KOF XI PS2 Extras - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4295 Views )

shindekudasai
106th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Regular Customer

"KOF XI PS2 Extras" , posted Thu 20 Apr 23:00post reply

Confirmed on the official site:

-Addition of Tung, Hotaru, Geese, Mr. Big, Mai, Robert, and "Kusanagi" (NESTS-saga Kyo) to the roster. All are plucked straight from NeoGeo Battle Coliseum.

-4 new 3D backgrounds.

-Arranged soundtrax.

-Challenge mode (can't quite figure out what that's all about tho).

-Playable bosses.

-Total character count increased to 47.

Wither Blister Burn + Peel

Replies:

Tai-Pan
115th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):KOF XI PS2 Extras" , posted Thu 20 Apr 23:38post reply

quote:

-Addition of Tung, Hotaru, Geese, Mr. Big, Mai, Robert, and "Kusanagi" (NESTS-saga Kyo) to the roster. All are plucked straight from NeoGeo Battle Coliseum.

-4 new 3D backgrounds.

-Arranged soundtrax.

-Playable bosses.

I like this port, since I never had the chance to play this game in my country.
Anyway, I won't keep my hopes high, since I know it won't be released for the american PS2.

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Digitalboy
302th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):KOF XI PS2 Extras" , posted Fri 21 Apr 00:06post reply

Extras are good!
Fire is bad.

I am almost happy with the extra characters if it weren't for Robert. He will be out of place, it doesn't seem right.

I can not wait for the Neo Geo CD load time experience...again.

quote:

-4 new 3D backgrounds.

-Arranged soundtrax.

-Playable bosses.

I like this port, since I never had the chance to play this game in my country.
Anyway, I won't keep my hopes high, since I know it won't be released for the american PS2.

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Toxico
4160th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):KOF XI PS2 Extras" , posted Fri 21 Apr 03:55:post reply

quote:

I don't remember on wich port was it; but challenge mode has been here before and it was just a plain old survival; I think that it was on the DC 2002 port (port that I don't own); there it was the single play challenge (survival) and the team play challenge (survival).

You forgot to mention the "the 14 new illustrations "drawn by famous SNKP artists" for the endings", issue that has been mentioned before (I think it was Iggy, dunno who the true source was).

No gallery art this time around??? NGBC had a decent special art gallery, but there it wasn't THAT many pics considering the cast, and most of them where pics of Kisarah

Obscene Voodoo Dance Teleport

See??? He is a God...

[this message was edited by Toxico on Fri 21 Apr 03:57]

Zepy
1239th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):KOF XI PS2 Extras" , posted Fri 21 Apr 04:49post reply

Challenge mode has some objectives this time it seems. The site didn't have any details about it, but I suspect it's something like Guilty Gear's mission mode.

Endless mode is the new endless survival mode!

It's also possible to change the game system between arcade system and arrange system, arrange system being a tweaked version of the game with game balancing stuff.

And of course online battle. Through MMBB, which costs the low wonderful price of 900 yen per month.

Now with Mr.Big it's possible to make the 100% overpowered team!

Iggy
7658th Post

"Re(2):KOF XI PS2 Extras" , posted Fri 21 Apr 05:23post reply

quote:
You forgot to mention the "the 14 new illustrations "drawn by famous SNKP artists" for the endings", issue that has been mentioned before (I think it was Iggy, dunno who the true source was).

No gallery art this time around???

The 14 drawings are still mentioned on the official site, and the gallery mode is there.
The video shows various promotional arts, but since I haven't followed the game much, I don't know if they are original or not.

Also, I'm not here actually, so don't mind me.

Toxico
4162th Post

"Re(3):KOF XI PS2 Extras" , posted Sat 22 Apr 01:17:post reply

quote:

Also, I'm not here actually, so don't mind me.

So, are you a weat dream come true??

For the record I saw the promo vid, the new stages are shown and they show gallery mode and character edit mode; as well as some examples of the 'character balance' that they did for the PS2. The character edit mode seemed kinda insteresting; very complete like it was in Tenka or in NGBC.

The vid didn't really showed the exclusive characters, they just flashed through the screen, the most you got to see was Mai doing a two moves.

For the record some SS Tenka & KoF XI fight vids can be found here:

http://trftrf.com/movie.html
The players aren't that hot, but you can see some cheap techniques here

http://page.freett.com/henvoke/index.html
This is the first page where I actually saw some decent SS japanese battles there are times where the matches are updated almost daily.

http://game41.web.infoseek.co.jp/movieroom.htm
This pages rotates constantly; currently you can only see KoF XI and melty blood matches

http://202.212.233.47/urban-aiaieki/site/htm/nojiai_movie.htm

Rotates vids from time to time, it has been low in action for some time.

http://vulcanus.web.infoseek.co.jp/

I haven't checked this in a while, but supposedly has some vids.

See??? He is a God...

[this message was edited by Toxico on Sat 22 Apr 02:02]

aderack
249th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):KOF XI PS2 Extras" , posted Sat 22 Apr 08:28:post reply

quote:
So, are you a wheat dream come true??

Would that make him barley legal?

[this message was edited by aderack on Sat 22 Apr 08:29]

Zepy
1240th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(5):KOF XI PS2 Extras" , posted Sat 22 Apr 08:54post reply

quote:

His popularity's on the rice recently.

Toxico
4162th Post

"Re(5):KOF XI PS2 Extras" , posted Sat 22 Apr 09:38post reply

quote:

Legal, ilegal, popular, wheat dream or not you can still contraband him inside tobacco and coffee boxes.

I'm fearing that these events will destroy the free market...

See??? He is a God...

EddyT
541th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):KOF XI PS2 Extras" , posted Sat 22 Apr 12:07post reply

quote:

His popularity's on the rice recently.

He's just itching at the chance to sow his oats.

talbaineric
6240th Post

"Re(7):KOF XI PS2 Extras" , posted Sun 23 Apr 03:36post reply

So it's seriously not coming to North America?! Aww, that sucks. I've wanted to play it for the longest time.

TALBAINANDCAMMY.COM! Celebrating 3 years of T&C Fanship.
My Deviantart place! TE loves Deviantart!

Toxico
4163th Post

"Re(8):KOF XI PS2 Extras" , posted Sun 23 Apr 03:59post reply

quote:
So it's seriously not coming to North America?! Aww, that sucks. I've wanted to play it for the longest time.

As far as I noticed nothing has been really said for now; but considering the current 'input' that SNK america gets from the US sony branch you won't be seeing and US console version on PS2 anytime soon, perhaps an X-Box version should pop up quickly; but the last time I checked KoF wasn't really hot in the US; SNK biggest ground in this continent is Mexico and perhaps Chile.
The best chance to see this game in the US is the usual 'two games packet'; but as far as I know SNK america doesn't like doing that.

See??? He is a God...

Just a Person
762th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):KOF XI PS2 Extras" , posted Fri 5 May 02:23post reply

quote:

-4 new 3D backgrounds.

-Arranged soundtrax.

-Playable bosses.

It´s quite surprising to see Tung Fu Rue and Hotaru Futaba in the PS2 version of KoF XI, while Leona is still absent... I always thought she was one of the fan-favorite characters... (well, not mine really, but it seemed logical since she never left KoF from ´96 until ´03, plus she was in other SNK games).

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

Toxico
4179th Post

"Re(2):KOF XI PS2 Extras" , posted Fri 5 May 06:06post reply

quote:
It´s quite surprising to see Tung Fu Rue and Hotaru Futaba in the PS2 version of KoF XI, while Leona is still absent... I always thought she was one of the fan-favorite characters... (well, not mine really, but it seemed logical since she never left KoF from ´96 until ´03, plus she was in other SNK games).

Remember that the hidden cast is limited to character that appear in NGBC, so any character that doesn't appear in NGBC isn't even an option.... I'm fearing that in future releases ALL hidden characters will be taken out from the previous game and will be ported with minimal to none effort....

See??? He is a God...

Gojira
1969th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(3):KOF XI PS2 Extras" , posted Fri 5 May 07:32post reply

quote:
Remember that the hidden cast is limited to character that appear in NGBC, so any character that doesn't appear in NGBC isn't even an option.... I'm fearing that in future releases ALL hidden characters will be taken out from the previous game and will be ported with minimal to none effort....

But including Leona and Mai from 2k3 would have been the more effortless thing to do. The only thing porting characters from NGBC does is make any lack of effort in integrating them more obvious.

Ikari Loona
129th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):KOF XI PS2 Extras" , posted Fri 5 May 19:38post reply

quote:
But including Leona and Mai from 2k3 would have been the more effortless thing to do. The only thing porting characters from NGBC does is make any lack of effort in integrating them more obvious.

Considering the criticisms made to things like attack timings and whatnot in KoF2k3 (dunno if Leona had any specific issues with that - most of the critisims I read were centered on Kim), which seem to have been corrected for XI, reusing stuff from that game could have been seen as a big mistake - at least tossing in character from a different game and presenting them as a bonus that adds to the original version of the game lets players judge for themselves how adequate those aditions are to the KoF engine, and from that SNKP may be able to get some feedback on whether it's worth adding them to actual KoF games, and what's needed to adjust them properly to them.

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

Iggy
7683th Post

"Re(4):KOF XI PS2 Extras" , posted Fri 5 May 20:28post reply

quote:

Remember KOF 2003 was on Neo Geo. Nejibako being an Atomiswave game like XI, the integration might ask even less effort.

Gojira
1970th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(5):KOF XI PS2 Extras" , posted Sat 6 May 02:57post reply

quote:

Remember KOF 2003 was on Neo Geo. Nejibako being an Atomiswave game like XI, the integration might ask even less effort.

Maybe, but this isn't an Atomiswave release.

Although with 7 extra characters I have to wonder if an arcade upgrade is being planned now.

CharlesProphony
29th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(6):KOF XI PS2 Extras" , posted Sat 6 May 03:32post reply

quote:

it's starting to look like a mugen engine where you just put the characters in some directory, edit a txt and voilá! recycled characters from one game to other.(and thinking about this.... maybe the guys from elecbyte had gotten a job after all...)

Toxico
4181th Post

"Re(6):KOF XI PS2 Extras" , posted Sat 6 May 04:47post reply

quote:
Maybe, but this isn't an Atomiswave release.

You aren't seen things as you should, both Atomic wave games had higher res graphics re -touch and what else; retouching every frame from a neo geo game character would have been too much of an effort and they wheren't aiming to do that; there is also the sound issue; the sound quality, that would have also require effort to do; for example one of my characters in Tekken is Jack 5; and it's totally embarassing to hear his Tekken 1 quality sound effects when playing the game...

quote:

Although with 7 extra characters I have to wonder if an arcade upgrade is being planned now.

In SNK's history no console bonus/advance/evolution in the port produced a *new* arcade port; even though some of them might have seem like great ideas (98' DC and 99' evo had many graphic / transparencies issues added), this isn't Street Fighter upper; and perhaps we might be 'close' to the next game, by close I suppose something like 4, 5 or 6 months; that time frame is not enough to justify huge work, the whole idea of upgrading 3D games is so that people will stick up with the upgrade and stop complaining about when the next version is to be released...

See??? He is a God...

Iggy
7685th Post

"Re(7):KOF XI PS2 Extras" , posted Sat 6 May 16:29post reply

quote:
there is also the sound issue; the sound quality, that would have also require effort to do;

Yup, that was the problem with re-using SS voices in Ken Samu, the format appears to be different.