Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2200 Views )

Sensenic
1469th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Zelda: Phantom Hourglass" , posted Fri 24 Mar 07:12:post reply

Beautiful!

I don't quite like that it is island based, like Wind waker... and again, the "unite the dots" puzzle (it seems is a must)... But other than that... It's just so beautiful!

EDIT: Oh, forgot... cellshading graphics, but classical 2D gameplay, you can make annotations in the map, apparently use of double screen for Boss-battles and/or lateral view scenes (as in GB Zeldas)... Yay!

Deidara. I just loved that face. XD

"It's you know like when you die and you can't quite believe it"
An undead friend.

[this message was edited by Sensenic on Fri 24 Mar 07:16]

Replies:

shin ramberk
248th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Zelda: Phantom Hourglass" , posted Fri 24 Mar 07:15post reply

Definitely seems interesting. I'm looking for more games that really utilize the pen.

http://ramberk.blogspot.com

Kikkoken
1085th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):Zelda: Phantom Hourglass" , posted Fri 24 Mar 07:17post reply

Any new Zelda game sends me into a trance: I'm dripping from every hole now. I have a feeling that the touch screen is used for sword attacks as well, which could turn out as a nice gameplay element.

Arngrim
102th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Zelda: Phantom Hourglass" , posted Fri 24 Mar 07:31post reply

It does look very beatiful indeed.

I really like the "return to the origins" style with the bird point of view and the blending of 3D celshading, that has really got to me, I'm a sucker for old-school (...nostalgia already??? O_o;)

Being able to take notes on the screen seems rather useless but looks very curious!

A very peculiar Zelda title coming, that's for sure ^^U

...I can't wait to feel the Zelda atmosphere that the first titles transmitted me once again, and I feel like this one will really do ^^

Death!!! But in this place... there is no happiness.

Burning Ranger
1391th Post

"Re(2):Zelda: Phantom Hourglass" , posted Fri 24 Mar 10:56post reply

quote:
It does look very beatiful indeed.

I really like the "return to the origins" style with the bird point of view and the blending of 3D celshading, that has really got to me, I'm a sucker for old-school (...nostalgia already??? O_o;)

I feel the same way. The game looks interesting, but I still don't like the Stylus gameplay.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

...and for Guilty Gear X2 # Reload!

pointman_4000
50th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Zelda: Phantom Hourglass" , posted Fri 24 Mar 11:54post reply

I like it; I want it's children.

[-OO]----///////////////////

Shooo-rook
126th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Zelda: Phantom Hourglass" , posted Fri 24 Mar 12:07:post reply

I am playing Ocarina of Time right now, and I am having a fix at the water temple... That cylindrical monster ate my shield and zora's tunic... and it killed me, so I couldn't get my stuff back. I already bought another shield cuz i went back in time, but I don't know how to get another zora's tunic... I went to the store in Zora, but its 300 rupees and i can only carry 99 at a time...

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Phantom Hourglass, looks divine... Dante would have been playing it in paraiso

Are you slave to the blade?

[this message was edited by Shooo-rook on Fri 24 Mar 12:10]

Tai-Pan
88th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Zelda: Phantom Hourglass" , posted Fri 24 Mar 12:55post reply

quote:
Beautiful!

I don't quite like that it is island based, like Wind waker... and again, the "unite the dots" puzzle (it seems is a must)... But other than that... It's just so beautiful!

EDIT: Oh, forgot... cellshading graphics, but classical 2D gameplay, you can make annotations in the map, apparently use of double screen for Boss-battles and/or lateral view scenes (as in GB Zeldas)... Yay!

Hermoso, I need a NDS, like,,now..

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Sensenic
1469th Post

"Re(2):Zelda: Phantom Hourglass" , posted Fri 24 Mar 16:08post reply

quote:
I am playing Ocarina of Time right now, and I am having a fix at the water temple... That cylindrical monster ate my shield and zora's tunic... and it killed me, so I couldn't get my stuff back. I already bought another shield cuz i went back in time, but I don't know how to get another zora's tunic... I went to the store in Zora, but its 300 rupees and i can only carry 99 at a time...

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Phantom Hourglass, looks divine... Dante would have been playing it in paraiso

You need the bigger bag, which can carry up to 500 rupees... You get it by solving one subquest, IIRC, but I forgot which one ^_^;

So... GameFAQs is thy friend, I guess.

Deidara. I just loved that face. XD

"It's you know like when you die and you can't quite believe it"
An undead friend.

Maese Spt
193th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Zelda: Phantom Hourglass" , posted Fri 24 Mar 18:47post reply

Oh, a new Zelda game... good grief, now I'll finally have to get a DS no matter what...

Now I'd like to know if this is an original Nintendo Japan development, or maybe it's another subcontracted work a la Capcom with the Oracles saga? If the latter was the case I would be much less hyped.

P.S.
Oh, and to Shooo-rook: you should have reseted the game instantly when you got killed by the item-eater monster. Now you are pretty fucked since, if I remember correctly, you can't get the 500 rupee wallet yet (but you should have the 200 rupee one by now). Anyway, I may be wrong, try to search gamefaqs back and forth.

MATSUKEN SAMBA!!!

Time Mage
2360th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(4):Zelda: Phantom Hourglass" , posted Fri 24 Mar 19:01post reply

quote:
Now I'd like to know if this is an original Nintendo Japan development, or maybe it's another subcontracted work a la Capcom with the Oracles saga? If the latter was the case I would be much less hyped.

Well, the Capcom developed Zeldas (Seasons, Ages and Minish Cap) were great, I don't see why you would be less hyped. Anyway, this one os developed by Aunouma's team, so it's 100% Nintendo.

About the video: The game looks great, yes, but just to criticise something, the animation (specially the sword slashes) is a bit choppy. I hope that's a problem of the video compression or because it's still early in the development.

~~~Knowledge is power~~~

HAYATO
599th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):Zelda: Phantom Hourglass" , posted Fri 24 Mar 20:57post reply

quote:

Well, the Capcom developed Zeldas (Seasons, Ages and Minish Cap) were great, I don't see why you would be less hyped. Anyway, this one os developed by Aunouma's team, so it's 100% Nintendo.

About the video: The game looks great, yes, but just to criticise something, the animation (specially the sword slashes) is a bit choppy. I hope that's a problem of the video compression or because it's still early in the development.

Yeah, that's right. Capcom Zeldas were godd...even I enjoyed them!!!

OH, BTW, great sig and avatar Matsu-dono ;)

Ishmael
2426th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(6):Zelda: Phantom Hourglass" , posted Sat 25 Mar 04:49post reply

I keep telling myself I have no need in my life for a handheld but Nintendo is a wicked, wicked temptress.

Maese Spt
196th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Zelda: Phantom Hourglass" , posted Sat 25 Mar 07:23post reply

quote:

Oh, I'm sure you're right, and those three little jewels are totally on my list of games to play but... you know, fanboyish as it may sound, if it's not Nintendo guys who are behind a Zelda, it doesn't seem as exciting to me...

It's hard to explain, but it hasn't the same appeal of the "original" thing. Like when you like this old, classic rock song of the 70s and, 30 years later, another band comes and makes their own version... it sure sounds great as well, and it is a marvelous tribute to your good old favourite song but... it's just not the same.

Seesh, now that I know for sure that this new Zelda is 100% a Nintendo product, I'm tempted to get a DS in too many new, insane ways...

quote:
Yeah, that's right. Capcom Zeldas were godd...even I enjoyed them!!!

You've only played Minish Cap, you shameless poser.

quote:
OH, BTW, great sig and avatar Matsu-dono ;)

Thx, +2 minutes on Photoshop. MatsuKen did not deserve less ;P

MATSUKEN SAMBA!!!

shooo-rook
128th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Zelda: Phantom Hourglass" , posted Mon 27 Mar 08:36post reply

quote:
P.S.
Oh, and to Shooo-rook: you should have reseted the game instantly when you got killed by the item-eater monster. Now you are pretty fucked since, if I remember correctly, you can't get the 500 rupee wallet yet (but you should have the 200 rupee one by now). Anyway, I may be wrong, try to search gamefaqs back and forth.

What I should have done... was save it right after I beat Dark Link... I hated that mini-boss... Yeah I saved the game right before the monster killed me, but it made no difference... now I am pondering to just go through the whole water temple without a water breathable tunic... unless the dungeon king is completely submerged, making me use iron boots and the longshot... that would suck... I will have to search gamefaqs..... dam cylindrical bastard!!!

Thanks cafe members

Are you slave to the blade?