Kingdom Hearts 2 release thread - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2183 Views )

talbaineric
6232th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Kingdom Hearts 2 release thread" , posted Mon 27 Mar 09:20post reply

Countdown: 2 more days

Man, I'm so excited! I can't wait to play this!

Has anyone gotten a chance to play the NA version yet? Perhaps obtain an early copy? What are your impressions of it?

I work on cruise ships now so I won't be able to buy it the day it comes out. But I plan on getting it either in New York when we dock or when I come back home in April.

TALBAINANDCAMMY.COM! Celebrating 3 years of T&C Fanship.
My Deviantart place! TE loves Deviantart!

Replies:

Cain Highwind
676th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Kingdom Hearts 2 release thread" , posted Mon 27 Mar 09:39post reply

quote:

Has anyone gotten a chance to play the NA version yet? Perhaps obtain an early copy? What are your impressions of it?

I work on cruise ships now so I won't be able to buy it the day it comes out. But I plan on getting it either in New York when we dock or when I come back home in April.

You work on a cruise ship? That must be pretty cool. Anyway, I've put a good $90 on the game and the Limited Edition strategy guide, but I have it on EBsaver shipping which means it'll take a good few days to reach me.

Shooo-rook
131th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Kingdom Hearts 2 release thread" , posted Tue 28 Mar 09:53post reply

quote:

*DEVIATING FROM THREAD*

How is the life out at sea? what do you do on the cruise ship...?

Are you slave to the blade?

OmegaDog
1592th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):Kingdom Hearts 2 release thread" , posted Tue 28 Mar 14:37post reply

quote:
what do you do on the cruise ship...?

He lures in foreign terrorists onto the ship and stealthily assassinates them one by one!

... oh, and he runs around in a cardboard box a lot.

('sup TE!)

"So... IT'S FLITZ TIME EVERYBODY!" || CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 21

talbaineric
6233th Post

"KH2 OUT NOW!" , posted Wed 29 Mar 04:27post reply

quote:

*DEVIATING FROM THREAD*

No probs.

I'm a seasonal youth counselor aboard the Norwegian Dawn cruise ship, part of the NCL fleet. I work with the kids keeping them entertained and play games and listen to their bitchy parents complain about the program and what not (lol). This one cruises all over the Caribbean. Been to SOO many places in the past month and a half since I joined back in Feb. 12. It's REALLY hard work and a hard life to get used to. The life at sea is rocky (I got seasick finally this past week and blew chunks for shizzle) but it has it's moments. When I'm in all the ports of call chilling in Cozumel or climbing Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica, it's all worth it somehow.

LOL Omegadog was close, I do assisinate them on the sidelines ha ha! :D

KH2 IS RELEASED TODAY!!!!!!!!!! ARGGH!! AND I CAN'T PLAY IT TILL I GET HOME! >_<

Shooo-rook
132th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):KH2 OUT NOW!" , posted Wed 29 Mar 06:23post reply

quote:

*DEVIATING FROM THREAD*

No probs.

I'm a seasonal youth counselor aboard the Norwegian Dawn cruise ship, part of the NCL fleet. I work with the kids keeping them entertained and play games and listen to their bitchy parents complain about the program and what not (lol). This one cruises all over the Caribbean. Been to SOO many places in the past month and a half since I joined back in Feb. 12. It's REALLY hard work and a hard life to get used to. The life at sea is rocky (I got seasick finally this past week and blew chunks for shizzle) but it has it's moments. When I'm in all the ports of call chilling in Cozumel or climbing Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica, it's all worth it somehow.

KH2 IS RELEASED TODAY!!!!!!!!!! ARGGH!! AND I CAN'T PLAY IT TILL I GET HOME! >_<

That's pretty interesting... Why can't you play it till you get home... You should stage a scavenger hunt in like the mainland port's like the port of Miami... Send a few kids off ship, and then have a checklist... 1. Ps2 2. Plasma screen TV 3. KH2 4. M-16s(to kill the terrorists) where is your home??? how did you get this job?

Are you slave to the blade?

talbaineric
6234th Post

"Re(2):KH2 OUT NOW!" , posted Thu 30 Mar 04:28post reply

quote:

*DEVIATING FROM THREAD*

No probs.

That's pretty interesting... Why can't you play it till you get home... You should stage a scavenger hunt in like the mainland port's like the port of Miami... Send a few kids off ship, and then have a checklist... 1. Ps2 2. Plasma screen TV 3. KH2 4. M-16s(to kill the terrorists) where is your home??? how did you get this job?

Albuquerque, New Mexico.

I applied on the internet, originally through Disney, but Disney weren't hiring so they put me on Norwegian.

NARUTO
3396th Post

"Re(3):KH2 OUT NOW!" , posted Thu 30 Mar 17:33post reply

quote:
Albuquerque, New Mexico.

I applied on the internet, originally through Disney, but Disney weren't hiring so they put me on Norwegian.

Well working on a cruise ship should be interesting, and you should see a lot's a differenr stuff too...

Tu Fuis Ego eris...Like you I was Like me you'll be...

Tai-Pan
105th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):KH2 OUT NOW!" , posted Thu 30 Mar 21:30post reply

quote:

On the internet? Disney? Ships?

BTW, how do you get access to a computer and internet while on board? You have your own?

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

talbaineric
6236th Post

"Re(4):KH2 OUT NOW!" , posted Fri 31 Mar 05:11:post reply

quote:

On the internet? Disney? Ships?

BTW, how do you get access to a computer and internet while on board? You have your own?

We have a little area of computers that crew are allowed to use. It's not cheap. We pay $20 for an internet card. It's 0.10 cents a minute. And yeah, I have a laptop. But I left it at home...and I regret it now ><.

*realizes he's off topic*

Do the Pirates of the Caribbean actors from the movie voice the characters in the game?

[this message was edited by talbaineric on Fri 31 Mar 05:12]

Cain Highwind
679th Post

"Re(5):KH2 OUT NOW!" , posted Fri 31 Mar 08:34post reply

quote:

Do the Pirates of the Caribbean actors from the movie voice the characters in the game?

Not 100% confirmed to my knowledge but apparently, Depp (Jack Sparrow) and Bloom (Will Turner) are missing, but word is Keira Knightley (Elizabeth) and Geoffrey Rush (Barbossa) are in.
Again, just what I've heard. I know for a fact that Crispin Freeman does Will Turner because I heard it from the man himself :)

talbaineric
6236th Post

"Re(6):KH2 OUT NOW!" , posted Sat 1 Apr 08:57post reply

quote:

Not 100% confirmed to my knowledge but apparently, Depp (Jack Sparrow) and Bloom (Will Turner) are missing, but word is Keira Knightley (Elizabeth) and Geoffrey Rush (Barbossa) are in.
Again, just what I've heard. I know for a fact that Crispin Freeman does Will Turner because I heard it from the man himself :)

Awesome. I saw Crispin last year at Anime Expo. He seemed cool.

Cain Highwind
681th Post

"KH2 MINE NOW!" , posted Wed 5 Apr 21:53:post reply

I JUST got Kingdom Hearts II in the mail finally. You know I'm kind of confused. Everyone said there's this long prologue which goes through the entire events of KH and CoM but I gues they just meant the CG intro and the 6 Day Roxas story. Not too bad, but after a while I DID just want to get to Sora and the different worlds.

Oh and despite people saying, "Lik OMG Jesse McCartney, a TEENYBOPPER voicing a character sucks!" But you know, he actually does a GOOD job as Roxas here. He really does. Biggest voice disappoint so far, is definetely Mena Suvari as Aerith. She just sounds so dry and emotionless. Not nearly as soft and memorable as Mandy Moore in the first KH (too bad Moore has such a distaste for video games and didn't return; because she somewhat stated that after she finished voicing her in the first KH)

[this message was edited by Cain Highwind on Wed 5 Apr 21:54]