Pretty much what the title says.

If life gives you AIDS make lemon-AIDS!
-Sarah Silverman

Replies:

catalyst
147th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Regular Customer

"Re(1):A lesson in World of Warcraft etiquette" , posted Wed 22 Mar 07:36post reply

quote:

I wonder if I should laugh or I should remain in a hmm state. No seriously I mean it! Half of me says thats messed up and the other half of me says tee hee stab stab!

Catalyst jukebox ::kicks:: - Etro Anime: "Endless"

Pollyanna
1689th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):A lesson in World of Warcraft etiquette" , posted Wed 22 Mar 08:17post reply

That -totally- went over my head. But it reminds me of something.

When I was in middle school we had some fundraiser or something and got (among other, more important things) a jukebox for the lunchroom. This was a bad idea for several reasons, but one of the problems was that you didn't have enough time to listen to the song you paid for. My friends and I utilized this when we had the first (of three) lunch periods for the day.

The songs were like 5 cents each or something. We pooled our money and selected "Scatman" over and over again, ensuring that every day, for their entire lunch period, the second and third lunch kids would get nothing but Scatman on repeat.

Maou
805th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):A lesson in World of Warcraft etiquette" , posted Wed 22 Mar 08:41post reply

Bullying the Jukebox, as the Bouncing Souls sang one time. This is the best idea I've heard all week. "If the Scatman can do it, so can you!!"

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Grave
935th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):A lesson in World of Warcraft etiquette" , posted Wed 22 Mar 08:50post reply

quote:
The songs were like 5 cents each or something. We pooled our money and selected "Scatman" over and over again, ensuring that every day, for their entire lunch period, the second and third lunch kids would get nothing but Scatman on repeat.

This is one of the greatest stories I have ever heard.

Shooo-rook
122th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):A lesson in World of Warcraft etiquette" , posted Wed 22 Mar 12:15post reply

quote:
Bullying the Jukebox, as the Bouncing Souls sang one time. This is the best idea I've heard all week. "If the Scatman can do it, so can you!!"

EAST COAST FUCK YOU!!!

Are you slave to the blade?

Evenor
337th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):A lesson in World of Warcraft etiquette" , posted Wed 22 Mar 12:38post reply

quote:

teh LOL

As a true witness of WoW retardation,(one of my "friends" lost all his social life to it)
I find this amazing.

I've even witnessed In-game weddings ( they have servers for role playing), but nothing as great as this.

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

Krzyzewski Man
1156th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):A lesson in World of Warcraft etiquette" , posted Wed 22 Mar 12:47post reply

quote:
teh LOL

As a true witness of WoW retardation,(one of my "friends" lost all his social life to it)
I find this amazing.

I've even witnessed In-game weddings ( they have servers for role playing), but nothing as great as this.

As a true participant in WoW retardation (not any of this stuff though) I can confirm this is amazing for both ends of the spectrum.

By the way, I'd like to hear Iggy's thoughts on the great game-like enslaver of gullible Americans and Asian gold farmers.

-Sarah Silverman

Evenor
338th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):Asian Farmers" , posted Wed 22 Mar 13:02post reply

quote:
As a true participant in WoW retardation (not any of this stuff though) I can confirm this is amazing for both ends of the spectrum.

By the way, I'd like to hear Iggy's thoughts on the great game-like enslaver of gullible Americans and Asian gold farmers.

Did you play during the whole CHINA GOLD RUSH epidemic in WoW?!?

(I'm not sure if it's still a wide spread "problem" as it was when I witnessed it )

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

Maou
807th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(5):A lesson in World of Warcraft etiquette" , posted Wed 22 Mar 13:45post reply

quote:

EAST COAST FUCK YOU!!!

Hell yeah! Hmm, on topic, I played Warcraft III one summer, it was fun. Woooo

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Hagen de Merak
907th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):A lesson in World of Warcraft etiquette" , posted Wed 22 Mar 16:12post reply

quote:
That -totally- went over my head. But it reminds me of something.

When I was in middle school we had some fundraiser or something and got (among other, more important things) a jukebox for the lunchroom. This was a bad idea for several reasons, but one of the problems was that you didn't have enough time to listen to the song you paid for. My friends and I utilized this when we had the first (of three) lunch periods for the day.

what a dumb story,thanks for wasting our time.

Iggy
7594th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):A lesson in World of Warcraft etiquette" , posted Wed 22 Mar 17:20post reply

quote:
By the way, I'd like to hear Iggy's thoughts

I don't have the slightest idea of what's going on in this video.

Krzyzewski Man
1157th Post

"Re(4):A lesson in World of Warcraft etiquette" , posted Thu 23 Mar 00:25post reply

quote:
I don't have the slightest idea of what's going on in this video.

Well, these dudes bombed a funeral.

A chronology: various posts from the official forums are shown making various inflammatory comments. The reason for these is then shown: an in-game funeral was held for a player who died in a car wreck. One guild gets together and charges off to kill everyone there, while a few guys stand around and make sure the funeral is actually going on. Then, mass slaughter happens, and I think one guy goes over and makes fun of the "corpse." The video ends with the attacking guild proclaiming their assholism, which is the exact opposite of the end of the one-man play 'Rod Becker's Defending the Caveman.'

Or thereabouts.

And you forgot to insult Westerners for playing these game-like atrocities. Go on, emasculate us!

-Sarah Silverman

Iggy
7596th Post

"Re(5):A lesson in World of Warcraft etiquette" , posted Thu 23 Mar 00:27post reply

quote:
an in-game funeral was held for a player who died in a car wreck.

And that's where my brain refused to read further and shut down.

HARO
37th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):A lesson in World of Warcraft etiquette" , posted Thu 23 Mar 01:54post reply

This whole thread rules.

I dunno, when you think about it, wouldn't it make perfect sense for the opposing force to ambush a funeral where the enemy is in mourning and off guard?

Shooo-rook
124th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):A lesson in World of Warcraft etiquette" , posted Thu 23 Mar 09:06post reply

quote:
an in-game funeral was held for a player who died in a car wreck.
And that's where my brain refused to read further and shut down.

SO was there a car in WOW that killed a player... or was he killed in, what MMORPG players call "Real Life" ?

Bombing a funeral... nothing more tasteful, reminds me of tribal times, get the enemy while weak! also i think of MACHIAVELLI- The prince

Evenor
339th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(7):A lesson in World of Warcraft etiquette" , posted Thu 23 Mar 09:25post reply

quote:

SO was there a car in WOW that killed a player... or was he killed in, what MMORPG players call "Real Life" ?

In real life.

I'm curious; has there been any similar incidents (funeral attacks, weddings, ect ect) in other MMORPGS like RO or EQ?

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

Pollyanna
1693th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(8):A lesson in World of Warcraft etiquette" , posted Thu 23 Mar 09:52post reply

quote:

I'm curious; has there been any similar incidents (funeral attacks, weddings, ect ect) in other MMORPGS like RO or EQ?

I'm SURE. There is an endless struggle between bullies and people who unintentionally DEMAND to be bullied.

Burning Ranger
1390th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):A lesson in World of Warcraft etiquette" , posted Thu 23 Mar 10:55post reply

quote:

Crap like this is what ultimately turns me off of MMORPGs... that and they eat up free time. I'm not knocking people who get into that 'virtual world' state-of-mind. It's just not for me.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

...and for Guilty Gear X2 # Reload!

Juan
4237th Post

"etiquette" , posted Thu 23 Mar 12:19post reply

The game was fine pre level 60. Once you get to 60 the end game turns into Everquest. I uninstalled the game pretty quick.

I did get a lot of fun for a bit because apparently I had a knack of making people stupidly angry without provocation.

This tauren shaman kept trying to kill me for some unknown reason. He kept losing over and over. He couldnt believe that his purple gear couldnt beat a player with greens and blues. He made an alliance character and sent me angry messages every once in a while:

ffffffff

I got stuck guarding a boring spot in battlegrounds, so I started fishing with a stealthed druid behind me. The alliance loses as usual, but a player kept blaming me for everyone's idiocy. I sent him a gift:

ffffff

And this one takes the cake. I was standing around talking to a friend and some idiot sends me messages saying that I stole copper from his bags. I tried to explain him you cant do that. Apparently my word had no value because he was level 60 and I was level 21:

ffffff
fffffff2

Dumb game, dumb community.

Kyouji
47th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):etiquette" , posted Thu 23 Mar 13:31:post reply

quote:
Dumb game, dumb community.

Yeah, that's the most succinct and accurate description of WoW I've seen. I made the mistake of starting on a PvP server (I'm too much of a pacifist...), and despite being invited into a nice enough guild, I lost interest after getting my Alliance Druid to 32.

There were a lot of fun things about the game, but I mostly derived my enjoyment from grouping with nice people. Unfortunately, finding those kind of people was a difficult endeavour.

EDIT: Those pictures are quite amusing.

[this message was edited by Kyouji on Thu 23 Mar 13:34]

Maese Spt
191th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):A lesson in World of Warcraft etiquette" , posted Thu 23 Mar 17:53post reply

quote:

I dunno, when you think about it, wouldn't it make perfect sense for the opposing force to ambush a funeral where the enemy is in mourning and off guard?

Lol, this would be the ultimate treachery! Even at the walls of Troya, both sides made truces to properly bury their fallen comrades!

Hmm, but that's an effective tactic indeed. I think Zhuge Liang himself could learn a thing or two about strategy from these WoW guys...

MATSUKEN SAMBA!!!

Shooo-rook
127th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):A lesson in World of Warcraft etiquette" , posted Fri 24 Mar 12:27post reply

quote:

they eat up free time.

I wonder if there are families willing to pay money to start a WOWA- World of Warcraft Anonymous... WoW is a vice, that should be stopped!!! It's like an opium addiction, except much worse

Amakusa
665th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):A lesson in World of Warcraft etiquette" , posted Sat 25 Mar 00:26post reply

quote:

Hmm, but that's an effective tactic indeed. I think Zhuge Liang himself could learn a thing or two about strategy from these WoW guys...

Any idiot can do that, it's all a matter of style. I don't see any of those people doing any Empty City strategies if their life depended on it.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Maese Spt
199th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):A lesson in World of Warcraft etiquette" , posted Sat 25 Mar 07:55post reply

quote:

I don't see any of those people doing any Empty City strategies if their life depended on it.

Since they are not likely to get out of their bedrooms, surely they will never have to face such scenario. God, in its infinite wisdom, protects you from what you fear most, in their case, real life *chortles*

MATSUKEN SAMBA!!!

Red Falcon
5642th Post

"Re(5):A lesson in World of Warcraft etiquette" , posted Sat 25 Mar 10:13post reply

I've been fighting the temptation to post the "Serious Business" YTMND here for days... but I'd just lower the bar.

Best site EVER:Link Here

Krzyzewski Man
1161th Post

"Re(6):A lesson in World of Warcraft etiquette" , posted Sat 25 Mar 10:33post reply

quote:
I've been fighting the temptation to post the "Serious Business" YTMND here for days... but I'd just lower the bar.

Yeah, don't worry about that.

By the way, this or this?

-Sarah Silverman

Mozex
322th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re: Serious business" , posted Fri 31 Mar 15:13post reply

this is probably what was meant.

http://onyserious.ytmnd.com/

Be kind to goblins.