Darkstalkers Question - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2497 Views )

ZamIAm
1565th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Darkstalkers Question" , posted Mon 13 Mar 14:01post reply

Does anyone have pics/movie for the full ending for Dee (the demon Donovan)?

Replies:

NARUTO
3385th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Darkstalkers Question" , posted Mon 13 Mar 17:58post reply

quote:

Well I'm pretty curious to since I've never tried the character, and have no idea abot his moves and skills...

Tu Fuis Ego eris...Like you I was Like me you'll be...

HAYATO
591th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Darkstalkers Question" , posted Mon 13 Mar 21:46post reply

quote:

Well I'm pretty curious to since I've never tried the character, and have no idea abot his moves and skills...

OK, thirded. As a former Darkstalkers geek, I am curious as well...in fact, any video showing him in action would be fine to me...

BTW, did the Udon comic series got cancelled, or is still running in the States?

ZamIAm
1566th Post

"Re(3):Darkstalkers Question" , posted Tue 14 Mar 02:48post reply

quote:
BTW, did the Udon comic series got cancelled, or is still running in the States?

It is supposed to restart sometime in summer I believe. The first arc is collected in a trade.

And The Burger King is far creepier than he should be.

Black_Hayato
162th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Darkstalkers Question---Video & Pics" , posted Tue 14 Mar 11:32:post reply

quote:

I just happened to have saved the pics and movie from almost a year ago.

Vid
http://www.savefile.com/files/9387555

Ending
http://www.savefile.com/files/5782738

[this message was edited by Black_Hayato on Tue 14 Mar 11:34]

ZamIAm
1567th Post

"Re(2):Darkstalkers Question---Video & Pics" , posted Tue 14 Mar 12:45post reply

quote:

Ending

I didn't know that was actually the full ending since I have seen that pic before. So unless there's more to it, Donovan was put out of his misery by Anita which really seems to make me think her "easy" description is that she's an exorcist (which would explain alot of why Jedah fears her).

NARUTO
3386th Post

"Re(2):Darkstalkers Question---Video & Pics" , posted Tue 14 Mar 16:34post reply

quote:

Vid
http://www.savefile.com/files/9387555

Ending

Thanks for the links.

HAYATO
592th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):Darkstalkers Question---Video & Pics" , posted Tue 14 Mar 21:46post reply

quote:

I didn't know that was actually the full ending since I have seen that pic before. So unless there's more to it, Donovan was put out of his misery by Anita which really seems to make me think her "easy" description is that she's an exorcist (which would explain alot of why Jedah fears her).

So in the end, is Anita playable or not? Those vs screens puzzle me...

And regarding the vid... as a Donovan fan , I don't know whether laughing or cying in despair, for they have totally screwed my fav character. If his looks were "hardly pleasing to the eye" (to say the least), the strange mix between Demitri moves and Donovan specials is utterly disgraced... Damn, I curse you, Capcom!! I devoted my childhood to you and now you "reward" me with this!!! May Koreans eat you!!!

Maese Spt
186th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Darkstalkers Question---Video & Pics" , posted Tue 14 Mar 23:10post reply

quote:

Damn, I curse you, Capcom!! I devoted my childhood to you and now you "reward" me with this!!! May Koreans eat you!!!

Korea aet Capcom! Along with Hayato's childhood, lol!

"At his coming the gods themselves are put to flight and the Buddhas vanish"

HAYATO
594th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Darkstalkers Question" , posted Tue 14 Mar 23:49post reply

quote:

It is supposed to restart sometime in summer I believe. The first arc is collected in a trade.

And The Burger King is far creepier than he should be.

Well, I just hope this shit of a plot isn't canon-wise. Not even Udon could make this crap look decent...and don't talk rash about Teh King!! He looks like "Hello Kitty" compared to what that vid you requested shows!!!

Ishmael
2418th Post

"Re(5):Darkstalkers Question---Video & Pics" , posted Wed 15 Mar 00:28post reply

quote:

Damn, I curse you, Capcom!! I devoted my childhood to you and now you "reward" me with this!!! May Koreans eat you!!!

Korea aet Capcom! Along with Hayato's childhood, lol!

Phoenix Wright is back in stores so Capcom is once again loved.

While I can see why Dee didn't make the cut in Vampire Savior anything that makes Donovan more interesting isn't something I can be totally against. As it was Donovan's sword had more personality than he did.

OmegaDog
1589th Post

"On Phoenix Wright's re-print" , posted Wed 15 Mar 00:50post reply

quote:

So it WASN'T just the European release!

Awesome news. But I wonder how many copies are being printed this time?

"So... IT'S FLITZ TIME EVERYBODY!" || CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 21

HAYATO
595th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):Darkstalkers Question---Video & Pics" , posted Wed 15 Mar 01:56post reply

quote:

Talk for yourself!! I hate you Obi W... Capcom!!! Not even "War of the Grail" will redeem you in my eyes!!! Perhaps a Captain Commando sequel... nothing will !!!!

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
*this bbs needs more angst smileys (duh, what an anachronism)*

End of Spoiler

quote:

While I can see why Dee didn't make the cut in Vampire Savior anything that makes Donovan more interesting isn't something I can be totally against. As it was Donovan's sword had more personality than he did.

Yeah, I guess that a human-demon hybrid, a buddhist priest who takes care of a little deranged girl and tries to contain his evil half while chasing dark creatures to purify a wretched world can't compete against... a bunch of furries, a pair of sluts and a mummy...

Iggy
7576th Post

"Re(7):Darkstalkers Question---Video & Pics" , posted Wed 15 Mar 02:01post reply

quote:
Yeah, I guess that a human-demon hybrid, a buddhist priest who takes care of a little deranged girl and tries to contain his evil half while chasing dark creatures to purify a wretched world can't compete against a mummy

Indeed, it can't.
End of the story.

YeldellGW
502th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(7):Darkstalkers Question---Video & Pics" , posted Wed 15 Mar 08:37post reply

quote:

Yeah, I guess that a human-demon hybrid, a buddhist priest who takes care of a little deranged girl and tries to contain his evil half while chasing dark creatures to purify a wretched world can't compete against... a bunch of furries, a pair of sluts and a mummy...

You forgot to throw in the Karate dude with a red headband that spends his entire life traveling the world; perfecting his martial arts. :2ch_kiraan:

I have yet to play the collection, but I don't see myself going out of my way to unlock this guy when (If) I do. Donovan, like Bishamon seems better than their hidden counterpart.

ZamIAm
1568th Post

"Re(7):Darkstalkers Question---Video & Pics" , posted Wed 15 Mar 13:57post reply

quote:

Sadly, no (hey, don't hate on Anakaris, now). But, we all sort of knew this would happen (his ending, not his gameplay) due to his previous storyline. And since his death is supposedly the event that unlocks both Anita's emotions and her god level powers, I'm very curious on where the story will go from here.

BTW, I haven't seen the vid yet (dialup...). Is it really all that bad?

Iggy
7577th Post

"Re(8):Darkstalkers Question---Video & Pics" , posted Wed 15 Mar 17:22post reply

quote:
BTW, I haven't seen the vid yet (dialup...). Is it really all that bad?

As a bonus nobody asked for in a collection game (which could have been just a bunch of roms and an emulator like the SNKP ones or the SFZero one), I still find the initiative really good.

NARUTO
3388th Post

"Re(7):Darkstalkers Question---Video & Pics" , posted Wed 15 Mar 17:37post reply

quote:

A pair of slut? Morrigan, Lilith...and what about a chinese SM mistress Leilei,A Leath/vinyl fetish Q-bee, and a fake nun like Felicia's and her Cat sisters...it's not a pare of slut, but the whole whore house...
And you forget a British dead ripp off Iggy pop, A living Barbecue, Santa klauss unshaved since 1 century...
then the half demon monk looks pretty normal...

HAYATO
596th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(8):Darkstalkers Question---Video & Pics" , posted Wed 15 Mar 18:30post reply

quote:
Indeed, it can't.
End of the story.

Hey Iggy, I'm fully aware of who your sexual fetish is, but tell me, if Anakaris was so powerful, how's that he couldn't stop the Exodus? And don't tell me Moses was too cheap and overpowered, because Aulbath is even cheaper than him and you claim the merman is no match for your beloved Pharaoh...

quote:

But, we all sort of knew this would happen (his ending, not his gameplay) due to his previous storyline. And since his death is supposedly the event that unlocks both Anita's emotions and her god level powers, I'm very curious on where the story will go from here.

It was supposed to be his pain, the agony which turns him into a full demon, not his death. In fact, in Vampire Hunter's Donovan ending Anita still wonders about Donovan's fate 20 years after she regained her emotions and left him alone in Demitri's castle...but this ending could be contradictory with Vampire Savior's (I don't know what happens in the arcade version, if anything does at all...).

quote:
As a bonus nobody asked for in a collection game (which could have been just a bunch of roms and an emulator like the SNKP ones or the SFZero one), I still find the initiative really good.

Yeah, as an initiative is pretty cool, and even I will play a little with Dee if I ever get the chance to do so, but there's many more for a game to succeed than mere initiatives. And I highly doubt that this Dee was the original concept the programmers and the designers had for the Evil Donovan that was intended to show up on Vampire Savior, that's what pisses me off. But well,a shit is better than nothing at all....isn't it?

Just a Person
760th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(9):Darkstalkers Question---Video & Pics" , posted Fri 17 Mar 00:35post reply

quote:
But, we all sort of knew this would happen (his ending, not his gameplay) due to his previous storyline. And since his death is supposedly the event that unlocks both Anita's emotions and her god level powers, I'm very curious on where the story will go from here.

The only way to know that is if Capcom ever makes a sequel for the Vampire/Darkstalkers series, and unfortunately it seems that it won´t happen for a long time...

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

TiamatRoar
748th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(10):Darkstalkers Question---Video & Pics" , posted Fri 17 Mar 01:23post reply

quote:
The only way to know that is if Capcom ever makes a sequel for the Vampire/Darkstalkers series, and unfortunately it seems that it won´t happen for a long time...

Sorta like how we're getting silliness shoe-horning like Ingrid in SFA3 Max yet the chances of Capcom ever releasing a new Street Fighter game are slim to none (a sad sad day when Final Fight Streetwise kade by an American studio of all things updates the plot more than anything else in a period of 7 years...)