Steambot Chronicle a.k.a Bumpy Trot tomorrow! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2209 Views )

Spoon
1314th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Steambot Chronicle a.k.a Bumpy Trot tomorrow!" , posted Tue 23 May 01:28post reply

I've been eagerly awaiting the english release of this game. It looks like a joyful experience.

Anybody else hot and bothered by this game's impending release?

Replies:

Mav
157th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Steambot Chronicle a.k.a Bumpy Trot tom" , posted Tue 23 May 05:10post reply

quote:
I've been eagerly awaiting the english release of this game. It looks like a joyful experience.

Anybody else hot and bothered by this game's impending release?

Looks like EB is giving out mini harmonica keychains with the purchase. (online?) I assume it's game-related! Atlas is cool.

Can anyone on the import side remind us why this isn't to be missed? I vaguely recall some positive chatter, months back.

exodus
3381th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Steambot Chronicle a.k.a Bumpy Trot tom" , posted Tue 23 May 07:34post reply

just search 1up for jeremy parish's ravings.

the harmonica was a gift at E3, and is totally awesome. it goes out of tune real fast, but it's still great!

it's a music/mech game in a 30s european setting. that's about all you need to know.

Maou
859th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Steambot Chronicle a.k.a Bumpy Trot tom" , posted Tue 23 May 08:12post reply

Mech/music game?? Hadn't heard of it, but post about it when you get your hands on it, Spoon!

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Ishmael
2489th Post

"Re(2):Steambot Chronicle a.k.a Bumpy Trot tom" , posted Tue 23 May 21:40post reply

I, too, am interested in this game. If anyone gets a chance to try the US release let us know what you think.

Speaking of games coming out this week, I'm also interested in Jaws Unleashed but that says more about me than it does about the possible quality of that game.

jmcc
29th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):Steambot Chronicle a.k.a Bumpy Trot tom" , posted Tue 23 May 22:14post reply

quote:
just search 1up for jeremy parish's ravings.

the harmonica was a gift at E3, and is totally awesome. it goes out of tune real fast, but it's still great!

it's a music/mech game in a 30s european setting. that's about all you need to know.

Jeremy says it's got framerate issues, which is off-putting. He also says that it's the closest you can get to Megaman Legends 3 at this point. I don't see how I an avoid it, really.

Shapermc
109th Post

Regular Customer

"Trotportation" , posted Thu 25 May 09:24:post reply

Just a warning for anyone who plans on getting this: taking your trotmobile around town is about the time you should go to the bathroom or make some tea. Some nice green tea.

That's what I did. Actually, both of them.

The rest of the game is pretty amazing so far barring some frame rate issues. It is spiritually a Megaman Legends game mixed with Viurta On (controls).

Actually, I just got--and am now wearing--a

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
sombrero

End of Spoiler

. This game is far to amazing.

[this message was edited by Shapermc on Thu 25 May 09:30]

exodus
3393th Post

"Re(1):Trotportation" , posted Fri 26 May 07:58post reply

quote:
This game is far to amazing.

so it's got a ways to go, has it?

STOP - grammartime. oh oh oh!

anyway, what are you saying, you can just let your guy walk around while you get tea?

Shapermc
109th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Trotportation" , posted Fri 26 May 12:10post reply

quote:
anyway, what are you saying, you can just let your guy walk around while you get tea?

No, I am saying you have to, when you are in the towns. You have to pick a destination then just... wait for the trotmobile to get there. It can take a little while if you have to wait at a lot of traffic lights.

When you are going from town to town or just exploring the land scape you control the trotmobile.

Mosquiton
1709th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Steambot Chronicle a.k.a Bumpy Trot tom" , posted Mon 5 Jun 11:20post reply

I hope everyone on this board has purchased this by now. A really great, sincere, laid-back game. Buy the damn thing.

/ / /

Ammadeau
1512th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):Steambot Chronicle a.k.a Bumpy Trot tom" , posted Mon 5 Jun 11:37post reply

quote:
I hope everyone on this board has purchased this by now. A really great, sincere, laid-back game. Buy the damn thing.

I bought the Japanese version even if I got a free review copy in the US. But yes, the game is fantastic and fun, and the world isn't at stake this time, which is a relief. All the instraments are cool too, and oddly I think I like playing the acordian the most. I'm stuck on the UTC right now though. Four fights and no saves... ugh.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

kuran
18th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Steambot Chronicle a.k.a Bumpy Trot tom" , posted Mon 12 Jun 17:48:post reply

The title screen audio in the US version reminds me of www.zombo.com

Does it use the same engine as Disaster Report 1/2? It seems equally versatile. (and demanding of the hardware... but the low framerate doesn't really bother me in this game.)

[this message was edited by kuran on Mon 12 Jun 21:52]