The General E3 2006 Expectations thread. - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1860 Views )

OmegaDog
1599th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"The General E3 2006 Expectations thread." , posted Wed 3 May 01:56:post reply

Nothing concrete -- that's for other threads here that touch on E3. Here, we'll just put our expectations, pipe dreams, debatable speculation, and general tomfoolery.

Here's a debatable note: gamers who have been expecting the Wii to be relatively dirt-cheap (I've heard people speculate US$150, even US$100), due to the console's comparatively-low power, will get a reality check when they realize they haven't taken into account the cost of an included controller. And with all those spiffy features, the remote most likely ain't gonna be cheap.

"So... IT'S FLITZ TIME EVERYBODY!" || CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 21

[this message was edited by OmegaDog on Wed 3 May 02:05]

Replies:

shooo-rook
182th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):The General E3 2006 Expectations thread" , posted Wed 3 May 07:54post reply

quote:
Nothing concrete -- that's for other threads here that touch on E3. Here, we'll just put our expectations, pipe dreams, debatable speculation, and general tomfoolery.

Here's a debatable note: gamers who have been expecting the Wii to be relatively dirt-cheap (I've heard people speculate US$150, even US$100), due to the console's comparatively-low power, will get a reality check when they realize they haven't taken into account the cost of an included controller. And with all those spiffy features, the remote most likely ain't gonna be cheap.

Speculation: They will change the name of Nintendo's Next gen. console again... instead of Wii it will be Shalom- as Shalom is a word that has many meanings, being peace, hello, and generally a warm-hearted word, Nintendo has decided to broaden it's demographics even more to the Israelites.

Seriously- I don't know what to expect from E3. I have heard a lot already from a bunch of sources, so I will just wait and see

Are you slave to the blade?

Juan
4258th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):The General E3 2006 Expectations thread" , posted Wed 3 May 09:01:post reply

The Wii will still be cheaper since the other systems will charge you 300-400 dollars for a bare bones system. They still charge about 150 for x-box and ps2.

They better have this at E3!

quote:

[this message was edited by Juan on Wed 3 May 09:02]

simonbelmont
93th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):The General E3 2006 Expectations thread" , posted Wed 3 May 12:10post reply

quote:

They better have this at E3!

Yeah they better. I can't wait to paint happy little trees, happy little clouds, pretty little mountains, and beat the devil out of my brush. Bob Ross was the man. 'We don't make mistakes, we just have happy accidents' are words to live by.

Burning Ranger
1420th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):The General E3 2006 Expectations thread" , posted Wed 3 May 13:51post reply

quote:

I want to see:

Burning Rangers 2
Daytona USA 3
Street Fighter 4
Radiant Silvergun & Ikaruga super pack for PSP
KOF XI (for US release!)

and in all seriousness...

Megaman Powered Up 2
Silent Hill PSP Remake
Daytona USA PSP (Wishful thinking)
Resident Evil 5
That new Zelda GC game (Isn't it called Twilight Princess?)

And yes, I look forward to anything Metal Gear related...

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

...and for Guilty Gear X2 # Reload!

Ammadeau
1505th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):The General E3 2006 Expectations thread" , posted Wed 3 May 16:29post reply

I'm looking forward to all the free food I can stomach. That and finding out what the heck the final PS3 controller looks like.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

Zepy
1243th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):The General E3 2006 Expectations thread" , posted Wed 3 May 17:35post reply

I look forward to seeing new info about the Phantom game console.

Samson
63th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):The General E3 2006 Expectations thread" , posted Wed 3 May 18:12post reply

I'd like Atlus to confirm the US release of Persona 3.

NARUTO
3421th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(4):The General E3 2006 Expectations thread" , posted Wed 3 May 18:17post reply

Well deffinitely llok to the next-gen stuff. Now that the 360 is out and completely fails in my opinion I'm gonna look on the 2 other console.

For the Wii, I would have a proof that the console is not just a Giant Playskool like eyetoy. And that she can have serious and normal games like a Zelda, a fighting game or a good RPG, FFCC 2 pics of trailer would be nice. A normal Controler too...

For the PS3 I expect that they show us the big guns. A silod proof of what the console is able to. for the editor here again I expect the major titles to be under the spot-lights.

Namco: Tekken 6, Capcom: DMC4, RE5 if they could announce a news BOF I won't be sad, Square: PS3 titles like FF13 (announced) or some news games from the Nomura's crew. MGS4 of course...and anything cool like the newe JAk & Dax game...

Tu Fuis Ego eris...Like you I was Like me you'll be...

Evenor
394th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):The General E3 2006 Expectations thread" , posted Thu 4 May 04:24post reply

quote:
I'd like Atlus to confirm the US release of Persona 3.

Ditto.

Also in the US releases of KOF XI and Siren 2.

シュガーフォークフル

Kikkoken
1092th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(3):The General E3 2006 Expectations thread" , posted Thu 4 May 04:48post reply

Games that only exist in my wildest dreams:
* Starfox DS, Starfox Wii
* KOF EX3, GBA, DS, or Wii
* Game & Watch Gallery Complete DS
* Donkey Kong (& Jr) Arcade remakes
* Bionic Commando 3D PS2 or Wii
* Jungle King remake
* Moon Patrol remake

Evenor
395th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(4):The General E3 2006 Expectations thread" , posted Thu 4 May 04:50post reply

quote:
Games that only exist in my wildest dreams:

* KOF EX3, GBA, DS, or Wii

JUN!

シュガーフォークフル

HAYATO
606th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):The General E3 2006 Expectations thread" , posted Thu 4 May 06:16post reply

quote:

Speculation: They will change the name of Nintendo's Next gen. console again... instead of Wii it will be Shalom- as Shalom is a word that has many meanings, being peace, hello, and generally a warm-hearted word, Nintendo has decided to broaden it's demographics even more to the Israelites.

LOL!! Speaking of names, I think even "Shalom" would be better than "Wii", but I'm afraid it isn't so commercial...

And that painting game made me curious. But I hope it's better than "Art Alive", otherwise it wouldn't be much of a success...

Gojira
1967th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(3):The General E3 2006 Expectations thread" , posted Thu 4 May 10:05post reply

According to Gamespot, Namco has removed all PS3 games from its projected E3 lineup, including Ridge Racer and Tekken. So there goes my expectations.