MK Armageddon - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2596 Views )

talbaineric
6247th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"MK Armageddon" , posted Fri 2 Jun 04:45post reply

Anyone excited or gonna get this game?

I've been tuned off from the MK series for years now, pretty much since MK4, but this new (and possibly last) version looks awesome with all the classic characters.

Hopefully it lives up graphically with all of this stuff going on. That's my big concern.

My Myspace

Replies:

Iggy
7728th Post

"Re(1):MK Armageddon" , posted Fri 2 Jun 04:54post reply

I thought "all the classic characters" had been brought back in the last version or the one before ?

Just a Person
767th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):MK Armageddon" , posted Fri 2 Jun 09:13post reply

quote:
I've been tuned off from the MK series for years now, pretty much since MK4, but this new (and possibly last) version looks awesome with all the classic characters.

Itīs not gonna be the last version of MK, although it will be the last MK game ON THE CURRENT CONSOLES (PS2, Xbox, and maybe GameCube, but I donīt think so). Boon said that the big majority of the characters will make their last appearances in Armageddon (and a big number of characters will die for good in it, says Boon), while MK8 will bring a new generation of fighters, but with some classic ones (Scorpion and Raiden, I guess).

quote:
I thought "all the classic characters" had been brought back in the last version or the one before ?

Nope. The last time Midway did this was in MK Trilogy (which had every character from MK 1 to Ultimate MK3). Since MK4, every game had its own line of characters, adding some and taking others off the roster.

And yeah, Iīm also expecting this game to come! It seems that graphically it wonīt be very different from MK:Deception, but the gameplay will be much better (I hope so!), and every character... man, even the huge guys like Moloch, Motaro and the Dragon King will be selectable!
The best part is that Sonya is in it, so that she can kick everybodyīs asses... and rip Kanoīs head off...

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

Dr Baghead
3588th Post

"Re(3):MK Armageddon" , posted Fri 2 Jun 09:52:post reply

quote:
Boon said that the big majority of the characters will make their last appearances in Armageddon (and a big number of characters will die for good in it, says Boon), while MK8 will bring a new generation of fighters, but with some classic ones (Scorpion and Raiden, I guess).

And I'm still calling Bullshit on that. I bet MK9's just like Tekken 4.

MK8 will see like 'Oh look it's Sonya and Johnny Cage's kid! but oh no! here's Kano's offspring to fight with them!!' and 'Scoprion and Raiden are immortal right? so look they're back!' and 'hey a mysterious NEW sub-zero!' and 'look some new people no ones gonna really like all that much' and 'Well Mileena is from Outworld so she doesn't age as fast as humans, so while Kung Lao is now a 70 year old wrinkle sack, she's still hot with the mask on' and such.

But then MK9 will be all like "Oh look! Here's Kano and Goro and Reptile and Sonya! we'll just say a wizard brought them back and made them able to fight! Look Noob Saibot and Sub-Zero 2 and Frost are back as well, we're gonna drop NEW Sub-Zero silently and hope no one notices (ot: seriously, whatever happened to Forest Law? He was in Tekken 3 and Tag but his dad came back in Tekken 4 and they dropped him? Does he come back in T5 or T5:DR or anything? or are we supposed to pretend he didn't exist?)"

So yeah... round about way of saying it but I can't wait for MK7, the only games I'll spend $50 on the day they come out anymore is an MK game, because theys=fun, maybe not deep gameplay but it's so easy to pick up and play for a mindless hour or two.

edits: duuuurrrr, I can count.

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

[this message was edited by Dr Baghead on Sat 3 Jun 12:19]

Ammadeau
1510th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):MK Armageddon" , posted Fri 2 Jun 15:22post reply

quote:
And yeah, Iīm also expecting this game to come! It seems that graphically it wonīt be very different from MK:Deception, but the gameplay will be much better (I hope so!)

Graphically and gameplay wise it's exactly the same as the two other 3D MKs. I thought the enviroments even looked worse personally, though I only saw two arenas. Fans of the series will still like it for all the extras though, I'm sure, but I don't like the fighting engine at all.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

Ishmael
2502th Post

"Re(4):MK Armageddon" , posted Fri 2 Jun 21:56post reply

quote:

Graphically and gameplay wise it's exactly the same as the two other 3D MKs. I thought the enviroments even looked worse personally, though I only saw two arenas. Fans of the series will still like it for all the extras though, I'm sure, but I don't like the fighting engine at all.

How have the addition of air combos affected the game? While wondering about the fighting engine seems a bit odd considering this is MK we're talking about I am curious to see if they've made any drastic changes to the way the game plays.

Just a Person
769th Post

"Re(4):MK Armageddon" , posted Sat 3 Jun 00:24post reply

quote:
(ot: seriously, whatever happened to Forest Law? He was in Tekken 3 and Tag but his dad came back in Tekken 4 and they dropped him? Does he come back in T5 or T5:DR or anything? or are we supposed to pretend he didn't exist?)

If Iīm not mistaken, Forrest is mentioned in Tekken 5. Actually, itīs because a motorbike accident that he caused that Marshall has to fight in Tekken 5, so that he can get the money and pay for the damages (but I donīt know if he appears in Marshallīs ending).
And I donīt know either why couldnīt Namco put both Laws as playable characters in the same game. After all, they did something similar with Julia and Michelle, Hwoarang and Baek, all the Jack robots...

quote:
So yeah... round about way of saying it but I can't wait for MK8, the only games I'll spend $50 on the day they come out anymore is an MK game, because theys=fun, maybe not deep gameplay but it's so easy to pick up and play for a mindless hour or two.

Are you talking about MK:Armageddon? Cause itīs actually MK7 (MK8 will be the first MK fighting game released AFTER Armageddon).
And I totally agree with you.

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

Dr Baghead
3587th Post

"Re(5):MK Armageddon" , posted Sat 3 Jun 12:16post reply

quote:
Are you talking about MK:Armageddon? Cause itīs actually MK7 (MK8 will be the first MK fighting game released AFTER Armageddon).
And I totally agree with you.

Yeah, MK7 my bad... I just didn't feel like writting Armadgedoon and ended up miscounting and don't like calling it MK:A (I think there's already an MKA anyway, isn't that the shitty GBA port of MK3?)

Just a Person
770th Post

"Re(6):MK Armageddon" , posted Sun 4 Jun 06:24post reply

quote:
Yeah, MK7 my bad... I just didn't feel like writting Armadgedoon and ended up miscounting and don't like calling it MK:A (I think there's already an MKA anyway, isn't that the shitty GBA port of MK3?)

Oh, it's true! It's called "Mortal Kombat Advance" (an original name, isn't it?), the GBA version of Ultimate MK3 from SNES (Rain and Noob Saibot in, Sheeva out). It was such a bad game that it was the only game ever that the Brazilian version of EGM gave a 0 score...

Ammadeau
1511th Post

"Re(5):MK Armageddon" , posted Sun 4 Jun 22:03post reply

quote:
How have the addition of air combos affected the game? While wondering about the fighting engine seems a bit odd considering this is MK we're talking about I am curious to see if they've made any drastic changes to the way the game plays.

I guess it's been a long time since I played the other 3D MKs because I didn't realize they didn't have air combos. They blended into the game well, but I think the AI wasn't finished because it didn't seem to know what to do about them, just standing there and taking them. So they give you more options, but hardly feel like a drastic change. The fighting overall seems the same as ever.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

Spoon
1322th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):MK Armageddon" , posted Mon 5 Jun 01:48post reply

quote:

And I'm still calling Bullshit on that. I bet MK9's just like Tekken 4.

But what if they made like SF3 and really did remove a whole bunch of the old cast?

Dr Baghead
3588th Post

"Re(5):MK Armageddon" , posted Mon 5 Jun 12:44post reply

quote:
But what if they made like SF3 and really did remove a whole bunch of the old cast?

Didn't Akuma and Chun-Li come back in future updates?

MK8 might drop everyone but a Sub-Zero and Scorpion, but the rest will come back in MK9 or later, especially with how whiny MK fans are (why else do the MFing robots keep showing up?) and the fact every character has died and came back like 17 times anyway.

Just a Person
773th Post

"Re(6):MK Armageddon" , posted Tue 6 Jun 01:28post reply

quote:
Didn't Akuma and Chun-Li come back in future updates?

Yes, and also Hugo (Final Fight's Andore Jr.).
But still, it was 5 old characters and more than 10 new ones; old fan-favorites like Guile, Zangief, Cammy, Sagat and others never appeared in it.

quote:
MK8 might drop everyone but a Sub-Zero and Scorpion, but the rest will come back in MK9 or later, especially with how whiny MK fans are (why else do the MFing robots keep showing up?) and the fact every character has died and came back like 17 times anyway.

Well, that's true, actually. MK fans can be annoyingly whiny. The death statement is also true; even the heroes who were never expected to die (Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Sonya, Kitana, Jax... damn, even Raiden!) have already died at least once in the series.
Some characters never died, though (but that's only because they haven't had so much time in the series), like Tanya, the cyborgs, Fujin and most of the new characters in MK:DA and MK:D.

ZamIAm
1573th Post

"Re(7):MK Armageddon" , posted Sat 17 Jun 11:54post reply

I'm wary of how solid the game will be but I'm looking forward to the create-a-character mode. I'm also, crossing my fingers that they do actually bring resolution to some stuff in the story, unlike SF3...

Dr Baghead
3592th Post

"Re(8):MK Armageddon" , posted Sun 18 Jun 05:12post reply

quote:
Some characters never died, though... like .. the cyborgs, Fujin.

The cyborgs died:
-Cyrax and Smoke where both found deactivated when Sony/Jax and Noob respectively found them in a the desert and Shoa Khan's trophy room respectively before reprogramming them. If a cyborg is deactivated, wouldn't that mean they'd 'died'
-Sektor's dead in the real sense of the word... Sub-Zero had to kill him to take control of the Lin Kuei in MK:DA

Fujin blows up real good in MK:Mythologies. But I'm not entirely sure:
1-MK:M:SZ is cannon (it might have been when MK4 was in planning, but I think it got retconned out by the actual release version... at any rated MK:SF, er the Jax action game not some crappy crossover fan fic, and MK:SM are non-cannon so I guess MK:M:SZ could very well not be as well.)
2-It's even Fujin. (he was called 'God of Wind' and looked like Fujin, but Fujin's storyline never makes reference to him guarding Shinook's pendant or anything related to MK:M:SZ)

quote:
I'm wary of how solid the game will be but I'm looking forward to the create-a-character mode.

Who isn't?! I just hope the color palettes are better then Soul Caliburs, I was so disappointed

I want a nice selection of HUMAN flesh tones, I want to make an African American character who has dark brown flesh colored skin, not literally black skin. I want to make a tanned character who looks tanned, not either 'tan but kinda grey' or 'muted brownish orange'

also... would it kill them to make RED a flesh color? I seriously don't get why SC3 wouldn't let you make a red (not pink) skinned character. How was I supposed to play as Shaak Ti, the most awesomess Jedi ever if I could make red characters.

... don't even get me started on the inablity to make flesh colored clothes. If I want to make a nude chick that should be my decision not make not Namcos!!!

quote:
I'm also, crossing my fingers that they do actually bring resolution to some stuff in the story, unlike SF3...

If it doesn't, they at least promise sequels so they can get to it later.

Just a Person
774th Post

"Re(9):MK Armageddon" , posted Sun 18 Jun 08:33post reply

quote:
Some characters never died, though... like .. the cyborgs, Fujin.

The cyborgs died:
-Cyrax and Smoke where both found deactivated when Sony/Jax and Noob respectively found them in a the desert and Shoa Khan's trophy room respectively before reprogramming them. If a cyborg is deactivated, wouldn't that mean they'd 'died'
-Sektor's dead in the real sense of the word... Sub-Zero had to kill him to take control of the Lin Kuei in MK:DA

Fujin blows up real good in MK:Mythologies. But I'm not entirely sure:
1-MK:M:SZ is cannon (it might have been when MK4 was in planning, but I think it got retconned out by the actual release version... at any rated MK:SF, er the Jax action game not some crappy crossover fan fic, and MK:SM are non-cannon so I guess MK:M:SZ could very well not be as well.)
2-It's even Fujin. (he was called 'God of Wind' and looked like Fujin, but Fujin's storyline never makes reference to him guarding Shinook's pendant or anything related to MK:M:SZ)

About Cyrax and Smoke, I'm not so sure if they were "dead". "Deactivated" to me looks more like a comatose state, since they could be "back" just by reactivating them.
And Sektor didn't die; Sub-Zero did beat him in MK:DA; however, MK:TE (from the Game Boy Advance) states that Sektor survived and escaped to Japan, where he began kidnapping people and turning them into cyborgs to create his own clan, the Tekunin. And it seems that Armageddon considers this as canon, since there is a "Tekunin Warship" stage...

As for Fujin, since he's a god, I'm not sure if he can die (maybe in Mythologies Sub-Zero only destroyed its avatar, like the gods in RPG games, who can create mortal bodies but even if these bodies "die", they can still create another body later). Even though Shinnok will probably die for good in MK:A...