TEKKEN 6 announced. - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2698 Views )

NARUTO
3414th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"TEKKEN 6 announced." , posted Wed 26 Apr 19:03post reply

Just after they announce Ridge racers 7 for PS3, Nomca did announce yet Tekken 6 for the same system.
Announced in the Famitsu, it won't takes long until the sacns pops out..

Tu Fuis Ego eris...Like you I was Like me you'll be...

Replies:

samson
58th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):TEKKEN 6 announced." , posted Thu 27 Apr 00:17post reply

Well that's a surprise ! ;)

Good news anyway, as long as Bryan is in !

Valen
24th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):TEKKEN 6 announced." , posted Thu 27 Apr 03:32post reply

Are you sure it's Tekken 6 and not TTT2 or T5:DR with just improved graphic?

It is nice to be important but it is more important to be nice...

Maese Spt
218th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):TEKKEN 6 announced." , posted Thu 27 Apr 17:10post reply

quote:

Is that so? I think pretty much everyone expected such a thing, specially after that Jin kazama demo...

Anyway, a new Tekken always means good news for me. I hope we could get to know Mishima granny this time!

MATSUKEN SAMBA!!!

samson
60th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):TEKKEN 6 announced." , posted Thu 27 Apr 17:16post reply

quote:

Is that so? I think pretty much everyone expected such a thing, specially after that Jin kazama demo...

Hum, I thought the ;) was clear enough about the irony of my statement...I was joking, man ! A Sony console without at least one Tekken is not a Sony console !

I wonder how they can improve the graphics...I'm still amazed by T5...

Maese Spt
220th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):TEKKEN 6 announced." , posted Thu 27 Apr 17:25post reply

quote:

Hum, I thought the ;) was clear enough about the irony of my statement...I was joking, man ! A Sony console without at least one Tekken is not a Sony console !

Oh, my bad, I'm a bit too blunt this morning...

What I really wonder is if Namco is gonna release an arcade version before the actual console game, as was the usual thing to do before that strange Soul Calibur 3 strategy.

MATSUKEN SAMBA!!!

NARUTO
3415th Post

"Re(3):TEKKEN 6 announced." , posted Thu 27 Apr 19:10post reply

quote:
Are you sure it's Tekken 6 and not TTT2 or T5:DR with just improved graphic?

Namci did announce it along with RR7 and they've announced as TEKKEN6 not as TTT2 or TKDK.

Sanson: Well the graphics will surely be updated, something between DOA4 and VF5 I think...Depending on the characters number.

As for Brian He and Yoshi dies in each other endings, so maybe only one of them will be back. But I'm maybe wrong.

Ishmael
2459th Post

"Re(4):TEKKEN 6 announced." , posted Thu 27 Apr 23:55post reply

I would have thought that T6 would have a brief run at the arcades before being announced for a home system. Or is Namco building this Tekken around the idea of on-line play?

Oh, and as far as endings go, I'm going to continue to live in my own little world and believe that in T5 only the endings for Heihachi and Paul are canon. Okay, maybe Xiaoyu's time machine can make it in as well just because it would make the Tekken plot even more ridiculous and complicated than it already is.

Iggy
7667th Post

"Re(5):TEKKEN 6 announced." , posted Fri 28 Apr 00:20post reply

quote:
Oh, and as far as endings go, I'm going to continue to live in my own little world and believe that in T5 only the endings for Heihachi and Paul are canon. Okay, maybe Xiaoyu's time machine can make it in as well just because it would make the Tekken plot even more ridiculous and complicated than it already is.

Roger Jr's ending is definitely cannon.

I hope Tekken 6 will have a Roger Sr/Jr fight. And as a hidden character, Roger Mama will be there to interfere between father and son.

ONSLAUGHT
3577th Post

"Re(6):TEKKEN 6 announced." , posted Fri 28 Apr 00:46post reply

I've never understood the fascination with Tekken, but to each his own...

simonbelmont
91th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(7):TEKKEN 6 announced." , posted Fri 28 Apr 00:58post reply

quote:

Agreed. I lost total interest in Tekken right after Tekken 3. I guess the farting dinosaur Gon and the drunken old man who couldn't stand up were enough for me. As far as 3D fighters go I'd rather play Rival Schools or Project Justice. Unfortunately, that series is pretty much dead huh.

Gojira
1964th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(7):TEKKEN 6 announced." , posted Fri 28 Apr 06:20post reply

I really hope they do an arcade release first. The last thing I want to see is another Soul Calibur 3-level fuckup.

YeldellGW
507th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):TEKKEN 6 announced." , posted Fri 28 Apr 07:24post reply

quote:
As for Brian He and Yoshi dies in each other endings, so maybe only one of them will be back. But I'm maybe wrong.

Doubt either one bought it since that would mean killing off a character I don't like in either case; something fighting game companies don't go out of their way to do very often.

Though killing off the ones I like never seems to a difficult task (And there are many!).

quote:

I like Tekken cause it doesn't feel like I need a PHD to play the damn thing, like VF.

Though I won't say Tekken doesn't have its share of things I have issues with, cause it does.

quote:
As far as 3D fighters go I'd rather play Rival Schools or Project Justice. Unfortunately, that series is pretty much dead huh.

Had a blast with those. Thing I liked about PJ was that top down attacks had so much lag afterwards. It was nice to finally be able to punish someone who relied on high/low guessing games. Another aspect I couldn't believe (Especially since the game was made by Capcom!) was that you couldn't cheap someone who was low on life with multiple hitting specials/supers.

Sad that those are some ideas that'll never be carried over in other fighters.

HARO
41th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(7):TEKKEN 6 announced." , posted Fri 28 Apr 13:52post reply

quote:

Profound.

Iron D
2684th Post

"Re(5):TEKKEN 6 announced." , posted Fri 28 Apr 14:29post reply

quote:

But that's always been the way that Tekken works. Pretty much everyone's endings except one of the Mishima's is canon, and everything else isn't.

Question is: how will they manage to screw with poor old Law storyline-wise this time? Is he going to be a straight up bum?

Zelkin. Pimped.

NARUTO
3417th Post

"Re(8):TEKKEN 6 announced." , posted Fri 28 Apr 17:27post reply

quote:
I really hope they do an arcade release first. The last thing I want to see is another Soul Calibur 3-level fuckup.

Well the fact that TK6 is announced as PS3 first doesn't mean no Arcade release.
TK for was announced as a PS2 title, and was released in arcade, and TK5 was announced on booth at the same time so...
On an other hand Tekken 6 can just be TK5DR +'turbo edition...

Maese Spt
221th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(6):TEKKEN 6 announced." , posted Fri 28 Apr 17:56post reply

quote:

But that's always been the way that Tekken works. Pretty much everyone's endings except one of the Mishima's is canon, and everything else isn't.

That's it. Tekken tradition says everyone's endindgs are just for fun, and the storyline gets carried on by Mishima guy's endings.

So I wouldn't be much concerned about Brian or Yoshi's death. And, even if both of them eventually die, it's not like they can not be back and safe from the Hades for the next Iron Fist Tournament, right? Remember how our lil' Kazuya was dead for like 20 years... and Brian is supposedly a living dead right now.

I used to fear for Heihachi's presence on the series in the past, being such an old geezer and all, but seeing how a century-year-old Jinpachi can be in perfect shape, I fail to see see how health issues would force good ol'Heicachi to retire! As long Heihachi is in, let them bring on as many Tekkens as they want. All is right with the world.

I would really like to see an arcade version first, though, if only for tradition and prestige issues.

MATSUKEN SAMBA!!!

Iggy
7671th Post

"Re(7):TEKKEN 6 announced." , posted Fri 28 Apr 18:17post reply

quote:
That's it. Tekken tradition says everyone's endindgs are just for fun, and the storyline gets carried on by Mishima guy's endings.

Oddly enough, I think the canon ending for Tekken 5 will be Asuka's.

Maese Spt
224th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(8):TEKKEN 6 announced." , posted Fri 28 Apr 18:31post reply

quote:

Well, Asuka is somewhat related to Mishima family, so the "Mishima Tradition" theory would still have some basis...

MATSUKEN SAMBA!!!

Samson
62th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(7):TEKKEN 6 announced." , posted Fri 28 Apr 21:15:post reply

quote:

IMO, the only 3D fighter better than Tekken is Virtua Fighter. But mastering the game is so hard that it prevents playing with casual gamers.

Tekken is a game that has a fast learning curve, and is quite deep nonetheless.
It allows casual players to have fun, and 'experts' to have breathtaking matches.

Since T3, I've been playing with the same friends, each focusing on 1/2 characters (Brian, Paul, Heiachi, Julia, Kazuya, Lei). We know our characters (and others) very well so it's a lot of mind games, and any mistake will make the round...

I always saw Rival School as a 3D game with classical 2D gameplay...but I may be wrong.

[this message was edited by Samson on Fri 28 Apr 21:19]

YeldellGW
508th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(8):TEKKEN 6 announced." , posted Fri 28 Apr 23:08post reply

quote:

I really hope so.

It's about time the whole devil gene/bloodline bit be put to rest.