Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2302 Views )

Evenor
401th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Gold Customer

"Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!" , posted Tue 9 May 04:36post reply

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is rumored to have a stateside release (by Nintendo) under the name
"Elite Agent Force". I can't wait to see this game be butchered for the US!

Wasn't the original game very import friendly?

シュガーフォークフル

Replies:

Maou
842th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Osu! Tatakae! Elite Agent Force!" , posted Tue 9 May 06:35post reply

quote:
Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is rumored to have a stateside release (by Nintendo) under the name

Iiinteresting. I wonder if banchou/sukeban/punch perm aesthetics make sense in America? They certainly ought to. I figure they could make this game appeal to a smaller US audience that is actually interested in Japanese things, and if they marketed it to the J-pop crowd, they wouldn't have to undergo the impossible butchering task of rematching the animations somehow to English songs. I'm still dying to get the original copy if I ever buy a DS, but I hear it's pretty playable even if you don't do Japanese.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Gojira
1973th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):Osu! Tatakae! Elite Agent Force!" , posted Tue 9 May 08:27post reply

Elite Agent Force? I didn't play the import but from what little I've seen, that sounds a little bit off from the original premise.

pointman_4000
54th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Osu! Tatakae! Elite Agent Force!" , posted Wed 10 May 19:58post reply

quote:
Elite Agent Force? I didn't play the import but from what little I've seen, that sounds a little bit off from the original premise.

It is. It's basically the Ouendan gameplay and presentation but with a completely new story, music and patterns.

[-OO]----///////////////////

Pollyanna
1777th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(4):Osu! Tatakae! Elite Agent Force!" , posted Wed 10 May 20:10post reply

I can't tell if the art is by an American artist copying the Japanese artist, or the Japanese artists trying to look "more American".

Either way, since SO many people have imported Ouendan...or at the very least, most of the people it would appeal to have imported it, this seems like a good move. Now, those people may buy this game, and if it can be sold in Japan, they have a winner.

The gameplay and visuals in Ouendan are great, but if I don't like the music, I can't see myself buying the game.

threesixtee
888th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!" , posted Fri 12 May 02:15post reply

quote:

please cut back on the ELITE JAPANESE IMPORTER attitude. if anything, be happy that a BRAND NEW game is coming out that plays like ouendan. I couldn't be happier and I imported the game too. the fact is, the premise was entirely too wacky by american standards and I'm glad they found a semi-plausable way to bring it stateside.

IkariDC
511th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!" , posted Fri 12 May 02:32post reply

Well, I think it's interesting because we have a new cast of characters and new stories, so it feels like a second part of the game instead of a localized version of the original. I know I'll miss the main characters of the original game, but if the stories and the music is fun, then I guess it's allright.

Elite Beat Agents - Nintendo's Official E3 Coverage

It's clear that the art is from the same artist of Ouendan, so no problem here. At least until I'm aware of the type of music that it will use, I'm sold!

threesixtee
889th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!" , posted Fri 12 May 04:38post reply

quote:

Elite Beat Agents - Nintendo's Official E3 Coverage

I lied. the premise is as wacky if not wackier than ouendan. I guess "government agents" is more believable than "cheerleader gang" but that's what makes me want to play this even more. you know that chairman guy will be playable on hard mode, they should totally make the ouendan gang playable on expert mode (though cheerleaders would still be nice).