ebaying imports - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1849 Views )

Gojira
1946th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"ebaying imports" , posted Sun 19 Mar 06:04:post reply

I'm thinking about ebaying off some of my rare saturn imports. I just have one question: how much does it devalue the import if there's no spine card? I keep everything is in top condition but for some reason I can't find the spine card for one of them, so I'm wondering how that might affect it.

Oh and FYI these are what I plan to auction off, if it helps:
Radiant Silvergun
Akumajo Dracula X
Astra Superstars w/ memory cartridge

[this message was edited by Gojira on Sun 19 Mar 06:26]

Replies:

OmegaDog
1591th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):ebaying imports" , posted Sun 19 Mar 22:53:post reply

I haven't been paying attention to prices on Akumajo Dracula X and Radiant Silvergun lately -- but at least for those two, about five or six years back -- my memory's a bit unclear, but as far as I noticed, the spine card made some difference in the end price, but not enough that you would've needed to worry about it. It's just that, if you had it, and there were several listings of the game, more folks were likely to bid on your copy.

Don't know if others might note differently, though.

"So... IT'S FLITZ TIME EVERYBODY!" || CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 21

[this message was edited by OmegaDog on Sun 19 Mar 23:10]

Burning Ranger
1385th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):ebaying imports" , posted Mon 20 Mar 03:31post reply

quote:
I'm thinking about ebaying off some of my rare saturn imports. I just have one question: how much does it devalue the import if there's no spine card? I keep everything is in top condition but for some reason I can't find the spine card for one of them, so I'm wondering how that might affect it.

Oh and FYI these are what I plan to auction off, if it helps:
Radiant Silvergun
Akumajo Dracula X
Astra Superstars w/ memory cartridge

Are you a US seller? I want your Radiant Silvergun and I'm willing to negotiate a price to get it before you put it on e-bay. E-mail me at branger_23@yahoo.com and we'll talk about it.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

...and for Guilty Gear X2 # Reload!

Radish
3147th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):ebaying imports" , posted Mon 20 Mar 21:42:post reply

Goddamn I hate Saturn spine cards. When I used to work at that online import store, I would get this call on a semi regular basis...

Me: Thanks for calling <store>. How can I help you?
Nerd: I saw on your site that you have <game> in stock. I wanted to make sure since it's rare that you really have it.
Me: Yep, you can make the online purchase and we'll have it shipped tomorrow morning.
Nerd: Ok, but you only list manual and box, does it have the spine card.
Me: It says "complete" so yes it does.
Nerd: Are you sure.
Me: Yeah, I'm sure.
Nerd: Can you go check?
Me: Uh ok, let me put you on hold... Yeah it has it.
Nerd: Are you absolutely sure and is it in good condition.
Me: I'm holding it in my hand.
Nerd: No fold marks or anything?
Me: I can't see any.
Nerd: Can you open it up and see if the card is in good condition?
Me: Yeah I just opened it and it's in very good condition.
Nerd: So it's not excellent?
Me: I'm sorry?
Nerd: You said "very good" so I'm guessing that means it's not in perfect condition.
Me: It's about as good as a used game that's been handled by human hands is going to be.
Nerd: So are you sure there are no wrinkles??
Me: YES, it's fine!

It generally goes on like that until I figure out how to get him off the phone. I know those games are expensive, but seriously Saturn Collectors are the most annoyingly anal videogame fans ever.

So yeah that's my long winded way of saying that certain people will not be happy that you don't have your spine card.

[this message was edited by Radish on Mon 20 Mar 21:43]

Burning Ranger
1387th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):ebaying imports" , posted Tue 21 Mar 10:50post reply

quote:

It generally goes on like that until I figure out how to get him off the phone. I know those games are expensive, but seriously Saturn Collectors are the most annoyingly anal videogame fans ever.

If it's a rare game, I'll just be happy if I get the game, the manual, and the jewel case with backing. I don't really care about that other piece of paper.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

...and for Guilty Gear X2 # Reload!

Gojira
1947th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):ebaying imports" , posted Tue 21 Mar 14:59post reply

quote:
Goddamn I hate Saturn spine cards. When I used to work at that online import store, I would get this call on a semi regular basis...

Me: Thanks for calling <store>. How can I help you?
Nerd: I saw on your site that you have <game> in stock. I wanted to make sure since it's rare that you really have it.
Me: Yep, you can make the online purchase and we'll have it shipped tomorrow morning.
Nerd: Ok, but you only list manual and box, does it have the spine card.
Me: It says "complete" so yes it does.
Nerd: Are you sure.
Me: Yeah, I'm sure.
Nerd: Can you go check?
Me: Uh ok, let me put you on hold... Yeah it has it.
Nerd: Are you absolutely sure and is it in good condition.
Me: I'm holding it in my hand.
Nerd: No fold marks or anything?
Me: I can't see any.
Nerd: Can you open it up and see if the card is in good condition?
Me: Yeah I just opened it and it's in very good condition.
Nerd: So it's not excellent?
Me: I'm sorry?
Nerd: You said "very good" so I'm guessing that means it's not in perfect condition.
Me: It's about as good as a used game that's been handled by human hands is going to be.
Me: YES, it's fine!

So yeah that's my long winded way of saying that certain people will not be happy that you don't have your spine card.

LOL

MESSATSU

Pollyanna
1688th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):ebaying imports" , posted Tue 21 Mar 20:14post reply

quote:

I was having a tough time with life today. I got up, cashed some checks, mailed some stuff, then went back to sleep. Every time I woke up again, I felt like I was better off sleeping than living life. When I read your post, I was convinced that sleeping was better than living.

But somehow, after numerous, disgusting energy drinks, I felt good enough to meet my quota for the day.

THE END.

Radish
3147th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):ebaying imports" , posted Tue 21 Mar 21:30post reply

quote:

I was having a tough time with life today. I got up, cashed some checks, mailed some stuff, then went back to sleep. Every time I woke up again, I felt like I was better off sleeping than living life. When I read your post, I was convinced that sleeping was better than living.

But somehow, after numerous, disgusting energy drinks, I felt good enough to meet my quota for the day.

THE END.

Radish. Making people hate life: ONE POST AT A TIME!

Maou
806th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):ebaying imports" , posted Wed 22 Mar 08:45post reply

Radish humor points +10
Spinecard obsessions are hilarious. I keep all mine in a drawer and I guess I'm happy I have them...or something? For some bizarre reason I require them on CD's (the only merchandise I buy new) but not games. These Saturn hyper collectors remind me of kids who bought Star Wars toys and never take them out of the box so that they are 100% collectable, and 0% fun.

On the other hand, the one time spinecards were awesome was when a kid fanatically insisted that "Lunar~Magic School" wasn't a gaiden/sidestory to the rest of the "Lunar" games for a five-page thread, then got shut down when someone finally found the spinecard that loudly proclaimed, "Lunar gaiden."

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Maese Spt
190th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):ebaying imports" , posted Wed 22 Mar 18:42post reply

quote:
These Saturn hyper collectors remind me of kids who bought Star Wars toys and never take them out of the box so that they are 100% collectable, and 0% fun.

Quite true. I've never seen the point on spending 120 bucks on a figurine, statue or whatever and NEVER taking it out the box... In fact, I know some guys who even keeps their boxed figurines inside a closet, and never take them out. I wonder how the hell they enjoy their collections... Christ, 200 figurines, wrapped and locked down on a closet for years and years... That's just retarded. Silly collector freaks!

MATSUKEN SAMBA!!!

Pollyanna
1691th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):ebaying imports" , posted Wed 22 Mar 19:23post reply

quote:

Quite true. I've never seen the point on spending 120 bucks on a figurine, statue or whatever and NEVER taking it out the box... In fact, I know some guys who even keeps their boxed figurines inside a closet, and never take them out.

That's enough to keep me in bed all week.

However, I sometimes keep my figures in boxes if the boxes are attractive and the figures are not poseable. But that has nothing to do with "value" outside of the value of what looks most appealing.

But maybe I'm just uninterested in "things that are worth money" because I don't have any.

Zepy
1198th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(4):ebaying imports" , posted Wed 22 Mar 20:09post reply

Wow, the first thing I do when I buy a CD or game is to throw the spine card away! Now I know I can try to sell it on ebay for the same price as the game. Maybe.