Original message (4670 Views )

Iggy
7736th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Random news diet edition" , posted Wed 7 Jun 02:30:post reply

Acquire makes a thief game in Edo

Wiimote : old vs new.

Metal Saga Hagane no kisetsu official site.

Virtua Fighter 5 PS3 : (right click and save)
Movie 1
Movie 2
Movie 3
Movie 4
Movie 5
Movie 6
Movie 7

Dragon Quest Monster DS. In 3D, looks like DQ8, seem to have a connection with the Wii.

Gyakuten Saiban 4 logo

Backward compatibility : The PS3 won't make the same mistake as the 360
Also, Siren 3 on PS3.
After the catastrophy that was Siren 2, I'll wait and see...

[this message was edited by Iggy on Wed 7 Jun 05:00]

Replies:

Evenor
426th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Random news diet edition" , posted Wed 7 Jun 03:01post reply

Thanks for the VF5 movies!

シュガーフォークフル

GekigangerV
1234th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Random news diet edition" , posted Wed 7 Jun 05:28post reply

quote:
Thanks for the VF5 movies!

Damn VF5. If there ever was a game that would make me pay $600 for a system it is that.

Time Mage
2406th Post

"Re(1):Random news diet edition" , posted Wed 7 Jun 06:05post reply

The VF5 movies are great, indeed. Have you realized how good does the city background look? It's amazing.

~~~Knowledge is power~~~

Sensenic
1514th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Random news diet edition" , posted Wed 7 Jun 06:14post reply

quote:

Hm? Would you mind ellaborating that one a little bit?

Time for some long due Samus Aran love...

"It's you know like when you die and you can't quite believe it"
An undead friend.

exodus
3400th Post

"Re(2):Random news diet edition" , posted Wed 7 Jun 08:46post reply

quote:
Hm? Would you mind ellaborating that one a little bit?

if only he had the time...if only...
but he had to break my little heart in pieces instead!

Spoon
1323th Post

"Re(3):Random news diet edition" , posted Wed 7 Jun 11:27post reply

I'm kinda concerned about how the game just doesn't look like it plays any different from VF4.

Come on, this is the next gen!
Where's the stripping?!

Iggy
7736th Post

"Re(3):Random news diet edition" , posted Wed 7 Jun 18:31post reply

quote:
if only he had the time...if only...
but he had to break my little heart in pieces instead!

Wait ! I have to write the article on Unlimited Saga first !

Pollyanna
1822th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(4):Random news diet edition" , posted Wed 7 Jun 19:00post reply

quote:
I'm kinda concerned about how the game just doesn't look like it plays any different from VF4.

Well, it's a tad different, but I was thinking the same thing more or less. This has been my concern since the game was announced. It's not that I mind similar sequels in fighting games (if it isn't broke, don't fix it), but I'm still disappointed, because each VF game is dramatically different than the previous one.

So, I was excited, thinking "how can they possibly beat VF4!? It can't be better, only different!" I guess Sega doesn't feel like they CAN beat VF4, so they break their trend of big changes in sequels.

Buuut...the upside is that we're guaranteed a good game.

CHAZumaru
400th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Random news diet edition" , posted Wed 7 Jun 21:00post reply

quote:

Also, Siren 3 on PS3.

Did you get to check the recent Toyama documentary I mentioned to you? You can see him doing research work for Siren 3 in it.

NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 Z80 AND SH-2 HEART ON FIRE !!

Iggy
7739th Post

"Re(1):Random news diet edition" , posted Wed 7 Jun 21:01:post reply

Interesting bits of an interview of Iwata.

"You can't stop the decline of the videogame market by simply making the hard evolve".
"There are very few people in the world who only think about games and game machines. Most of the people don't think about games that much."
"Nintendô is not creating a next-gen machine, and is neither participating to the war of the next-gen machines".
"The change in paradigm has already happened in the portable console market".
"It may be weird for the boss of a game company to say that, but we want to create a machine that's thin, that's small, and that isn't bothersome. Most of the people, especially women that stay at home, consider game machines as annoying devices. Only people working in the industry could say "What do you mean, annoying ?" "
"You're not obliged to only progress toward even more realism. You can also work on the quality of the games.
"The concept "it is normal for a maker to loose money on a game console when you begin to sell it" is just abnormal. Some people may think like that, but us at Nintendô think just the opposite."

Chaos wars will have cameo characters from other companies : Atlus, Red, If and Aruse. Shadow hearts, Growlancer, Gungrave, and others I don't know.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Wed 7 Jun 23:16]

Freeter
4338th Post

"Re(1):Random news diet edition" , posted Thu 8 Jun 00:58post reply

quote:

Gyakuten Saiban 4 logo

Is it just that banner?

Spoon
1324th Post

"Re(5):Random news diet edition" , posted Thu 8 Jun 02:26post reply

quote:
but I'm still disappointed, because each VF game is dramatically different than the previous one.

Exactly; they managed this with all the previous VF games. That they haven't done that with the latest what with all the shiny new technology is disappointing.

exodus
3401th Post

"Re(4):Random news diet edition" , posted Thu 8 Jun 03:40post reply

quote:

Wait ! I have to write the article on Unlimited Saga first !

this sounds like heart-glue to me! but will it hold!?

Iggy
7739th Post

"Re(5):Random news diet edition" , posted Thu 8 Jun 03:44post reply

quote:
this sounds like heart-glue to me! but will it hold!?

There's a rumor on Namae no nai heya that says that if you come in France, you'll return home with the article of your choice.

Gojira
2003th Post

"Re(6):Random news diet edition" , posted Thu 8 Jun 04:26post reply

quote:
but I'm still disappointed, because each VF game is dramatically different than the previous one.

Exactly; they managed this with all the previous VF games. That they haven't done that with the latest what with all the shiny new technology is disappointing.

Probably because this shiny new technology doesn't represent a very significant jump in itself. I do think it looks much better, the skin is actually skin instead of some weird shiny surface, clothing doesn't seem fly in random directions or clip much any more, and characters actually touch the ground when they're lying down. These things are also probably more noticable when you're not looking at them in a low-resolution movie.

Nice to hear that the voices have actually gotten worse. I was afraid that Sarah was actually starting to get some kind of personality in VF4, but VF5 has definitely fixed that. Actually Brad's voice improved, but his new intro line is just so hilariously bad it's hard to notice.

exodus
3403th Post

"Rule of hotpants" , posted Thu 8 Jun 04:34:post reply

quote:
There's a rumor on Namae no nai heya that says that if you come in France, you'll return home with the article of your choice.

hmm, unconfirmed sources! yeah, I'm trying...I have the time, but the prices are blinding! More than twice what I paid last time. I don't care about stupid soccer! booooooo

[edit]
P.S. for those interested I did an interview with the rule of rose guys recently.

[this message was edited by exodus on Thu 8 Jun 04:36]

Ishmael
2510th Post

"Re(2):Random news diet edition" , posted Thu 8 Jun 04:45post reply

quote:
Interesting bits of an interview of Iwata.

Nintendo is making some interesting, aggressive comments when it comes to the Wii's place in the marketplace. One of the things that helped Sony with the PSX was that not only was it a new system but it was presented as being a new style of games. By declaring that the game culture that has sprung up since the days of the SNES is broken and outdated, Nintendo seems to be using the same strategy that originally pushed it out of it's top spot among consoles. It will be interesting to see if Nintendo can successfully deliver yet a new understanding of games like they are promising. In other words, they can talk the talk but can they walk the walk?

quote:
Nice to hear that the voices have actually gotten worse. I was afraid that Sarah was actually starting to get some kind of personality in VF4, but VF5 has definitely fixed that. Actually Brad's voice improved, but his new intro line is just so hilariously bad it's hard to notice.

I keep hoping that at some point a VF game will have a feature that will allow you to set it so that the only thing that Jacky can say is "Yeaaaah!"

Still, it is a bit of a shame that Sega hasn't tried anything as drastic as the changes in VF3 lately. Come to think of it, what was the last 3D fighter that really tried to do something dramatically new?

Iggy
7740th Post

"Re(1):Rule of hotpants" , posted Thu 8 Jun 04:53post reply

quote:
[edit]
P.S. for those interested I did an interview with the rule of rose guys recently.

That's a really good interview.
I'm 90% satisfied with it ; I'm just disapointed you didn't ask why they put so much work in everything in that game except the "game" part.

Pollyanna
1823th Post

"Re(7):Random news diet edition" , posted Thu 8 Jun 05:31post reply

quote:

Probably because this shiny new technology doesn't represent a very significant jump in itself.

I don't think this is the issue, though. In theory you could practically make VF4 with VF1's technology...it just wouldn't look good.

I think they're using the technology very well, they're just lacking in the new ideas or rather "willingness to take a risk" area.

But to relate this to the rest of the thread, if you think "new technology isn't giving me new gameplay" then maybe the Wii is right for you. I'm beginning to think it's right for everyone.

exodus
3403th Post

"Re(2):Rule of hotpants" , posted Thu 8 Jun 05:39post reply

quote:
[edit]
That's a really good interview.
I'm 90% satisfied with it ; I'm just disapointed you didn't ask why they put so much work in everything in that game except the "game" part.

yes....well I hadn't actually even seen screens of the gameplay when I did that interview, so yeah. I did it based off the CG and the press release! Look how professional I am!

Iggy
7741th Post

"Re(3):Rule of hotpants" , posted Thu 8 Jun 05:57post reply

About VF5 : I'm largely unimpressed. Yes, the clothes are really nice, even with this low res movies, but the juggle of the bodies when hit, the weird move of the chinese guy's tail... that's definitely cheap.
If this game is only a graphical extension of VF4, then it delivers poorly. At least those two details should have been addressed long before the reflexion of the light on anyone's pants.

quote:
yes....well I hadn't actually even seen screens of the gameplay when I did that interview, so yeah. I did it based off the CG and the press release! Look how professional I am!

Real professionals talk best about things they don't know.
On a totally unrelated note, have I ever talked with anyone here of the Silent Hill series ?

Iggy
7742th Post

"Re(1):Random news diet edition" , posted Thu 8 Jun 06:06post reply

One of the creators of the first schmup is dead.

What ?
No, I never heard of those before either.
I didn't begin videogames with FF7, but you're always the rookie of somebody, I guess.

Pollyanna
1824th Post

"Re(3):Rule of hotpants" , posted Thu 8 Jun 06:23post reply

quote:
[edit]

Yeah, but you were really pressing, so it seemed like you were implying that the game sucked anyway. I almost felt sorry for the guys a few times, but it's not like you crossed any line.

I'm not trying to complain, though...that's a compliment. Maybe even the ideal for an interview.

exodus
3404th Post

"Re(4):Rule of hotpants" , posted Thu 8 Jun 06:30post reply

quote:
[edit]
Yeah, but you were really pressing

yeah...attempts at journalism, go! I got some interesting responses out of them that way...I was in a mood.

And iggy - I don't think we've talked about SH too much, no...?

CHAZumaru
401th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):Rule of hotpants" , posted Thu 8 Jun 16:05post reply

Smart questions. Smartass questions, too! I think the pressing was just right. I am surprised you did not press them about their affiliation to Lovedelic, though.

Why do you think they didn't like you at the end of the interview?

Iggy
7745th Post

"Re(6):Rule of hotpants" , posted Thu 8 Jun 16:49:post reply

Frankly, I don't mind your dark secrets of unprofessional non-playing and death threats as long as you get interviews as good as this one.

Other news : Kaitô Wario The Seven on DS.

First images of Pokemon Wii. Oh, and video.

Images of THE Chikyűbôeigun tactics

[this message was edited by Iggy on Thu 8 Jun 16:55]

Zepy
1253th Post

"Re(7):Rule of hotpants" , posted Thu 8 Jun 17:35post reply

The Wii is not a next-gen console

The most interesting part is where he says how developers can make a cheap low budget game and users can download it into their Wii for 500 yen or 1000 yen.

They're invading the doujin game market!

exodus
3407th Post

"Re(6):Rule of hotpants" , posted Fri 9 Jun 01:32post reply

quote:
I am surprised you did not press them about their affiliation to Lovedelic, though.

Why do you think they didn't like you at the end of the interview?

I am too stupid to know of Lovedelic! I guess they did lack of love, and somebody else is doing a lack of love-like game now...but it's not punchline I don't think!?

They wouldn't look me in the eye after, and they were pretty uncomfortable with some of the questions. And if they ever read this, well...they'll see I translated what they actually said, not what the translator gave me. teehee.

Maybe they did like me, who knows. But I have an image to maintain!

Ishmael
2511th Post

"Re(7):Rule of hotpants" , posted Fri 9 Jun 01:48post reply

After the grilling the RoR guys received from Brandon for doing nothing more than generously trying to bring sexually charged young girls into our lives I wonder if they are going to have strength left to attend the Sex in Video Games conference.

Spoon
1326th Post

"Re(8):Rule of hotpants" , posted Fri 9 Jun 02:00post reply

quote:
The Wii is not a next-gen console

The most interesting part is where he says how developers can make a cheap low budget game and users can download it into their Wii for 500 yen or 1000 yen.

They're invading the doujin game market!

Don't you mean the doujin game market is going to be invading them?

CHAZumaru
403th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):Rule of hotpants" , posted Fri 9 Jun 03:04post reply

quote:
I guess they did lack of love, and somebody else is doing a lack of love-like game now...but it's not punchline I don't think!?

LoveDeLic split into three different studios: Skip!, Punchline and VanPool. These studios are responsible for a shitload of quirky and underground fame games such as ColoBall 2002, ChibiRobo, Giftpia, Chuulip, Endonesia, Rule of Rose etc. All these studios currently have new games in development as well. The main guy behind ChibiRobo left Skip to create yet another studio, where he works on LOL -Laughing Out Loud- (for DS). Part of the guys who did Contact for Grass/MMV are also from LoveDeLic.

LoveDeLic is one of the most interesting dead studios to track down, since all their ex-staff is still pretty active and involved in so many weird games right now. Their origins are pretty cool too, and there are rumors that they are good friends with a bunch of other Square-related devs such as Brownie Brown.

By the way, check your malebox.

GekigangerV
1235th Post

"My name is GekiV and I'm addicted to games..." , posted Fri 9 Jun 08:06post reply

But thankfully there is help

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/06/08/D8I489R80.html

They put in a link between drugs and gaming as well. But I suppose that still isn't as bad as the Koreans who die after several days of playing with no sleep or meals.

Mosquiton
1710th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):Rule of hotpants" , posted Mon 12 Jun 09:53post reply

quote:
About VF5 : I'm largely unimpressed. Yes, the clothes are really nice, even with this low res movies, but the juggle of the bodies when hit, the weird move of the chinese guy's tail... that's definitely cheap.
If this game is only a graphical extension of VF4, then it delivers poorly. At least those two details should have been addressed long before the reflexion of the light on anyone's pants...

I really wish they'd kill unrealistic juggles altogether. Not only does it look bad, I'm getting sick of the mechanic period.

Maybe Light Weight (although I'm sure they don't exist as such anymore) will take another stab at Bushido Blade, the last time the genre did something new and interesting.

Sega just has to learn the hard way I guess. I'm just not buying this. Literally! (hah)!

/ / /

Iggy
7749th Post

"Re(1):Random news diet edition" , posted Mon 12 Jun 17:02post reply

Golden Axe

Right click-save the CM of Silmeria

kuran
14th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Random news diet edition" , posted Mon 12 Jun 17:38post reply

quote:
Also, Siren 3 on PS3.

Could you explain why you thought it was a catastrophy? I thought it received good impressions generally..

Iggy
7750th Post

"Re(2):Random news diet edition" , posted Mon 12 Jun 17:44post reply

quote:
Could you explain why you thought it was a catastrophy? I thought it received good impressions generally..

Just to keep it short, it was an OK game, but it took out everything that made the first great : the characters, the scenario, the direction and the ambience range from bleh to terrible.
I don't see the point to play a Siren game without all this, and I don't care if the gameplay elements have been improved if it's at this cost.

NARUTO
3437th Post

"Re(3):Random news diet edition" , posted Mon 12 Jun 17:56post reply

Thank iggy for the VP2 link.

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Iggy
7755th Post

"Re(1):Random news diet edition" , posted Wed 14 Jun 16:08:post reply

People at Arc System like the 360

FF3

Phantom Blood official site open.
It DOES remind Capcom's latest game.

There's only one game on PSP I want, but I want it badly

[this message was edited by Iggy on Wed 14 Jun 19:49]

Iggy
7756th Post

"Gyakuten Saiban 4 new character !" , posted Thu 15 Jun 01:09post reply

The hero, I guess ?

Arngrim
154th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Random news diet edition" , posted Thu 15 Jun 01:49post reply

quote:

FF3

Why do I find this much more interesting and appealing than the whole FF12 thing?

quote:

There's only one game on PSP I want, but I want it badly

Didn't knew about this!!!
DO WANT

I cannot quench your thirst
Because even if you yearn for the truth you refuse to believe in it.
But I still want to quench your thirst.
Because I am the one the that put you into the desert.

Ishmael
2520th Post

"Re(3):Random news diet edition" , posted Thu 15 Jun 03:00post reply

quote:
FF3

Why do I find this much more interesting and appealing than the whole FF12 thing?

There is something quite charming about the presentation of the game. Also, unlike FF12, it's coming out for a system I can afford so that adds to it's appeal as well.

To this day I'm still amazed that Ghosts 'n Goblins didn't kill off the franchise before it started but for those that like that sort of thing there's the sort of thing they will like.

In other news, the University of Illinois has a poorly worded survey for gay gamers.

Broussard: We won't rush Duke Nukem Forever Phew, that was close; for a second there I was worried the game was actually going to be released.

Iggy
7758th Post

"Re(4):Random news diet edition" , posted Thu 15 Jun 03:21post reply

quote:
In other news, the University of Illinois has a poorly worded survey for gay gamers.

GLBT studies and everything gender-studies related should be burned to the ground and the authors should be buried alive under a giant statue of Foucault.

HAYATO
622th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(4):Random news diet edition" , posted Thu 15 Jun 03:59post reply

quote:

Broussard: We won't rush Duke Nukem Forever

ROFL!!!!

JJWE
554th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Random news diet edition" , posted Thu 15 Jun 04:50post reply

quote:
Also, unlike FF12, it's coming out for a system I can afford so that adds to it's appeal as well.

Don't you mean FF13 in this case? Unless, you don't already have a PS2 and _still_ think it's too costly?

--- http://ngmc.retrogames.com

Ishmael
2521th Post

"Re(5):Random news diet edition" , posted Thu 15 Jun 09:02post reply

quote:
Don't you mean FF13 in this case? Unless, you don't already have a PS2 and _still_ think it's too costly?

You're right, I did mean FF13. Either that says something about how the design and general look of the FF games have started to blend together to such a degree that I'm having trouble telling them apart or, more likely, I'm getting old and already starting to feel the early effects of senility. If it is elderly dementia setting in it may not be the worst thing in the world since that means that every time I see recycled sprites or yet another re-release of old titles I'll believe they are brand new.

NARUTO
3443th Post

"Re(4):Random news diet edition" , posted Thu 15 Jun 15:21post reply

quote:
Broussard: We won't rush Duke Nukem Forever Phew, that was close; for a second there I was worried the game was actually going to be released.

Mwahahahahahaha.... for a moment I did tought that they would release it before Starcraft Ghost...I'm really curious to know why USA developers Can not make their job in time...

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Iggy
7760th Post

"Yet another Rockman series" , posted Thu 15 Jun 15:52:post reply

New Rockman is not a deserved come back to the roots of the series like Rockman Rockman should have been, it's the new project of the EXE team for DS.
Like, you know, "old" rockman was EXE. Platform? action? Irrelevant!
And let's not forget Rockman ZX.
I really, really used to love the Rockman name... This makes me sad.

To cheer up, new interesting pics of Silmeria.
Some flying get should appear shortly I think ?

[this message was edited by Iggy on Thu 15 Jun 16:09]

Ishmael
2522th Post

"Re(1):Not another Rockman series" , posted Thu 15 Jun 23:38post reply

Gamer vs Boomer: Round one... Fight! The link concerns how libraries can attract both an older generation of patrons as well as the ascending one. What I find interesting about the piece is that a huge group of people -pretty much anyone born from 1970 on- is being defined by their experiences they learned from playing video games. Most of the mind-set in the article seems to be coming from the book Got Game? by John C. Beck and Mitchell Wade. Glib over-generalizations about age groups are nothing new but this is the first time I've seen game playing held up as the defining, positive trait and something that could be used in a business setting.

Toxico
4231th Post

"Re(2):Not another Rockman series" , posted Thu 15 Jun 23:52post reply

quote:
... by John C. Beck and Mitchell Wade. Glib over-generalizations about age groups are nothing new but this is the first time I've seen game playing held up as the defining, positive trait and something that could be used in a business setting.

A LONG time ago I was drinking with a friend and strangely a priest approched us with a religious speach of how we should embrace religion; since I was very happy with the drinking I didn't acted like I used to and we tried to lure away the priest in good terms..... Even more strangely, the priest recognized us as me "the beat them up game ace" (I was) and my friend as "the shooting game ace" (he was); so it came to shocking terms how much people from different path of life start their ways dodging knifes in trojan XD

See??? He is a God...

Ishmael
2523th Post

"Re(3):Not another Rockman series" , posted Fri 16 Jun 00:08post reply

quote:
A LONG time ago I was drinking with a friend and strangely a priest approched us with a religious speach of how we should embrace religion; since I was very happy with the drinking I didn't acted like I used to and we tried to lure away the priest in good terms..... Even more strangely, the priest recognized us as me "the beat them up game ace" (I was) and my friend as "the shooting game ace" (he was); so it came to shocking terms how much people from different path of life start their ways dodging knifes in trojan XD

If you can beat Trojan everything else in life will seem easy by comparison.

Arngrim
156th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Yet another Rockman series" , posted Fri 16 Jun 01:22post reply

quote:
New Rockman is not a deserved come back to the roots of the series like Rockman Rockman should have been, it's the new project of the EXE team for DS.
Like, you know, "old" rockman was EXE. Platform? action? Irrelevant!
And let's not forget Rockman ZX.
I really, really used to love the Rockman name... This makes me sad.

To cheer up, new interesting pics of Silmeria.
Some flying get should appear shortly I think ?

MegaMari is the only time I've been excited about a MegaMan videogame lately (and it is really awesome, btw). This new saga announcement both scares me and saddens me.

Also... I'm already in love with Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria. (((((>´3`)>

OFFTOPIC WARNING THESE ARE OLD NEWS As much as I love the Touhou and the Megaman sagas, I happen to find MegaMari really good for its own reasons. Extensive coverage recommended for fans and curious.

I cannot quench your thirst
Because even if you yearn for the truth you refuse to believe in it.
But I still want to quench your thirst.
Because I am the one the that put you into the desert.

Iggy
7766th Post

"Re(1):Random news diet edition" , posted Fri 16 Jun 18:50post reply

Sengoku Basara 2 site renewal

More Makaimura

CHAZumaru
408th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4649):Random news diet edition" , posted Fri 16 Jun 20:24post reply

God Hand's official site opened:
http://www.cloverstudio.co.jp/godhand

I am weirdly more eager to play this than the final version of Ôkami.

Iggy
7769th Post

"Where is 2ch ?" , posted Mon 19 Jun 02:52post reply

I can't seem to accesss it...
And Namae no nai heya is back.

Coďncidence ? I think not.

Zepy
1255th Post

"Re(1):Where is 2ch ?" , posted Mon 19 Jun 02:56post reply

I noticed the boards going down one by one 40 mins ago, it's the first sign of the coming of the Vipper wave.

Iggy
7771th Post

"Re(2):Where is 2ch ?" , posted Mon 19 Jun 03:00:post reply

quote:
I noticed the boards going down one by one 40 mins ago, it's the first sign of the coming of the Vipper wave.

A new volume of Glass no kamen may be on its way ?

EDIT : Until it's back
It's really hard. I can finish the 2nd level with a bit of luck, but it quickly becomes impossible to me.
And if I'm not mistaken, there's some Kusare Gedô love here, so you know you're in good hands.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Mon 19 Jun 08:05]

Iggy
7773th Post

"A B C D Z" , posted Mon 19 Jun 19:29:post reply

It was a good idea to cry myself to sleep last night.

In other news : 23 games are CERO Z

I want Tekken 5 DR on a real console.

And this as well.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Mon 19 Jun 22:34]

kofoguz
401th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):A B C D Z" , posted Tue 20 Jun 02:06post reply

Interview with Falcoon
Translator doesnt works.
Also There is a weird siren sound before Leona vs Athena.

Ishmael
2526th Post

"Re(1):A B C D Z" , posted Tue 20 Jun 02:48post reply

quote:

Boy, it would be great to have a real home version of that game.

Speaking of Namco and it's wacky release patterns, has anyone heard anything recently about how the arcade version of SC3 is shaping up?

Spoon
1329th Post

"Re(2):A B C D Z" , posted Tue 20 Jun 03:58post reply

quote:

Speaking of Namco and it's wacky release patterns, has anyone heard anything recently about how the arcade version of SC3 is shaping up?

It's already out in some places around here, but I haven't had a chance to try it myself.

pointman_4000
56th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):A B C D Z" , posted Tue 20 Jun 13:59post reply

quote:

The Version B patch for SC3 is out and has apparently fixed up all the bugs. SC3 is not shit anymore, guys!

[-OO]----///////////////////

NARUTO
3448th Post

"Re(3):A B C D Z" , posted Tue 20 Jun 18:22post reply

quote:
The Version B patch for SC3 is out and has apparently fixed up all the bugs. SC3 is not shit anymore, guys!

Who care for a patch, SC 4 is just annouced....

Fortes fortuna juvat...

Pollyanna
1851th Post

"Re(4):A B C D Z" , posted Tue 20 Jun 18:42post reply

quote:

Yeah, but that's it. Announced. It could be 2 years.

Good on Namco for making an ugly game playable, though. Too bad we won't be seeing a "Soul Calibur 3:OK, For Real This Time" for PS2. I guess they have to "keep the arcade market alive" (which is probably why we haven't seen an online Tekken 5 yet).

Iggy
7773th Post

"Flying gets : VP2, KOF XI" , posted Tue 20 Jun 21:22post reply

So far, the appreciation of VP2 is overall positive.
Lezard is still a huge freak, so it's good.
People who didn't know the new materialize system are vastly disapointed, of course.

KOF XI seems good. The loadings are lightening-fast, and the arrange version vastly improves the balance.

kofoguz
402th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Flying gets : VP2, KOF XI" , posted Tue 20 Jun 21:39post reply

quote:
KOF XI seems good. The loadings are lightening-fast, and the arrange version vastly improves the balance.

I dont have high hopes but is there any language selection?

emeraldazn
360th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):Flying gets : VP2, KOF XI" , posted Wed 21 Jun 01:41post reply

quote:

lighting fast loading times FTW!!

Maese Spt
262th Post

Copper Customer

"Soul Calibur 4?" , posted Wed 21 Jun 02:11post reply

quote:

Whaaaat? Soul Calibur 4 on the works? Hey, please, someone give me some source! I need to know!

Anyway, I never understood why Namco bothers on an arcade version of SC3 a year after the PS2 release. Oh, and I do want a home version of Tekken Dark resurrection as well. Damn Namco...

MATSUKEN SAMBA!!!

Ishmael
2527th Post

"Re(1):Soul Calibur 4?" , posted Wed 21 Jun 03:49post reply

quote:

Whaaaat? Soul Calibur 4 on the works? Hey, please, someone give me some source! I need to know!

The most I can find is that it was mentioned as an aside in an article on Super DBZ at GameDaily. Unless there's something a bit more substantial out there I wouldn't run out to your local game store and reserve SC4 quite yet.

Iggy
7774th Post

"Re(3):Flying gets : VP2, KOF XI" , posted Wed 21 Jun 16:45post reply

quote:
lighting fast loading times FTW!!

That's what you get when you translate 2ch posts and you're tired after a whole day of not having sex.
Don't blame me ! Blame society !

Ishmael : that's right, nothing more. It could be years ahead.

kofoguz
403th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Random news diet edition" , posted Fri 23 Jun 05:42post reply

What does it mean?
Someone from n-g.com sid this is 'bout snk gave up Atomiswave. Is that true?
Hopefully...

Toxico
4234th Post

"Re(2):Random news diet edition" , posted Fri 23 Jun 08:56post reply

quote:
Hopefully...

I don't know the reason, but long ago they said that Atomiswave is going under and no company will support it anymore; It was said that Metal Slug 6 will be SNK last game on atomiswave and perhaps the last atomiswave game, I don't know if this is THE last that they said, but they said it netherless.

.... Don't worry, your concern is only something like 4 months late, my money is in them moving to sega hardware.

See??? He is a God...

Abster
272th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):Random news diet edition" , posted Fri 23 Jun 10:18post reply

quote:
Hopefully...

I don't know the reason, but long ago they said that Atomiswave is going under and no company will support it anymore; It was said that Metal Slug 6 will be SNK last game on atomiswave and perhaps the last atomiswave game, I don't know if this is THE last that they said, but they said it netherless.

.... Don't worry, your concern is only something like 4 months late, my money is in them moving to sega hardware.

Damn, I was beaten to it!

Aw well, someone care to translate this interview?

For those who want blood in SS Tenka use this template.

Iggy
7777th Post

"Re(3):Random news diet edition" , posted Fri 23 Jun 16:23post reply

quote:
It was said that Metal Slug 6 will be SNK last game on atomiswave and perhaps the last atomiswave game

To be completely accurate, the official word was that MS6 would be the last game of the series to appear on AW.

No, not a big difference but still.