Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1698 Views )

Maou
832th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training" , posted Tue 25 Apr 05:19post reply

Get yer brain train'! It's actually kind of an entertaining idea, though not as entertaining as sexy sudoku.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Replies:

GekigangerV
1222th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training" , posted Tue 25 Apr 05:30post reply

quote:
Get yer brain train'! It's actually kind of an entertaining idea, though not as entertaining as sexy sudoku.

The game came out last week and for $20 it is pretty good. However the game barely recognizes if I say "Blue" during one of the Brain Age tests and you have to be careful with your nines so they aren't recognized as fours.

Last time I checked my Brain Age is 24.

Shooo-rook
172th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training" , posted Tue 25 Apr 05:37post reply

quote:

I have been following Brain Age for a month or two, and the game looks great... Too bad the DS lite isn't in America yet... (waiting for the DS lite to come out)...

ANyone have any predictions for the Lite? I have heard that it will be released the same week as the new Super Mario Bros., but that game has been delayed two times I think... (from May 7, to May 26, to June something)

Are you slave to the blade?

mokona
356th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training" , posted Wed 26 Apr 23:42:post reply

quote:

The game is great, been playing every day since I got it last week.
My wife and I play it, so there's a competition going on. You can compare everything, it's fun. Plus, the system allows you to view your progress quite well (graphs, high scores, etc.) It's definitely something I look forward to playing to each and every day. I mean, I got tired of Nintendogs after 2 months, but I can foresee myself playing this every day for the next few years without a problem, the challenge stays fresh.
And it HAS sudoku included anyway, so you should definitely get it.
BTW, if you like sudoku, you should get some of those variants there (I love the samurai and flower ones.)

Blah!

[this message was edited by mokona on Wed 26 Apr 23:44]

aderack
253th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training" , posted Thu 27 Apr 15:42post reply

quote:
However the game barely recognizes if I say "Blue" during one of the Brain Age tests

Yeah, this is a really common problem. You get around it by pronouncing the word slowly, almost drawing it out to two syllables: b'loo.

I think this is the most engaging game software I've encountered in a long time. I imagine that says a lot, given that it's not even a videogame.