anime opinions wanted - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2187 Views )

rid
7048th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"anime opinions wanted" , posted Mon 24 Apr 04:28post reply

Are Jinki:Extend and Aquarion worth checking? I was looking for any anime to watch (as this new season isn't really for me, besides Ergo Proxy and Blood+), so I was thinking in checking any of those. Thanks for any help.

Replies:

Holiday
2553th Post

"Re(1):anime opinions wanted" , posted Mon 24 Apr 05:25post reply

Jinki:Extend
I think Aoba's cute, but that alone can't save the show. The story jumps everywhere so much that it'll hurt your brain.

(Sousei no) Aquarion
It's one of those shows that's so stupid and silly that it's good. Most sexually explicit 3-way gattai super robot action I've ever seen. I actually enjoyed this series more than I expected.

Mav
145th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):anime opinions wanted" , posted Tue 25 Apr 08:54post reply

I back that Jinki vote. The plot jumps around way too much for a series that simple, overall. Does it come from some other source which is more fleshed-out? It felt like a disaster, at times.

For some reason, those MKV files of Ergo are choppy as hell to me, so I can't sit through episode one. I've got the supposedly ideal codec packs of the CCCP and use WMClassic exclusively and that's the only MKV I've had trouble with.

rid
7052th Post

"cogito ergo mkv" , posted Tue 25 Apr 10:14post reply

quote:
For some reason, those MKV files of Ergo are choppy as hell to me, so I can't sit through episode one. I've got the supposedly ideal codec packs of the CCCP and use WMClassic exclusively and that's the only MKV I've had trouble with.

MKV are choppy as hell, usually, unless you happen to have the exact driver config, and likely you don't. I went for the version by [Ani-Jiyuu], in good old avi.

CharlesProphony
26th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):cogito ergo mkv" , posted Wed 26 Apr 04:55post reply

quote:
For some reason, those MKV files of Ergo are choppy as hell to me, so I can't sit through episode one.

mkv is just a packing method, so the problem wouldn't be this... maybe it's the video codec... the h264 codec, which is becoming the base codec in the anime community, is a cpu devourer...

Mav
146th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):cogito ergo mkv" , posted Wed 26 Apr 10:09post reply

quote:
For some reason, those MKV files of Ergo are choppy as hell to me, so I can't sit through episode one.

mkv is just a packing method, so the problem wouldn't be this... maybe it's the video codec... the h264 codec, which is becoming the base codec in the anime community, is a cpu devourer...

I've got a 1.4ghz processor and over 700mb of RAM, so if a video needs more than that, I'm fearful for the PC world as a whole. We've already got game DEMOS out whose size exceeds several gigs.
As for the referral to Jiyuu, muchos gracias Rid.

CharlesProphony
27th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):cogito ergo mkv" , posted Thu 27 Apr 02:17post reply

quote:

I've got a 1.4ghz processor and over 700mb of RAM, so if a video needs more than that, I'm fearful for the PC world as a whole.

even with the lastest cpus, we'll have to get the new vgas with the codecs built-in to have a good performance without problems like the video hanging with some msn messenger pop up.
the current moment is like when the computers started supporting the mpeg format and had to use an extra board just for the decoding with a decent performance... that time was mpeg and vcds, now it's h264 and HDdvd/BLdisc.

Ishmael
2462th Post

"Re(4):cogito ergo mkv" , posted Fri 28 Apr 03:44post reply

A bit OT, but has anyone heard any more about the Blood+ game being made by Grasshopper?