...

MATSUKEN SAMBA!!!

shooo-rook
211th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(6):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Mon 12 Jun 06:38:post reply

quote:
the two teams with more points advance to the eighthfinals (is that a word in English?).

Nope, they say "second round", which always irks me.

The US's performance today was horrible... The Czech Republic Dominated... Rosicky's two goals put the nail in the coffin

[this message was edited by shooo-rook on Tue 13 Jun 03:06]

Tai-Pan
126th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Tue 13 Jun 05:07post reply

quote:

England 1 Paraguay 0

Poland 0 - Ecuador 2

Right now im watching Italy vs Ghana. I hope Italy wins, even though Ghana is pushing the ball and making Italians nervous. Im kind of sad Japan lost to Australia.
I looking forward to Argentina this friday, Im argentinean so I had some mini-heart-attacks during the last match against the Ivory Coast.

I just HOPE Brazil doesnt finish first again....its just boring.

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

exodus
3418th Post

"Re(4):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Tue 13 Jun 06:01post reply

quote:

Actually, about your IC newspost, it's not only England but every football-loving country that has this team stickers phenomenon. Check here. It's the worldwide equivalent to US Baseball cards.

oh man! you should've done an addendum - I only saw this now. ah well!

Time Mage
2412th Post

"Re(7):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Tue 13 Jun 06:17post reply

quote:
The US's performance today was horrible... The Czech Republic Dominated... Rosicky's two goals put the nail in the coffin

Eh, the Czech Republic team is very good. The US team has always been on of the weak ones (although they are certainly progressing), so the victory is not very surprising. Three goals are quite a lot, however.

On the other side, the Japan - Australia match was really surprising. In 8 minutes, the Aussies scored 3 goals. That's a good comeback, indeed. I guess the Japanese will have to keep reading Captain Tsubasa if they want to see their team performing well.

Oh, and Italy won, of course. Italy 2 - Ghana 0.

~~~Knowledge is power~~~

Maese Spt
260th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(8):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Thu 15 Jun 02:58post reply

quote:

Yeah, the States have improved a lot in these last years, but they are a low-tier team yet, so to speak, while Czech Republic would be a mid-tier, so the result was expectable.

Oh, and today must be a wonderful day for Time Mage, I suppose: the best Wold Cup start up in spanish soccer history! Nobody expected such a result. I mean, Spain should win against Ukranie, sure, but a 4-0 is much more than most optimistic forecasts could ever guess. A most promising headstart. Anyway, it's only the first match, the true Wold Cup begins on the second round and we all know Spain's speciality is screwing it up right there...

And the rest of the tournament... well, Brazil's dissaponting victory was not a surprise at all, since brazilians tend to be kinda uncomfortable when the World Cup is held on european lands. I'm interested on the Germany vs Poland tonight. I bet the TV speaker is gonna make some lame WWII jokes about it.

On the other hand, Japan's humiliating loss against Australia pisses me off to no end. Now it's almost impossible for Nakata & Co. to qualify for the next round. To think that, before the infatuous match, that Zico moron had the cheek of saying that they were even able to win the Cup... shame, shame.

MATSUKEN SAMBA!!!

whitesword
1592th Post

"Re(9):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Thu 15 Jun 05:51post reply

GAH! FINALLY

Germany 1 - 0 Poland

That was a bitch of a match.

Time Mage
2418th Post

"Re(9):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Thu 15 Jun 06:55post reply

quote:

Oh, and today must be a wonderful day for Time Mage, I suppose: the best Wold Cup start up in spanish soccer history! Nobody expected such a result. I mean, Spain should win against Ukranie, sure, but a 4-0 is much more than most optimistic forecasts could ever guess. A most promising headstart. Anyway, it's only the first match, the true Wold Cup begins on the second round and we all know Spain's speciality is screwing it up right there...

I am happy, indeed. Not only because of the score, but because they played DAMN WELL. However, the truth is that Ukranie performed really, really bad, they weren't even trying, it seemd. And lack of pressure = Xavi has time to think his next pass = total domination.

BTW, did I say that I hate exams? I missed Germany's match, and it was really exciting, or so they say.

~~~Knowledge is power~~~

Shooo-rook
212th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(10):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Thu 15 Jun 14:08post reply

I am waiting to see what happens Saturday (USA v. Italy) those plumbers are maybe (probly) going to kick our yankee asses... but viewing it will be a pleasure?

Time Mage
2419th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Thu 15 Jun 17:03post reply

quote:
I am waiting to see what happens Saturday (USA v. Italy) those plumbers are maybe (probly) going to kick our yankee asses... but viewing it will be a pleasure?

Probably not. By definition, Italy plays ugly, defensive, but wins. However, this Italy seems a bit different from others, so maybe they'll offer a bit more spectacle. I really doubt USA will be able to win, but who knows?

~~~Knowledge is power~~~

Tai-Pan
128th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Sat 17 Jun 01:49post reply

Im ULTRA Happy, Argentina won by 6 goals!!

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Time Mage
2420th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Sat 17 Jun 05:38post reply

quote:

And how they won! Not only 6 goals, but playing brilliantly, also.

Rid won't be that happy, I guess, he would have preferred to have your team eliminated in the first round, so that the "World Cup fever" fades fast. XDD

~~~Knowledge is power~~~

OmegaDog
1602th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Sat 17 Jun 07:04post reply

And holy crap, did Mexico play poorly today. Several opportunities to score goals, and they couldn't capitalize on any of 'em today.

At least it tied 0-0 against Angola -- but still, that doesn't inspire confidence for when they play against Portugal.

"So... IT'S FLITZ TIME EVERYBODY!" || CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 21

Tai-Pan
129th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Sun 18 Jun 07:55post reply

quote:

And how they won! Not only 6 goals, but playing brilliantly, also.

Rid won't be that happy, I guess, he would have preferred to have your team eliminated in the first round, so that the "World Cup fever" fades fast. XDD

Whats the problem between Rid and the WC?

Shooo-rook
213th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Sun 18 Jun 13:46post reply

quote:

Probably not. By definition, Italy plays ugly, defensive, but wins. However, this Italy seems a bit different from others, so maybe they'll offer a bit more spectacle. I really doubt USA will be able to win, but who knows?

They didn't win, but they tied!(thanks to the italians and their goal happy legs)

Time Mage
2421th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Mon 19 Jun 00:43post reply

quote:

He hates football, if nothing has changed since the last time he mentioned it. So, the fastest Argentina is eliminated, the faster all the football-related crap that accompanies a WC will fade there.

Oh, and Croatia 0 Japan 0. Since Japan HAS TO defeat Brazil in order to have a chance to acess to second round, they are probably out. Croatia is in the same situation, but they'll have an easier rival, Australia.

~~~Knowledge is power~~~

Maese Spt
262th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(7):Re(10):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Mon 19 Jun 00:52:post reply

quote:

He hates football, if nothing has changed since the last time he mentioned it. So, the fastest Argentina is eliminated, the faster all the football-related crap that accompanies a WC will fade there.

Hmm, I feel sorry for him... Argentina is probably going to last til' the very end of the tournament. I predict a Germany vs. Argentina on the final.

And didn't Tai-Pan hate soccer as well? What the heck is he doing on a World Cup thread rooting for the albiceleste?

Oh, and USA's draw against Italy was quite a surprise! And with 9 players! Truly heroic. Indeed, soccer is a sport where gekokujô takes place quite often. But I'm afraid Japan won't be so lucky against Brazil... *sigh*

MATSUKEN SAMBA!!!

[this message was edited by Maese Spt on Mon 19 Jun 00:57]

Tai-Pan
130th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(8):Re(10):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Mon 19 Jun 06:48post reply

quote:

Hmm, I feel sorry for him... Argentina is probably going to last til' the very end of the tournament. I predict a Germany vs. Argentina on the final.

And didn't Tai-Pan hate soccer as well? What the heck is he doing on a World Cup thread rooting for the albiceleste?

Oh, and USA's draw against Italy was quite a surprise! And with 9 players! Truly heroic. Indeed, soccer is a sport where gekokujô takes place quite often. But I'm afraid Japan won't be so lucky against Brazil... *sigh*

What? That I hate it?? No way!! I LOVE IT!!!! So there..hehe, as for Rid, I would suggest him to relax and close himself into his room enjoying anime or whatever game he likes and ignore all the soccer maniacs. He cant hope his country's soccer team loses just because he hates soccer! Lol.

Well, Korea did good against France, it was a good match, I hope Korea does better, whats going on with France?
Brazil did an OK job, they are not the same as the last WC, I dont know whats wrong with them.
As for Japan, they are probably out, but I hope they play well against Brazil, or at least injure some of their players!! hehe

Time Mage
2422th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Mon 19 Jun 07:16post reply

quote:
whats going on with France?

They are VERY old. All of them. When a team has a mean age of 30 years, something is wrong.

~~~Knowledge is power~~~

Taa kun
511th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(10):Re(10):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Mon 19 Jun 19:29post reply

quote:

They are VERY old. All of them. When a team has a mean age of 30 years, something is wrong.

Yeah, they can play good, but only for 45 minutes...

Tsukurimashou... Tsukurimashou...
Sate sate nani ga dekiru ka na ?

Mokona
368th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Tue 20 Jun 00:11post reply

quote:

Yeah, they can play good, but only for 45 minutes...

Tell that to Domenech...
It's time someone got the balls to allow the younger ones to play. Anyway, all's not lost for France, but imagining this was perhaps Zidane's last match with Les Bleus was kinda sad.

Blah!

Time Mage
2423th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Tue 20 Jun 17:26post reply

Spain 3 Tunisia 1

Yay! After going down 0-1, Spain managed to come back thanks to their good offense. Sadly, Spain defenders played very poorly yesterday: It was one of the worst Puyol matches I've ever seen, he was insecure and slow. And considering he is the soul of our defense that hurt. Also, the Tunisians played very intelligently, pressuring our midfield in order to difficult our midfielders work, which is crucial to us. But in the end, Spain won, and I'm happy. ^^

Also, Ukranie scored 4-0 against Saudi Arabia. They sure needed that after their last match against Spain.

~~~Knowledge is power~~~

Maese Spt
264th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(9):Re(10):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Wed 21 Jun 02:48post reply

quote:

What? That I hate it?? No way!! I LOVE IT!!!! So there..

Heh heh, finding one was strange enough, but I knew there couldn't be TWO soccer-hater argentinians out there. Now the Universe is in order once again.

quote:
As for Japan, they are probably out, but I hope they play well against Brazil, or at least injure some of their players!! hehe

Fair play, fuck yeah! Now, that's really typical argentinian! Like the old brazilian saying goes: "mais animal qui o zagheiro argentino", lol. But heck, that's what I like of Argentina's playing style: sturdiest defenders of the world wisely combined with talented people on midfield and forward lines!

Hmmm, I'm quite excited about the inminent Argentina vs. Holland... And let's see how Germany plays today, now that they don't have the pressure of passing to the next round anymore.

MATSUKEN SAMBA!!!

Tai-Pan
131th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(10):Re(10):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Wed 21 Jun 04:48post reply

quote:

Hmmm, I'm quite excited about the inminent Argentina vs. Holland... And let's see how Germany plays today, now that they don't have the pressure of passing to the next round anymore.

Germany won, they have everything on their favor.

There's gonna be something weird about tomorrow's match between HOL-ARG. Both teams already passed to the next round; both teams will be using substitues because they dont want to risk their best players; and both teams "will avoid winning", since that would increase their chances of facing a strong opponent in the future, like Germany or England.
Im gonna be enrvous, the dutchs always scare me; argentinian players will be also nervous.

What really puzzles me is Ronaldo, is there something really wrong with him or its just bad luck?

whitesword
1593th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Wed 21 Jun 05:39post reply

quote:

What really puzzles me is Ronaldo, is there something really wrong with him or its just bad luck?

Psst, over here...

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -

HE'S FAT

End of Spoiler

Moriya
55th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Wed 21 Jun 06:54:post reply

quote:

There's plenty wrong with him. He'll hardly be the same Ronaldo from 4 years ago.

He's overweight, and his emotional state is not so fine either (lots of pressure on him, people saying he's fat and everything), which reflects on his physical condition (he's had fever, headache and dizziness; in the match against Croatia, where he barely played, he had felt sick just before the match started - kinda reminds us of what happened in France in 1998).

In the match against Australia he did a little better, but still very far from his prime. He's just not the same physically, and I doubt he'll get much better... shame.

EDIT: Thankfully, it seems that I was a little wrong on that. He's not in his best shape, but he's better than what most people would believe him to be.

So, today he became the top scorer ever in World Cups, tied with Gerd Muller.

[this message was edited by Moriya on Fri 23 Jun 08:02]

Time Mage
2425th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Sat 24 Jun 21:32:post reply

The secon round matches are:

Jun 24 11:00 ET Germany v Sweden
Jun 24 15:00 ET Argentina v Mexico
Jun 25 11:00 ET England v Ecuador
Jun 25 15:00 ET Portugal v Netherlands
Jun 26 11:00 ET Italy v Australia
Jun 26 15:00 ET Switzerland v Ukraine
Jun 27 11:00 ET Brazil v Ghana
Jun 27 15:00 ET Spain v France

My predictions are in bold.

France will be a tough opponent to beat, despite thier age, but I think Spain is now superior to them.

~~~Knowledge is power~~~

[this message was edited by Time Mage on Sun 25 Jun 04:03]

Tai-Pan
132th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Sun 25 Jun 02:32post reply

quote:

My predictions ar in bold.

France will be a tough opponent to beat, despite thier age, but I think Spain is now superior to them.

In an hour and a half my country will be playing against Mexico. If we dont win, Im out of here, getting drunk, and crying all day like a baby.
If we win, we are playing against Germany (!) next friday....speechless....

VManOfMana
652th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(5):Re(10):Re(10):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Sun 25 Jun 07:19post reply

Mexico played well and fought to the end. I feel happy despite the loss.

Jabel D. Morales - VMan of Mana.
http://vman.animecafe.net/

"Tameraeba makeyo!"

ONSLAUGHT
3595th Post

"Yeah!" , posted Sun 25 Jun 08:41post reply

I'm glad Mexico lost already, bunch of overhyped losers...

shin ramberk
275th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(6):Re(10):Re(10):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Sun 25 Jun 10:45post reply

I agree. It seemed to me like the better team won but Mexico put up a good fight. They're offense didn't seem to be as strong, but they didn't get slaughtered like I was worried would happen.

quote:

http://ramberk.blogspot.com

Hagen de Merak
910th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(7):Re(10):Re(10):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Sun 25 Jun 13:26post reply

quote:
I agree. It seemed to me like the better team won but Mexico put up a good fight. They're offense didn't seem to be as strong, but they didn't get slaughtered like I was worried would happen.

nah they would never get slaughtered. They played pretty evenly. It's a shame they scored on their own goal -_-. In the end a wonder goal won it. But thats how it goes. Now as long as Brazil doesnt win this, its getting annoying.

Krzyzewski Man
1164th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(8):Re(10):Re(10):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Tue 27 Jun 04:44post reply

Coming out of the closet hibernation to say that I'd probably like soccer football better if (A)the U.S. didn't suck at it and (B)there wasn't the whole thing where each team dives 20 times a match. I mean, yes, magic spray, ha ha, what a gas, but I'd rather just see some hockey-esque brawls. There's too much of the touchy-feely homoeroticism and not enough vicious bloody homoeroticism. It was much better than I expected, though.

If life gives you AIDS make lemon-AIDS!
-Sarah Silverman

Time Mage
2426th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):Re(10):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Tue 27 Jun 05:29post reply

quote:
Coming out of the closet hibernation to say that I'd probably like soccer football better if (A)the U.S. didn't suck at it and (B)there wasn't the whole thing where each team dives 20 times a match. I mean, yes, magic spray, ha ha, what a gas, but I'd rather just see some hockey-esque brawls. There's too much of the touchy-feely homoeroticism and not enough vicious bloody homoeroticism. It was much better than I expected, though.

Yeah, well, I don't like the divings either, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying football.

Anyway, today Italy won by an unfair penalty in the last minute. Soooooo typical from Italy.

~~~Knowledge is power~~~

Time Mage
2429th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Wed 28 Jun 06:14post reply

quote:

My predictions are in bold.

Ack, typical from Spain. I guessed all right except the one that really interested me. France played better, anyway.

~~~Knowledge is power~~~

Digitalboy
339th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Wed 28 Jun 23:42post reply

Can somebody please take out Italy? I really don't like those guys.

quote:
Anyway, today Italy won by an unfair penalty in the last minute. Soooooo typical from Italy.

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Maese Spt
265th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):The World Cup Thre" , posted Fri 30 Jun 03:48post reply

quote:
Can somebody please take out Italy? I really don't like those guys.

Don't worry, Germany will do it. Sadly, on the final, not earlier.

Oooh hoo, and Spain. Transcending History and the world, a tale of overhype and fail, eternally retold. Every year's story.

Well, not really, since this time they managed to surprise me once again and completely failed against that bunch of frenchard old geezers. I kinda expected they somehow would make their way to the 1/4finals and there fall heroically versus Brazil, but... Indeed, the "reds" never cease to amaze me. Lucky me who never give a damn for them.

Anyway, I'm happy for Zidane, he's a nice guy and he deserved it.

Oh, and I have really mixed feelings for the Germany vs. Argentina clash. I love them both! It will be the final of my heart! Please don't hurt each other, sweeties...

マツケン サンバ!!!!

Time Mage
2430th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):The World Cup Thre" , posted Fri 30 Jun 16:49post reply

quote:
Oh, and I have really mixed feelings for the Germany vs. Argentina clash. I love them both! It will be the final of my heart! Please don't hurt each other, sweeties...

I'm with Argentina on that one. Somehow, I don't like hosts winning the tournaments, so the sooner they are eliminated, the better. Plus, Argentina plays great.

~~~Knowledge is power~~~

whitesword
1595th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):The World Cup Thre" , posted Fri 30 Jun 19:12post reply

quote:

I'm with Argentina on that one. Somehow, I don't like hosts winning the tournaments, so the sooner they are eliminated, the better. Plus, Argentina plays great.

Germany is OBVIOUSLY going to win the match.

You've just been overwhelmed by the HARROWING, SHAMEFUL, and some might say DISGRACEFUL defeat your PATHETIC Spain has suffered at the hands of a bunch of no good EXPIRED French GEEZERS! GASP!

Thusly you have collapsed into a PITIFUL state of DEMENTIA which has caused you to develop INCOHERENT DELUSIONS that Argentina has a chance against Germany. ZOMG!

YOU POOR POOR SICK BASTARD! I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU! I HOPE YOU RECOVER AND FIND YOUR WAY BACK INTO NORMAL SOCIETY.

And for the record, if somehow, by some fluke of quantum physics, the match ends with Argentina having scored more goals than Germany (yes, I know, an unrealistic scenario, but still..) then it would have only happened because of those lowdown, dirty, no good...GREMILNS! DAMN THEM!

I hope that clears everything up. Thank you and have a good day.

Taa kun
512th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):The World Cup Thread!" , posted Fri 30 Jun 20:54post reply

My predictions (!!!)

After an awesome match, and a breathtaking PK finish, France wins 13-12 (2-2 then 3-3 after extra time)

Meanwhile, England beats Portugal 1-0 in something that would make the Portugal Holland match look like a carebear hug...

And for the semi-finals England wins 1-0 with a PK for an immaginary foul not even inside the penalty area, while France is doomed when the refree refuses a legitimate goal then a penalty on a blatant foul which causes an heavy wound on Zidane...

Thats some stupid ranting...
More seriously, let France loose with the honors against Brazil.

Time Mage
2431th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):The World Cup Thre" , posted Sat 1 Jul 02:59post reply

quote:
Whitesword stupidities.

Yeah, whatever. While I'm a football fan, I try to not behave like a typical brainless hooligan. I mean, like you.

BTW, great match the Germany-Argentina. Close and interesting.

~~~Knowledge is power~~~

Maese Spt
271th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(6):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):The World Cup Thre" , posted Sat 1 Jul 04:30:post reply

█████▓░  ██▓░████▓████████▓░
 ██▓░   ██▓░██▓██▓░       ██▓░ 
██▓░     ██▓███▓░        ██▓░  
██▓░     ██▓██▓░        ██▓░   
██▓░     ██▓██▓░       ██▓░    
 ██▓░   ██▓░██▓░      ██▓░     
   █████▓░  ██▓░     ████████▓░

Man, Argentina got pwned...

At least, the derby of my heart has been finally resolved... now I can put aside all restraints and root for Germany with all my might. Of course, I want Brazil on the final, to take revenge from 2002.

マツケン サンバ!!!!

[this message was edited by Maese Spt on Sat 1 Jul 04:31]

Just a Person
778th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(7):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):The World Cup Thre" , posted Sun 2 Jul 09:08post reply

quote:
   █████▓░  ██▓░████▓████████▓░
 ██▓░   ██▓░██▓██▓░       ██▓░ 
██▓░     ██▓███▓░        ██▓░  
██▓░     ██▓██▓░        ██▓░   
██▓░     ██▓██▓░       ██▓░    
 ██▓░   ██▓░██▓░      ██▓░     
   █████▓░  ██▓░     ████████▓░

At least, the derby of my heart has been finally resolved... now I can put aside all restraints and root for Germany with all my might. Of course, I want Brazil on the final, to take revenge from 2002.

Unfortunately, that's not gonna happen.
As a Brazilian it's sad to say this, but Brazil played really bad during the match against France. I don't know if France deserved to win, but Brazil deserved to lose...
Well, I hope at least Portugal has better chances in the Cup.

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

KTallguy
859th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):The World Cup Thre" , posted Sun 2 Jul 09:49post reply

Wow, that France Brazil match was great stuff. I mean brilliant soccer. Brazil got close but screwed up their few chances at goal.

I was just pissed, I was watching it in Circuit City with like 10 other people and at the 88 minute mark the floor manager changes the channel. WTF !!! Don't you wanna keep people IN the store ?? I put down what I was planning on buying and walked the hell out of there. Never going back.

Proud Supporter of Next Generation GAMEPLAY
"手前は役不足なんだよ!"

Tai-Pan
136th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):The World Cup Thre" , posted Sun 2 Jul 10:57post reply

quote:

I dont think so, did you watch the match?
Argentina really had the ball, Germany missed so many passes, they were scared and commited many mistakes. Also, the referee made sooo many mistakes, for both teams.
In soccer penalties are like a lottery anyway.

Im surprised that Brazil is out, and for some reason Im happy France is doing well. I prefeer the French team over the Germans, cause as someone said, I dont like the local team to win their own cup.

Time Mage
2436th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):The World Cup Thre" , posted Sun 2 Jul 18:13post reply

Zidane played great against Brazil, it looks like he revived or something. Maybe what revived him was that goal against Spain, haha. Anyway, Brazil was playing not pretty but effectively until now. But France played them well, as they did with Spain. I don't know if I have to consider them favourites, but they need some respect.

~~~Knowledge is power~~~

Professor
2364th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(9):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):The World Cup Thre" , posted Mon 3 Jul 21:33post reply

In a slightly related matter to the World Cup, Japan's Hidetoshi Nakata announced his retirement through his official site and it's totally gone down with excess visitors.

Maese Spt
271th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):The World Cup Thr" , posted Tue 4 Jul 03:13post reply

quote:
In a slightly related matter to the World Cup, Japan's Hidetoshi Nakata announced his retirement

Woah! I didn't see that coming... But Nakata-kun is not that old, is he? Along with Nakamura, he's the only one really decent football player in Japan, it's a pity he's retiring. Well, maybe he's only acting emo and would eventually make a comeback like Zidane did. But don't take me wrong, I'm not heretic enough to compare Zidane and Nakata...

Back to the World Cup, I hope Germany will beat the crap out of those filthy cheatalians. And I'm with Portugal on the other semifinal, wich probably means they're gonna be badly defeated by Les Bleus.

P.S.
The one who pwned Argentina was Cambiasso :P

マツケン サンバ!!!!

Shooo-rook
216th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(9):Re(10):Re(10):Re(10):The World Cup Thre" , posted Wed 5 Jul 02:59post reply

quote:
Wow, that France Brazil match was great stuff. I mean brilliant soccer. Brazil got close but screwed up their few chances at goal.

I was just pissed, I was watching it in Circuit City with like 10 other people and at the 88 minute mark the floor manager changes the channel. WTF !!! Don't you wanna keep people IN the store ?? I put down what I was planning on buying and walked the hell out of there. Never going back.

HAHAHAAH what a fucking idiot...

when those 3 minutes passed the two people that were next to me were gloomy... Miami was depressed that day (most especially in brandsmart too (so many bargains, so many chongas)

whitesword
1597th Post

"THE WORLD CUP IS STUPID" , posted Wed 5 Jul 06:30post reply

BLAAAAARG

Time Mage
2437th Post

"The World Cup is great." , posted Wed 5 Jul 06:42post reply

Wow. Just wow.

Germany 0 Italy 2. Really intense match, with countless opportunities for both teams, and exciting to the very end. Despite having to go to the extra time with 0-0, the game was offensive and really good. And, in the 118th minute, Italy finaly scores the 0-1. After that, with the Germans all out looking for a miraculous draw, Italy scored the 0-2 in a counterattack.

Best game in the WC, by far. Both teams deserved to win, really, but Italy made an amazing extra time, and they got the reward. BTW, Italy played totally different from their usual style, attacking a lot, and even attacking more when the match was ending.

I'm glad I'm not German nor Italian, because I would have suffered several heart attacks watching this.

~~~Knowledge is power~~~

Maese Spt
274th Post

Copper Customer

"Italy goes offensive and the Apocalypse nears" , posted Thu 6 Jul 03:26post reply

No... this can not be... First it was Greece winning the Eurocup, and now a team with both Gatusso and Camoranesi has made its way to the World Cup final... An utter disgrace, I say. The seal has broken, and the Apocalypse is coming near...

Buuuuut I must admit Italy played way better than Germany, much to my amazement. Now, in order to complete the blasphemy, I expect Italy to win the Cup. Soccer is dying, I can feel it...

マツケン サンバ!!!!

Time Mage
2438th Post

"Re(1):Italy goes offensive and the Apocalypse" , posted Thu 6 Jul 03:39post reply

quote:
and now a team with both Gatusso and Camoranesi has made its way to the World Cup final...

Hey! Gatusso and Camoranesi are both excellent players! The fact that they excell at defending doesn't make them worse. I mean, Camoranesi was performing some sort of "what a central defense has to do and when" course during the match, anyone that wants to be a good central should just replay the mtch and watch him play. And Gatusso was, as always, everywhere. I love those players that doesn't play the ball too good, doesn't shoot or dribble well, either, but manage to run all over the field during 120 minutes, recovering a lot of balls, interrupting the opponent offensive and just being an incredible annoyance to the rival. Gatusso, Makelele, Redondo, Albelda... Threy play ugly, but they are really effective in most teams.

Yeah, Zidane (aka Zinedios Zidane) is the nearest thing to a deity in football, but those players aren't exactly bad.

~~~Knowledge is power~~~

Digitalboy
342th Post

Bronze Customer

"LATE POST" , posted Sat 8 Jul 04:17post reply

Maese Spt your predictions were incorrect! Can somebody please stop the Italian team?

I don't know how to live

kofoguz
435th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):LATE POST" , posted Sat 8 Jul 18:08post reply

Go France! (For the Sake of Zidane)

Maese Spt
276th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):LATE POST" , posted Sun 9 Jul 05:02post reply

quote:
Maese Spt your predictions were incorrect!

Argh, sure they were! Man, I must be the world's worst divinator... Now I'm gonna have a looong talk with the guy who sold me that cheap cristalball. And it won't be a pleasant talk, mind you.

Oh, and Time Mage: you sure have a weird taste when it comes to soccer players! OK, you can keep Gatusso, Makelele & Co. all for you; I'd rather root for Ronaldinho, Messi, Shevchenko and such, lol.

マツケン サンバ!!!!

Time Mage
2439th Post

"Re(2):LATE POST" , posted Sun 9 Jul 07:21post reply

quote:
Oh, and Time Mage: you sure have a weird taste when it comes to soccer players! OK, you can keep Gatusso, Makelele & Co. all for you; I'd rather root for Ronaldinho, Messi, Shevchenko and such, lol.

Eh, I just recognise a good player when I see him. Their job isn't beautiful, but is as necessary as the strikers one. And of course I love watching Ronaldinho, "Zinedios" Zidane, and all of the creative players (who doesn't?), but a good defender that's always where he has to be is interesting to watch, too.

BTW, Germany ended third after beating Portugal 3-1.

Now I'm rooting for Italy in the final. Partially becuse France beat Spain, but also because if I have to go for a defensive team (both are), I'll go with the original. That, and Italy has shown that if they want, they can transform into a really offensive team, and this France can't.

~~~Knowledge is power~~~

whitesword
1599th Post

"lolz" , posted Mon 10 Jul 05:46post reply

Good job Zidane!

Gojira
2013th Post

"Re(1):lolz" , posted Mon 10 Jul 05:50post reply

I LOLd

Abster
274th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):lolz" , posted Mon 10 Jul 06:05post reply

That was in overtime of his very last game where he had a chance to bring France the World Cup, and this is how he gets sent into retirement.

Absolutely halarious.

BTW, Italy won it in the penalty kick shootout, 5-4

For those who want blood in SS Tenka use this template.

Time Mage
2440th Post

"Re(3):lolz" , posted Mon 10 Jul 07:38post reply

Sadly, I wasn't surprised by that behavior. Zidane has done similar things in the past. I clearly recall his red card against Saudi Arabia in 98 and two more with Real Madrid, one against the Juventus in a Champions League match, and in a La Liga match, too. It looks like sometimes, specially if he's tired and/or he isn't doing a good match, something in his head turns off and he does some stupid thing, like stepping onto another player in front of the referee, or performing a criminal tackle, or... Well, headbutting the opponent.

Anyway, it's a pity he has to end his career like that, he has been one of the best players in football history, and he was performing quite well in this match (specially in the first half).

~~~Knowledge is power~~~

KTallguy
860th Post

"Re(4):lolz" , posted Mon 10 Jul 07:53post reply

Yea, sad to see such a great player go out like that =(

In his memory...

"手前は役不足なんだよ!"

Shooo-rook
217th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(5):lolz" , posted Mon 10 Jul 08:18post reply

quote:

In his memory...

SO why did Zidane headbutt the guy? The volume was too low, and i missed the moments preceding the headbutt so please can someone recap

Digitalboy
343th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(6):lolz" , posted Mon 10 Jul 09:09post reply

Italy won...the team I wanted to be eliminated from the beginning. Good for them. At least, Zidane headbutted that guy which made up for France's loss in my opinion.

I don't know how to live

KTallguy
861th Post

"Re(6):lolz" , posted Mon 10 Jul 09:57post reply

quote:

SO why did Zidane headbutt the guy? The volume was too low, and i missed the moments preceding the headbutt so please can someone recap

It looked like they were exchanging words throughout the match. I don't really know but ... they were definitely talking about something. Then Zidane looked like he was running off, and then just turned around and BAM.

Crazy.

"手前は役不足なんだよ!"

Evenor
442th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):lolz" , posted Mon 10 Jul 11:50post reply

quote:

A few seconds before the E.honda inicident, the italian player was holding onto Zidane by the shirt while exhanging words.

Then happend.

シュガーフォークフル

Taa kun
513th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Headbutt" , posted Mon 10 Jul 16:39post reply

In France we had "Zidane il a marqué !" (Zidane scored), now we have "Zidane il a craqué !" (Zidane snapped)...

What I can't understand is not the foul, but the way he did it.
Since it was his last match, why didn't he completely smite Materazzi? Not some half witted headbutt but a big wounding strike ?
His carreer was exceptionnal, if he was going to be expelled, he should have done it in an exceptionnal manner !

Italia won Italia like : no panache, but a victory is a victory. Good for them, they need it with what is happening in the calcio...

Time Mage
2441th Post

"Re(1):Headbutt" , posted Mon 10 Jul 18:32post reply

World Cup summons Linesman!

Linesman uses Foresight

Zidane has been identified!

Zidane uses headbutt

Critical Hit!

Materazzi flinched!

Alright linesman, that's enough, return!

GO REFEREE!

Referee uses Red Card!

Critical Hit! It's Super Effective

Zidane fainted.

Zidane has been taken out of the game.

Italy Wins!

~~~Knowledge is power~~~

Stifu
328th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):lolz" , posted Tue 11 Jul 04:26:post reply

quote:
Absolutely halarious.

I love retards who can't spell "hilarious". <3

quote:

... Especially when they can't count either.

quote:
Since it was his last match, why didn't he completely smite Materazzi? Not some half witted headbutt but a big wounding strike ?
His carreer was exceptionnal, if he was going to be expelled, he should have done it in an exceptionnal manner !

He would have probably not been golden ball then...

[this message was edited by Stifu on Tue 11 Jul 04:51]

Tai-Pan
137th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):lolz" , posted Tue 11 Jul 04:59post reply

quote:
Absolutely halarious.
I love retards who can't spell "hilarious". <3

... Especially when they can't count either.

Incredible...Well..everything is over..sigh

VManOfMana
653th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(6):lolz" , posted Tue 11 Jul 10:43post reply

quote:

In his memory...

Another angle on what happened before the headbutt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxfVYbM6IxU&search=zidane%20italy

Wikipedia has some words on what Mazeratti supposedly told Zidane. Pretty strong racial words.

Jabel D. Morales - VMan of Mana.
http://vman.animecafe.net/

"Tameraeba makeyo!"

exodus
3448th Post

"Re(7):lolz" , posted Tue 11 Jul 15:36post reply

here and here

Taa kun
514th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):lolz" , posted Tue 11 Jul 15:42post reply

quote:

He already had it before the match.
And do you really think it matters ?

Sensenic
1523th Post

"Re(8):lolz" , posted Tue 11 Jul 18:34post reply

quote:
here and here

oh, you took the best ones...
Here, a few more:

- Counter!

- Ziziziizizi Ziizizi! Hanage Shinken Ougi!

- He actually saved Materazzi!

- Clong!

- World Kup Kombat

- Teleport!

- Great shot, kid. That was one in a million.

Time for some long due Samus Aran love...

"It's you know like when you die and you can't quite believe it"
An undead friend.

Maese Spt
281th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(4):lolz" , posted Wed 12 Jul 04:37post reply

quote:
Sadly, I wasn't surprised by that behavior. Zidane has done similar things in the past. I clearly recall his red card against Saudi Arabia in 98 and two more with Real Madrid, one against the Juventus in a Champions League match, and in a La Liga match, too. It looks like sometimes, specially if he's tired and/or he isn't doing a good match, something in his head turns off and he does some stupid thing, like stepping onto another player in front of the referee, or performing a criminal tackle, or... Well, headbutting the opponent.

This man speaks the truth.

Italy's victory and Zizou's martial arts demonstration only confirm my theory: the little beauty remaining in soccer has finally died on this World Cup. Now I only expect Zidane will enter the K-1 circuit to develop his mighty potential to the fullest.

マツケン サンバ!!!!

NARUTO
3458th Post

"Re(5):lolz" , posted Wed 12 Jul 19:58post reply

For those who were curious, it seems that some specialist have"translated" Materazzi & Zidane "fight.

Materazzi did hold Zidane on, then Zidane did says Release me, if you want my shirt so much I'll give it to you, at the end of the match" it was of course sarcastic...

Then Materazzi did says

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
" we all know that you're the son of a Terrorist Bitch..."

End of Spoiler

Some other expert did says that it's not Zidane mother bu sister who was insulted...

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Time Mage
2442th Post

"Re(6):lolz" , posted Wed 12 Jul 21:26post reply

quote:
For those who were curious, it seems that some specialist have"translated" Materazzi & Zidane "fight.

Materazzi did hold Zidane on, then Zidane did says Release me, if you want my shirt so much I'll give it to you, at the end of the match" it was of course sarcastic...

Then Materazzi did says

Some other expert did says that it's not Zidane mother bu sister who was insulted...

Whatever Materazzi said doesn't justify at all Zidane's reaction. Responding to words (even to big insults like what Materazzi supossedly said) with violence isn't justifiable.

A genious player, indeed, but too temperamental.

~~~Knowledge is power~~~