Watched Saw 1 & 2, what should I watch next? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1711 Views )

Kikkoken
1088th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Watched Saw 1 & 2, what should I watch next?" , posted Thu 6 Apr 05:15post reply

I've just watched Saw 1 and 2 and utterly loved both. I'm a huge horror film movies, but I also liked Seven and Cube-HyperCube. Now I'm eager for more. Have you any recommendation?

Replies:

Shooo-rook
146th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Watched Saw 1 & 2, what should I watch" , posted Thu 6 Apr 05:32post reply

quote:
I've just watched Saw 1 and 2 and utterly loved both. I'm a huge horror film movies, but I also liked Seven and Cube-HyperCube. Now I'm eager for more. Have you any recommendation?

YOu should rent this film Phenomena... AMAZING. Directed by Dario Argenti. I guess it's more horror and gore, than shock. YOu are in America? There are two versions of the film. Creepers- The American version (I'm assuming the more censored version as well) and Phenomena... the ways people are killed... are extremely creative in my opinion. What's even better? THE MAIN CHARACTER CAN COMMUNICATE WITH INSExTS!!!

http://imdb.com/title/tt0087909/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnx0dD0xfGZiPXV8cG49MHxrdz0xfHE9Y3JlZXBlcnN8ZnQ9MXxteD0yMHxsbT01MDB8Y289MXxodG1sPTF8bm09MQ__;fc=2;ft=22;fm=1

Are you slave to the blade?

Evenor
363th Post

Silver Customer

"Santa Sangre Elephant attack" , posted Thu 6 Apr 06:15:post reply

quote:

I dont know if I can help you because I didnt enjoy Saw 1 and I stayed far away from its sequel.

Are you a fan of Italian Horror? ( and familiar with it's almost mandatory elements?)

They aren't the best films, but enjoyable.

"Blood and Black Lace" by Mario Brava
"Twitch of the Death Nerve " by Mario Brava
"Perfume of the Woman in Black " by Francesco Barilli
"Opera" ,"Deep Red", " The Bird with the Crystal Plummage", "Phenomena" , "Suspiria, " Inferno" all by Dario Argento
"The Beyond" by Lucio Fulci

(most of these films fall in the category of giallo sub genre of italian horror )

If you are more into seeing an exploitation film, try to get your hands on Ruggero Deodato's Cannibal Holocaust.

I would also reccomend ( not italian ) films:
"Santa Sangre" by Alejandro Jodorowsky
"Dumplings" by Fruit Chan
( the very trendy ) "Audition" by Takeshi Miike

I cant think of anything else at the moment. Sorry for the long post.

Edit: For gore , try to see films from the Guinea pig series ( dont expect moving storylines)

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

[this message was edited by Evenor on Thu 6 Apr 06:19]

burning kyo
2408th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Watched Saw 1 & 2, what should I watch" , posted Thu 6 Apr 08:33:post reply

"Hostel" by Eli Roth and produced by Quentin Tarantino !!

http://www.allocine.fr/film/fichefilm_gen_cfilm=108925.html

~ Flowers Blooming on the Moon Flowers Scattering on the Wind ~

[this message was edited by burning kyo on Thu 6 Apr 08:35]

simonbelmont
84th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Santa Sangre Elephant attack" , posted Thu 6 Apr 08:54post reply

quote:

Are you a fan of Italian Horror? ( and familiar with it's almost mandatory elements?)

They aren't the best films, but enjoyable.

"Blood and Black Lace" by Mario Brava
"Twitch of the Death Nerve " by Mario Brava
"Perfume of the Woman in Black " by Francesco Barilli
"Opera" ,"Deep Red", " The Bird with the Crystal Plummage", "Phenomena" , "Suspiria, " Inferno" all by Dario Argento
"The Beyond" by Lucio Fulci

(most of these films fall in the category of giallo sub genre of italian horror )

Edit: For gore , try to see films from the Guinea pig series ( dont expect moving storylines)

Italian horror is the best! Lucio Fulci is awesome! Also check out Fulci's Zombie/Zombi 2, The New York Ripper, and House by the Cemetary. If you can find it check out Dellamorte Dellamore aka Cematary Man directed by Dario Argento's protege Michele Soavi. Dellamorte is probably my favorite horror movie of all time. Lamberto Bava's Demons and Demons 2 are really good too plus they have totally 80's soundtracks. Maniac starring Joe Spinell is also quite gory.

Evenor
363th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):Santa Sangre Elephant attack" , posted Thu 6 Apr 11:21post reply

quote:

Maniac starring Joe Spinell is also quite gory.

The last scene in that movie is so awesome/funny.

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

Shooo-rook
151th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Santa Sangre Elephant attack" , posted Fri 7 Apr 08:49post reply

quote:

Maniac starring Joe Spinell is also quite gory.

The last scene in that movie is so awesome/funny.

ISN"T IT!?

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
Bloody mannequins that turn into life to strike down their "murderer" brilliant

End of Spoiler

Are you slave to the blade?