VOB EDIT HELP - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1951 Views )

Digitalboy
310th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Bronze Customer

"VOB EDIT HELP" , posted Mon 22 May 05:43post reply

Does anyone know anything about DVD's? Specifically VOB files that I need to edit. Can anyone recommend any good idiot proof programs that will edit VOB files before a conversion? I tried to search on Google yet it is in codes I do not understand. Any help is appreciative. Thanks in advance.

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Replies:

click
644th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):VOB EDIT HELP" , posted Mon 22 May 11:47post reply

Are you on a PC or Mac? You cannot directly edit VOB files. They need to be converted to something edit-able. What kind of software are you using?

You will need to convert them to MPEG2 files (creating both video and audio stream files) ideally, which should be straightforward.

Depending on how heavily you want to edit the stuff, you might need to do further conversion.

Digitalboy
313th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):VOB EDIT HELP" , posted Wed 24 May 11:11post reply

I am using a PC.

I haven't tried to convert the VOB file to MPEG2 yet. I have been converting it to WMV and the audio has just been out of sync with the movie itself. I will give the MPEG2 a try. Thanks Click.

quote:
Are you on a PC or Mac? You cannot directly edit VOB files. They need to be converted to something edit-able. What kind of software are you using?

You will need to convert them to MPEG2 files (creating both video and audio stream files) ideally, which should be straightforward.

Depending on how heavily you want to edit the stuff, you might need to do further conversion.

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...