Original message (5439 Views )

Zepy
1209th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Anti FF12 thread" , posted Sun 2 Apr 21:05post reply

松野・河津・生田

討 伐 開 始

We've not really had any complaints about FF12 on mmcafe, but in 2ch the FF12 kusoge thread has already reached it's 105th thread while the kamige thread has only just finished its first thread. And new copies of FF12 are selling for almost half price in certain shops on the 2nd week.

Hence in order to keep mmcafe from collapsing upon itself and destroying the entire universe, it's required to have a FF12 hate thread here too.

I have to remind everybody that if you played FF12 it is your duty to talk about how crappy the game is, or you're not cool.

ハ_ハ _
                    ∩゚∀゚)ノ  オイヨイヨ
                     )  /
                    (_ノ_ノ

彡   Van
  _,,..-―'"⌒"~ ̄"~⌒゙゙"'''ョ
 ゙~,,,....-=-‐√"゙゙T"~ ̄Y"゙=ミ
 T  |   l,_,,/\ ,,/l  |
 ,.-r '"l\,,j  /  |/  L,,,/
 ,,/|,/\,/ _,|\_,i_,,,/ /
 _V\ ,,/\,|  ,,∧,,|_/

My complaints of the game:
- MMORPG style maps. The maps are all huge for no good reason and have nothing on them aside from enemies and treasure chests that contain randomly generated trash.
- As above, most of the game time is spent travelling through the huge maps
- Stupid mini-game quests
- Main character is left out of the storyline
- The more you play the game the more similar the characters become because of the license board, more so as compared to the sphere grid.
- Extremely boring and meaningless "limit breaks". Early in the game it's incredibly overpowered and you kill bosses instantly, later in the game it becomes useless and if you use it you're more likely to get killed by bosses instantly instead.

Then again the game's still better than Seiken Densetsu DS. So it's still alright.

Replies:

Tai-Pan
106th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Sun 2 Apr 21:35post reply

quote:

- The more you play the game the more similar the characters become because of the license board, more so as compared to the sphere grid.

Cool thread.
What do you mean by license board? I haven't played the game but im interested in this point.

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

gorgeous
121th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Sun 2 Apr 21:57post reply

Fucking Akio Otsuka doing two voices in there. I really hate that man for awakening things in me that were better left asleep.

Also, the bunny girl's boobs are not nearly monstrously large enough.

Is that enough? Does that help?

Saiki
209th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 3 Apr 00:22post reply

the fact that it feels like I'm playing an offline MMORPG. I'd play a MMORPG if i wanted to actually play one

Iggy
7632th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 3 Apr 00:52post reply

quote:
[blablabla]河津[blablabla]

Sorry, I can't join the "anti" side.
And I just played 5 hours of Minstrel Song because of an extremely painful hernia, and you can't deny offline MMORPG are great.
MS is like an offline pre-online MMORPG, while FF12 is an offline post-online MMORPG.
I like the idea.

And the concept of saying "the only FF worth playing are the multiples of 6" as well.

Maou
811th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 3 Apr 01:38post reply

Oooh I can be anti-, but only in the sense that it bugs me that not a single person relevant to the series worked on XII. Unfortunately for this thread, the staff that did work on it seems to have done a very very good job so far.

.....actually, I do REALLY hate the damn default sound effects that play when you approach an action-zone or someone you can talk to. The idiotic smiley faces above the beautifully-designed characters' heads is such a waste, and made the "dur hur hur here I am" pointy finger curor in FFVII US/International look smart. That's it though, really.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

dragon-warrior
1253th Post

"Re(3):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 3 Apr 04:31post reply

come on this is the best RPG ina long time...
it is good, but story wise .... yeah Vaan is left out.
but the gameplay is solid + lots of cool side quests.
give it a chance this game is waaaay better than 10 9 8 7 ... but not 6 , cuz 6 had Kefka.

Evenor
355th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 3 Apr 04:38:post reply

quote:

Cool thread.
What do you mean by license board? I haven't played the game but im interested in this point.

"Learning and using abilities (magic spells, use of equipment, special skills, HP bonuses etc.) is done via the new License system. Each playable character begins with their own License Board, which looks like an oddly shaped chess board. The squares on the board contain various abilities which the character may use. In order to learn an ability, the character must first spend the required amount of LP (License Points) to permit its use. LP are earned in battle along with the usual experience points. When a square is activated, any empty squares adjacent to it also become available for activation. A square cannot be activated if there are no activated squares adjacent to it. While similar in some ways to Final Fantasy X's Sphere Grid, the License Board allows far more freedom; there are no restrictions on how the player may develop their characters. In practice, the License Board system is simply another in a long line of previous systems where ability points are earned and exchanged for new abilities."

Thank you Wiki.

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

[this message was edited by Evenor on Mon 3 Apr 04:40]

Maou
813th Post

"Re(3):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 3 Apr 05:14post reply

Watch out, that info was too useful and accurate. This thread is about hatred of change and frenzied violence! Big Brother says: we have always been at war with our eternal enemey, FF XII.

I wonder if the 2ch posters who hate XII are the same ones who wrote the Amazon reviews about how FFVIII junction was too hard to understand. Seeing as how FF (and DQ) is the one series everyone and their dad plays in Japan, I wonder if all the negative remarks are from those who never play other RPG's and wanted it to be just like how they remembered FFV. We will teach them that ignorance is strength.

shooo-rook
136th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 3 Apr 05:29post reply

quote:
... and made the "dur hur hur here I am" pointy finger curor in FFVII US/International look smart. That's it though, really.

If it wasn't for that mickey mouse glove... I would not have been able to find my way in some of the dungeons (I am not good at puzzles) and especially with those fixed backgrounds I lost myself a couple of times.

quote:
Thank you WIki

Wiki is G=d

Are you slave to the blade?

Zepy
1210th Post

"Re(4):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 3 Apr 05:59post reply

quote:
I wonder if the 2ch posters who hate XII are the same ones who wrote the Amazon reviews about how FFVIII junction was too hard to understand. Seeing as how FF (and DQ) is the one series everyone and their dad plays in Japan, I wonder if all the negative remarks are from those who never play other RPG's and wanted it to be just like how they remembered FFV. We will teach them that ignorance is strength.

You are taking the thread the wrong way heathen!

I am deeply disappointed to see that the thread is almost equally balanced between positive and negatives, If this goes on the universe will be dead and we'll be forced to stare at Van's abs and listen to him say オイヨイヨ again and again.

オイヨイヨ = 飛び降りろ

Maou
814th Post

"Re(5):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 3 Apr 06:13post reply

quote:

You are taking the thread the wrong way heathen!

Aaagh, I repent, please don't re-educate me! I really do hate those sound effects. Man, how I hate them. Damn those sounds. Find me the name of the man who did the sound effects and I will 15-minute-hate him for sure.

quote:
mickey mouse hand

Heh, that hand almost was necessary because of the dumb levels where you'd have to walk millions of miles into the background because it was Square's first 3D Final Fantasy. Remember the Forgotten City?

shooo-rook
138th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Mickey Mouse Glove out of control!!!" , posted Mon 3 Apr 06:56post reply

quote:

mickey mouse hand
Heh, that hand almost was necessary because of the dumb levels where you'd have to walk millions of miles into the background because it was Square's first 3D Final Fantasy. Remember the Forgotten City?

The forgotten city... I forgot about it...

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
That was where aeris was killed... ahh what a glorious day ;)

End of Spoiler

Anyplace in FFVII where it was a distance away... that glove saved my eyes

Are you slave to the blade?

Pollyanna
1713th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(6):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 3 Apr 07:04post reply

I hate the mist knack system. Especially when Basch does his 3 times in a row and I refresh 3 times IN A ROW when I could have continued my combo. It doesn't make sense. It doesn't even BEGIN to make sense.

I hate how some gambits that coudn't possibly be useful yet are available early, and others that would be VERY useful are not.

I hate that I can't call this my favorite Final Fantasy, because it's not Final Fantasy. I used to say "You can like FF7 if you want to, but it's just not FF. By saying it's the best FF, you're saying FF isn't great."

And I hate that while I am normally consumed with negative comments for everything else I play, somehow I find myself making negative comments about a game I'm so enchanted with.

NO. WAIT.

I hate that I got Penelo last. I want more Penelo everywhere all the time, but not for everyone...just for me.

Oh oh! And I hate that there wasn't a cool LE that didn't make you buy a new PS2...and I hate that they don't have large pre-painted vinyl models of all the characters available NOW.

Spoon
1296th Post

"Re(2):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 3 Apr 07:30post reply

quote:
[blablabla]河津[blablabla]
Sorry, I can't join the "anti" side.
And I just played 5 hours of Minstrel Song because of an extremely painful hernia, and you can't deny offline MMORPG are great.
MS is like an offline pre-online MMORPG, while FF12 is an offline post-online MMORPG.
I like the idea.

And the concept of saying "the only FF worth playing are the multiples of 6" as well.

Problem is, 1 is not an integer multiple of 6.

It's funny that there's this whole "MMORPG that isn't MM or O" thing going on with JP RPGs. Many more Western games that were RPGs related much more to this recent label, and they've done so for so long that only recently when JP RPGs started having this crisis of genre that Western RPGs started getting pointed out more as such. There were simply more-linear and less-linear Western RPGs. Some of them don't even resemble "RPGs" at first.

Evenor
356th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(7):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 3 Apr 07:39:post reply

quote:

I hate that I got Penelo last. I want more Penelo everywhere all the time, but not for everyone...just for me.

Penelo!
I think Penelo is disgusting.(In the same way I find Momoko to be disguting) That being said, she is the only character I like from the cast of FFXII.

Did Squarenix make her into the "I am a frail little girl who can only heal!" person of FFXII? What type of Mist Knacks does she have?

Edit: Mist Knacks is the coolest name EVER for Limit Breaks. I hope it doesn' change in the US ver.

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

[this message was edited by Evenor on Mon 3 Apr 07:42]

Krzyzewski Man
1163th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(8):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 3 Apr 07:58post reply

I hate that I don't have a PS2 and can't play it.

If life gives you AIDS make lemon-AIDS!
-Sarah Silverman

exodus
3310th Post

"Re(9):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 3 Apr 10:01post reply

they killed off the character I thought looked cool in the first 2 minutes.

the combat is meant to look more natural and doesn't.

ummmmmm the towns are too big and my shoes hurt.

also the rats you fight are very low polygon. why?

gorgeous
122th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 3 Apr 10:20post reply

quote:

everything is low-polygon.

low-polygon is the new sprite.

Spoon
1297th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 3 Apr 10:32post reply

quote:

everything is low-polygon.

so why not use a single polygon for each entity?

Maou
815th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 3 Apr 10:37post reply

quote:

so why not use a single polygon for each entity?

Mmmm I miss good old SFC Starfox.

Pollyanna
1714th Post

"Re(8):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 3 Apr 10:45post reply

quote:

Penelo!
I think Penelo is disgusting.(In the same way I find Momoko to be disguting) That being said, she is the only character I like from the cast of FFXII.

Did Squarenix make her into the "I am a frail little girl who can only heal!" person of FFXII? What type of Mist Knacks does she have?

She's really not a cutesy-type character. Or at least, not as much as she appears. Her mist knacks are....kinda girly, though.

You can give her an axe and equip her with biting and headbutt and whatever else attacks and she'll do roughly as well as anyone else.

Oh, and the fights look much more "natural" when you turn the battle speed on full. Exciting...

Oh, but if I have to complain, I'll say that I wish the textures in the towns would have a more "illustrative" feel like the characters do (it looks like their faces were painted on...as they probably were). They look amazing, and if the whole game had that feel, it would be absolutely magical. I like the effect so much that it makes the FMV seem sterile in comparison.

NARUTO
3403th Post

"Re(9):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 3 Apr 17:18post reply

Something that I don't really appreciate is that in this FF there is even more Starwars gimmick than in any other...Making some detail/event really pretictable...like this one:

WARNING this spoiler is related to the last boss, so deffinitely don't read if you don't want to spoil yourself!!! I've warned you!

Luke! I'm your father!! Nooooooooo!!!!

End of Spoiler

Tu Fuis Ego eris...Like you I was Like me you'll be...

Maese Spt
208th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 3 Apr 17:48:post reply

Sucks to be a PAL player... I can't take part of the hatred to my heart's content!

Well, at least, this one already has a pair of things I hate: that ugly furry chick (I hope, later in the game, someone would eventually retake the good ol' FF tradition of impaling her, a la Aerith); and the fact that, visually speaking, every friggin' character looks like recycled trash from Nomura's sketch book.

Oh, I nearly forgot: this damned game seems popular and trendy too... more than enough to hate it, amirite?

EDIT: grammar frenzy

MATSUKEN SAMBA!!!

[this message was edited by Maese Spt on Mon 3 Apr 17:50]

Time Mage
2364th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 3 Apr 18:57post reply

quote:
Sucks to be a PAL player... I can't take part of the hatred to my heart's content!

Sucks to be a PAL player, yes... But because I can't play this masterpiece!

I mean, I have only played the demo, I've tried to avoid having many information about the storyline, and even stopped viewing images and trailers some time ago, but...

It's a Matsuno game!

~~~Knowledge is power~~~

Pollyanna
1716th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 3 Apr 19:08post reply

quote:

Well, at least, this one already has a pair of things I hate: that ugly furry chick (I hope, later in the game, someone would eventually retake the good ol' FF tradition of impaling her, a la Aerith); and the fact that, visually speaking, every friggin' character looks like recycled trash from Nomura's sketch book.

Whaaaat? But Nomura didn't even do the designs. They don't look anything like anything Nomura's ever done. I can see someone complaining and saying "these characters look like rejected Vagrant Story designs" or something...but I really don't see the Nomura connection.

I could sooner see people complain that the game isn't "Nomura" enough.

Maese Spt
208th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 3 Apr 19:54post reply

quote:

Whaaaat? But Nomura didn't even do the designs. They don't look anything like anything Nomura's ever done. I can see someone complaining and saying "these characters look like rejected Vagrant Story designs" or something...but I really don't see the Nomura connection.

Really? Well, I dunno if he's the guy in charge of the designs or not, but they sure DO look like Nomura's doing to me... Perhaps Squenix has managed to find a clone of him or something, so he can devote himself to Kigdom Hearts.

Actually, I admit I've only seen like 4 or 5 character designs on random Famitsu scans around the net (sorry, I don't know the names):

- The main character (Vaan, it is?), who looks almost exactly like Tidus from FFX (and like other bazillion of previous FF designs as well)

- The chick: yet another Yuna clone, although she has different hair color, I believe. Anyway, all FF "main chicks" seem to suffer, since looong ago, the Clonic Face syndrome, only changing some hairstyle details from time to time

- Your average cool & witty secondary character, wich looks like a 18th century version of Irvine, from FFVIII

- The supposed bad guy: looks like a fussion between Laguna and Sephiroth. Or, perhaps, like a Malize Micer version of Laguna...

- The bunny chick: she's a furry, yeah, but her design and slutty attitude reminds me of FFX's Lulu a bit too much.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't help the deja vu sensation when I look at the characters... I'm only speaking about design issues, though.

I'm making these comments based only on mere glimpses I have taken over these past months, so I could very well be wrong... but they just look like some random Nomura crap, indeed. If they're actually another guy's doing, then Squenix has a serious creativity issue, since all their designers draw the same shit. IMHO, of course.

Heck, that sure was a hateful post!

MATSUKEN SAMBA!!!

Time Mage
2365th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 3 Apr 20:02post reply

Actually, the first two images of FFXII (The one of Vaan with the apple and Ashe turned around) were indeed quite Nomura-ish, but the rest of them (including subsequent Vaan and Ashe pics) do not have that jpop-like style Nomura has, and indeed resemble other Yoshida designs.

~~~Knowledge is power~~~

Zepy
1212th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 3 Apr 21:59post reply

Thanks to Pollyanna we're all saved from hell.

All the people who're still in hell should watch the first 10 seconds of the oiyoiyo trailer again.

ルーク『俺は悪くねぇ!俺は悪くねぇ!だってヴァン先生が何言ってんのかわかんなかったんだ!』

ヴァン『オイヨイヨ!』

Oiyoiyo theme song

Abster
263th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(6):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 3 Apr 23:40post reply

None of the characters seem that inspired. It's like Saiki said, you're stuffed into a single player MMORPG. On top of that the judges system returns, meaning there are spells or abilities you're forced not to use in combat without penalty. Ashe seems ok but no where near as good as Yuna. Panelo's costume just looks rubbish, and she's nowhere near as cute as Rikku.

For those who want blood in SS Tenka use this template.

Maou
818th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Tue 4 Apr 00:19:post reply

オイヨイヨ主題歌~~~~キタ――――――――――――――――――――
That is wonderful. The cry reminds me of Tailspin's theme.

I need a hate respite. I think as a whole the chara designs are inspired and interesting even if Van looks silly and I wish Amano were in charge. Basch and Ashe are sharp. Ashe looks nothing like Yuna to my eye, nor Fran to Lulu, unless you just count the limits of what they can render at this point as opposed to the designs themselves. And by that line of thought, Stragos looked exactly like Cecil, Tina looked exactly like Rosa, Edgar looked exactly like Edge, all because their face designs in-game are similar.

[this message was edited by Maou on Tue 4 Apr 00:21]

Korigama
99th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(7):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Tue 4 Apr 00:31post reply

IMO, the character design is the least interesting of any recent FF and amounts to one of the least interesting looking RPG casts I can recall aside from the one of Shadow Hearts: From the New World. The battle system doesn't sound too interesting, nor does the license system. The fact that most of the people who worked on this worked on Vagrant Story as well doesn't help, either (I'm probably one of the few people who saw nothing special about it).

exodus
3314th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Tue 4 Apr 02:00post reply

quote:

Whaaaat? But Nomura didn't even do the designs.

probably confused because he did dirge of cerberus.

quote:

seems as though it has been for some time. then cel-shaded was the new low polygon, and now normal mapping is the new everything.

It's just very obvious that certain parts of the game have been done for two years, and just never got messed with.

Pollyanna
1719th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Tue 4 Apr 03:05:post reply

quote:
On top of that the judges system returns, meaning there are spells or abilities you're forced not to use in combat without penalty.

Now you're just making shit up.

As for the character designs, it's not a matter of if they look good or not, it's just that Yoshida and Nomura are about as far apart as artists come. If you want to say "The designs look like Nomura to me" I can't say "your opinion is wrong.", but I challenge you to look at Yoshida's art vs Nomura's and find any similarity whatsoever.

Oh, and I hate the chain system. I mean...well, I don't hate it, but it confuses me. What the hell is the benefit? The only thing it amounts to is that you have to run from certain enemies to keep your "chain" going. And while I appreciate the (false) sense of accomplishment from getting a high chain, it doesn't DO anything for the game.

[this message was edited by Pollyanna on Tue 4 Apr 03:06]

exodus
3318th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Tue 4 Apr 03:17post reply

quote:
On top of that the judges system returns, meaning there are spells or abilities you're forced not to use in combat without penalty.

indeed. there are judges in the game, but they're characters for the story - they don't really impose upon the combat, as far as I know.

my friend who's playing it likes this game a lot though...I'm basing my own complaints on things he's told me that sound disagreeable. But he pretty much likes it.

And he's playing it on my PS2, so he'd better.

Saiki
210th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(8):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Tue 4 Apr 09:26post reply

quote:
Oh, and I hate the chain system. I mean...well, I don't hate it, but it confuses me. What the hell is the benefit? The only thing it amounts to is that you have to run from certain enemies to keep your "chain" going. And while I appreciate the (false) sense of accomplishment from getting a high chain, it doesn't DO anything for the game.

The chain system is the only reasonable way to get money quick. Get into the 50+ chains and the mobs drops a good amount of loot that you can sell.

Pollyanna
1720th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Tue 4 Apr 09:45post reply

quote:

The chain system is the only reasonable way to get money quick. Get into the 50+ chains and the mobs drops a good amount of loot that you can sell.

Yeah, I mean...I know that. What I mean is "what does it do for the GAME?". As in "how is this fun?"

gorgeous
123th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Tue 4 Apr 14:07post reply

quote:

---

seems as though it has been for some time. then cel-shaded was the new low polygon

no, no, you're confusing sub-trends and trends again. get your logistics right!!

cel-shaded was the new sprite back in like 2000. then low-polygon was the new sprite. then cel-shading became the new polygon.

see, cel-shading originally existed to appeal to weirdos, much as sprites existed to appeal to weirdos post-1998.

so.

Iggy
7633th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Tue 4 Apr 16:27post reply

quote:

Oh, I thought making shit up was the real point of an anti thread ? like what Zepy says about the 2ch situation in his first post ?

Maese Spt
210th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(8):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Tue 4 Apr 16:45:post reply

quote:

As for the character designs, it's not a matter of if they look good or not, it's just that Yoshida and Nomura are about as far apart as artists come. If you want to say "The designs look like Nomura to me" I can't say "your opinion is wrong.", but I challenge you to look at Yoshida's art vs Nomura's and find any similarity whatsoever.

You know, I have no idea about how this Yoshida guy's designs looked on previous games, but they sure DO look Nomura-ish this time.

Well, let me rephrase that, maybe you've got me wrong. Actually, I don't recall wether or not I've seen the original designs, the ones by Yoshida's hand. So I'm basing my opinion mostly on the way characters look in game. Then again, I've only seen a few petty scans, so I may very well be wrong... but all the guys I've seen look just like the same FF shit as always, with different outfits at best. Maybe the real problem lies on Squenix' rendering and graphic design staff, who knows...the fact is everyone looks the same to me, with more polygons and flashier textures, but the same nonetheless. Perhaps when I finally see the game in motion I'll have to eat my words up, but hey, this is a hatred thread after all!

Anyway, that Yoshida is the one who made Vagrant Story's designs? If so, I admit his drawing bears little resemblance to Nomura. Well, they share certain taste for awkward fringes, but I guess that's a general trend among japanese drawers nowadays.

MATSUKEN SAMBA!!!

[this message was edited by Maese Spt on Tue 4 Apr 16:49]

exodus
3320th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Tue 4 Apr 17:19post reply

quote:
get your logistics right!!

you can't tell me what to do!

Arngrim
118th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(9):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Tue 4 Apr 17:46:post reply

HATE!!! HATE!!! HATE!!!!!!

I can't believe nobody has complained about the main theme yet ...it's awful.

I'm refering to "Kiss me goodbye" by Angela Aki. Am I the only one suposed to hate that? I don't know, I had sort of great expectations for the main theme -__-; I don't like "Kokoro no senshi" either.

It's not only a bad song but also badly performed by the singer. Well, I also advise you to avoid her performance of "Eyes on me" at all costs.

Also, I consider the feminine cast of FF12 is somewhat plain, uninteresting and even fugly in some cases (do I really have to rely the weight of the sexy character in Fran the furry???), which I find rather disturbing considering the amount of bishies among the masculine cast. I'm not asking for sexual bombers, but I must admit that, for instance, Lulu in FFX caught my eye, while in FF12 none has.

I'm not very aware at the moment but what is the most popular character from the game so far? I bet it isn't a feminine character.

Death!!! But in this place... there is no happiness.

[this message was edited by Arngrim on Tue 4 Apr 18:16]

Shito
0th Post

New Customer

"Anti FF12 thread" , posted Tue 4 Apr 19:47post reply

Penelo needs more love.
Ashe needs more hate.

Or other clothes.

Maese Spt
210th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Tue 4 Apr 20:02post reply

quote:

Also, I consider the feminine cast of FF12 is somewhat plain, uninteresting and even fugly in some cases (do I really have to rely the weight of the sexy character in Fran the furry???), which I find rather disturbing considering the amount of bishies among the masculine cast. I'm not asking for sexual bombers, but I must admit that, for instance, Lulu in FFX caught my eye, while in FF12 none has.

Lol! You made me chortle very hard, but I must admit I totally agree with you.

MATSUKEN SAMBA!!!

Radish
3153th Post

"Re(2):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Tue 4 Apr 20:53post reply

Hmm, if I'm going to play a single player MMORPG, Oblivion is probably much much better.

Shito
2th Post

New Customer

"Re: anti FF12 thread" , posted Tue 4 Apr 23:12:post reply

I don't understand how people can say Oblivion is an offline MMORPG.
FFXII, I can see, ok, but Oblivion, no, it doesn't compute.
Since when MMORPG are open games with a world always matching your level, focusing on funny and interesting sidequests rather than on level grinding ?
Because, you know, I'd very much like to play this MMORPG.

(and on a side note, I find Oblivion utterly destroyed by the roots it's standing on, which is such a shame considering all the good intentions it's showing)

[this message was edited by Shito on Tue 4 Apr 23:13]

Radish
3154th Post

"Re(1):Re: anti FF12 thread" , posted Tue 4 Apr 23:48post reply

ok

Maou
818th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Wed 5 Apr 03:31post reply

quote:
I'm not asking for sexual bombers, but I must admit that, for instance, Lulu in FFX caught my eye, while in FF12 none has.

Ashe is a well-designed female character, less bombastic and silly-looking that Lulu or to a lesser degree Tifa was. I like what happened with Yuna in X looking pretty yet not sexed-up bombshell (X2 never happened), sort of like most of Amano's designs are, and Ashe works well in my mind. Balfear and Basch are cool lookin'. I think the lack of outright anime-style drawings was a strength of early Final Fantasy, and XII's designs have an overall more mature style, too, which is refreshing.

KTallguy
857th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Wed 5 Apr 04:21post reply

I find it hard to hate on the game. I guess I can understand what a shock of a transition it is if you've only been playing FF since 7 and never played Tactics or VS.

The mist knack system is weird though. I don't get it. As Polyanna said, it does do amazing amounts of damage at the beginning of the game. Also, I don't understand what the probability of your character getting a '2 hit', '3 hit' or whatever is. It just seems random. Maybe it's a critical?

Otherwise, I really enjoy the characters (maybe the initial designs are iffy, but when you play the game and experience their personalities, you'll understand), and I think positives outnumber negatives on the battle system. Random encounters/separate battle screens officially suck now.

Proud Supporter of Next Generation GAMEPLAY
"手前は役不足なんだよ!"

exodus
3323th Post

"Re(2):Re: anti FF12 thread" , posted Wed 5 Apr 04:51post reply

quote:
ok

I like this post.

Iggy
7635th Post

"Re(3):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Wed 5 Apr 05:07post reply

It's one thing to say FF12 is bashed on 2ch in an anti thread on a small board, it is another to report the fact (totally false) on a serious news website.

I mean, a website that used to be serious until they let Tim rogers write on the frontpage.

Pollyanna
1724th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Wed 5 Apr 05:52post reply

quote:

Ashe is a well-designed female character, less bombastic and silly-looking that Lulu or to a lesser degree Tifa was.

Are we reversing the hate and starting the healing?

Ashe has a fantastic face. Especially her in-game render. The "painter" effect on everyone's faces looks good. I don't think I've ever played a game with charactrs with such great faces...and noses. I love that Fran has a rabbit face...it's funny looking. She could have been sexier...more feminine, less powerful looking, but instead has he impact. She has "mystique".

But all the girls are like...well...I like their designs because they have sexy costumes, but don't come across as "fan servicy" at all. That wasn't the impression I had when I first saw the renders, but it's changed now that I've played the game. I like "you can be sexy without being a sex object." The FF12 girls have a sort of class.

Ashe is a weird character, though...she doesn't quite act how I expect her to act in any given situation. She's not tremendously original or exciting, but she defies stereotypes like many of the characters do.

But Vaan...is weak.

And yeah...the theme song DOES suck. Well...I haven't heard it in the game yet, so maybe I'll like it more later.

PS: The game ISN'T like an online RPG! ARGH! It's like a normal RPG with SOME online RPG elements. If it was like an offline online RPG, I wouldn't like it. The only thing I like about online RPGs are that they're online.

exodus
3326th Post

"Re(4):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Wed 5 Apr 06:56:post reply

quote:
It's one thing to say FF12 is bashed on 2ch in an anti thread on a small board, it is another to report the fact (totally false) on a serious news website.

your moms! oh, I see the bashing.

oh well! my friend CW likes it, so that's all I need. my only expectations for final fantasy games are that they satisfy his need to stay up for days on end, possibly while drunk.

[edit]
REVEALED!

[this message was edited by exodus on Wed 5 Apr 06:57]

Amakusa
668th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(4):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Wed 5 Apr 12:46post reply

quote:

I mean, a website that used to be serious until they let Tim rogers write on the frontpage.

AWESOME!! Now my excuse to not go to that site has manifested in the form of WORDS!!

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Zepy
1218th Post

"Anti Tim thread" , posted Wed 5 Apr 13:57post reply

quote:
totally false

__,, --- 、_
                 __ノ''、'、tヽ‐<` ゝ_、
                /'=ミ|!|`>,、lヾ、l __ ヽ,
                l.|  Y'' ´ ヽl、ヽ|γ) ノ
                |ィリ .ゝ, iィニフ|`lノ|.{Sノ|
                 Y.、 l、l__,  ノ l/! イ'y|
                   ヽ,!.`ヽ-ニニ)' /l_ゝ、.、__
                  `  "...,,∠.‐'´_-| .l `''''  フニ‐ヽ
                   __// /〈ンニ彡|  'l   /    ヽ_
                _s‐'ソ/ノ、.ノ-、|´ /__, -'  /     .`ヽ
               /' 〉yUy`、ノ_ |`.//` ‐、,  ;;       ゝ、
             ,- './ ノヽ, lフ!、_lT/ ./  /  -i!        `
            ノ  / __〉'´`7-、| l'  ./  /    l
          /  .l r'..`'<-y'〉-'   /  /'     ゝ、 / ,...
         ./___,,,('''`'.、_ン-..) '´    ノ /       /''フ'´
┌‐────┐   /`ヽ、__)'`y`lo    l /       .//
│ ミツルギ |.  /テ-、_`フ=-'、ノ     |/      _/´
├───‐─┴─────────────────────
|ばかな!このスレは偽証拠とでもいうのか!

└───────────────────────────

Iggy
7639th Post

"Re(1):Anti Tim thread" , posted Wed 5 Apr 17:44:post reply

CURSES ! The board ate my post.
Let's do it again.

So, you're looking for FF information in the FF/DQ board ? You must be like... like someone very bizarre. And courageous. But mostly bizarre.

Oh well.
So :

(I'm taking only the threads that appear to talk about the game. Threads like "I would like to see a FF12 movie" or noise/fun threads around the game are left out, and so are "Seriously, what do you think about the game" which are neither Pro nor anti. And I guess people that talk about a specific aspect of the game are pro-, since they are playing it enough to toy around with the systems)

Pro FF12 threads on most of 2ch (ノーマル編)

■はなぜFF12をGCで出さなかったのだ!
FF12の「シームレスバトル」は、次世代RPGの標準に (in the Hard board)
FF12が神ゲー過ぎて他のRPGができない
FF12 ファイナルファンタジー12 攻略スレ PART41
FF12 レアモンスター+ドロップ情報交換スレ 2匹目
ガンビット考察スレ ff12 ファイナルファンタジー12
〔はしゅまりむ〕FF12召喚まとめスレ〔マティウス〕

Anti

FF12よりエースコンバット0買うナイスガイ集まれ
【ファミ通クロレビ】FF12よりオモロイゲームを挙げるスレ【満点】
FF12が全く綺麗に見えなかった
FF12 飽きた呆れた解約した
FF12はどこに行っても在庫たっぷりですね^^
FF12、二週目200万本で230万本も売れない 5
FF12が糞すぎたおかげでリアルゼルダのデキに涙
FF12が糞ゲーだった・・・(´・ω・`)ショボーン(thread built one week before the release of the game)

(also, for those interested and not aware of it, FF12 doesn't work with HDA)

Pro FF12 threads on the FF/DQ boards (信者編)

( ´∀`)FF12アンチが糞な件について(・∀・ )
[FF12]武器について
■ FF12交易品情報交換スレッド Part6 ■
■FINAL FANTASY XII~FF12スレッド~ver.0517■
■ FF12 初歩で困った椰子専用スレ 2■
こんなFF12は嫌だ。
そんな風に考えていたFF12
なんでFF12は面白いミニゲームがないの?
▼FF12 Lv上げ・LP/金稼ぎ等総合研究所 Part 2▼
松野信者専用FF12 スレッドvol.15
FF12 を FFT2 と思ったら神ゲー
FF12 最強の矛 10本目
FF12 遅い人用スレ part14
FF12全クリア報告スレ
FF12いろんな意味で遅い人の情報交換・質問スレ
FF12やった香具師がFF11に興味を持つスレ
FF12やりこみ
FF12とFF6はどっちが面白いか徹底討論するスレ
FF12で心に残ったセリフを語ろうぜ
FF12を糞っていうヤシちょっとこい
FF12は少なくともFF10よりは面白い
FF12は果たして300万本以上売れるのか?6
FF12のミゲロはエロカワイイ
FF12のドレイスは鎧がキモカワイイ
FF12のジャッジマスターを語るスレ
FF12の「バトル」は、次世代RPGの標準になる
FF12召喚獣情報スレ2
FF12制限プレイ・やり込みスレ
FF12普通に面白いでしょ?
FF12初動 1 7 0 万 本  3週目
FF12インターナショナル版や12-2に望むこと
FF12キャラの最も似合う武器を考えてみる
FF12スタッフロールで吉田神のイラストに感動した奴
FF12進行状況報告スレ【日記帳】
結論、FF12は懐古には神ゲー
●FF12 取り返しのつかないものをあげていくスレ●
【育成】 ライセンス専用スレッドその3 【FF12】
【最強は】FF12 最も苦戦したボス【誰だ】
【FF12】俺たちはアンチにだまされた訳だが…
【FF12】AsheアーシェPart8【あーしゃん】
【FF12】レックスについて語るスレ part-1【Reks】
【FF12】バッガモナンの感動ストーリー【敵役】
【FF12】シナリオ考察part9【ネタバレOK】
【FF12】人気の無い武器にスポットを当てる【斧】
【ハゲ】FF12のレダスは禿カッコイイ【ヒゲ】
【サブ】 FF12:クリア後攻略スレ 【ストーリー】

Anti

【FM5】FM5>>>FF12は決定的【FF12】
【アミバ】FF12のヴェインについて【ブロリー】
【FF12】ゆとり世代がゲームをダメにする【糞ゲ論】
【FF12】ようやくしおらしくなった松野信者【SW】
【徹底】なぜFF12は失敗したのか【討論】
【豚に】野村世代はFF12やるな【真珠】
【売るなら】FF12中古売却情報交換スレ【今のうち】
★★★ FF12の 売却価格 ★★★
mk2でFF12の評価がDwwwwwwww
FF12シドに萌えるスレ
FF12最大の長所ってさ
FF12価格大暴落
FF12のサボテン一家かわいい(´∀`)
FF12はドラッケンに匹敵するくそげ
FF12を無理矢理誉めるスレ
なぜ、FF12は発売初週176万本しか売れなかったのか
正直、DQ8>FF12だと思う Part2
正直FF12より10、7のが遥かに面白かったと思う奴→
FF12が糞な件について111
レイプはやめて
FF12とうんこ
FF12より糞なゲムはFF9wwwwwwwwww
FF12に足りなかったもの
真・女神転生Ⅲの閉じたシャッターはエロカワイイpart2

The best thread of all :
アンサガ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FF12 (only 10 posts ! (´・ω・`)ショボーン)

What I'm saying is that there are pro- and anti-, the game is not "bashed on 2ch". The ratio of Kôryaku/positive talk about the game can also mean that this time, the explanation "they are too busy playing it to discuss it" has a lot of truth.
You are free to see only the 2/3 that fits your way of thinking. But doing so on the frontpage of a serious website and calling it "journalism" is just stupid. I KNEW I shouldn't have listened to Brandon.

Also, let me say I'm neither a pro- nor an anti- yet. I have the game, but I've been too busy playing Minstrel Song (again) and Metal Saga to even open the box. I'm just saying it for the sake of objectivity.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Wed 5 Apr 17:47]

Zepy
1219th Post

"Re(2):Anti Tim thread" , posted Wed 5 Apr 19:36post reply

quote:
What I'm saying is that there are pro- and anti-

Man, that's all you had to say! You didn't have to go through the trouble of getting all the threads and classifying them!

It's just your original post seemed to completely disregard all the anti.

On a side note, I actually don't regard kouryaku threads threads & character loving threads as pro FF12, because I think the Iris series is a kusoge series but I like a few characters and yarikomi the games anyway. And I regarded the sales threads as negative because they were talking about how little the game has sold.

But that's just my vision.

Iggy
7639th Post

"Re(3):Anti Tim thread" , posted Wed 5 Apr 19:51post reply

quote:
Man, that's all you had to say! You didn't have to go through the trouble of getting all the threads and classifying them!

Of course I had to. The realestest point of this reply was to allow me to point out the two most interesting threads I have read in ages.
(Hint : they are in the FF/DQ anti part of the post)

Radish
3155th Post

"Re(2):Anti Tim thread" , posted Wed 5 Apr 20:08post reply

quote:

I like this post.

My work here is done

quote:
The best thread of all :
アンサガ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FF12 (only 10 posts ! (´・ω・`)ショボーン)

Now that's just being mean.

I talk big about not getting this game, but I know deep in my heart that this will be just like every game Nippon Ichi releases that I bitch about being terrible but I ultimately get anyway. I then lock myself in a closet and beat myself with a scarlett NI carved on my chest.

To actually try and add something constructive, is the guy leading this game the Romancing Saga guy or the Tactics Ogre/Vagrant Story guy? I know one of them had that nervous breakdown and quit and I'm pretty sure that was the ex-Quest member. It's kinda sad since I'd rather him make another game in the Ogre Battle series and it kinda sounded like working on FFXII burnt him out. Overall this game should be at least decent if he had something to do with the project.

CHAZumaru
382th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):Anti Tim thread" , posted Wed 5 Apr 23:21post reply

Matsuno (Quest guy) was directing the game, then had a few "health issues" so Kawazu (SaGa guy) took over to finish the game. They are both credited in the opening credits and staff roll, and Matsuno is also credited for the scenario. The rest of the team is 90% Matsuno's squad.

Of course if you get me drunk enough I can tell you what really happened, but Iggy missed that opportunity last time we met (even though he cleverly let me drink all the beer).

NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 Z80 AND SH-2 HEART ON FIRE !!

Time Mage
2368th Post

"Re(4):Anti Tim thread" , posted Thu 6 Apr 00:27post reply

quote:
"health issues"

If you know it, don't hide it!

~~~Knowledge is power~~~

Radish
3158th Post

"Re(4):Anti Tim thread" , posted Thu 6 Apr 00:31:post reply

quote:
Of course if you get me drunk enough I can tell you what really happened, but Iggy missed that opportunity last time we met (even though he cleverly let me drink all the beer).

Oh could you please. It better involve Queen somehow.

[this message was edited by Radish on Thu 6 Apr 00:32]

Ishmael
2438th Post

"Re(5):Anti Tim thread" , posted Thu 6 Apr 00:34post reply

quote:
"health issues"

If you know it, don't hide it!

Video game fans love to gossip as much as old women. You can't toss something like that out and not explain yourself.

Iggy
7641th Post

"Re(6):Anti Tim thread" , posted Thu 6 Apr 00:42post reply

quote:
Video game fans love to gossip as much as old women. You can't toss something like that out and not explain yourself.

This all a scheme to make me drug him and abuse him, something he has waited me to do for years now.
Please, don't interfere.

CHAZumaru
383th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(7):Anti Pasti thread" , posted Thu 6 Apr 01:24post reply

quote:

This all a scheme to make me drug him and abuse him, something he has waited me to do for years now.
Please, don't interfere.

I have been jealous of Brandon ever since he described those nights at your place with tears of happiness in his eyes. Though, considering a lady friend is apparently planning to offer me a goodbye fuck tonight, you obviously missed your chance to discoverNwho'sOtheMbadUguyRatASquenix.

NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 Z80 AND SH-2 HEART ON FIRE !!

Zepy
1220th Post

"Re(4):Anti Tim thread" , posted Thu 6 Apr 01:54post reply

quote:
Matsuno (Quest guy) was directing the game, then had a few "health issues" so Kawazu (SaGa guy) took over to finish the game. They are both credited in the opening credits and staff roll, and Matsuno is also credited for the scenario. The rest of the team is 90% Matsuno's squad.

Just a on-topic but off-topic thing, No.44 on the Mob list is 神, who we'll assume is Kawazu, and No.45 is Yazzmat, who's "Yazz" Matsuno.

A very interesting thing about the game is that if you look for the old interviews with Matsuno, his comments about the storyline actually had Vaan as the main character with Ashe, and is quite different from the current storyline.

How did the bad guy get to affect Matsuno anyway? NEEDS MORE DETAILS.

Saiki
211th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(5):Anti Tim thread" , posted Thu 6 Apr 08:30post reply

quote:
Just a on-topic but off-topic thing, No.44 on the Mob list is 神, who we'll assume is Kawazu, and No.45 is Yazzmat, who's "Yazz" Matsuno.

ヤズマットis the devil. He has WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY too much hp and heals too fast.

quote:
A very interesting thing about the game is that if you look for the old interviews with Matsuno, his comments about the storyline actually had Vaan as the main character with Ashe, and is quite different from the current storyline.

How did the bad guy get to affect Matsuno anyway? NEEDS MORE DETAILS.

yea, something happened with the storyline.
it gets really sloppy at one point and just kinda......ends.......

Radish
3158th Post

"Re(6):Anti Tim thread" , posted Thu 6 Apr 21:51post reply

quote:
yea, something happened with the storyline.
it gets really sloppy at one point and just kinda......ends.......

It's Suikoden 3 all over again.

You'd think Square would learn that the RS guy is some kind of bizzaro King Midas and everything the touches turns to shit.

Iggy
7643th Post

"Re(7):Anti Tim thread" , posted Thu 6 Apr 22:58post reply

quote:
You'd think Square would learn that the RS guy is some kind of bizzaro King Midas and everything the touches turns to shit.

∧_∧
                  ∧_∧ ´Д`)<Tonfa Kicks !     
              ∧_∧ ´Д`)   )     Dogooo _  /
          ∧_∧ ´Д`)    )  ノ/   ∧ ∧―= ̄ `ヽ,_
      ∧_∧ ´Д`)   )  ノ/  ( 〈 ∧ ∧―= ̄ `ヽ,/ノ_ 
     _(  ´Д`)   ) ノ/  ( 〈 ∧ ∧―= ̄ `ヽ,/、_ \
    /      ) ノ/ ( 〈  ∧ ∧―= ̄ `ヽ,/、_ _\
∩  / ,イ 、  ノ/ ( 〈  ∧ ∧―= ̄ `ヽ,/、_ _\
| | / / |   ( 〈 ∵. ・(   〈__ >  ゛ 、_ _\ |_/
| | | |  ヽ  ー=- ̄ ̄=_、  (/ , ´ノ \  /   〉
| | | |   `iー__=―_ ;, / / / ,' '|  | |_/
| |ニ(!、)   =_二__ ̄_=;, / / , '|  | /   〉
∪     /  /       /  /|  | /   〉|_/
     /  /       !、_/ /   〉|_/
    / _/             |_/
    ヽ、_ヽ

He produced the last 6 month of a game that was being worked on for several years. Do you really think he could interfere deeply in the creative process Matsuno left pending ?
His job was to have the game finished, and he did it.

Maou
821th Post

"Re(8):Anti Tonfa thread" , posted Fri 7 Apr 01:03post reply

quote:

Wahhahahahaha
Also: 奥義:分身トンファ!!
I like to think that by the time I get to the end, the RS influence will have made the finale open-ended like in FF VI.

gorgeous
125th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Fri 7 Apr 14:05post reply

quote:

And what's wrong with being unserious?

Thank you for invoking my name, however!! I get a bigger spurt of thrill out of seeing Iggy type my name (mixed capitalization aside) than from hearing Gabe on the Penny-Arcade.com podcast spitefully growl it.

I mostly wrote the article in a clever attempt to make American people who hated the demo stop hating the game even though they haven't played it. Judging from the hundreds and hundreds of emails I got, well . . . I guess it was half hit, half miss.

They should have left in the good parts, though. I actually did, like, market research (I mean, that's my <i>job</i>), and they cut out everything except the speculation and moaning. Which, in the end, is I guess what life is, speculation and moaning.

When I write a column for them, I tag each paragraph with a series of one to four asteriks. I try to make each paragraph kind of independent. Any one of them can be cut out. The stars indicate my personal preference.

They just happened to start cutting out the paragraphs I like the most, which I guess is the best way to go. Though in this case, I reckon I actually liked the good parts.

. . . Hey Iggy, are you on mixi by any chance?

Iggy
7647th Post

"Re(5):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Fri 7 Apr 17:37post reply

quote:
And what's wrong with being unserious?

What bugs me is that it is done on a news site frontpage. Especially since you have a blog which is the perfect place for this kind of rants.

quote:
Thank you for invoking my name, however!! I get a bigger spurt of thrill out of seeing Iggy type my name (mixed capitalization aside) than from hearing Gabe on the Penny-Arcade.com podcast spitefully growl it.

Giving people a boner is what I do best !

quote:
. . . Hey Iggy, are you on mixi by any chance?

I would rather have my eyeballs removed with an asparagus knife than have any more japanese or wapanese friends, so I guess not.

Olivier Hague
70th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Fri 7 Apr 20:35post reply

quote:
mememememememememememememememememememememe...
I get a bigger spurt of thrill out of seeing Iggy type my name (mixed capitalization aside) than from hearing Gabe on the Penny-Arcade.com podcast spitefully growl it.
...mememememememememememememememememememememe

And naturally:
whinewhinewhinewhinewhinewhinewhinewhine

That's Rogers alright.

Go away? Please?

deisied
396th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(6):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Sun 9 Apr 18:07post reply

Oh snap, dude! You totally won!

Olivier Hague
71th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(7):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Sun 9 Apr 21:21post reply

quote:

I'd be so happy if only I knew what you're talking about. I won what?

Seriously, am I the only one who's annoyed to no end by that name-dropping egocentrical asshole and his arrogant "rockstar attitude" schtick?

Amakusa
669th Post

"Re(7):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 10 Apr 02:36post reply

quote:

How 'bout you come back in five years when you grow out of that baby talk.

deisied
398th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(8):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 10 Apr 13:48:post reply

quote:
I'd be so happy if only I knew what you're talking about. I won what?

The e-Testicular Fortitude Contest, clearly. It's really not any harder to find a post of yours somewhere with variations of the phrase "THAT'S ROGERS FOR YA, ZING!" than it is to find some piece of writing where tim's being self-indulgent. You'd prove your point a whole lot more clearly if you went away yourself, honestly. At least, if you went away with putting any more effort into trying to look interesting by acting like you're the only person to ever voice out against him or something. Give it a rest. It's not going to go anywhere. I know for a fact your time is spent far more effectively elsewhere.

quote:

That was kind of a strange thing to post. I have to imagine you'd be able to understand the possibility of me being sarcastic with my choice of language there.

[this message was edited by deisied on Mon 10 Apr 13:50]

Amakusa
671th Post

"Re(9):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 10 Apr 15:43:post reply

quote:

That was kind of a strange thing to post. I have to imagine you'd be able to understand the possibility of me being sarcastic with my choice of language there.

And yet you weren't wise enough to notice that sarcasm doesn't work in text type. Either that, or you switched positions to backpedal saying something really stupid.

[this message was edited by Amakusa on Mon 10 Apr 15:45]

Pollyanna
1735th Post

"Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 10 Apr 17:01post reply

quote:

And yet you weren't wise enough to notice that sarcasm doesn't work in text type. Either that, or you switched positions to backpedal saying something really stupid.

Honestly...who says " Oh snap, dude! You totally won!" sincerely?

In other news, the more I play FF12, the less I like it. But...it's not like it's bad...it's like a really cool shirt that's full of holes. Or maybe, more like...stains. And the stains...well, they aren't so bad if you just look at the shirt. It's a cool shirt. It's even okay with the stains, but if you really look at it, it sure is a shame that such an awesome shirt has so many little stains on it.

But, hating it based on the demo/internet talk is still silly.

deisied
398th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 10 Apr 21:12post reply

quote:

I don't see what being "wise" has to do with it. I really just don't agree with that statement at all. Sarcasm is very much context, language, tone and humor. People seem to think the only basis for sarcasm is how you raise and lower certain words in a sentence with your voice. That's not really the case. Chances are you wouldn't have been any more likely to detect it in spoken word if that's the only way you can manage to figure it out.

Olivier Hague
72th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(9):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 10 Apr 21:52post reply

quote:
It's really not any harder to find a post of yours somewhere with variations of the phrase "THAT'S ROGERS FOR YA, ZING!" than it is to find some piece of writing where tim's being self-indulgent.

Oh, it certainly is.
quote:
You'd prove your point a whole lot more clearly if you went away yourself, honestly.

Yeah, I'm such a regular poster. I'm sure you'd notice it instantly.
quote:
At least, if you went away with putting any more effort into trying to look interesting by acting like you're the only person to ever voice out against him or something.

That's rich.
Yeah, that's totally what I'm trying to do. You got me.
Wow.

deisied
399th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 10 Apr 22:06post reply

quote:
You got me.

quote:
Seriously, am I the only one who's annoyed to no end by that name-dropping egocentrical asshole and his arrogant "rockstar attitude" schtick?

Olivier Hague
74th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Mon 10 Apr 22:21:post reply

quote:

That was more in reaction to a mail I got from another poster on this board, actually.
He/she apparently had a problem with me telling Rogers to "go away". I guess that might sound presumptuous of me to say that, as I can't speak for everybody on this board, obviously. Hence "seriously, am I the only one[...]".

Not that you would know about any of that.

Seriously, dude. You're wasting your time, here. I'm not trying to compete with Rogers "e-fame" wise. God forbid.
But the very fact that you didn't even think of something else other than a "e-Testicular Fortitude Contest" may be revealing as to the way you view things! (<- see, I can do that, too! it's so fun!)

[this message was edited by Olivier Hague on Mon 10 Apr 22:49]

deisied
400th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Tue 11 Apr 06:43post reply

Whee!

dragon-warrior
1255th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Tue 11 Apr 06:58:post reply

I just finished the game!
cons:
-the most annoying thing was Ashe clothing... come on i know fan service ROCKs but this is an over kill, what kind of a princess dress like that?....maybe there is , but it just annoyed the hell out of me to o sluty.

-Vaan doesn't have much character

specially when compared with Balflear who is the hero of the game " he say so many times in the game"

End of Spoiler

-music is awsome but not as catchy as the previous FFs.
-Judges ....

i was expecting more specially from Gabrath.

End of Spoiler

-the last Boss is

easy not as Yu Yevon but easy.

End of Spoiler

- i wish there was more easter eggs in the game.

[this message was edited by dragon-warrior on Tue 11 Apr 07:05]

Pollyanna
1736th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Tue 11 Apr 09:01post reply

quote:

What do you mean by "easter eggs?". There are certainly tons of optional quests and bosses from previous FF games. Of course, half of them are too irritating to bother with. At least with my limited patience.

dragon-warrior
1255th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Tue 11 Apr 10:30post reply

quote:

What do you mean by "easter eggs?". There are certainly tons of optional quests and bosses from previous FF games. Of course, half of them are too irritating to bother with. At least with my limited patience.

yeah i just knew 2 summons were FFIV and FFV final Bosses Zeromus and EXDEATH , and Gilgamesh (he hold squal cloud and tadius swords.

End of Spoiler

what else ?

Evenor
372th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Tue 11 Apr 11:38:post reply

quote:
the last Boss is

easy, not as easy as Yu yevon but easy

End of Spoiler

It's not like I wasn't expecting it but that's a total dissapointment.

Edit: Is it as

ugly and poorly designed as Yu Yevon's corporeal form?

End of Spoiler

シュガーフォークフル

[this message was edited by Evenor on Tue 11 Apr 11:46]

dragon-warrior
1256th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Tue 11 Apr 12:33post reply

quote:
the last Boss is

It's not like I wasn't expecting it but that's a total dissapointment.

Edit: Is it as

it was Okay... not kefka but much better than 8 9 10 Bosses.

Iggy
7653th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Tue 11 Apr 16:21post reply

quote:

I think I read Typhon (the pink wind monster from FFVI) was in it... Is it true ? He was a summon in Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon 2, I liked.

End of Spoiler

Pollyanna
1737th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Tue 11 Apr 17:22post reply

There's also...

Chaos and to a lesser degree, Phunbaba, Antlion and Ultros. Well...I don't know that it's Ultros because I don't know if that's how his name was written in Japanese, but there's a definite resemblance at least and the spelling is close.

There's also Monteblanc and Nono of course, as well as a number of random characters that happen to have the same names as random characters in FFTA.
Any more would be gratuitous.

End of Spoiler

Iggy: I don't think so, but I haven't seen everything by a long shot. I haven't even won it yet. I've been spoiled on a number of secrets, but thankfully, not on any plot points.

Also, the game has such a large number of challenging optional bosses that an easy last boss wouldn't be too much of a letdown for me. And...I never considered Yevon the "real" last boss in FF10,...more like the cinematic waste of time battle after the real fight.

Mm-mm...I liked the last boss in FF8 (in terms of design, not challenge) and I liked that the FF9 boss fight was short, but dangerous.

Iggy
7656th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Tue 11 Apr 18:41post reply

Pollyanna : thanks, I meant "Phunbaba" actually. I thought the monster was called Tymphoon or Tyuphon or something, then only said "Phunbaba". But I guess my memory is even less reliable than I thought. Either way, I meant the pink ugly thing you fight with Ortros on the plane, then in the collosseum in the second world.

End of Spoiler

I really should stop talking about the game and finally open the box and try it. It's been, what, two weeks ?

Pollyanna
1739th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Tue 11 Apr 19:05post reply

Iggy:

No no, you're right. He was called "Chupon" in America. I haven't seen him in the game (nor have I heard anything about him). Phunbaba is the large, fat monster that was plaguing the people in the village where you get Tina back on your team. Or...something. My memory of FF6 is hazy at best.

There could be an English/Japanese name issue, here...but I think you were right in the first place, and that's not Phunbaba.

End of Spoiler

Iggy
7657th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Tue 11 Apr 19:36post reply

Oh ! I totally forgot about him.
He was also using the wind spell that blew away characters from the fight area, so I confused one with the other I guess.
I suppose I read "Phunbaba was in the game" and thought about the pink ugly monster. My error.

So Chupon was only in Chocobo no fushigi na dungeon 2. I should play that game again.

End of Spoiler

Maou
827th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Wed 12 Apr 04:00:post reply

Huzzah, you're both right!
sensitive FFVI spoilers:

Yeah, the pink sneezer is Typhon (mistranslated Chupon in US), and his zany octupus partner was Orthros (mistranslated Ultros). There WAS the big green Humbaba (mistranslated Phunbaba) monster who attacked Tina and company in Molbiz, and he had the same sneezing action of good old Mister Typhon.

End of Spoiler

[this message was edited by Maou on Wed 12 Apr 04:05]

Arngrim
122th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Wed 12 Apr 05:19post reply

Wasn't Chupon in FF7 as a summon also?

End of Spoiler

Ok, I'm listening to the soundtrack. I'm kinda disappointed... I don't think it will be much remembered among the FF fans... I mean, I'm even listening to the final bosses battles tracks and... well... let's say no tune will stay in my mind ^^U

...the whole soundtrack is so plain. Beatiful, melodic, exquisitely orchestrated... but plain, unimaginative and forgetable. They should have risked more in the soundtrack, IMHO, a lot of tracks sound dangerously similar (and when I say a lot, I'm refering to more than 30 tracks).

And WTF is that cover on "Clash on the Big Bridge"??? Are they crazy? Is sounds so soft that it doesn't even seems a Boss Battle theme!!!

End of Spoiler

To sum up: boring soundtrack.

Even though, now that I know that

There is a secret event battle with Gilgamesh, and he fights you with various swords from Square and Enix games such as Cloud's Buster Sword, Sephiroth's Masamune, Squall's Revolver, Zidane's dagger, Tidus's Brotherhood, and Loto's Sword and that his special attack is called Kyuukyoku Gensou (JP: 究極幻想) (or "Final Fantasy")

End of Spoiler

, solely this makes me want this game.

...Oh God! I'm such a fanboy!!! *guffaws*

Further spoiler with image link:

When defeated Gilgamesh will leave behind Loto's Sword, now called the Legendary Sword. Loto is the hero from Dragon Quest III, btw.

The kanji means "fake".

Source: mostly copypasta from the Wikipedia

End of Spoiler

Toxico
4154th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Wed 12 Apr 05:21post reply

One more past related spoiler...

You are speaking of Typhon (mistranslated Chupon in the U.S.) appareances but you didn't mention that he was a summon in FFVII; I think that he was named Tupon there, I can't remember that well

... He was called TYPOON

End of Spoiler

See??? He is a God...

dragon-warrior
1257th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Wed 12 Apr 05:25post reply

Loto sword?!?!? OMG must see this! does it drop lighting after he attacks?

End of Spoiler

Maou
827th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Wed 12 Apr 05:42post reply

Toxico:

Yeah, you're right, he did totally pop up in FFVII, what a weird summon he was. I remember you found him in that weird frog forest puzzle, so it was all the stranger. Not that it mattered, since the personalities of the summon monsters in FFVII were nonexistent. Right about him being misnamed Typhoon (um, nice try, Square USA/Sony) in the English version, I shudder when I remember playing that game in English...

End of Spoiler

Arngrim
123th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Wed 12 Apr 06:36post reply

quote:
Toxico:

Don't even ask about the spanish version of the game!!!

"Merma" and "se une a la fiesta" are still remembered nowadays as the funniest translations ever.

dragon-warrior
1258th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Thu 13 Apr 09:19post reply

the movie of Gilgamesh , he shows all the sword very clearly.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8hzobYKtAhg&search=Gilgamesh

End of Spoiler

Zepy
1230th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Thu 13 Apr 18:36post reply

It's cool to talk in spoiler mode

I don't know why nobody mentions this, but you can get Loto's sword(called Toro no ken in the game) if you collect the items from defeating Yazzmat and Omega + the item from fishing.

The character that equips it will switch to use DQ sound effects.

End of Spoiler

Toxico
4156th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Fri 14 Apr 01:45post reply

quote:
It's cool to talk in spoiler mode

Yes, it makes me feel special.

I wonder if loto's sword will be called erdrick sword in the US version (Erdrick -> Loto's name in the US)... And it's funny how this anti FF XII thread became a pro snes FF thread...

Question -> Is the item that Omega dropped the Omega medal (it was on SNES).

End of Spoiler

See??? He is a God...

Zepy
1234th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):Re(10):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Sat 15 Apr 16:31post reply

I just finished the game at 36 hours game time yesterday. 30:00:00 to 35:00:00 was spent inside a single wonderful dungeon.

The story feels like it got cut at Leviathan. All the events after that feels so... irrelevant. To everything.

Ashe's problem with "お前" never ended up meaning anything! Same for her sudden fixation with freedom at the end.

Batsu
131th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Anti FF12 thread" , posted Sun 16 Apr 13:50post reply

quote:
in 2ch the FF12 kusoge thread has already reached it's 105th thread

LMAO @ "kusoge"

Capcom's Corporate Champ!

Snowstorm: Future Gas Face Recipient.