srw original generations - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2220 Views )

rid
7051th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"srw original generations trailer" , posted Tue 25 Apr 01:56:post reply

http://rapidshare.de/files/18830123/Super_Robot_Wars_Original_Generations_-_trailer.zip.html

Really awesome trailer, really promising game. There's love in the people that worked on these animations. Looks like Banpresto has found their originals to be as profitable as the licensed series.

http://www.suparobo.jp/srw_lineup/srw_ogps/

[this message was edited by rid on Tue 25 Apr 01:57]

Replies:

Toxico
4166th Post

"Re(1):srw original generations trailer" , posted Tue 25 Apr 04:55:post reply

quote:
Really awesome trailer, really promising game. There's love in the people that worked on these animations. Looks like Banpresto has found their originals to be as profitable as the licensed series.

From the looks of the trailer we get that the events of SRW OG 1 & 2 will be in the games, most enemy mech from those games are present.... The question will be, 'how far are they going to go'; I doubt that they will just cover the events of those 2 games, but I don't think that they'll cover EVERY event up to date (even though that would be great); the last 2 big things that happened in the ps2 games where the AI 1 / Albero thing and the End of the arrowgater/balmar war; and that end was pretty good, of course is sure to bet that new events will be present in the mix...

While in most SRW the plot might seem pretty thin and weak once we put all of it together we usually get a very enjoyable game, at least that's what happened in the GBA titles...

I'm sooooo gonna preorder this....

See??? He is a God...

[this message was edited by Toxico on Tue 25 Apr 05:10]

Toxico
4166th Post

"Details from the site..." , posted Tue 25 Apr 06:39post reply

Since Rid didn't bothered with it I'll add some details found in the official site:

Currently the game is split in 2 chapters; you can choose on what chapter you can start; passing from chapter 1 to chapter 2 is possible, but if you start with chapter 2 then you won't be able to go back to play chapter 1, playing the 2 chapters will be helpful in unlocking extra stages and secrets.

The first chapter is focused on the Inspector war and the events of SRW OG 1 (arrowgater and DC); the second chapter is focused on SRW OG 2, That would be game villains represented so far ->

Chapter 1 -> SRW 2 villains (Divine Crusaders), SRW 3 villains (Inspector), SRW Alpha villains (Arrowgaiters).
Chapter 2 -> SRW Alpha Gaiden villains (I don't recall the name; but they where tied with nanomachines and body modifing techniques) , SRW A villains (Shadow Mirrior), SRW Impact villains (Einst).

The promo said that more story events will be added, so most likely the game will have more than 2 chapters, the site doesn't list any kind of bonus with preoders nor publishing dates; but the 3 ovas are mentioned....

I wonder if atlus will get crazy and have this for US release; perhaps we can hope if the upcoming GBA titles sell alright...

I wonder if Yahoo can translate better than I can ;P

Obscene Voodoo Dance Teleport

See??? He is a God...

rid
7051th Post

"a-ni-me" , posted Tue 25 Apr 10:11post reply

quoting from Gunota Headlines

Super Robot Wars Original Generation: The TV series

Officially announced the other day at the Steel OG Festival, with details via Moonphase:

Super Robot Wars Original Generation - Fall 2006
Director: Hiroyuki Kakudou
CG advisor/special director: Ichiro Itano
Series composition: Takanobu Terada
Animation: OLM

Mav
147th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):a-ni-me" , posted Wed 26 Apr 11:22post reply

So, for those of us who didn't play through the OG games, we'll get some semi-recap and not feel entirely left out by purchasing this?

...like I'm not buying it, anyway.

whitesword
1589th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):a-ni-me" , posted Wed 26 Apr 21:58post reply

quote:
So, for those of us who didn't play through the OG games, we'll get some semi-recap and not feel entirely left out by purchasing this?

It's a remake of OG & OG2, you won't need any recaps.

Mav
149th Post

Regular Customer

"She took the midnight train watchin' a-ni-me" , posted Sat 29 Apr 09:14post reply

quote:

It's a remake of OG & OG2, you won't need any recaps.

I look forward to playing Alt Eisen and Wiess in a better game. If they're keeping their current release schedule, this should be out by... November?