France condecorates (¿?) 3 game makers - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1837 Views )

Sensenic
1462th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"France condecorates (¿?) 3 game makers" , posted Thu 9 Mar 22:44post reply

Spanish linking

The culture minister said those three are going to receive that medal for their great contribution to the industry...
What I like about it, it's that it is a general cultural title (eh... Lord, how can I say things better?). I mean, are finally games starting to be publically acknowledged as another culture/art form?

So, messieurs les joueurs français, whaddaya say?

Deidara. I just loved that face. XD

"It's you know like when you die and you can't quite believe it"
An undead friend.

Replies:

Kikkoken
1079th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):France condecorates (¿?) 3 game makers" , posted Thu 9 Mar 22:51post reply

quote:
[(eh... Lord, how can I say things better
So, messieurs les joueurs français, whaddaya say?

I'm afraid the Lord won't help you speak better English. Only English teachers can, hé hé.

Relativo al topico, penso que la medalia esta mui bien.

CHAZumaru
370th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):France condecorates (¿?) 3 game makers" , posted Thu 9 Mar 23:27post reply

Namedrop time

Iggy our good friend 『グ』 (the one which is very moe to your taste and somehow introduced you to the Romancing SaGa series a few years ago), will take care of translations for Miyamoto during his trip.

Otherwise I guess this news is... good? Ever since football players and aging rockstars have received the highest national merits that were once reserved to war heroes and great resistants, I've lost interest into arguing whether such or such official recognition was deserved or not. The three of them have obviously been important both for the medium and the industry.

NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 Z80 AND SH-2 HEART ON FIRE !!

CHAZumaru
374th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):France condecorates (¿?) 3 game makers" , posted Tue 14 Mar 00:10:post reply

There are pictures of the event hosted at Prof's "longtime friends". [edit: and now a video of Miyamoto's speech, too.] It's the first time I notice how much Frédérick Raynal looks like he escaped from Kenka Banchou. There's also the hilariously phony speech from the Minister to check out, if you speak a bit of french.

"Dear Frédérick Raynal. Today you are neither alone, nor in the dark." 15笑

[this message was edited by CHAZumaru on Tue 14 Mar 01:01]

Kikkoken
1081th Post

"Re(3):France condecorates (¿?) 3 game makers" , posted Tue 14 Mar 01:00post reply

On dirait Greg le traducteur. En tout cas, on le voit bien, hein.

CHAZumaru
374th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(4):France condecorates (¿?) 3 game makers" , posted Tue 14 Mar 01:04post reply

quote:
On dirait Greg le traducteur. En tout cas, on le voit bien, hein.

It's him, indeed.
I added a link to a video in my previous post.

Iggy
7572th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(4):France condecorates (¿?) 3 game makers" , posted Tue 14 Mar 01:06post reply

Kikkoken
1082th Post

"Re(5):France condecorates (¿?) 3 game makers" , posted Tue 14 Mar 03:23post reply

Where's a video of the Minister's speech?
Also Iggy, what a shame you weren't Miyamoto's translator-buddy, I could have shown off for being the man who saw the man who saw Miyamoto.

Iggy
7574th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(6):France condecorates (¿?) 3 game makers" , posted Tue 14 Mar 03:27post reply

If I had been, my own body-facist rules would have forced me to insert a screwdriver through each of the holes of my body.

Kikkoken
1083th Post

"Re(7):France condecorates (¿?) 3 game makers" , posted Tue 14 Mar 03:43post reply

quote:
If I had been, my own body-facist rules would have forced me to insert a screwdriver through each of the holes of my body.

Anyway, I'm sure you'd look better than Greg in that suit, even with the screwdrivers in.