HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie... - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3373 Views )

repukken
13th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Customer

"HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Thu 16 Mar 16:56post reply

I just saw this, all I have to say is I can't wait! What's everyone take on this title?

http://www.vgonetwork.com/

"Everytime you praise someone that they're one in a million just remember that only means there's 5000 of them in China..." -new chinese proverb

Replies:

Time Mage
2353th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Thu 16 Mar 19:54:post reply

No! I won't fall for that! I'll resist the temptation!

Damn... At least 6 months untill I can get my hands on an understandable FFXII...

[this message was edited by Time Mage on Thu 16 Mar 19:57]

Pollyanna
1680th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Thu 16 Mar 20:30post reply

Yeah, I just broke my PS2. Can't wait to get my copy of FFXII to play frisbee with.

Time Mage
2353th Post

"Re(3):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Thu 16 Mar 22:16post reply

Gather all your strength, and throw it to the East, aiming to southern Spain.

Receiving a flying FFXII across the Atlantic has to be the awesomest thing in the world. Well, receiving anything flying across the Atlantic is awesome enough, but a free FFXII is better.

Professor
2294th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(4):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Thu 16 Mar 22:42post reply

Has anyone purchased the game yet? I'm thinking of picking it up, but I'm hearing lots of motion sickness reports.

If it's actually worse than DQVIII, I'm going to avoid it.. got sick in first 30 minutes.

HARO
36th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(5):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Fri 17 Mar 01:39post reply

quote:
Has anyone purchased the game yet? I'm thinking of picking it up, but I'm hearing lots of motion sickness reports.

If it's actually worse than DQVIII, I'm going to avoid it.. got sick in first 30 minutes.

Motion sickness? I've never played DQVIII. Is it setup like a fps or something? Never heard of getting motion sickness from an rpg.

KTallguy
852th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(6):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Fri 17 Mar 02:16post reply

Wow, motion sickness?

I'm not very susceptable to that kind of stuff, I play a lot of FPS and stuff, remember Descent? That's motion sickness right there, damn.

I remember Kojima was talking about how it took his team a long time to make a camera that didn't make HIM sick... I wonder if that's why FPS isn't popular in Japan...?

Proud Supporter of Next Generation GAMEPLAY
"手前は役不足なんだよ!"

crazymike
1216th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(7):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Fri 17 Mar 09:23post reply

I bought Final Fantasy X for 10 bucks about a year and a half ago. Haven't even gotten it out and played it yet @_@

gorgeous
113th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Fri 17 Mar 10:42post reply

quote:
Has anyone purchased the game yet? I'm thinking of picking it up, though I'm hearing lots of motion sickness reports.

Funny -- a lot of my coworkers are reporting motion sickness. I guess that's about right -- camera movement is far more necessary to this game than in DQVIII. You'll be moving the camera everywhere you go. It's kind of like Final Fantasy Tactics, only everything is moving all at once.

I'm about thirty hours in, and haven't gotten sick once. Then again, I guess these things don't affect me.

I do, however, have an eye-focusing problem, and for that reason I have a piece of a Post-it stuck to the top of my computer monitor, with a fluorescent green/blue asterisk on it. Put something on the wall behind your TV. Sit back. Relax. Try to remind yourself that the world in the TV and the world in your room are not the same!! It's like reading a book while on the train.

Take some dramamine if you have to.

You . . . really don't want to miss this. It is tremendously, ejaculatorily, foolishly, superlatively, retardedly great.

My review so far: Final Fantasy XII is to Vagrant Story as Ogre Battle is to Final Fantasy Tactics.

It's just . . . sublime. In a world where games are like mortal men, this one is a superhero.

The font is kind of small, though, and a lot of the townspeople don't have voices. I need a bigger TV.

Here's another paragraph!!

The story is . . . great.

I wish I wasn't at work right now, because I'd be at home playing it!!!

Then end!!

Gojira
1945th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(6):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Fri 17 Mar 11:42:post reply

quote:

My review so far: Final Fantasy XII is to Vagrant Story as Ogre Battle is to Final Fantasy Tactics.

This anagram is to sense as starfish is to tequila.

[this message was edited by Gojira on Fri 17 Mar 11:43]

Shooo-rook
111th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Fri 17 Mar 11:57post reply

quote:

Starfish and tequila! WHAT A MIX!

*sidenote I like your new avatar Pollyanna

Are you slave to the blade?

Evenor
329th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(6):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Fri 17 Mar 12:32post reply

quote:

;)

Now if FFXII only had the same customization system as Vagrant Story, the world would be a better place.

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

KTallguy
854th Post

"Re(6):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Fri 17 Mar 13:23post reply

quote:

I'm smiling in a way that's illegal in 48 states.

"手前は役不足なんだよ!"

gorgeous
115th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Fri 17 Mar 15:03post reply

quote:

My post is to an anagram as an anagram is to . . . an analogy.

repukken
14th Post

New Customer

"Re(6):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Fri 17 Mar 16:31post reply

quote:
Has anyone purchased the game yet? I'm thinking of picking it up, though I'm hearing lots of motion sickness reports.

Funny -- a lot of my coworkers are reporting motion sickness. I guess that's about right -- camera movement is far more necessary to this game than in DQVIII. You'll be moving the camera everywhere you go. It's kind of like Final Fantasy Tactics, only everything is moving all at once.

I'm about thirty hours in, and haven't gotten sick once. Then again, I guess these things don't affect me.

I do, however, have an eye-focusing problem, and for that reason I have a piece of a Post-it stuck to the top of my computer monitor, with a fluorescent green/blue asterisk on it. Put something on the wall behind your TV. Sit back. Relax. Try to remind yourself that the world in the TV and the world in your room are not the same!! It's like reading a book while on the train.

You . . . really don't want to miss this. It is tremendously, ejaculatorily, foolishly, superlatively, retardedly great.

It's just . . . sublime. In a world where games are like mortal men, this one is a superhero.

The font is kind of small, though, and a lot of the townspeople don't have voices. I need a bigger TV.

Here's another paragraph!!

The story is . . . great.

I wish I wasn't at work right now, because I'd be at home playing it!!!

Then end!!

I agree, so far the story is very good and the game engine is a lot better than X and X-2

"Everytime you praise someone that they're one in a million just remember that only means there's 5000 of them in China..." -new chinese proverb

Pollyanna
1681th Post

"Re(8):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Fri 17 Mar 19:56post reply

quote:

Thanks. I can't seem to get enough of Akiman avatars.

Whooo...I may have my PS2 problem fixed as soon as Tuesday, so I think I'll hold off on international frisbee and focus on work until then.

Strange how the FF12 demo got almost universal disapproval, and the game is getting the exact opposite.

kilvear
135th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(9):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Fri 17 Mar 21:28post reply

quote:

Thanks. I can't seem to get enough of Akiman avatars.

Whooo...I may have my PS2 problem fixed as soon as Tuesday, so I think I'll hold off on international frisbee and focus on work until then.

Strange how the FF12 demo got almost universal disapproval, and the game is getting the exact opposite.

I got something to say....

Polly your avatar rocks

Nothing Serious. Casuals Only.

Mav
142th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Sat 18 Mar 07:33post reply

quote:
Well, receiving anything flying across the Atlantic is awesome enough, but a free FFXII is better.

Charles Lindberg?

I refuse to watch the video, as I'm certain I'm purchasing this game, anyway. I hope the Japanese voices are an option in the US version. The trailer on the demo disc had excellent Japanese voices with subtitles, but then the narrator jumped in with English and sounded like a complete tool. Hopefully just a rush job and not a portent of things to come.

Time Mage
2354th Post

"Re(5):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Sat 18 Mar 08:06post reply

quote:
Charles Lindberg?

Well, I was thinking about Montgomery Burns with a 1 Million Dollar bill, but I guess that's not a bad one. XD

Cain Highwind
667th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(6):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Sat 18 Mar 10:12post reply

Saw the intro via Youtube, pretty amazing especially the music.

Oh and speaking of which word is there's a remix of Battle on the Big Bridge (yes FFV's Gilgamesh theme; one of my ALL time favorite battle themes done by Uematsu). A first for me, I preordered the FFXII LE Soundtrack from Play Asia, cause it looks GORGEOUS, even though I like to play the game first before listening to the soundtrack.

Pollyanna
1682th Post

"Re(7):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Sat 18 Mar 20:03post reply

Today was a good day. I got to play a bit of FF12, and I saw Dir en Grey.

The voice acting is nice. I'm glad to hear another game with non "anime" voices (still not as good as DoD2, though). I can't even imagine Penelo in English. She's too "Japanese." That isn't to say that I have low hopes for the dub, just that the characters will be...different. Vaan sounds like the main character of any given sentai show...only a bit better.

Also, the town(s?) are incredible. I HATE wandering around towns, but in FF12, I can't get enough. The shops are amazing. They feel like real shops! You can look around at the goods on tables, or in cabinets. There are people talking to each other and looking at things. There are moogles hanging onto the counter (so cuuute!). The towns feel ALIVE. They feel REAL.

I mean, it's a little simulated, as some of the motion capture is a bit weak, and it's all a bit too stiff and square to be totally real...but it's easy to get lost in it, and it's easy to believe. As cheesy as it sounds, I was filled with a true sense of wonderment and joy for the first time in an RPG town setting.

I didn't play too much (saw 2 towns, did 2 quests), and I won't get to again for a few days, but so far so good. Very Vagrant Story, very Tactics. Soundtrack has a bit of a FFTA feel to it. Was it the same composer, or just the same flavor?

On an unrelated note, the DEG concert was an amazing sort of fiasco that will seem legendary to those who were there. Especially those who didn't make it in and saw them anyway.

Time Mage
2355th Post

"Re(8):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Sat 18 Mar 20:17post reply

quote:
Soundtrack has a bit of a FFTA feel to it. Was it the same composer, or just the same flavor?

Sakimoto is the composer, the same as FFT, VS and FFT-A.

Pollyanna
1683th Post

"Re(9):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Sat 18 Mar 20:34post reply

quote:

Sakimoto is the composer, the same as FFT, VS and FFT-A.

That explains it. It has a lot of "atmosphere" to it.

Also, I forgot to mention that the characters have amazing noses. I have never noted noses in a game before now...but this game has great noses. I like the "painter" effect on the textures/faces as well. I don't think it was present in early demos/videos. Some of the characters look different than I remember them (in a good way).

Evenor
331th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(8):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Sun 19 Mar 01:49post reply

quote:
Today was a good day. I got to play a bit of FF12, and I saw Dir en Grey.

The voice acting is nice. I'm glad to hear another game with non "anime" voices (still not as good as DoD2, though). I can't even imagine Penelo in English. She's too "Japanese." That isn't to say that I have low hopes for the dub, just that the characters will be...different. Vaan sounds like the main character of any given sentai show...only a bit better.

Also, the town(s?) are incredible. I HATE wandering around towns, but in FF12, I can't get enough. The shops are amazing. They feel like real shops! You can look around at the goods on tables, or in cabinets. There are people talking to each other and looking at things. There are moogles hanging onto the counter (so cuuute!). The towns feel ALIVE. They feel REAL.

I mean, it's a little simulated, as some of the motion capture is a bit weak, and it's all a bit too stiff and square to be totally real...but it's easy to get lost in it, and it's easy to believe. As cheesy as it sounds, I was filled with a true sense of wonderment and joy for the first time in an RPG town setting.

I didn't play too much (saw 2 towns, did 2 quests), and I won't get to again for a few days, but so far so good. Very Vagrant Story, very Tactics. Soundtrack has a bit of a FFTA feel to it. Was it the same composer, or just the same flavor?

On an unrelated note, the DEG concert was an amazing sort of fiasco that will seem legendary to those who were there. Especially those who didn't make it in and saw them anyway.

You were at SXSW? Did they play any old songs or was it mostly crap from their last album? ( Withering to Death)

How freakishly skinny/pretty was Shinya?

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

Pollyanna
1684th Post

"Re(9):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Sun 19 Mar 07:54post reply

OFF TOPIC...so...ignore if you're only interested in FF12.

quote:

You were at SXSW? Did they play any old songs or was it mostly crap from their last album? ( Withering to Death)

Yeah, I was at SXSW. They played all new songs...erm...new single, and their last two albums. I don't think old stuff would have "fit" very well. I think that was the best way to do things, but it was a mixed blessing as Withering to Death is probably my least favorite album by them. Buuuut that's probably because Vulgar is my favorite and WtD is like Vulgar, only not quite as good. (minus "The Final")

They played at a TINY outside place among 4 other bands. It was...really crazy, though, because nearly everyone was there to see them. Staff people kept asking us who we were there to see and were surprised that everyone was saying "DeG". There wasn't NEARLY enough room for everyone, and I felt sorry for the other bands, who nobody cared about. When they came out to try and sell us CDs, everyone just asked them questions about DeG.

There was a decent punk(ish) band, a band with nothing but drummers (That were quite sad) and a band that sucked so bad that I swear their music created stench. They all encouraged more people to come inside and the people at the "club" to let us in. It's probably good they didn't let us in, though, as many of the people would have probably just booed them and demanded DeG.

When people lost hope of actually getting in, they lined up along this fence so that they could see inside. Everyone felt like that was tolerable at least, until they lowered a tarp so that we couldn't see inside (making everyone irritable). DeG was complaining (and threatening not to play) because most of their fans were stuck outside, unable to see them. While they didn't raise the tarp, they let a good number of people in, and the rest huddled around non-tarped fence areas to catch a peek. In the end, I think it turned out decent at least. Some outside people had amazing views.

They did a short set with no bullshit. No leaving out large portions of songs with screaming and moaning, no replacing lyrics with barking, and tons and tons of energy. I've never seen Shinya play like that. He had POWER. His hair was beautiful and it covered his face the entire time. Nobody was wearing (much) makeup, as far as I could tell...but the only person who suffered was Toshiya, who looked much grubbier than usual. Well...Kaoru looked grubby, too...but in an awesome way.

All in all, I was very pleased, especially since I've been moderately irritated with them lately.

CHAZumaru
377th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(5):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Sun 19 Mar 13:02post reply

quote:

I was on DQVIII just before starting FFXII, and there definitely is a connection between the two in terms of camera work (one quickly gets the habit of moving the camera at all times - especially since the scenery is gorgeous).

So far it's a very enjoyable game.
Nice to see Matsuno still gets credited as the (co-)director, as due.

NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 Z80 AND SH-2 HEART ON FIRE !!

Shooo-rook
113th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(10):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Sun 19 Mar 15:22post reply

quote:

Yeah, I was at SXSW. They played all new songs...erm...new single, and their last two albums. I don't think old stuff would have "fit" very well. I think that was the best way to do things, but it was a mixed blessing as Withering to Death is probably my least favorite album by them. Buuuut that's probably because Vulgar is my favorite and WtD is like Vulgar, only not quite as good. (minus "The Final")

They played at a TINY outside place among 4 other bands. It was...really crazy, though, because nearly everyone was there to see them. Staff people kept asking us who we were there to see and were surprised that everyone was saying "DeG". There wasn't NEARLY enough room for everyone, and I felt sorry for the other bands, who nobody cared about. When they came out to try and sell us CDs, everyone just asked them questions about DeG.

There was a decent punk(ish) band, a band with nothing but drummers (That were quite sad) and a band that sucked so bad that I swear their music created stench. They all encouraged more people to come inside and the people at the "club" to let us in. It's probably good they didn't let us in, though, as many of the people would have probably just booed them and demanded DeG.

When people lost hope of actually getting in, they lined up along this fence so that they could see inside. Everyone felt like that was tolerable at least, until they lowered a tarp so that we couldn't see inside (making everyone irritable). DeG was complaining (and threatening not to play) because most of their fans were stuck outside, unable to see them. While they didn't raise the tarp, they let a good number of people in, and the rest huddled around non-tarped fence areas to catch a peek. In the end, I think it turned out decent at least. Some outside people had amazing views.

They did a short set with no bullshit. No leaving out large portions of songs with screaming and moaning, no replacing lyrics with barking, and tons and tons of energy. I've never seen Shinya play like that. He had POWER. His hair was beautiful and it covered his face the entire time. Nobody was wearing (much) makeup, as far as I could tell...but the only person who suffered was Toshiya, who looked much grubbier than usual. Well...Kaoru looked grubby, too...but in an awesome way.

All in all, I was very pleased, especially since I've been moderately irritated with them lately.

Did you suck Shinya's... drumstick?

Evenor
332th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(10):HOLY CRAP! FFXII (Diru hijack mode)" , posted Sun 19 Mar 15:32post reply

quote:

Thats pretty awesome. It saddens me that they didn't play any older songs. I found WtD to be very dull.
Personally, my favorite album is Macabre. I would kill to see Dir en grey (in the US) with a Gauze, Macabre, and Kisou setlist.

Thanks for your "report"!

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

Pollyanna
1685th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie.." , posted Sun 19 Mar 17:37post reply

Shame on both of you for quoting my entire, massive post.

quote:

Did you suck Shinya's... drumstick?

Isn't it past your bed time?

Evenor: I like old DeG too, but I feel that playing that stuff now wouldn't mix with their current image and style. I'd love to hear them play indies stuff, but I have to think "they were a different band then, and that different band is gone now." I used to say to my band mates "let's be the new, old DeG!"

I thought Withering to Death was uninspired in that it was too much like Vulgar, but without as much energy. I expect each album of theirs to be very different than the last, and WtD wasn't different or exciting enough. BUT...if I take it out of context of their other stuff and think "if I just heard this album without ever hearing of them before, I would be pretty impressed."

I was just glad that the concert wasn't overrun with screaming, instead of singing. It seems like their screaming to singing ratio is getting out of control lately. I like screaming, but I don't like it as the primary element.

Shooo-rook
114th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie.." , posted Mon 20 Mar 02:32post reply

I thought Withering to Death was uninspired in that it was too much like Vulgar, but without as much energy. I expect each album of theirs to be very different than the last, and WtD wasn't different or exciting enough. BUT...if I take it out of context of their other stuff and think "if I just heard this album without ever hearing of them before, I would be pretty impressed."

I got into Deg a while ago, so that is exactly the way I think about WtD and Vulgar. I can see why the old hardcore fans would be irritated.

Evenor
333th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie.." , posted Mon 20 Mar 02:52post reply

Before this thread continues to be go off track, I would like to ask you a question.

Pollyanna : What Rice(and/or Raphael)albums would you reccomend?

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

Pollyanna
1687th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie.." , posted Mon 20 Mar 10:03post reply

quote:
Before this thread continues to be go off track, I would like to ask you a question.

Pollyanna : What Rice(and/or Raphael)albums would you reccomend?

I recommend everything Rice and mostly everything Raphael. Honestly, there's not a single Rice song I don't like and very few Raphael ones. (that is to say, I like Rice much more than Raphael, though).

The problem with either of them is that they have a lot of scattered releases and not-full albums. With Raphael, go for the single collection. There are lots of other little things to pick up if you really love them, but despite all the money I spent on this and that by them, the single collection is still the best overall. It's good that they have something like that.

As for Rice, their only full album is "Loverain", which I highly recommend. I recommend anything and everything from them. They're very different, though...so there's no guarantee that you'll like them. Yuki is my favorite vocalist ever, so I'm going to be pleased with anything he does. That isn't to say their composition is bad (it's actually excellent), but if you don't like violins, it might turn you off.

I'm unreliable about answering long mails, but if you want to talk to me about this (or if you have trouble finding things), feel free to contact me atttt sewer_princess at yahoo dot com.

gorgeous
116th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Mon 20 Mar 10:33post reply

quote:
Oh and speaking of which word is there's a remix of Battle on the Big Bridge (yes FFV's Gilgamesh theme

oh god yes there is. you bet your ass there is.

and there's a good reason for it being there, too, if you know what i mean

NOW TO WRITE THE OFFICIAL INSERTCREDIT.COM REVIEW!! it will be glowing, and full of things people will hate!! it will debunk all other modern japanese RPGs as "tools of fetish." in this review, Final Fantasy XII will be the hero of the new legend of videogames.

ohhhhhhhhh yessssss

maybe i should drink my tea first.

sabo10
1348th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(8):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Mon 20 Mar 12:26:post reply

I'm going to go ahead and spoil it here in plain english.

This game's combat system allows you to program your party members AI routines fairly extensively, and battles are carried out quickly in real time.

What this amounts to is assigning characters with commands like

IF a party member has <50% HP THEN cast cure
ELSE attack the closest enemy

this results in the old "attack, attack, cure" pattern programmed in, and repeatedly carried out automatically by your party member's AI.

So all you have to do to fight monsters is move the left analouge stick towards a group of monsters with your left thumb, with your other 9 fingers are free to fondle your gentitals with. Your party will automatically attack, heal themselves when low on HP, buff, dispel bad status and so on without you even needing to really watch it.

This is the ultimate conclusion of making the FF battle system more user friendly and streamlined. It lays bare the truth of how ridiculously retarded the entire concept of RPG fighting has ever been, and it is going to look embarassing if SquareEnix ever puts out another game with these mechanics, and forces you to go back to plugging in these inane thoughtless commands manually one by one again.

[this message was edited by sabo10 on Mon 20 Mar 12:27]

KTallguy
855th Post

"Re(9):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Mon 20 Mar 14:03post reply

Isn't this streamlining coupled with more devious and difficult enemies? Now that the player isn't focusing on healing and bs, they can throw in some challenge? Like actually using buffing spells or real strategy?

I hope so =)

"手前は役不足なんだよ!"

gorgeous
117th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(9):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Mon 20 Mar 14:57post reply

quote:
This is the ultimate conclusion of making the FF battle system more user friendly and streamlined. It lays bare the truth of how ridiculously retarded the entire concept of RPG fighting has ever been, and it is going to look embarassing if...

Yes. And that's all positively accentuated.

Yes, there are some tough enemies. There are some bosses that fuck you over. And there are some epic battles where you need to know the topography and everything.

So yes, if you haven't bought it yet, if you played Rogue Galaxy even just a little bit you really, really need this game. It's like the direct inverse of Rogue Galaxy. And . . . well, duh, of course it's a better game. I guarantee you will like it. So go go go !!

Professor
2298th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(6):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Mon 20 Mar 19:09:post reply

quote:

/snip/

/snip/

Hummnn, definitely sounds like it's worth picking up then, thanks. Prices are already starting to drop as well, so I guess the half week of contending was worth it.

Jumping back a little on the subject, reading books while in motion gets me as sick as well! From what I've noticed, it's generally reported by Japanese consumers, especially around the older generations such as myself (late 20s - 30s).

[edit] Big Bridge remix? Gotta get it.

[this message was edited by Professor on Mon 20 Mar 20:27]

Iggy
7591th Post

"Re(7):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Mon 20 Mar 20:44post reply

quote:
older generations such as myself (late 20s - 30s).

Late 20s-30s are considered "older generations" !?

Maese Spt
188th Post

Regular Customer

"combat system" , posted Mon 20 Mar 21:05post reply

quote:

So all you have to do to fight monsters is move the left analouge stick towards a group of monsters with your left thumb, with your other 9 fingers are free to fondle your gentitals with. Your party will automatically attack, heal themselves when low on HP, buff, dispel bad status and so on without you even needing to really watch it.

Hmmm, sounds like the perfect combat system to me! Even better than the "Free will" option in Suikoden games... neat!

Now, all I need is a plot and a BGM half as good as their PSX's FF Tactis counterparts, and I'll be totally sold about this one. I never imagined I'd be willing to play a Final Fantasy anymore...!

MATSUKEN SAMBA!!!

Professor
2298th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(8):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Mon 20 Mar 21:51post reply

quote:
older generations such as myself (late 20s - 30s).
Late 20s-30s are considered "older generations" !?

Egh, my miss. I meant it in terms of older "gaming" generations.

The younger gaming generations have only "heard" about Famicom(NES) and other things like Michael Jackson.

Cain Highwind
668th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(7):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Mon 20 Mar 21:59post reply

quote:

/snip/

/snip/

Hummnn, definitely sounds like it's worth picking up then, thanks. Prices are already starting to drop as well, so I guess the half week of contending was worth it.

Jumping back a little on the subject, reading books while in motion gets me as sick as well! From what I've noticed, it's generally reported by Japanese consumers, especially around the older generations such as myself (late 20s - 30s).

I can't read or play handhelds in a moving vehicle either, I also get motion sick really easily on most carnival/amusement park rides. Yet video games don't bother me, except Star Wars: Clone Wars for the GC. The camera is SO crazy in that game, I only played it for about 10 minutes, got a headache and never played it again.

quote:
[edit] Big Bridge remix? Gotta get it.

Precisely why I'm getting the LE OST, that and it looks pretty! Big Bridge is one Uematsu's best battle themes ever! I really want to hear Sakimoto's take on it.

Time Mage
2357th Post

"Re(8):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Tue 21 Mar 06:26post reply

quote:
NOW TO WRITE THE OFFICIAL INSERTCREDIT.COM REVIEW!! it will be glowing, and full of things people will hate!! it will debunk all other modern japanese RPGs as "tools of fetish." in this review, Final Fantasy XII will be the hero of the new legend of videogames.

I... am interested (eagerly awaiting should be more appropriate) in a review by Tim?

WOW. I'm really too hyped about this game.

~~~Knowledge is power~~~

Shooo-rook
118th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(9):HOLY CRAP! FFXII Opening movie..." , posted Tue 21 Mar 07:52post reply

quote:

I... am interested (eagerly awaiting should be more appropriate) in a review by Tim?

WOW. I'm really too hyped about this game.

"Thats a gorgous bottle"

It's true, suntory beverages make delicious bottles with pixelated badges for liqour.