A Significant Sequel - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1794 Views )

Krzyzewski Man
1158th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"A Significant Sequel" , posted Thu 23 Mar 15:25post reply

Now maybe this time Iggy can learn to appreciate pale hairless guys.

That was a joke.

If life gives you AIDS make lemon-AIDS!
-Sarah Silverman

Replies:

Nobinobita
27th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):A Significant Sequel" , posted Fri 24 Mar 04:08post reply

You know,

This is already looking alot better than the first one. It looks like the models are alot higher quality now, and much closer to the concept art. The Cereberus and Cyclops already look much better than those in the first game.

Now if only they could actually have a cool hero and story...

I have a like/hate relationship with God of War. I like the overall gameplay, but I absolutely loathe all visual and narrative elements of it.
The attitude of the game was just so cheesy, and the hero was so darn "emo".

I personally hate to use that word, but i employ it in this case because God Of War fans seem to be the type of people to use the word "emo" derrisively, while ignoring the fact that Kratos was a whiney, sullen, journal writing pansey ("when will these visions stop!!! oh Nooos!").

But uh, i'm harder on the game than i should be. It played well, and its success is applaudable considering that it was an original property and all.

I hope the second one is good though.

Burning Ranger
1392th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):A Significant Sequel" , posted Fri 24 Mar 10:57post reply

quote:
Now maybe this time Iggy can learn to appreciate pale hairless guys.

That was a joke.

I want to play the first GoW. The vids make it look like a DMC/Onimusha 3 clone. Is it really worth the hype?

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

...and for Guilty Gear X2 # Reload!

Digitalboy
292th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):A Significant Sequel" , posted Fri 24 Mar 11:50post reply

quote:
I want to play the first GoW. The vids make it look like a DMC/Onimusha 3 clone. Is it really worth the hype?

I have watched my friends play God of War, and they very much so loved it. I never played it, but I was not impressed by it at all just by watching my friends play it. I think it was all because of the camera angle of the game. I cannot remember.

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Krzyzewski Man
1159th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):A Significant Sequel" , posted Fri 24 Mar 13:21post reply

Well, Metacritic gives Devil May Cry 3 and Onimusha 3 composite scores of 84 and 85, respectively. God of War has a composite score of 94. In short, it's lightning in a bottle.

For that matter, it's currently $20, so get it if you've got a PS2. The one worry is that if your PS2 is old, the fact that GoW constantly streams from the console may kill it. Otherwise, don't hesitate.

If life gives you AIDS make lemon-AIDS!
-Sarah Silverman

Ishmael
2428th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Gourd of War" , posted Sat 25 Mar 05:47post reply

quote:

Nobinobita pretty much hit it on the head. The game is quite ambitious in what it what it set out to do. While not everything works -such as the silly ending that becomes a mix of Weaponlord and World Heroes- more than enough of the game is successful that it feels like you're in the middle of the epic B movie GoW wants to be.

The main character of Kratos, however, ended up being a problem for some people. At the start of the game he's a guy you know nothing about other than that he's an asshole. By the end of the game you learn about his past, his triumphs and his failures and you realize that... well, he's still an asshole. Having a teeth gnashing anti-hero as the main character could make for a nice change of pace from the pretty boys with midriff baring shirts that too often show up in games but in this case it ended up being more of a lateral move.