SNK USA new foolishness... - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3201 Views )

NARUTO
3392th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Fri 24 Mar 18:44post reply

Since they tag along with Falcoon in order to try to make the uber piece of shit called KOF MI a decent serie...SNK USA who have asked to remove the date in the KOF title because it wasn't that atractive, have decided to calle KOF MI 2-> KOF 2006 for the state...

So the morons for SNK USA et the dweeb called Falcoon deffinitely dreamm to sunk odwn the 2D serie for their pityfull crap game...
Falcoon really need to jump by the window now....

Tu Fuis Ego eris...Like you I was Like me you'll be...

Replies:

Maese Spt
194th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Fri 24 Mar 18:56post reply

I just don't get why the people hate Falcoon so much.

When he was only another anonymous artist on the web, everybody *totally* loved his works and envisions of well known videogame characters... but since he's become part of the system, every gamer in the world whins and mourns about any single action/desingn/comment/breathing he does... Can possibly a person grow so significantly clumsier in only 3 years? Aren't fanboys pushing it a bit too much? Just my two cents, heh.

MATSUKEN SAMBA!!!

Time Mage
2361th Post

"Re(2):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Fri 24 Mar 19:05post reply

quote:
Can possibly a person grow so significantly

*Chuckles at Falcoon*

Now seriously, I totally agree with you. Falcoon still looks to me as a very talented artist, with great overall designs. Ash, Shen Wu and Long are great, and some of the KOFMI2 are. I really don't like very much his KOFMI designs (specially the two brothers), but anyone can have a bad day.

~~~Knowledge is power~~~

Pollyanna
1696th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Fri 24 Mar 20:12post reply

quote:
I just don't get why the people hate Falcoon so much.

There are two things I don't like about Falcoon and one thing I like.

He's fine as a fan artist, but that doesn't make him professional quality, especially when there are hundreds of amateur artists out there more talented than him. He needs to take some lessons on overall design, and his compositions are weak. His designs generally aren't solid enough to suit me and they're quite gaudy (and not in a good, Araki way).

I also don't like how his art has stagnated. His work has become neither more interesting nor technically superior in quite some time. To me, his work is stagnant to the point of stench.

What I DO like about him is that he's a good fan artist. He designs fun (if stupid) new costumes for existing characters. His ideas represent something that fans might want to see, even if the concepts aren't as solid as they could be.

In that respect, I think he's a good match for MI, although the combination of ugly renders and gaudy designs hurt the overall graphic appeal of the game.

So it's like...you have this friend you play basketball with, and he has this unorthodox style that's kinda rough, but does well enough for street games. He wins a lot and you enjoy playing with him. But then he gets drafted into the NBA, and he's outclassed. His unorthodox style doesn't evolve, and he doesn't pick up better skills. Suddenly, he's less fun and more irritating.

As for calling it KOF 06...that's ridiculous. But are you SURE that's MI? The logo is like 11, isn't it? I'm not insulted that they're calling it 06 so much as confused. I thought MI had a better following.

Sensenic
1470th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Fri 24 Mar 20:27post reply

quote:
As for calling it KOF 06...that's ridiculous. But are you SURE that's MI? The logo is like 11, isn't it? I'm not insulted that they're calling it 06 so much as confused. I thought MI had a better following.

Tis KOF MI2: The butterfly's in the background
\( u_u)/

Deidara. I just loved that face. XD

"It's you know like when you die and you can't quite believe it"
An undead friend.

Arngrim
104th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Fri 24 Mar 20:46:post reply

Well... I really liked Falcoon when he was in his fan-art/web art situation (he REALLY did great jobs back then), but now, as a official designer, some of the characters look... somewhat weird and out of place in the KOF universe. His "spectacular two-color hairdresses" trend in most of the characters, for example, make the characters look more detailed but, on the other hand, makes them look somewhat distant from the other preovious characters.

I think there is a clear distinction btw Falcoon made characters and the others. This can be taken as a good or as a bad thing, but the fact that there is sort of a clear diquisition is undenyable.

This may be too subjective, but I really like some of the characters he has designed (Malin, for example), but I really find some other clearly poor (Alba, who looks unatractive IMHO, or Soiree... capoeira cowboy? ^^U) or somewhat out of place (we could discuss about Luise...)

So basically, we are talking about him "screwing" characters, which is definetely a bad thing.

I repeat that this is fairly subjective, but back then, for example, I didn't like a Leona "Code Assassin" he drew (while my colleague IkariDC loves that design, well, as well as everything involving Leona :P hehe), but at least at this stage, I didn't have to take it as her "canon" look in one game.

Death!!! But in this place... there is no happiness.

[this message was edited by Arngrim on Fri 24 Mar 20:49]

Digitalboy
294th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(4):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Fri 24 Mar 20:49post reply

I like Falcoon's renditions of popular characters but, as I posted before about what I don't like about his work, he favors the left side of the face (looking to the right) which shows his limitations of an artist.
RUN ON SENTENCE! SUBTRACT 1 POINT!
Draw more characters looking to the left, dammit!

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

HAYATO
598th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Fri 24 Mar 20:53post reply

Falcoon's drawing skills are only good for creating standard, generic fapping material and nothing more. On the other hand, KOF doesn't deserve any more, so I guess the saga suits him...

Samson
56th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Fri 24 Mar 21:49post reply

I really like what Falcoon was doing before he went pro.
I was disappointed when I saw his art for KOF2K3.

Now, I don't like his work, but I don't hate it either.

Bring back Nona !!!! KOF2K1/2 art is pure gold.

Cain Highwind
673th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"NARUTO new foolishness..." , posted Fri 24 Mar 22:08post reply

quote:
Since they tag along with Falcoon in order to try to make the uber piece of shit called KOF MI a decent serie...SNK USA who have asked to remove the date in the KOF title because it wasn't that atractive, have decided to calle KOF MI 2-> KOF 2006 for the state...

So the morons for SNK USA et the dweeb called Falcoon deffinitely dreamm to sunk odwn the 2D serie for their pityfull crap game...
Falcoon really need to jump by the window now....

You're just finding an excuse to hate on the 3D game as usual. And of course EVERYONE has to blame Falcoon and the Japanese branch. Is it stupid? Hell yeah! But did you guys think for a moment what kind of situation the US Branch is in?

2D just doesn't sell in the US anymore. It's sad but true. Don't blame SNK, blame the damn GTA and Halo players. Although I don't think it'll help much, this was obviously done to try and grab attention. It's coming out this year, fans will see the 3D AND the 2006 title and be more persuaded to buy it.

Like I said, I think this is stupid too. They COULD have bundled KoFXI and MI2 together. The best of both worlds, and called it KoF 2006: Double Impact or something. THAT would've rocked!

I'll stick to importing, hopefully with the PS3 being region-free (and hoping it extends to PS2 games) SNK fans can just easily import and be happy. And at least MI2 looks far and above better than the first. They just need to add an English option for their games.

As for Falcoon, I agree, his Fan stuff was better, and I do hate the over-the-top, downright silly amount of fanservice in MI which was probably his idea too.

Digitalboy
295th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):NARUTO new foolishness..." , posted Fri 24 Mar 22:37post reply

quote:
Don't blame SNK, blame the damn GTA and Halo players.

I was told that I am to blame because I touch myself at night. But the GTA/Halo worshippers are just as better!

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Korigama
97th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Sat 25 Mar 04:07:post reply

quote:
What I DO like about him is that he's a good fan artist. He designs fun (if stupid) new costumes for existing characters. His ideas represent something that fans might want to see, even if the concepts aren't as solid as they could be.

The problem is when those concepts are validated by incorporating them into actual games. I don't hate Falcoon, but I do hate his stupid ideas of what could be (rather than what's established as what should be).

[this message was edited by Korigama on Sat 25 Mar 04:09]

Evenor
343th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(6):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Sat 25 Mar 05:33post reply

quote:
I really like what Falcoon was doing before he went pro.
I was disappointed when I saw his art for KOF2K3.

Now, I don't like his work, but I don't hate it either.

Bring back Nona !!!! KOF2K1/2 art is pure gold.

Agreed. Nona is awesome, despite all the hate towards him.

And the whole name changing situation is ridiculous. I hate the crap that SNK USA pulls on it customers sometimes. Hopefully KOF "2006" will have the option of japanese voices. The thought of hearing "BIG WEDNESDAY!" and "FURIOUS FANDANGO" over again frightens me.

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

Red Falcon
5635th Post

"Re(7):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Sat 25 Mar 06:02post reply

I think people hate Falcoon now because they found out he's fat. It's all prejudice against fat people!

Seriously, Naruto, if you are so angry about the game or its name change in the U.S. (you aren't even in the US, are you?) then just don't play the damn thing.

Best site EVER:Link Here

Maese Spt
198th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Sat 25 Mar 07:48post reply

quote:
Falcoon's drawing skills are only good for creating standard, generic fapping material and nothing more. On the other hand, KOF doesn't deserve any more, so I guess the saga suits him...

Shaddap, biatch, you should lick Falcoon's leather undies and spread rose petals at his coming, since he's the one&only man in the world who can make Araki's designs look gayer than they already do...

Anyway, while I don't have Falcoon's (by far) on my favourite artists' list, I still fail to grasp why you people despise his artwork so much. Sure, he's not the greatest designer ever, but there are worse guys working out there, screwing our games even worse, and nobody seems to care...

Come on, I've seen how people went as far as defending that gullible Rival Schools comic perpetrated by Udon's minions here in the Cafe, yet you have issues against poor Falcoon's artistic limitations? Duh, I guess revealing his real face (and waistline!) pretty much killed the magic. It was more glamorous before.

Oh, and regarding that whole KOF'2006 thing... well, I must say I've enjoyed that kind of 3D experiment that MI was much more than any recent 2D KOF (i.e. since KOF'98 onwards), so I think I'll give this new one a try, no matter the name.

MATSUKEN SAMBA!!!

Pollyanna
1699th Post

"Re(6):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Sat 25 Mar 07:55post reply

quote:

Sure, he's not the greatest designer ever, but there are worse guys working out there, screwing our games even worse, and nobody seems to care...

Oh no, he's not nearly as bad as 3/4 of the artists Falcom gets. Ys has been plauged by some of the poorest, least professional art I've ever seen. (though there are a few exceptions)

BUT...I don't think anyone LIKES those artists or raves about their talent, whereas you get that to an extent with Falcoon. Also, a lot of people have loyalty to other SNK artists and are bitter about Falcoon usurping their position.

Maese Spt
200th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(7):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Sat 25 Mar 08:00post reply

quote:

Also, a lot of people have loyalty to other SNK artists and are bitter about Falcoon usurping their position.

Yup, now we are getting somewhere...

MATSUKEN SAMBA!!!

Red Falcon
5639th Post

"Re(7):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Sat 25 Mar 08:41:post reply

quote:
Oh no, he's not nearly as bad as 3/4 of the artists Falcom gets. Ys has been plauged by some of the poorest, least professional art I've ever seen. (though there are a few exceptions)

Don't you mean "plagued"? And I like him better than most of the artists they've used, and I don't even really like Falcoon that much. Just goes to show that I think SNK has generally been weak on art (except in the Samurai Spirits series).

Edit: And hey, I've seen plenty of good Ys art. The Ys 3 and 4 manuals (and Books 1 and 2) have perfectly fine art (in fact, pretty good for the time) Not Winds of Thunder quality (if only they were bigger or I could actually find the old promo manga.. sigh) but certainly better than, say... the manual for Babel or "Jesus".

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Sat 25 Mar 08:56]

Pollyanna
1700th Post

"Re(8):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Sat 25 Mar 09:07post reply

quote:

Don't you mean "plagued"?

Edit: And hey, I've seen plenty of good Ys art. The Ys 3 and 4 manuals (and Books 1 and 2) have perfectly fine art (in fact, pretty good for the time) Not Winds of Thunder quality (if only they were bigger or I could actually find the old promo manga.. sigh) but certainly better than, say... the manual for Babel or "Jesus".

Yes. Plagued. If you're going to be part of the spelling police, then I would like to direct you to Mr. Naruto. However, I guess I don't have an excuse, since I'm supposed to be a professional writer and English isn't his first language.

Also, you're right. I'll rephrase that. RECENT Ys art (or Falcom art in general) has been especially poor. The in-game art for the latest Ys is completely unforgivable. LOH, too. Cheap, cheap bottom rung on the ladder computer art. Whoever did the Ys Eternal opening designs was brilliant, though.

The old art was certainly good for the time and had a nice fantasy feel.

But which Samurai Spirits do you think had good art? I find a hard time looking at the art in 4 and saying it's good. Actually, it's the same way with earlier art, it's just that the "classic calligraphy" effect on the earlier art was clever.

Red Falcon
5639th Post

"Re(9):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Sat 25 Mar 09:12post reply

quote:

But which Samurai Spirits do you think had good art? I find a hard time looking at the art in 4 and saying it's good. Actually, it's the same way with earlier art, it's just that the "classic calligraphy" effect on the earlier art was clever.

I liked the calligraphy look myself, and it was worlds better than anything else SNK was doing at time time; the art in SS64 and Asura Zanmaden are excellent and doubly excellent, respectively.

Ishmael
2430th Post

"Re(10):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Mon 27 Mar 05:45post reply

quote:

I liked the calligraphy look myself, and it was worlds better than anything else SNK was doing at time time; the art in SS64 and Asura Zanmaden are excellent and doubly excellent, respectively.

I was also rather fond of the SS RPG art. While the clothing was drawn in such a large and flowing manner that the characters looked like drapes that had been hung out on a clothesline I still enjoyed that interpretation of them.

Red Falcon
5646th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Mon 27 Mar 11:09post reply

quote:
I was also rather fond of the SS RPG art. While the clothing was drawn in such a large and flowing manner that the characters looked like drapes that had been hung out on a clothesline I still enjoyed that interpretation of them.

Indeed! I'll have to scan those later, too; I'm going to dig out the old Asura Zanmaden decals to scan the chara portraits, in case people haven't seen them.

Toxico
4139th Post

"Re(9):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Tue 28 Mar 03:56:post reply

quote:

It's low 'using' SS 4 as a topic if you talk of the art quality of the series; the in game art of 4 is one of the worst in the series; but it's pretty good even with that little fact; it easily beats the living lights out of other games like 97'; I remember that the exclusive PSX port images (like the loading screens) where fantastic.

As for falcoon, he had better times; but is current work isn't crappy enough to flame the whole topic, even now you can find some good drawings...

See??? He is a God...

[this message was edited by Toxico on Tue 28 Mar 03:57]

pointman_4000
51th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Tue 28 Mar 14:58post reply

I heard SNK Japan were the ones who decided on the name change.

[-OO]----///////////////////

aderack
234th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Tue 28 Mar 22:04post reply

That could be. The only word that's been given to that extent, though, is a one-sentence post from a moderator on the SNK boards, saying "Japan told us to". No explanation. No telling if it's true, or what it means if it is. It could simply mean that they asked Playmore if it was okay and Playmore said "hey, sure, whatever". Or it might mean something else.

exodus
3303th Post

"Re(3):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Thu 30 Mar 06:00post reply

quote:
No explanation. No telling if it's true, or what it means if it is.

What I heard is that SNK is branching from their 2D roots. Unfortunately I'm assuming that means this series IS KOF from now on.

IkariDC
501th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Thu 30 Mar 21:16post reply

quote:
No explanation. No telling if it's true, or what it means if it is.

What I heard is that SNK is branching from their 2D roots. Unfortunately I'm assuming that means this series IS KOF from now on.

Then, they would have changed the name of the game to KOF XII instead of 2006, right? As much as I want to play KOF MI2, I would be against it if it could kill the 2D series... right?

Toxico
4141th Post

"Re(5):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Thu 30 Mar 23:44post reply

quote:
Then, they would have changed the name of the game to KOF XII instead of 2006, right? As much as I want to play KOF MI2, I would be against it if it could kill the 2D series... right?

Considering the money/fame output that KoF XI gave them they will never EVER drop the franchise (it's not like they where thinking on doing that anyway); even if KoF XI would have been the worst episode in the saga they would have never dropped it.

The money input of the KoF MI wasn't THAT great for what I know, so the main guess is that they are trying to make these side story games to look more related to the main games; I always said that KoF should be splitted in two; in storyline characters only and dream match/ other games characters only; so when "true" 3 years lapse dream match ensues we would play a game with a lot of characters... I wonder if this is comming to pass with KoF 2D series and KoF 3D series...

See??? He is a God...

Iggy
7624th Post

"Re(6):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Fri 31 Mar 00:21post reply

quote:
I always said that KoF should be splitted in two; in storyline characters only and dream match/ other games characters only

They could as well make KOF MI the regular KOF series, and transform Nejibako as the series of the dream match-copipe.
I would rather dig that, actually.

HARO
39th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Fri 31 Mar 02:15:post reply

KOF just hasn't been the same since '98. It feels now like they have too much creative input and not enough focus. That applies to everything: characters, story, gameplay.. etc.

As for all you art critics, It's fine to justify your feelings towards another person's work, but just remember that art is completely subjective.

Iggy, WTF is with your av and sig? Where is that from?

[this message was edited by HARO on Fri 31 Mar 02:17]

Iggy
7625th Post

"Re(2):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Fri 31 Mar 02:23post reply

quote:
It feels now like they have too much creative input

Simple series 2000 : The LOL.

quote:
art is completely subjective.

No, it is not.
Thank god we're not discussing art here, but mere entertainment.

quote:
WTF is with your av and sig? Where is that from?

These are scenes from my everyday life.
If you want to know, I'm on the avatar pic, and I took the other one.

Pollyanna
1711th Post

"Re(7):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Fri 31 Mar 08:03post reply

quote:
I always said that KoF should be splitted in two; in storyline characters only and dream match/ other games characters only
They could as well make KOF MI the regular KOF series, and transform Nejibako as the series of the dream match-copipe.
I would rather dig that, actually.

I thought you disliked Nejibako, though? I'm not saying this invalidates your statement...I'm just asking.

Gojira
1951th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(3):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Fri 31 Mar 11:09post reply

quote:

No, it is not.

we are all entertained by the same things nyo?

HARO
39th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Fri 31 Mar 15:50post reply

quote:

No, it is not.

For anyone else who may have been interested, "scorpion sex" search in google images brought up the following page with pics and info:

http://www.tommyjournal.com/jarch0605.php

Iggy
7628th Post

"Re(8):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Fri 31 Mar 16:16post reply

quote:
I thought you disliked Nejibako, though? I'm not saying this invalidates your statement...I'm just asking.

Yeah, you're right... I was thinking "if we change the context of the creation of the game, if SNKP boldly admits 2D is dead, then create a real giant copy-and-paste series for the last 2D fans and to give those characters a chance to come back periodically", and maybe if they use a roaster even bigger than Nejibako, I would... but no, you're right, probably not.

Gojira : what I meant is that entertainment is subjective, art is not.

HARO : DAMN IT !
Oh well.
Since we're discussing the campain, the biggest complains the add raised was the fact it pictured infected people as dangerous predators, plague vectors, and generally could just raise the discrimination against them (and they really don't need that already).

Undead Fred
2662th Post

"Re(8):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Mon 3 Apr 12:48post reply

quote:
I think people hate Falcoon now because they found out he's fat. It's all prejudice against fat people!
Ha ha ha! Yeah, you beat me to it. I saw "why do people hate Falcoon so much?" and was gonna respond with "CUZ HES A FATTY"

quote:
Don't you mean "plagued"? And I like him better than most of the artists they've used, and I don't even really like Falcoon that much. Just goes to show that I think SNK has generally been weak on art (except in the Samurai Spirits series).

Yeah, I didn't really think that highly of SNK's artwork until the more recent KOF's... well, I liked Last Blade and Samurai Shodown's artwork, though. I loved SNK's games for the characters and gameplay, not necessarily the artwork. But I still keep having flashbacks from KOF98's win pose screens anyway... As for the naming thing, I hate seeing it happen. 2D isn't selling very well in the US, and calling the game 2006 can't help that stupid trend much on our end of things.

exodus
3316th Post

"Re(9):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Tue 4 Apr 02:05post reply

quote:
"CUZ HES A FATTY"

I once had to waltz with a fat girl, and I discovered that they are very soft. But it turns out that I am still predjudiced against them in spite of my efforts to the contrary. I am a bigot :(

Toxico
4146th Post

"Re(10):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Tue 4 Apr 07:33post reply

quote:
I once had to waltz with a fat girl, and I discovered that they are very soft. But it turns out that I am still predjudiced against them in spite of my efforts to the contrary. I am a bigot :(

When you turn off the light; weight doesn't matters that much; I know because I was the fat/ugly in the relationship. Aside that some nicely designed black clothes make you look a little slimmer...

See??? He is a God...

Evenor
360th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Tue 4 Apr 07:52:post reply

quote:

When you turn off the light; weight doesn't matters that much; I know because I was the fat/ugly in the relationship. Aside that some nicely designed black clothes make you look a little slimmer...

Toxico....FAT?

You aren't allowed to make fun of Falcoon anymore.

Edit: I don't care that your fat,I still worship you Suija.

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

[this message was edited by Evenor on Tue 4 Apr 07:59]

Red Falcon
5656th Post

"Re(10):SNK USA new foolishness..." , posted Tue 4 Apr 14:53post reply

quote:

I seem to recall you also being afraid of seeing fat people eat fried chicken, or something to that effect.