RoboCop Returns???? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3353 Views )

sushi_bunny
388th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Silver Customer

"RoboCop Returns????" , posted Thu 13 Apr 09:10post reply

Hello,

Just heard a rumor that Robocop would have a remake, by Alex Proyas, of I, Robot.

I think they really really really really really really need to leave the first one ALONE. I really liked Peter Weller in the First Robocop. He was the BEST ACTOR FOR ROBOCOP.

The second one pretty much I wouldn't buy for a dollar, and the third... was a kid's film.

I'm not even gonna go into the Robocop the Series either... that was too pacifistic.

I would make a better script if there was a Robocop film made by me. I think I would hire Viggo M. from Lord of The Rings as Alex Murphy.
If Verhoven and Naha did the script, I would soo be grateful because they knew how to materialize Robocop.

What do you think people?

Sushi

Replies:

Ikari Loona
128th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):RoboCop Returns????" , posted Thu 13 Apr 09:29post reply

quote:
I'm not even gonna go into the Robocop the Series either... that was too pacifistic.

The Commander Cash skits in ever episode were a nice touch though.

quote:
I would make a better script if there was a Robocop film made by me. I think I would hire Viggo M. from Lord of The Rings as Alex Murphy.
If Verhoven and Naha did the script, I would soo be grateful because they knew how to materialize Robocop.

What do you think people?

If they're to mess around with the license, a Robocop Vs Terminator movie couldn't be much worse than what the 3rd movies of each series have already done to spoildecent licenses...

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

sushi_bunny
389th Post

Silver Customer

"It couldnt be this bad for RoboCop" , posted Thu 13 Apr 10:10post reply

http://youtube.com/watch?v=V01ZwePjqs0&search=robocop

GekigangerV
1219th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):It couldnt be this bad for RoboCop" , posted Thu 13 Apr 10:48post reply

The Crow was a good movie so I have nothing against the guy, but I am getting sick of remakes. Speaking of Robocop has anyone read that Frank Miller comic? Was it any good?
I guess nothing can be worse than Robocop helping Sting in WCW

Remember?

Burning Ranger
1401th Post

"Re(2):It couldnt be this bad for RoboCop" , posted Thu 13 Apr 12:43post reply

quote:
Speaking of Robocop has anyone read that Frank Miller comic? Was it any good?
Remember?

I have the entire Frank Miller's "Robocop" series and all I can say is this: it's what Robocop 2 would have been if Miller got his way. The story is good, but I'm not to fond of the artwork. It's gory and violent and sometimes I couldn't tell exactly what was going on. Plus, it took too damn long for the series to come out (2-3 month wait between issues sometimes).

The first Robocop film is a classic, true. But Frank Miller complained about Hollywood altering the first film and bastardizing the others. Given what was done with Sin City, maybe Miller can redeem his creation if he had more involvement.

It'll be hard to replace Weller though. Now he's an academic (as in he teaches history in universities) AND he's also appearing on 24 as...

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -

...someone who's trying to kill Jack Bauer. He's still a badass. And balding.

End of Spoiler

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

...and for Guilty Gear X2 # Reload!

Undead Fred
2667th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):It couldnt be this bad for RoboCop" , posted Thu 13 Apr 13:16post reply

quote:
The Crow was a good movie so I have nothing against the guy, but I am getting sick of remakes.

Yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at. I don't care WHAT it is, stop the fucking remakes. Re-inventing, re-imagining, whatever they want to call it, just stop. Oh, and that goes for TV show to movie adaptations too. Those aren't clever either.

Korigama
101th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):It couldnt be this bad for RoboCop" , posted Fri 14 Apr 07:37post reply

quote:

Yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at. I don't care WHAT it is, stop the fucking remakes. Re-inventing, re-imagining, whatever they want to call it, just stop. Oh, and that goes for TV show to movie adaptations too. Those aren't clever either.

Considering how creatively bankrupt Hollywood is right now, it's a wish that won't be granted anytime soon for anyone it seems...

aderack
245th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):It couldnt be this bad for RoboCop" , posted Fri 14 Apr 10:32:post reply

I don't know about RoboCop; the Cybermen are making a nice return, though.

[this message was edited by aderack on Fri 14 Apr 10:33]

Red Falcon
5663th Post

"Re(5):It couldnt be this bad for RoboCop" , posted Fri 14 Apr 11:54:post reply

quote:
the Cybermen are making a nice return, though.

Ahhh, somebody else looking forward to it, too? :D You a Doctor Who fan? I like how they gave them the old "tear-drop" eyes from the 60's... I always thought those were cool.
edit: Yesss! Sarah Jane and K-9, too. I want the Ice Warriors to return...

Best site EVER:Link Here

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Fri 14 Apr 11:57]

Burning Ranger
1402th Post

"Re(3):It couldnt be this bad for RoboCop" , posted Fri 14 Apr 12:21post reply

quote:
The Crow was a good movie so I have nothing against the guy, but I am getting sick of remakes.

Come on, now. The new Battlestar Galactica is better than what was on in the 70s and 80s (at least IMHO).

aderack
247th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(6):It couldnt be this bad for RoboCop" , posted Fri 14 Apr 13:54:post reply

quote:
Ahhh, somebody else looking forward to it, too? :D You a Doctor Who fan? I like how they gave them the old "tear-drop" eyes from the 60's... I always thought those were cool.

Yeah, I think it adds to the creepiness -- the idea that there's something... crying inside the Cybermen, sort of. Trapped in there, that will never be human again.

I hope they bring back the music. I imagine Murray Gold could do an interesting mix of it.

EDIT: Maybe I should have another go, with them in mind.

quote:
edit: Yesss! Sarah Jane and K-9, too. I want the Ice Warriors to return...

No kidding. All those organic monsters -- they could be done so much better now. You've seen the catnuns? Good lord, that must be the most convincing makeup I've seen in my life.

[this message was edited by aderack on Fri 14 Apr 13:59]

Burning Ranger
1403th Post

"Re(7):It couldnt be this bad for RoboCop" , posted Fri 14 Apr 20:59post reply

Aderack: I'm adding you to my livejournal!

Ishmael
2445th Post

"Re(8):It couldnt be this bad for The Doctor" , posted Sat 15 Apr 03:13post reply

I'm not sure what to think about Dr. Who monsters that are able to move quickly -or at least faster than the slow shuffle the critters on the old series had- but the latest design on the Cybermen is great.

aderack
247th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(9):It couldnt be this bad for The Doctor" , posted Sat 15 Apr 06:50post reply

A monster you can't just walk away from is no monster at all!

GekigangerV
1220th Post

"Re(8):It couldnt be this bad for RoboCop" , posted Sat 15 Apr 07:10post reply

quote:
Aderack: I'm adding you to my livejournal!

Sideshow collectibles will be releasing model kits of Robocop and the ED-209

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=6309&source=040606robocop

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=6316&type=store&source=precheckout

I wish I had the cash for the ED-209. 15 inches of badass glory

Burning Ranger
1404th Post

"You have twenty seconds to comply..." , posted Sat 15 Apr 07:21post reply

The WETA Robocop figure looks cool...except the neck--it looks too small. Then again, they could be going for that look. Murphy is, after all, a cyborg. Also, is it me or can you see his eyes through his visor?

ED-209 looks a little cool. But yeah, I'm not rich enough to spend $100+ on each.