E3 2006: Interview with SNK Playmore USA Pres - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4628 Views )

Celsius
60th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Occasional Customer

"E3 2006: Interview with SNK Playmore USA Pres" , posted Sun 14 May 06:27:post reply

Hi everyone. A few things first. Thanks to everyone that submitted a question in the previous topic. Unfortunately, I was not able to ask him those questions because the interview had to be cut short. . .which is why it ended on the Rebout question as opposed to some questions from you guys. However, fear not, for the answer to most of your questions will come in a few weeks with part II of the interview. Part I is below.

http://360.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=7430

Once again my thanks and apologies to everyone here. Please spread the word of the interview if possible.

Update from SNK regarding virtual console:

From Snk President Ben Herman via e-mail:

"I will talk to NOA on Tuesday about VC. NOA is contacting every third party. If this is easy to do Nintendo will hit a grand slam.

Nintendo is asking for our NES and SNES stuff. This is not about our AES system but you never know."

"What? Sarah! Look not upon me with doubting eyes." - Motoko Aoyoma (Love Hina: Mystery Guests at Hinata Hotel)

[this message was edited by Celsius on Tue 16 May 06:51]

Replies:

NeoRyu
1088th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):E3 2006: Interview with SNK Playmore US" , posted Sun 14 May 07:02post reply

Great interview can't wait for part 2.

Fuu is a cutie!!

Pollyanna
1792th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):E3 2006: Interview with SNK Playmore US" , posted Sun 14 May 07:15post reply

Yeah, nice indeed. Makes me a little worried about SNK and the next generation of consoles, but maybe they'll be encouraged to make high resolution fighters now.

Ah, but then again, what he said probably only applies to the American market.

shin ramberk
264th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):E3 2006: Interview with SNK Playmore US" , posted Sun 14 May 07:36post reply

I concur, great interview, i can't wait for part 2. Thank you Celsius!

I like how Mr. Herman eases off on the spin. There's a little bit of spin in there but I like it how he's honest. Its damn refreshing.

http://ramberk.blogspot.com

Burning Ranger
1427th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):E3 2006: Interview with SNK Playmore US" , posted Sun 14 May 09:09post reply

Did the SNK reps give you any press assets? Maybe some hi-res art? If so, care to share?

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

...and for Guilty Gear X2 # Reload!

Celsius
59th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):E3 2006: Interview with SNK Playmore US" , posted Sun 14 May 09:18post reply

quote:
Did the SNK reps give you any press assets? Maybe some hi-res art? If so, care to share?

Someone who can share some art post their AIM or e-mail.

"What? Sarah! Look not upon me with doubting eyes." - Motoko Aoyoma (Love Hina: Mystery Guests at Hinata Hotel)

Bootation
523th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):E3 2006: Interview with SNK Playmore US" , posted Sun 14 May 10:30post reply

Excellent Interview. I kinda like this guy running snk usa.

I thought the wii seemed exciting. I guess its really starting to stand out. I really like the controller. I think the ps3 isn't that exciting at this point. I actually liked the boomerang controller initially then they pussed out. I would say the wii seems most up my alley but I'm still quite happy with my ps2 with hd loader.

One thing about the wii that is kind of annoying is u need an add-on to watch dvds? Ridiculous.

I mean the remote screams for it. Also the 512 hard drive seems pitiful. I would say it needs at least 1 gig or 2.

Also i am bummed no kof for ds. I mean the wireless connection screams for multiplay one cart.

quote:

Someone who can share some art post their AIM or e-mail.

Pretty please check out my neato sweet awesome webpage

Digitalboy
308th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):E3 2006: Interview with SNK Playmore US" , posted Sun 14 May 10:54post reply

I <3 Mr. Ben Herman...

quote:
Hi everyone. A few things first. Thanks to everyone that submitted a question in the previous topic. Unfortunately, I was not able to ask him those questions because the interview had to be cut short. . .which is why it ended on the Rebout question as opposed to some questions from you guys. However, fear not, for the answer to most of your questions will come in a few weeks with part II of the interview. Part I is below.

Here is the temporary URL: http://anime.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=2684&pg=1&comments=

Please note: The URL right now is only temporary. It will be deleted from the above site and placed on the gaming-advanced sites once I can get someone to post it. I only work for Anime Advanced...which is why it's only posted there. . .

Once again my thanks and apologies to everyone here. Please spread the word of the interview if possible.

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

talbaineric
6242th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):E3 2006: Interview with SNK Playmore US" , posted Sun 14 May 13:42post reply

Yay! So KOF:MI2 is coming to the US after all, in the form of KOF 2006! Woot! :D

My Myspace

Ishmael
2477th Post

"Re(3):E3 2006: Interview with SNK Playmore US" , posted Mon 15 May 05:34post reply

Ben Herman always comes across like a nice enough guy who is doing the best he can with the material he has. Although I think that Metal Slug will be a nightmare to play with the Wii controller I still wish them the best.

exodus
3360th Post

"Re(4):E3 2006: Interview with SNK Playmore US" , posted Mon 15 May 10:35post reply

herman's a bit of a nutjob. I like him, but I'm not 100% sure he knows what he's doing. And very clearly Japan throws him their scraps.

I guess I could actually read the interview, but I'd be shocked if he had something new to say. Or if anyone at SNK did!

Gyudon
5th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):E3 2006: Interview with SNK Playmore US" , posted Mon 15 May 13:44post reply

quote:
Yay! So KOF:MI2 is coming to the US after all, in the form of KOF 2006! Woot! :D

It's nice they're releasing the "Another Day" OVAs as some sort of a bonus. Although the fact that it's going to be a seperate DVD and a gift could be a little worrisome for people who live in European countries. I remember the first MI never got that big a release.

Professor
2353th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):E3 2006: Interview with SNK Playmore US" , posted Wed 17 May 01:11post reply

quote:

Great Interview! Very interesting about what Ben Herman had to say about Nintendo.
Btw, your article is being linked by Japanese sites too.

exodus
3370th Post

"Re(2):E3 2006: Interview with SNK Playmore US" , posted Wed 17 May 02:44post reply

ok, I read it now - it's an interesting interview, to be sure! herman is still a bit on the fringe (esp. with his virtual console statements), but did have some new stuff to say.

It's just frustrating that he'll say things like 'you'll be able to point and shoot with the controller', but then not actually know how it's implemented. The SNK of today makes any kind of statement it wants, then takes it back if it's wrong. Not a lot of companies do things like that...makes it tough to trust their word at any given time.

Celsius
60th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):E3 2006: Interview with SNK Playmore US" , posted Wed 17 May 11:35post reply

Wow really? Can I possibly bother you to link me to those? I really like hearing feedback regarding the stuff I do and I can make out some Japanese. Like if the interview sucks then I know what to NOT do next time.

I'm glad most of the people seem to like the interview. >=) (Glad I could get Exodus to read it too!)

quote:
Great Interview! Very interesting about what Ben Herman had to say about Nintendo.
Btw, your article is being linked by Japanese sites too.

Variable Savior
363th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):E3 2006: Interview with SNK Playmore US" , posted Thu 18 May 07:17post reply

The Magic Box posted this news today

quote:
SNK Playmore USA president Ben Herman mentioned the company's future plans:

- Developers are looking into how to use the Wii controller in Metal Slug Anthology
- Metal Slug 6 will not be included in Metal Slug Anthology, however the game will likely appear in a Nintendo platform, because 2D games are not suitable for PS3 or Xbox 360
- Sony has rejected a number of their 2D projects for PS2, because they do not correspond to the graphic standard
- Metal Slug for GBA is a port of the first title in the series, coming out in September 2006
- SNK Playmore does not plan to release future titles for Xbox
- Wii will receive the most software support from SNK Playmore
- The PS2 shooter Twinkle Star Sprites will not be published in US because there's no market for the genre

Sounds kinda familiar, no?

Blood marks heaven's path

exodus
3372th Post

"Re(4):E3 2006: Interview with SNK Playmore US" , posted Thu 18 May 08:41post reply

that's just the magicbox stylo!

Toxico
4187th Post

"Re(5):E3 2006: Interview with SNK Playmore US" , posted Thu 18 May 11:47post reply

quote:
that's just the magicbox stylo!

well, that and babel-fishing japanese news...

See??? He is a God...

Ishmael
2481th Post

"Re(6):E3 2006: Interview with SNK Playmore US" , posted Fri 19 May 00:04post reply

Why does Magic Box continue to not cite it's sources? It's impossible to view the site as a legitimate page if they aren't professional enough to do something as basic as that.

Celsius
61th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(7):E3 2006: Interview with SNK Playmore US" , posted Tue 23 May 03:35post reply

quote:
Why does Magic Box continue to not cite it's sources? It's impossible to view the site as a legitimate page if they aren't professional enough to do something as basic as that.

I wouldn't have a problem if all they did was post the source so that I may at least get credit...

Here are the screens and artwork, hosted by SNKPET: http://147.202.69.71/2006 E3

exodus
3379th Post

"Re(7):E3 2006: Interview with SNK Playmore US" , posted Tue 23 May 07:25post reply

quote:

well...I mean...it's hong kong! they play by their own rules!

Ishmael
2487th Post

"Re(8):E3 2006: Interview with SNK Playmore US" , posted Tue 23 May 21:20post reply

quote:
well...I mean...it's hong kong! they play by their own rules!

Ah, I didn't realize that Magic Box was broadcasting from the magical Region 0 land of Hong Kong. That explains a lot of their actions.