Random Namae no Nai Heya translations - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3864 Views )

Iggy
7554th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Sun 5 Mar 01:40post reply

The other thread was a bit long, so here's the new one !

The downside of the success of the NDS
Interesting analysis : "an overdominant position of Nintendô wouldn't be good, Sony would better do their best with the PS3".
The overdominant position of the DS reminds of course the years of the SFC domination, but I find interesting the fight is between the NDS and the PS3. Neither the PSP nor the Revo seem to be relevant, and everybody seems to have forgotten the 360.

Speaking of which...
"Why the 360 won't succeed in Korea".
The console was designed with the asian market in aim, but it's already a failure in Japan.
In Korea, the name "X Box" still reminds the failure of the non-360, the games are few and hard to get even though they are translated this time, so the online possibilities won't be enough to drag the Korean market. Even with the few games released, even fewer places want to sell them, because of the poor reputation of the X Box.

Replies:

Ishmael
2411th Post

"Re(1):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Mon 6 Mar 05:38post reply

Sony is making many grand claims about what the PS3 will be able to do, but one thing they aren't claiming is that it will be portable. Is the PS3 and DS even competing for the same segment of the game market?

I remember when the DS was first announced I thought it was, at best, a novelty that would quickly be forgotten except as the punchline to a joke. Now I can't decide whether to go buy one or wait for the DS Lite. My, how times change.

Iggy
7556th Post

"Re(2):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Mon 6 Mar 08:46post reply

What's interesting is that the market might be devided between a home console (PS3) and a portable console (DS).... Except the DS will have, amongst its many accessories, the revolution.

The Revo will be nothing but a periferal around the DS, but this alone will be enough / will be its only chance to compete.
Since it may be cheap, but wil the PS3 be more expensive than a Reov + a DS ?

Either way, more Valkyrie Silmeria :
http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/2006/03/01/104,1141219579,49370,0,0.html

Iggy
7558th Post

"Re(1):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Mon 6 Mar 22:15post reply

While the Persona games should be ported to PSP or DS, the next episode of the series should be on PS2.
As for Raidou, the series won't be "Raidou 2, Raidou 3..." but rather "Raidou and the mystery of..." "Raidou versus...".

Pangya Revo

New Square Enix The Best : Minstrel Song & Front Mission 4th

Valkyrie Profile Release date : 22/06, expensive. First press : figure, soundtrack.

Kyouji
44th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Mon 6 Mar 23:14post reply

quote:
Valkyrie Profile Release date : 22/06, expensive. First press : figure, soundtrack.

Cripes, that really is expensive. 14,910 for the LE. Watch the import shops blow that up to 190 US/EURO. I'm not sure I trust Tri-Ace enough to preorder something so expensive.

Iggy
7559th Post

"Re(1):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Mon 6 Mar 23:36post reply

quote:
I'm not sure I trust Tri-Ace enough to preorder something so expensive.

I'm not sure I trust TriAce enough to buy the vanilla game without waiting a few weeks for the feedback.

So far, VP remains an accident in their production of dumb, uninteresting moe-RPG.

mugener
37th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Tue 7 Mar 19:34post reply

quote:

FFXII is cheaper than VP2? THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE AT ALL.

Iggy
7560th Post

"Re(3):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Tue 7 Mar 23:54post reply

And speaking of emulation : Ryûkô no ken ten-chi-jin's first release date is on the 11/05. For 5040 yen, three roms and a functionning emulator ! yeay !

Iggy
7561th Post

"Re(2):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Wed 8 Mar 18:58post reply

quote:
While the Persona games should be ported to PSP or DS, the next episode of the series should be on PS2.

Indeed.

http://img132.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=05868_pers01.jpg
http://img17.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=05875_pers02.jpg
http://img127.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=05881_pers03.jpg
http://img15.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=05883_pers04.jpg
http://img18.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=05889_pers05.jpg
http://img44.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=06008_pers06.jpg
http://img45.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=06013_pers07.jpg

Courtesy of Shito.

Radish
3144th Post

"Re(3):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Wed 8 Mar 20:35:post reply

quote:

Indeed.

http://img132.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=05868_pers01.jpg
http://img17.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=05875_pers02.jpg
http://img127.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=05881_pers03.jpg
http://img15.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=05883_pers04.jpg
http://img18.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=05889_pers05.jpg
http://img44.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=06008_pers06.jpg
http://img45.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=06013_pers07.jpg

Courtesy of Shito.

Damnit Iggy, I wanted to break these...

Looks like they got the Stella Deus guy to do the character designs instead of Kaneko which is kinda odd (maybe it is him and he's just trying a new style or something, I dunno). Either way this is pretty kickass. I'm pretty confident that Atlus USA will pick it up as they've done most of the recent SMT games and I guess there's still time for them to annouce Devil Summoner.

quote:

I'm not sure I trust TriAce enough to buy the vanilla game without waiting a few weeks for the feedback.

So far, VP remains an accident in their production of dumb, uninteresting moe-RPG.

This is so true it makes me sad.

[this message was edited by Radish on Wed 8 Mar 20:51]

Iggy
7562th Post

"Re(3):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Wed 8 Mar 23:19post reply

SFZero Fighters Generations in japanese : 25/05.

Even the name sounds americano-cheap.

The next Metal Saga game will be on NDS.
Metal Saga, hagane no Kisetsu, to.

Maese Spt
183th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Thu 9 Mar 02:03post reply

quote:
And speaking of emulation : Ryûkô no ken ten-chi-jin's first release date is on the 11/05. For 5040 yen, three roms and a functionning emulator ! yeay !

He he, that's just what I thought when I read about it this morning... I wonder what on earth would an average 21st century PS2 player think at the sight of King's ripped shirt. Her pixelated bra was already ludicrous back on the 90s...

"At his coming the gods themselves are put to flight and the Buddhas vanish"

Iggy
7566th Post

"Re(1):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Fri 10 Mar 01:44post reply

Vitrua Fighter 5 : end of July / early August.

Iggy
7573th Post

"Re(2):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Tue 14 Mar 02:16post reply

Valkyrie Profile site updated with tons of things

The links between the DS and mobile phones

Evenor
326th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Tue 14 Mar 02:39post reply

quote:
Vitrua Fighter 5 : end of July / early August.

Anyone have pics of the "monkey" girl?

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

Kyouji
46th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Tue 14 Mar 12:27:post reply

quote:
Anyone have pics of the "monkey" girl?

There is a picture of her in the April issue of Arcadia. She's cute, and in motion, she reminds me of Sun Wu Kong.

\o/

[this message was edited by Kyouji on Tue 14 Mar 12:34]

Ishmael
2419th Post

"Re(4):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Wed 15 Mar 00:34post reply

quote:

There is a picture of her in the April issue of Arcadia. She's cute, and in motion, she reminds me of Sun Wu Kong.

\o/

She is pretty cute. While I like that most of the characters seem to be getting uglier as the series progresses -for instance Akira looks more like a tree stump with each passing game- it's nice to have another pleasant looking character added to the roster.

Iggy
7575th Post

"Re(1):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Wed 15 Mar 01:42post reply

Calibur 3 Arcade Edition 04/03.

Ace Combat Zero soundtrack.

Createch is doing Metal Saga DS.

Sony in trouble

Pollyanna
1678th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Wed 15 Mar 11:26post reply

The "Stella Deus Guy" did all the in-game art for Persona 2 IS/EP anyway. Kaneko did the initial character designs and he did the rest. I don't know if Kaneko designed all of the background characters or not.

I'm forced to look at Persona 3 as something new, and not as Persona.

Also, DS:Raidou isn't very good. The visuals, music and story are just fine, but the gameplay is idiotic. It's sort of..."wide" rather than "deep". That is to say, there's a lot to do, but none of it is very involved. It's one of the first times I've enjoyed the towns in a game, but as an SMT sequel, it still fails.

CHAZumaru
375th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Wed 15 Mar 11:47post reply

quote:
as an SMT sequel, it still fails.

But more importantly, as a DS sequel, how does it stand?

NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 Z80 AND SH-2 HEART ON FIRE !!

Pollyanna
1679th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Wed 15 Mar 12:22post reply

quote:

But more importantly, as a DS sequel, how does it stand?

Well, I consider them one in the same, since the DS games were very close to the SMT games in most aspects (plot/setting excluded). It's not fair to lump Persona and SMT together, but I think it -is- fair with DS, since it's in the "SMT" series (in the title).

At any rate, the battle system stinks. I guess it's like Parasite Eve (the first one) with random encounters and a demon buddy. Your movement is very slow, and you have a very low number of moves. You have a sword, which can do 3 slow, unexciting attacks, and a gun, which you can equip with elemental bullets to freeze/capture demons. You can only control your demon with AI settings that you have to CHANGE EVERY GODDAMNED FIGHT. They also die a lot, but that isn't really a complaint.

So, obviously, combat is very simple. There's a lot of investigation you can do, though, as each demon has a "map skill" that either helps you in interrogations/gets you around obstacles. You can also send a demon out alone to investigate in areas that you can't (as demons are invisible to "normal" people). When you control the demon, you use them in combat, and each is quite different, although they're all boring, since the fight system is so sluggish.

(so, while you don't negotiate with demons, you use them to get information)

The map skill system, while entertaining, is terribly one-dimensional, as is the battle system. There's a lot to do, but none of it is very in-depth or interesting. There is still a small degree of depth in demon fusion/inheritance, but it just doesn't make up for everything else.

Buuut...if you're just judging it on atmosphere/art/music, then I think it's a fine sequel.

Iggy
7583th Post

"Re(1):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Thu 16 Mar 02:32post reply

Guitadora 5 unlockables

Kawazu = kami !
Yes, I know, shut up please.

Ôdama official site
Ôdama, Killer 7, Ôkami, and maybe Zettai Zetsumei 2 released... An era is ending.

Stafi 4

Iggy
7588th Post

"Re(1):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Sat 18 Mar 04:42post reply

KOF Orochihen pushed back to April.

Iggy
7592th Post

"ΨΦ is dead" , posted Tue 21 Mar 03:20post reply

After 2 location tests, Yû Suzuki's latest game has been shot down one month prior to its release date, without explanations.

I really liked the general concept... Sad.

Ishmael
2423th Post

"Re(1):ΨΦ is dead" , posted Tue 21 Mar 04:27post reply

quote:
After 2 location tests, Yû Suzuki's latest game has been shot down one month prior to its release date, without explanations.

I really liked the general concept... Sad.

What was the concept behind this game with a name I cannot pronounce? The graphics are intriguing; it looks like a variation on Psychic Force. Or was it's similarity to Psychic Force the reason it was shot down?

Iggy
7593th Post

"Re(2):ΨΦ is dead" , posted Tue 21 Mar 05:03post reply

quote:
What was the concept behind this game with a name I cannot pronounce? The graphics are intriguing; it looks like a variation on Psychic Force. Or was it's similarity to Psychic Force the reason it was shot down?

Psy Fi was like a psychic force, but with a huge touche screen wich allowed you to draw pentacles and various magical stuff on screen with your hands. It could have been fun (in Japan ; in the rest of the world, the touch screen would have been broken in two days).
It also looked very complicated to play, since you only use the touch screen, I think there weren't any buttons.

NARUTO
3390th Post

"Re(3):ΨΦ is dead" , posted Wed 22 Mar 18:08post reply

quote:
Psy Fi was like a psychic force, but with a huge touche screen wich allowed you to draw pentacles and various magical stuff on screen with your hands. It could have been fun (in Japan ; in the rest of the world, the touch screen would have been broken in two days).
It also looked very complicated to play, since you only use the touch screen, I think there weren't any buttons.

Well As far I know the game is not dead but delayed until further notice, (which could sound the same...) well maybe the game will pops out later in the year after some changes...
As for the touch screen, you can always try the ply with the SNCF's one Iggy....^ ^

PS: Pollyanna, you avatar really rocks!

Tu Fuis Ego eris...Like you I was Like me you'll be...

Iggy
7595th Post

"Re(1):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Wed 22 Mar 22:27post reply

quote:
Well As far I know the game is not dead but delayed until further notice

Keep your hope going, the game should be released a few days after CFA☆.

Time Mage
2359th Post

"Re(2):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Wed 22 Mar 22:30post reply

quote:
Well As far I know the game is not dead but delayed until further notice

And just after that, Sammy vs Capcom, don't forget it.

~~~Knowledge is power~~~

Iggy
7597th Post

"Re(3):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Thu 23 Mar 01:48post reply

Uho ! NARUTO was right, and I apologize : the development of the game may resume on an undisclosed date.

The real problem of the PS3 ? You can't make games on it !
Extremely interesting article, really.

Why do western MMORPG fail in Korea
Everquest 2 went offline after a mere year of exploitation.

And finally, a good news : Tokimemo Online is finally released !

gorgeous
118th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Fri 24 Mar 10:41post reply

quote:
And finally, a good news :

Also, Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 2 is really coming out next week!!

I know this because

a.) it was scored in Famitsu (7 7 7 7 -- if it scored any higher, I probably wouldn't bother)

b.) the ONE sample copy irem saw fit to send the employees in my office arrived early this morning, and was snatched up by the secretary, who has been playing Kingdom Hearts for three months in preparation to begin playing Kingdom Hearts II. Which she's had for . . . three months.

Hell!!

i think she's going to give it to her boyfriend or something. and then they'll play it "together" in the "dark" the one night they see each other every month for just fifteen minutes before taking each other's clothes off. at this rate, i will either have to wait or . . . uh, just buy it!!

NARUTO
3391th Post

"Re(3):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Fri 24 Mar 18:31post reply

quote:

And just after that, Sammy vs Capcom, don't forget it.

Wow, so many good game in the same time....hard to choose...^ ^

Tu Fuis Ego eris...Like you I was Like me you'll be...

Iggy
7600th Post

"Re(4):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Fri 24 Mar 20:31post reply

quote:
And finally, a good news : Tokimemo Online is finally released !

Even more frightening :
Tokimemo the animation

Iggy
7601th Post

"Revolution-s" , posted Sat 25 Mar 03:29post reply

First details on Dôbutsu no mori Revolution

The Revo will emulate games from old Nintendô consoles, but also Megadrive and PC Engine games as well.
Sega likes.

Maese Spt
195th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Revolution-s" , posted Sat 25 Mar 07:08post reply

quote:

The Revo will emulate games from old Nintendô consoles, but also PC Engine games as well.

So, in the near future, I *might* be able to play Rondo of Blood in my living room wide screen TV at last... and without having to buy & mod chip an Xbox...

OH, THE JOY!

MATSUKEN SAMBA!!!

Evenor
344th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Revolution-s" , posted Sat 25 Mar 14:52post reply

What ever happened to the "Rule of Roses" game?
Any good?

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

Tai-Pan
91th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Revolution-s" , posted Sat 25 Mar 15:40post reply

quote:
First details on Dôbutsu no mori Revolution

The Revo will emulate games from old Nintendô consoles, but also Megadrive and PC Engine games as well.
Sega likes.

Heaven-like

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Juan
4238th Post

"Re(4):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Sat 25 Mar 15:48post reply

Sounds like the jump from Xenogears to Xenosaga.

CHINGADAMADREHIJOSDEPUT

quote:

This is so true it makes me sad.

Iggy
7604th Post

"Re(3):Revolution-s" , posted Sat 25 Mar 22:13post reply

quote:
What ever happened to the "Rule of Roses" game?
Any good?

Not really. But the movies and the ambience were great.

I hate to admit it, but I'm afraid Juan is right about VP.

Arngrim
106th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Revolution-s" , posted Sun 26 Mar 06:26post reply

OMG Iggy, your avatar, when taken out of its original content, it's freakin xD

Well... it is anyway xDDDD

Death!!! But in this place... there is no happiness.

Iggy
7605th Post

"Re(5):Revolution-s" , posted Sun 26 Mar 06:28post reply

And you haven't seen my new tag yet !

Arngrim
107th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Revolution-s" , posted Sun 26 Mar 06:33post reply

quote:

It's fantastic

Iggy
7607th Post

"Re(1):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Mon 27 Mar 01:12post reply

Nomura stuff
No big additions to the US edition of KH2, so no KH2 Final mix.
On the other hand, the game will have several details edited to reflect the american rating system, like guns in the Pirate level being changed with "less agressive weapons".

Nomura's next project is still a KH title, but it's neither KH3 (yet) nor an animation ; probably a gaiden.
Rumor has it that his team is working on several projects at the same time.

Red Falcon
5649th Post

"Re(2):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Mon 27 Mar 11:26:post reply

Apparently your avatar and tag are from something, and can somehow be "out of content"? Wh..what WAS this content? 0_o I'm expecting something about STDs or "predatory males", but considering the internet and all...

Best site EVER:Link Here

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Mon 27 Mar 12:38]

Iggy
7609th Post

"Re(3):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Mon 27 Mar 16:51post reply

quote:
Wh..what WAS this content?

Actually, you're right, it was a campain against AIDS.

Arngrim
108th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Tue 28 Mar 00:29post reply

Iggy may I spoil the fun by saying it? xD

Iggy
7614th Post

"Re(5):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Tue 28 Mar 01:52post reply

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
hidden spoiler tag !

End of Spoiler

gorgeous
121th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Wed 29 Mar 13:05:post reply

quote:
Nomura's next project is still a KH title...neither KH3 (yet) nor an animation...probably a gaiden.

It's probably going to be "Kingdom Hearts: Final Fantasy VII Edition," with all of the Disney characters cut out so the Final Fantasy VII characters can moan about "that thing that happened three years ago," intercut with scenes from Advent Children.

In a hidden scene, Yuffie will wear Mickey Mouse ears.

And here's the innovation -- the game will feature a picture-in-picture webcam view containing sixteen hours of footage of Tetsuya Nomura's chin trembling as he watches a looping DVD of Gackt videos. Around hour fourteen, a little bit of drool trickles out.

quote:
Rumor has it that his team is working on several projects at the same time.

I think they're ironing his T-shirts and nylon track pants!!

Yeah, I went there!!

[this message was edited by gorgeous on Wed 29 Mar 13:13]

Juan
4240th Post

"Re(6):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Wed 29 Mar 13:22post reply

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

quote:

Iggy
7617th Post

"Re(7):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Wed 29 Mar 16:33:post reply

In other news, an earthquake shook Tôkyô two days before the release of Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 2. That was CLOSE.

It may be time to check what Miucchi is up to.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Wed 29 Mar 16:45]

Iggy
7622th Post

"Re(1):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Thu 30 Mar 00:09post reply

Five DS Konami title reedited as Best editions including Castlevania, Survival kids and Goemon. 06/29, 2940yens.

Imoya, master of the crappy excuses :
If the KOF Orochi compilation is pushed back again to 04/20, it's because the fabric doing the Neo Geo Stick 3 for the limited edition had a malfunction.
I guess that's enough of an explanation to push back the release of an emulator + 3 roms for over 4 month, limited and regular edition...
Or is it ?

Tai-Pan
104th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Revolution-s" , posted Thu 30 Mar 01:00post reply

quote:

yummy

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Iggy
7626th Post

"Re(1):Random Namae no Nai Heya translations" , posted Fri 31 Mar 02:31post reply

Enterbrain is going to release a Famitsû Meisaku Game Bunko series.

For 3150 yen, you get an extremely famous PS1 game and an extensive FAQ book.
The first games, released this saturday, will be TearRing Saga (Enterbrain), Dino Crisis (Capcom) and Shin Megami Tensei (Atlus).