River City Skies - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1580 Views )

Tai-Pan
99th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Occasional Customer

"River City Skies" , posted Mon 27 Mar 14:12:post reply

http://www.durango82.com/vanillasky.html

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

[this message was edited by Tai-Pan on Mon 27 Mar 14:17]

Replies:

Iggy
7610th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):River City Skies" , posted Mon 27 Mar 17:01post reply

So, the sound is actually the sound of the last scene of the movie, right ?

Good thing I didn't see it and stayed with the original movie.

Tai-Pan
101th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):River City Skies" , posted Mon 27 Mar 23:07post reply

quote:

Yeah, its the sound of the movie.
Anyway, there's good stuff over there for fans of Techno games even if you are not interested in Vanilla Sky.

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Iggy
7612th Post

"Re(3):River City Skies" , posted Mon 27 Mar 23:10:post reply

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
By "original movie", I meant Amenabar's, not Vanilla sky.

End of Spoiler

Either way... oh well. Uninspired flash movies with sprites sooner or later had to replace uninspired sprite-based webcomics, I guess.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Mon 27 Mar 23:11]

Tai-Pan
102th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):River City Skies" , posted Mon 27 Mar 23:20post reply

quote:

Either way... oh well. Uninspired flash movies with sprites sooner or later had to replace uninspired sprite-based webcomics, I guess.

So I was right, at first I had thought you were talking about Amenabar's, which is the first VS movie I saw, either way, I prefer the second movie, but just because some personal tastes and my problem to understand Spanish people speaking, even if Spanish is my first language.

Iggy
7612th Post

"Re(5):River City Skies" , posted Tue 28 Mar 00:08post reply

quote:
So I was right, at first I had thought you were talking about Amenabar's

Actually I was, and when I saw your answer I thought it would be more fun to be my usual mean self !

quote:
my problem to understand Spanish people speaking, even if Spanish is my first language.

Ah ?
That's weird, how is that ? Is "Spanish Spanish" even more different to "American Spanish" than british and american english ?

Arngrim
109th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):River City Skies" , posted Tue 28 Mar 01:02post reply

quote:

That's the same I did.

"Abre los ojos" >>>>>>> "Vanilla Sky"

Death!!! But in this place... there is no happiness.

Tai-Pan
103th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):River City Skies" , posted Tue 28 Mar 01:50post reply

quote:

Ah ?
That's weird, how is that ? Is "Spanish Spanish" even more different to "American Spanish" than british and american english ?

(I noticed you were being mean, lol)

Yes, I learned british english, and I found very difficult to understand americans, but after some years with my american girlfriend, I became fluent in american english.
You probably have noticed that in some movies or with some actors, its just hard to understand what they are saying, they mumble too much. I find it hard sometimes to understand even movies from my own country (Argentina). Ok, about Spanish movies; spanish actors speak really fast and their pronunciation is very weird, its like the difference between americans and british.
The thing is, I don't need subtitles for Argentinian or American movies, but I need subtitles for Spanish and British movies.