Sensenic
1480th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Tetris DS friend code !!" , posted Sun 30 Apr 20:55post reply

quote:
No love for Tetris ? :(

When I get it, I'll post it soon enough ^_^U

Time for some long due Samus Aran love...

"It's you know like when you die and you can't quite believe it"
An undead friend.

Kikkoken
1090th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(3):Tetris DS friend code !!" , posted Mon 1 May 20:33post reply

My router is not compatible, so I can't join in.

burning kyo
2411th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(4):Tetris DS friend code !!" , posted Thu 4 May 22:12post reply

still nobody ? :(

~ Flowers Blooming on the Moon Flowers Scattering on the Wind ~

Mokona
356th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(5):Tetris DS friend code !!" , posted Thu 4 May 23:09post reply

quote:

Sorry dude, I decided to pass on Tetris DS when I learned the infinite rotation thing was there...
I'll probably get it if the price drops, but then again nobody will be playing it online anymore....

Blah!

burning kyo
2412th Post

"Re(6):Tetris DS friend code !!" , posted Thu 4 May 23:45post reply

quote:
Sorry dude, I decided to pass on Tetris DS when I learned the infinite rotation thing was there...

Not in multiplayer & wifi modes

~ Flowers Blooming on the Moon Flowers Scattering on the Wind ~

Grahf
442th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):Tetris DS friend code !!" , posted Mon 12 Jun 05:10:post reply

Just got my wireless network set up in my new apartment:

EDIT: Fixed avatar and sig (my school stopped hosting my stuff).

PAPER PIMP

[this message was edited by Grahf on Tue 13 Jun 06:19]

Pollyanna
1831th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(8):Tetris DS friend code !!" , posted Mon 12 Jun 05:22post reply

I need to get my DS online. I just want people to play Bleach DS with. It's alarmingly good.

exodus
3414th Post

"Re(9):Tetris DS friend code !!" , posted Mon 12 Jun 13:49post reply

quote:
I need to get my DS online. I just want people to play Bleach DS with. It's alarmingly good.

I've heard that! This shocks me, because I didn't like it at TGS. But I didn't really understand it then, and was just sort of thrust into it in a competition setting. I've been considering it for a while now, maybe I should take the plunge.

Pollyanna
1835th Post

"Re(10):Tetris DS friend code !!" , posted Mon 12 Jun 15:10post reply

quote:

I've heard that! This shocks me, because I didn't like it at TGS. But I didn't really understand it then, and was just sort of thrust into it in a competition setting. I've been considering it for a while now, maybe I should take the plunge.

At first I thought it was a mediocre fighting game that took all the good ideas from a bunch of other games, but when I started playing it VS, I totally changed my mind. It has a good combination of easy playability and complexity. They put so much effort into it, too...there are so many characters and extras and little details. I'm surprised they didn't release a game with half the stuff, then save the rest for the sequel.

I mean, it still might not be for you, but that's not because it's a bad game. I would at least "generally" recommend it to any 2D fighting fan (with friends). But then again, 2D fighters are almost never fun alone.

Sensenic
1515th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Tetris DS friend code?" , posted Mon 12 Jun 18:43post reply

quote:

At first I thought it was a mediocre fighting game that took all the good ideas from a bunch of other games, but when I started playing it VS, I totally changed my mind. It has a good combination of easy playability and complexity. They put so much effort into it, too...there are so many characters and extras and little details. I'm surprised they didn't release a game with half the stuff, then save the rest for the sequel.

At first I thought (keep in mind that I'm very ignorant when it comes to 2D fighters' gameplay systems) it was just a slow Guilty Gear with Bleach characters... But I found it very funny and entertaining, so I went and bought it.

I completely agree on the "easy playability and complexity"... or putting it another way, it's completely playable even by scrubs like me and at the same time it has a complete system which allows high-level playing, or at least that's the impression I got, mainly from trying (and sucking at) the challenge mode. Seems I was right.

And all the extras, details and references are delicious... all those system voices, the variety apported by each character's bankai (those who have it), which are very different from each other, specially if comparing it to GC Bleach, where every character's "Big Super" (bankai or equivalent) is in the end just a big painful hit. :(
quote:

I mean, it still might not be for you, but that's not because it's a bad game. I would at least "generally" recommend it to any 2D fighting fan (with friends). But then again, 2D fighters are almost never fun alone.

But, but... I enjoyed it all alone myself...

Come to think of it, I have a friend who has it, but I still haven't had the chance to play with him.

An undead friend.

Pollyanna
1838th Post

"Re(1):Tetris DS friend code?" , posted Mon 12 Jun 19:19post reply

quote:

But how LONG did you play it by yourself? In my case, I enjoyed it by myself, but only until I unlocked everything. Now, when I play it alone, it's only to work on combos/strategies for VS play. To me, you can only advance so far playing alone, and afterwards, you have to put that to the test in vs. That's how I feel about any 2D fighter, though. I want to play 4 player, though it's fun enough to try and use the 2 computer players against another human opponent.

Oh, and you can do download play on it...which is both nice AND generous.

Challenge mode is pretty crazy, but it's also unecessary. Some of the combos in there are completely impractical, and most of them can be easily broken out of (another thing I like about the game). I still got a big kick going through them though, because they teach you little tricks you can do to make shorter more practical combos. After challenge mode and vs play, I realized how versatile the system really is.

Anyway, I'm glad someone else likes the game! I'm a "medium grade" fighting game fan, myself...so it's quite nice for me. I wonder how I stack up against "good" players, though.

I wish Treasure would get more anime/manga licenses and do similar fighters.

Sensenic
1517th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):Tetris DS friend code?" , posted Mon 12 Jun 21:35post reply

quote:

But how LONG did you play it by yourself? In my case, I enjoyed it by myself, but only until I unlocked everything.

Oh, that'd be it.

I thought you meant even that was boring.
quote:
Now, when I play it alone, it's only to work on combos/strategies for VS play. To me, you can only advance so far playing alone, and afterwards, you have to put that to the test in vs. That's how I feel about any 2D fighter, though. I want to play 4 player, though it's fun enough to try and use the 2 computer players against another human opponent.

Oh, and you can do download play on it...which is both nice AND generous.

So many diferent possibilities I should try and so little time...
quote:

Anyway, I'm glad someone else likes the game!

And I'm glad to make you glad! ( n_n)/
quote:
I wish Treasure would get more anime/manga licenses and do similar fighters.

Erm, on that, Fuchikoma said (well, in a godmodeonline comic) that precisely the engine was taken straight out from another game, its name I can't remember right now, tho'.

Maybe you may want to try that one out.

An undead friend.

Shooo-rook
211th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(5):Tetris DS friend code !!" , posted Tue 13 Jun 13:31post reply

quote:

I finally got my DS lite today... and i only bought two games (NSMB, and Lost Magic) I will get tetris soon though...

Are you slave to the blade?