'The King of Fighters 2006' - Rd. 1 - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3986 Views )

Bata kun
2827th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"'The King of Fighters 2006' - Rd. 1" , posted Sat 4 Mar 03:24:post reply

1. Kawakami Tomoko-san Chiimu - Utena ("Shoujo Kakumei Utena"), Rosette ("Chrno Crusade") and Jinju ("KoF") - Me. vs. X16. Super China team - Long ("KoF"), Ranma (Natch) and Ton Pooh: ("Strider" series) - Naruto.

8. The Kawaii Shoujo Mechanic Team - Lucca ("Chrono Trigger"), Winry ("Hagaren") and Roll ("Rockman Dash") - Cain. vs. 9. Theoretical Reticle Team - Spike ("Cowboy Bebop"), Dan ("Killer7") & Maria Traydor ("Star Ocean 3") - Korigama.

5. Hyperactive Tomboy Girls Team - Lina ("Slayers"), Makoto ("Street Fighter III: Third Strike"), and Tomo ("Azumanga Daiou") - Time Mage. vs. X12. "Team Dantastic 2.0: the no loophole edition" - Dan ("SFZ"), Kagura ("Azumanga") and Christie ("DoA") - Dr. Baghead.

4. The Super Fierce Fashion Team - Ulala ("SpCh5"), Iwazaru ("Killer 7") and Sailor Aluminum Siren ("Sailormoon: Sailorstars season") - Evenor. vs. 13. Fatal Beauties Team - Taki ("Soul Calibur"/"Edge" saga), Hyakurin ("Mugen no Jūnin") and Peorth ("Ah! Megami-sama") - Maese Spt.

3. The Stealth Team (Yeah, that's so uncreative) - May ("Guilty Gear"), Basara("Samurai Spirits"), and Misato ("Eva") - Shooo-rook. vs. 14. Ninja Fetish Power Team - Shinobu ("Shinobuden"), Hanzou ("SS") & Mukurou ("Warzard") - KTallguy.

6. Redheaded Crazy Women Team - Maki ("Airmaster"), Vanessa ("KoF") and Red Akiha ("Melty Blood") - Nate. vs. 11. Chocolate Thunder Team - Static (Natch), Big Landman ("Burning Rangers"), and Aisha Clanclan ("Outlaw Star) - Zam.

7. Megane Chiimu - Fumiko ("Shikigami no Shiro" saga), French Lace ("Ibara", "Pink Sweets") & Natsuko ("Re: Cutie Honey") - Rid. vs. 10. Dai's New Toys Team - Daisuke ("Heat Guy J"), Maxima ("KoF") & Armitage (Natch) - shindekudasai.

2. Kawasumi Ayako-san chiimu - Fuu ("Samurai Champloo"), Hinako ("KoF"), and Kokoro ("DoA") - Neoryu. vs. 15. Super (I refuse to type that other word) - Karnov ("Fighters History"), Kusaregedou ("SS") and Mr. Heart ("Hokuto no Ken") - Krzyzewski Man.

Since I don't trust the polls anymore, I now have to rely on the posts instead. Now, find your team. If you have the "X", in the end, you lose one vote. If not, you're fine.

I'm so going to adopt new rules for the next tournament. That's for sure. I honestly don't like these ones.

The voting stops a week from today at noon PST. I guess that's it? In the words of Kyou, iku ze!

Oh. My votes? They're bolded.

1. Kawakami Tomoko-san Chiimu - Utena ("Shoujo Kakumei Utena"), Rosette ("Chrno Crusade") and Jinju ("KoF") - Me. vs. X16. Super China team - Long ("KoF"), Ranma (Natch) and Ton Pooh: ("Strider" series) - Naruto.

That's obvious.

8. The Kawaii Shoujo Mechanic Team - Lucca ("Chrono Trigger"), Winry ("Hagaren") and Roll ("Rockman Dash") - Cain. vs. 9. Theoretical Reticle Team - Spike ("Cowboy Bebop"), Dan ("Killer7") & Maria Traydor ("Star Ocean 3") - Korigama.

As much as I'm a fan of those three girls, I have to go with my mind here.

5. Hyperactive Tomboy Girls Team - Lina ("Slayers"), Makoto ("Street Fighter III: Third Strike"), and Tomo ("Azumanga Daiou") - Time Mage. vs. X12. "Team Dantastic 2.0: the no loophole edition" - Dan ("SFZ"), Kagura ("Azumanga") and Christie ("DoA") - Dr. Baghead.

Yes, I am weak to Megumi-san's characters.

4. The Super Fierce Fashion Team - Ulala ("SpCh5"), Iwazaru ("Killer 7") and Sailor Aluminum Siren ("Sailormoon: Sailorstars season") - Evenor. vs. 13. Fatal Beauties Team - Taki ("Soul Calibur"/"Edge" saga), Hyakurin ("Mugen no Jūnin") and Peorth ("Ah! Megami-sama") - Maese Spt.

Taki's in it! What more can I say?

3. The Stealth Team (Yeah, that's so uncreative) - May ("Guilty Gear"), Basara("Samurai Spirits"), and Misato ("Eva") - Shooo-rook. vs. 14. Ninja Fetish Power Team - Shinobu ("Shinobuden"), Hanzou ("SS") & Mukurou ("Warzard") - KTallguy.

Sorry May and Misato, but the other team has Hanzou & Mukurou. That's good enough for me.

6. Redheaded Crazy Women Team - Maki ("Airmaster"), Vanessa ("KoF") and Red Akiha ("Melty Blood") - Nate. vs. 11. Chocolate Thunder Team - Static (Natch), Big Landman ("Burning Rangers"), and Aisha Clanclan ("Outlaw Star) - Zam.

Vanessa and Akiha? Are you nuts? =P

7. Megane Chiimu - Fumiko ("Shikigami no Shiro" saga), French Lace ("Ibara", "Pink Sweets") & Natsuko ("Re: Cutie Honey") - Rid. vs. 10. Dai's New Toys Team - Daisuke ("Heat Guy J"), Maxima ("KoF") & Armitage (Natch) - shindekudasai.

Guys dig the glasses.

2. Kawasumi Ayako-san chiimu - Fuu ("Samurai Champloo"), Hinako ("KoF"), and Kokoro ("DoA") - Neoryu. vs. 15. Super (I refuse to type that other word) - Karnov ("Fighters History"), Kusaregedou ("SS") and Mr. Heart ("Hokuto no Ken") - Krzyzewski Man.

Kawasumi Ayako-san! I mean good golly, she's one of the hottest seiyuu in the last several years! Not to mention, she has that good of a voice!

[this message was edited by Bata kun on Sat 4 Mar 03:53]

Replies:

Time Mage
2336th Post

"Re(1):'The King of Fighters 2006' - Rd. 1" , posted Sat 4 Mar 03:57post reply

I don't have any preference for either team, so my vote goes to Naruto's "Super China Team", to undo the starting disadvantage.

DAMN. This one is hard. Cain's team is perfectly consistent with its theme, plus it has great characters. Korigama's team, while having a random name, has Spike and Maria, which are two characters that I love. So, in the end, the vote goes to Korigama's "Theoretical Reticle Team".

I won't vote in this one, obviously.

Except for Ulala, Evenor's team doesn't have as much appeal as Taki and Hyakurin from Maese's team. So, my vote goes to Maese Spt's "Fatal Beauties Team".

Even having May from GG, which gives Shoo-rook's team negative points, Basara and Misato balance it more than enough. KTallguy's team, however, features characters that are too "meh" for my tastes excepting maybe Hanzo, so my vote goes to Shoo-rook's "Stealth Team".

I don't know any of Zam's team members, and Nate's team has Vanessa. Since Vanesa is reason enough to like an entire team, my vote goes to Nate's "Redheaded Crazy Women Team".

I don't know any character there except from Maxima, who I don't like. So, null vote.

15. Super (I refuse to type that other word) - Karnov ("Fighters History"), Kusaregedou ("SS") and Mr. Heart ("Hokuto no Ken") - Krzyzewski Man. vs. 2. Kawasumi Ayako-san chiimu - Fuu ("Samurai Champloo"), Hinako ("KoF"), and Kokoro ("DoA") - Neoryu.

I hate Hinako. Fuu is quite good, but not enough to compensate Hinako's negative points. So, I vote Krzyzewski Man's "Super MOE Team", just because it's a soooo cute team.

NeoRyu
1082th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):'The King of Fighters 2006' - Rd. 1" , posted Sat 4 Mar 07:27post reply

1. Kawakami Tomoko-san Chiimu - Utena ("Shoujo Kakumei Utena"), Rosette ("Chrno Crusade") and Jinju ("KoF")

9. Theoretical Reticle Team - Spike ("Cowboy Bebop"), Dan ("Killer7") & Maria Traydor ("Star Ocean 3") - Korigama.

12. "Team Dantastic 2.0: the no loophole edition" - Dan ("SFZ"), Kagura ("Azumanga") and Christie ("DoA") - Dr. Baghead.

4. The Super Fierce Fashion Team - Ulala ("SpCh5"), Iwazaru ("Killer 7") and Sailor Aluminum Siren ("Sailormoon: Sailorstars season")

14. Ninja Fetish Power Team - Shinobu ("Shinobuden"), Hanzou ("SS") & Mukurou ("Warzard") - KTallguy.

6. Redheaded Crazy Women Team - Maki ("Airmaster"), Vanessa ("KoF") and Red Akiha ("Melty Blood")

7. Megane Chiimu - Fumiko ("Shikigami no Shiro" saga), French Lace ("Ibara", "Pink Sweets") & Natsuko ("Re: Cutie Honey")

2. Kawasumi Ayako-san chiimu - Fuu ("Samurai Champloo"), Hinako ("KoF"), and Kokoro ("DoA")

I just listed the teams I have picked.

Fuu is a cutie!!

Bata kun
2828th Post

"Re(2):'The King of Fighters 2006' - Rd. 1" , posted Sat 4 Mar 09:34post reply

quote:
So, I vote Krzyzewski Man's "Super MOE Team", just because it's a soooo cute team.

I hate you for saying that statement. Now, I can't stop laughing. XD

Rid
7029th Post

"Re(1):'The King of Fighters 2006' - Rd. 1" , posted Sat 4 Mar 09:46:post reply

Kawakami Tomoko-san Chiimu

Anthy made me vote for this.

Theoretical Reticle Team

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
Spike dies

End of Spoiler

Hyperactive Tomboy Girls Team

Makoto is... Makoto.

Fatal Beauties Team

As much as I like Ulala, Hyakurin is an excellent choice, so there goes my vote.

The Stealth Team

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
Misato dies

End of Spoiler

Redheaded Crazy Women Team

I have a crush on Vanessa since she appeared on KOF99 for DC.

Megane Chiimu

Just because!

Kawasumi Ayako-san chiimu

I want a tied up Fuu for my birthday.

[this message was edited by Rid on Sat 4 Mar 09:47]

Dr Baghead
3577th Post

"Re(1):'The King of Fighters 2006' - Rd. 1" , posted Sat 4 Mar 10:15post reply

my choices in bold:

Because I actually know who the people on China Team are

I enjoy the theme of it

In all seriousness though, if I didn't hate Lina I'd voted againist myself... Dan and Makoto are evenly matched (since they both just shitty Ryu's right?) Tomo would destroy Kagura (sure Kagura's more athelitic, but Tomo is a crafty devil with hyper energy... she's got the clear eddge)... so really this fight boils down to Christie shoting Lina in the head, which would be awesome.

Ulala is cool

Because May and Misato teaming up means somewhere the creator of the Gears is being sued by Gendo for copyright infrigement for making them look exactly like EVAs

There's a dessert at 'Outback Steakhouse' called "Chocolate Thunder From Down Under"... my brothers and I enjoy that name because it sounds like what the Crocodile Hunter would call a case of the trots... not that Zam's team is like a case of the trots (which it certainly not), just saying the use of the term 'Chocolate Thunder' reminded me of that so I voted for it

Because the team name reminds of the Hellboy:Weird Tale drawn by Kia Asamiya where in HB has to to investigate a haunted warehouse owned by "Dai Bang's Toys"

Moe, Moe, Moe, Moe, Moe. Bart you promised you'd MOE the grass today. Okay but remember you Promised me MOE money. Moe Moe Moe Moemoemoemoemoemoemoemoemoemoemoemoemoemoemoe

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

Bata kun
2829th Post

"Re(2):'The King of Fighters 2006' - Rd. 1" , posted Sat 4 Mar 11:49post reply

quote:
Moe, Moe, Moe, Moe, Moe. Bart you promised you'd MOE the grass today. Okay but remember you Promised me MOE money. Moe Moe Moe Moemoemoemoemoemoemoemoemoemoemoemoemoemoemoe

Great. Another one that needs to stop drinking or whatever. =P

ZamIAm
1563th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):'The King of Fighters 2006' - Rd. 1" , posted Sat 4 Mar 12:28post reply

-no vote

-no vote

Korigama
92th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):'The King of Fighters 2006' - Rd. 1" , posted Sat 4 Mar 12:51post reply

-no vote

-I won't bother to vote here

-no vote

Evenor
320th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):'The King of Fighters 2006' - Rd. 1" , posted Sat 4 Mar 16:33post reply

I like the opening themes for Utena

-no vote-

I'd go gay for Dan

Obvious but Ulala has saved the world form sadistic dancing aliens ( twice), Aluminum Siren as a sea shell in the middle of her face, and Iwazaru is just fucking sexy.

3. The Stealth Team (Yeah, that's so uncreative) - May ("Guilty Gear"), Basara("Samurai Spirits"), and Misato ("Eva")
- Shooo-rook. vs. 14. Ninja Fetish Power Team - Shinobu ("Shinobuden"), Hanzou ("SS") & Mukurou ("Warzard") - KTallguy.

Ninjas are overated and May is very marine-life friendly ( a plus in my book)

I lurve Vanessa and her alcholic tendencies.

-no vote-

How the fuck can you put Kusaregedo up against Hinako!?!?!?

I love them both to death, but my vote was decided through a intense game of Rock-paper-scissor.....

MOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

Maese Spt
181th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):'The King of Fighters 2006' - Rd. 1" , posted Sat 4 Mar 21:01post reply

No vote

8. The Kawaii Shoujo Mechanic Team - Lucca ("Chrono Trigger"), Winry ("Hagaren") and Roll ("Rockman Dash")
- Cain. vs. 9. Theoretical Reticle Team - Spike ("Cowboy Bebop"), Dan ("Killer7") & Maria Traydor ("Star Ocean 3") - Korigama.

Tron Bonne would have been better, but Roll is cute too.

Makoto totally FTW.

Pretty obvious... but I must admit an Ulala vs. Hyakurin match on the very first round is a clash of super titans.

This one is easy. Shinobu is moe beyond redemption, and I kinda like classic videogame ninjas.

Vanessa for teh win!

Meganekko=instant win.

I suspect we have a champion here. Who could possibly best the Super Moe team? It has no match under heaven! Besides, is as mooooooooooooe as you can get <3

Wah, those silly games work great against hangover! Go go Fatal Beauties team!

"At his coming the gods themselves are put to flight and the Buddhas vanish"

Bata kun
2831th Post

"Re(3):'The King of Fighters 2006' - Rd. 1" , posted Sat 4 Mar 23:40:post reply

Darn you people shoving that word into my face! =P

quote:
How the fuck can you put Kusaregedo up against Hinako!?!?!?

Teams that didn't pick a number had a number picked randomly. Simple as that.

[this message was edited by Bata kun on Sun 5 Mar 05:21]

Cain Highwind
659th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):'The King of Fighters 2006' - Rd. 1" , posted Sun 5 Mar 08:36post reply

Forget the voice actress, the girls themselves are awesome, and would work great together. Seriously Naruto, by themselves, those characters are cool, but I just can't see them working together very well.

I also won't vote for my own team match.

A tough one indeed. But I think Lina and Tomo would get so mad at Kagura's and Christie's bust sizes that they'd completely overwhelm them. "Give it back give it back!" Leaving Makoto vs Dan and well, Dan might win that one.

I hardly know any of these characters, but I do know that Fatal + Beauty is an instant win combination.

Ninjas get the job done.

Static is cool, so is Aisha, but their combined powers aren't cool enough to match Vanessa.

I like the team name, and having a trio of cyborgs/androids would make for a winning team. Plus I don't really know Rid's team at all ^^;;;

Fuu would most definetely eat Kusaregedou first ^.^ and then you have Hinako, an awesome character.

Time Mage
2337th Post

"Re(2):'The King of Fighters 2006' - Rd. 1" , posted Sun 5 Mar 10:04post reply

quote:
Fuu would most definetely eat Kusaregedou first ^.^

Good point! Fuu is the anime character that resembles Kirby the most.

Bata kun
2831th Post

"Re(2):'The King of Fighters 2006' - Rd. 1" , posted Sun 5 Mar 10:10post reply

quote:
Seriously Naruto, by themselves, those characters are cool, but I just can't see them working together very well.

Yeah, instead of Long, you should have placed in Kensou. If you placed in Kensou and I didn't make that Tomoko-san team, I definitely would have been in favor of the China team.

quote:
A tough one indeed. But I think Lina and Tomo would get so mad at Kagura's and Christie's bust sizes that they'd completely overwhelm them.

Ha ha ha! How true.

quote:
I like the team name, and having a trio of cyborgs/androids would make for a winning team.

Um, Daisuke's not an android as far as I know.

quote:
Fuu would most definetely eat Kusaregedou first ^.^ and then you have Hinako, an awesome character.

Ha ha ha! Then afterwards, she'd still stay slim. =P

Cain Highwind
660th Post

"Re(3):'The King of Fighters 2006' - Rd. 1" , posted Sun 5 Mar 10:16post reply

quote:

Um, Daisuke's not an android as far as I know.

Eh, my bad, I'm not too familiar with Heat Guy J other then seeing cover images and ads for it.

Bata kun
2833th Post

"Re(4):'The King of Fighters 2006' - Rd. 1" , posted Sun 5 Mar 11:03:post reply

A different version of "KoF 2006". Start on the third page. That's where the action's at. Yes, I have another seiyuu-based team and it's of Tamura Yukari-san. XD

Whether or not I'll adopt those rules (found in the first post) for next year here, I don't know. Personally, I like the rules because they really show what "KoF" is. The cheating part obviously is that you pick all members from one series.

quote:
Eh, my bad, I'm not too familiar with Heat Guy J other then seeing cover images and ads for it.

That's okay. My knowledge of "Heat Guy J's" limited also.

[this message was edited by Bata kun on Sun 5 Mar 11:08]

Rid
7029th Post

"Re(4):'The King of Fighters 2006' - Rd. 1" , posted Mon 6 Mar 00:13post reply

Daisuke is human, J/Jay is the android.

You all should check the anime, it's great.

Nate
759th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):'The King of Fighters 2006' - Rd. 1" , posted Mon 6 Mar 03:39:post reply

As much as I like Utena and Tomoko's voice acting, I just can't advocate May Lee or Rosette.

8. The Kawaii Shoujo Mechanic Team - Lucca ("Chrono Trigger"), Winry ("Hagaren") and Roll ("Rockman Dash") - Cain.
vs. 9. Theoretical Reticle Team - Spike ("Cowboy Bebop"), Dan ("Killer7") & Maria Traydor ("Star Ocean 3") - Korigama.

I really hate the other team name, WTF. Also Spike is rad but I'm meh about the other two. Lucca won out.

It's DAN.

4.The Super Fierce Fashion Team - Ulala ("SpCh5"), Iwazaru ("Killer 7") and Sailor Aluminum Siren ("Sailormoon: Sailorstars season") - Evenor. vs. 13. Fatal Beauties Team - Taki ("Soul Calibur"/"Edge" saga), Hyakurin ("Mugen no Jūnin") and Peorth ("Ah! Megami-sama") - Maese Spt.

SAILORALUMINUMSIREN! Also Ulala. Holy crap.

I hate May. A lot. Ugh. Plus Mukuro is cool.

6. Redheaded Crazy Women Team - Maki ("Airmaster"), Vanessa ("KoF") and Red Akiha ("Melty Blood") - Nate.
vs. 11. Chocolate Thunder Team - Static (Natch), Big Landman ("Burning Rangers"), and Aisha Clanclan ("Outlaw Star) - Zam.

Oh redheads.

7. Megane Chiimu - Fumiko ("Shikigami no Shiro" saga), French Lace ("Ibara", "Pink Sweets") & Natsuko ("Re: Cutie Honey") - Rid.
vs. 10. Dai's New Toys Team - Daisuke ("Heat Guy J"), Maxima ("KoF") & Armitage (Natch) - shindekudasai.

Crazy witches win. Plus Cutie Honey, who I should've used for my team.

CHOU MOEEEEEEEEEEE~!

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

[this message was edited by Nate on Mon 6 Mar 03:41]

shooo-rook
105th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):'The King of Fighters 2006' - Rd. 1" , posted Mon 6 Mar 04:24:post reply

Edit- No vote

The other team seems too powerful with Dan and Spike... If they had edward and kevin the mute... then that would be balanced...

=makoto

PLease a gimp, and a television reporter in one team? The most exxxentric form of S&M

May has the power of aquaman... except ten times better

The KtaroKtaro will never be defeated...

Edit: No vote

Kusaregedo will fling his poo at Fuu

Are you slave to the blade?

[this message was edited by shooo-rook on Mon 6 Mar 08:38]

KTallguy
846th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"NINJA FETISH POWER + PANTY OMAKE" , posted Mon 6 Mar 17:36:post reply

First, I'd like to say thank you to Bata for not kicking me out for not reading the rules correctly, and giving me a very cool replacement character ! =)

God only knows the concequences if you do not support team Ninja Fetish...

The hour of darkness has come.

Votes:

1. Kawakami Tomoko-san Chiimu - Utena ("Shoujo Kakumei Utena"), Rosette ("Chrno Crusade") and Jinju ("KoF") - Bata kun. vs. X16. Super China team - Long ("KoF"), Ranma (Natch) and Ton Pooh: ("Strider" series) - Naruto.

That Jinju refers to May Lee ? If that's the case I have no choice.

Spike and DAN ? Hahah the girl probably keeps them both occupied enough.

I really like Makoto, and Azumanga Daiou's artwork is great. Dan and Christie don't seem like they'd get along. Christie would probably snap his arm off.

Ulala and Iwazaru, together for the first and last time. Voldo would have worked out well too.

NINJA POWER (not teenage mutant THIS time)

Yes, red headed girls have something...

Robots are cool. I like the designs for Daisuke and Armitage!

Grotesque characters with folds of fat protecting their organs give me a sense of disgust that really helps me go to bed at night. SOLD!

Good fight, goooood night.

Edit: AVATAR

Proud Supporter of Next Generation GAMEPLAY
"手前は役不足なんだよ!"

[this message was edited by KTallguy on Mon 6 Mar 17:39]

NARUTO
3379th Post

"Re(1):'The King of Fighters 2006' - Rd. 1" , posted Mon 6 Mar 18:00post reply

I'll be fairplay and vote for the opponent team.

vote for Cain, I like CT.

Dan is the man on this one.

SP5 al the way...!!!

Ninja Rulez!

Redhaired women goes faster...

Fumiko can't loose...

Evil fat guys are the best...

Tu Fuis Ego eris...Like you I was Like me you'll be...

Bata kun
2837th Post

"Results so far..." , posted Tue 7 Mar 02:22:post reply

Team numbers are bolded.

1 - 7 16 - 2

8 - 5 9 - 5

5 - 7 12 - 5

4 - 7 13 - 2

3 - 6 14 - 8

6 - 11 (the first team to get 10 votes!) 11 - 3

7 - 6 10 - 4

2 - 6 15 - 8

Yeah, my team's in good shape.

quote:
First, I'd like to say thank you to Bata for not kicking me out for not reading the rules correctly, and giving me a very cool replacement character ! =)

God only knows the concequences if you do not support team Ninja Fetish...

The hour of darkness has come.

Yeah.

Oh and XD

quote:
That Jinju refers to May Lee? If that's the case, I have no choice.

Yeah.

[this message was edited by Bata kun on Tue 7 Mar 02:58]

Rid
7031th Post

"Why you should..." , posted Tue 7 Mar 03:32post reply

...vote for the Megane team

Bata kun
2837th Post

"Re(1):Why you should..." , posted Tue 7 Mar 04:43post reply

quote:
...vote for the Megane team

Ha ha ha! Got to love these promotions!

Bata kun
2840th Post

"Important note." , posted Wed 8 Mar 05:09:post reply

Oh! I almost forgot! This is important!

In the case of a tie, I hope you're good at unscrambling letters because that's what you will sort of be doing. Instead of roumaji, you'll be unscrambling kana. (That is, you'll be unscrambling Japanese text.) Then, you give me the answer. If you are dealt with katakana, you have to give me the exact word. That is, you have to give me "Street Fighter" and not "Sutoriito Faitaa" as an answer. Before I forget, if the answer's the name of a person, the answer must be given in traditional format.

[this message was edited by Bata kun on Wed 8 Mar 05:47]

Dr Baghead
3578th Post

"Re(1):Important note." , posted Wed 8 Mar 08:36post reply

quote:

In the case of a tie, I hope you're good at unscrambling letters because that's what you will sort of be doing. Instead of roumaji, you'll be unscrambling kana. (That is, you'll be unscrambling Japanese text.) Then, you give me the answer. If you are dealt with katakana, you have to give me the exact word. That is, you have to give me "Street Fighter" and not "Sutoriito Faitaa" as an answer. Before I forget, if the answer's the name of a person, the answer must be given in traditional format.

There's a lot of crazy runs to this game...

Bata kun
2840th Post

"Re(2):Important note." , posted Wed 8 Mar 09:04post reply

quote:

There's a lot of crazy runs to this game...

Yeah, I know, but I'm still trying my best to find the perfect rule set.

Hungrywolf
3127th Post

"Re(1):'The King of Fighters 2006' - Rd. 1" , posted Wed 8 Mar 11:35post reply

1. Kawakami Tomoko-san Chiimu - Utena ("Shoujo Kakumei Utena"), Rosette ("Chrno Crusade") and Jinju ("KoF")vs. X16. Super China team - Long ("KoF"), Ranma (Natch) and Ton Pooh: ("Strider" series)

8. The Kawaii Shoujo Mechanic Team - Lucca ("Chrono Trigger"), Winry ("Hagaren") and Roll ("Rockman Dash") vs. 9. Theoretical Reticle Team - Spike ("Cowboy Bebop"), Dan ("Killer7") & Maria Traydor ("Star Ocean 3")

5. Hyperactive Tomboy Girls Team - Lina ("Slayers"), Makoto ("Street Fighter III: Third Strike"), and Tomo ("Azumanga Daiou")vs. X12. "Team Dantastic 2.0: the no loophole edition" - Dan ("SFZ"), Kagura ("Azumanga") and Christie ("DoA")

4. The Super Fierce Fashion Team - Ulala ("SpCh5"), Iwazaru ("Killer 7") and Sailor Aluminum Siren ("Sailormoon: Sailorstars season") vs. 13. Fatal Beauties Team - Taki ("Soul Calibur"/"Edge" saga), Hyakurin ("Mugen no Jūnin") and Peorth ("Ah! Megami-sama")

3. The Stealth Team - May ("Guilty Gear"), Basara("Samurai Spirits"), and Misato ("Eva")vs. 14. Ninja Fetish Power Team - Shinobu ("Shinobuden"), Hanzou ("SS") & Mukurou ("Warzard")

6. Redheaded Crazy Women Team - Maki ("Airmaster"), Vanessa ("KoF") and Red Akiha ("Melty Blood")vs. 11. Chocolate Thunder Team - Static (Natch), Big Landman ("Burning Rangers"), and Aisha Clanclan ("Outlaw Star)

7. Megane Chiimu - Fumiko ("Shikigami no Shiro" saga), French Lace ("Ibara", "Pink Sweets") & Natsuko ("Re: Cutie Honey") vs. 10. Dai's New Toys Team - Daisuke ("Heat Guy J"), Maxima ("KoF") & Armitage (Natch)

2. Kawasumi Ayako-san chiimu - Fuu ("Samurai Champloo"), Hinako ("KoF"), and Kokoro ("DoA") vs. 15. Super (I refuse to type that other word) - Karnov ("Fighters History"), Kusaregedou ("SS") and Mr. Heart ("Hokuto no Ken")

Ok, there's my votes, bolded.

Bata kun
2844th Post

"One more day!" , posted Fri 10 Mar 01:28:post reply

Tomorrow, I start the next round!

Team numbers are bolded.

1 - 8 16 - 2

8 - 6 9 - 5

5 - 8 12 - 5

4 - 7 13 - 3

3 - 6 14 - 9

6 - 12 (the first team to get 10 votes!) 11 - 3

7 - 6 10 - 5

2 - 8 15 - 8

(Yes, I counted that outside post from sushi bunny for now. This could change if I decide to do so.)

[this message was edited by Bata kun on Fri 10 Mar 06:57]

Bata kun
2844th Post

"Tie breaker" , posted Fri 10 Mar 06:48:post reply

Oh, I feel the need to place this in a different post.

When it's midnight (which is less than 10 hours and 15 minutes from now), the voting period is over. In the case of a tie, which will happen most likely, I'll place up a puzzle. What you need to do is unscramble the kana and tell me what the answer is.

The answer's the name of a manga/anime character.

[this message was edited by Bata kun on Fri 10 Mar 06:56]

Time Mage
2341th Post

"Re(1):Tie breaker" , posted Fri 10 Mar 07:45post reply

quote:

When it's midnight (which is less than 10 hours and 15 minutes from now), the voting period is over. In the case of a tie, which will happen most likely, I'll place up a puzzle. What you need to do is unscramble the kana and tell me what the answer is.

I hope I will never tie.

Bata kun
2844th Post

"Re(2):Tie breaker" , posted Fri 10 Mar 08:32post reply

quote:

I hope I will never tie.

You're in good shape for this round. For the later ones however, you better hope you don't end up in ties. Oh, geez. The same goes for me. I have the answers for the tie breakers.

Cain Highwind
663th Post

"Re(1):Tie breaker" , posted Fri 10 Mar 08:43post reply

quote:

Don't you think that's a little rough and unfair? Not all of us know Japanese.

Dr Baghead
3579th Post

"Re(2):Tie breaker" , posted Fri 10 Mar 09:14post reply

quote:
Don't you think that's a little rough and unfair? Not all of us know Japanese.

Maybe that way someone will just say "Fuck it! the other team wins, I quit!"

(it's what I had planned to do in the unlikely event my team had tied Time Mage's since I don't know Japanese, hell I barely know English and that's my first language.)

Korigama
93th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Tie breaker" , posted Fri 10 Mar 09:32post reply

quote:

Maybe that way someone will just say "Fuck it! the other team wins, I quit!"

(it's what I had planned to do in the unlikely event my team had tied Time Mage's since I don't know Japanese, hell I barely know English and that's my first language.)

It wouldn't be a problem for me, but I'm losing right now, so it doesn't matter in my case anyway.

Bata kun
2846th Post

"Re(4):Tie breaker" , posted Fri 10 Mar 09:43:post reply

Did you guys like the old way better? (That is, the first one to respond back with a random phrase moves on.) Or...can I do the unscrambling puzzle, but use roumaji instead?

[this message was edited by Bata kun on Fri 10 Mar 09:50]

KTallguy
850th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(5):Tie breaker" , posted Fri 10 Mar 10:10post reply

Ya, I know Japanese but I would have no idea what character you'd be talking about, most likely =P

Proud Supporter of Next Generation GAMEPLAY
"手前は役不足なんだよ!"

Bata kun
2846th Post

"The real tie breaker!" , posted Sat 11 Mar 00:19post reply

Okay! Now, this is the real tie breaker. To make sure that I don't see cheating, the two of you will get different puzzles. Got it?

By the way, the answer to that example was "Love Hina's" Shinobu.

Both of the answers happen to be J-pop artists. Remember that. Okay?

Neoryu, this is your problem:

anaromiemu

KMan, this is yours:

asumikizu

Bata kun
2848th Post

"One day has passed." , posted Sun 12 Mar 04:38:post reply

Apparently, since neither one has answered, I will allow everyone else to solve the puzzle. Remember. If you want a certain team to move on, you have to answer his puzzle, not both.

I'd answer the one I want to win, but I have the answers in a note of mine.

[this message was edited by Bata kun on Sun 12 Mar 04:44]

Dr Baghead
3580th Post

"Re(1):The real tie breaker!" , posted Sun 12 Mar 06:19post reply

Anyone, eh?
quote:
KMan, this is yours:

asumikizu

Ami Suzuki

GO TEAM VENTURE!... I mean, GO TEAM SUPER MOE TEAM!

Bata kun
2848th Post

"Re(2):The real tie breaker!" , posted Sun 12 Mar 08:37post reply

quote:
Anyone, eh?
KMan, this is yours:

asumikizu

Ami Suzuki

GO TEAM VENTURE!... I mean, GO TEAM SUPER MOE TEAM!

Psst. Aren't you forgetting something?

Shin_ATproof
1212th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):The real tie breaker!" , posted Sun 12 Mar 09:45post reply

Amuro Namie

Sķ mon con langosta y camarón

Bata kun
2849th Post

"Re(4):The real tie breaker!" , posted Sun 12 Mar 09:52post reply

quote:
Amuro Namie

Someone kept the rules in mind. Now, I can start round two.

Dr Baghead
3582th Post

"Re(5):The real tie breaker!" , posted Sun 12 Mar 10:06:post reply

quote:
Someone kept the rules in mind. Now, I can start round two.

Pfffff, you have too many crazy rules that make no sense! I'm gonna start my OWN voting game, with hookers and blackjack!

(also, what rule did I break? I included the fact it was K-Man's team, the artist name, the scrabled words, the term "Super Moe Team"... what made that not count?!)

[this message was edited by Dr Baghead on Sun 12 Mar 10:08]

Bata kun
2851th Post

"Re(6):The real tie breaker!" , posted Sun 12 Mar 10:18post reply

Okay. It's my fault. If I weren't the unorganized person that I am, I would have announced it right from the start. So, what now? It's obvious. I have no choice but to let that super team in. DB had the time to answer the puzzle. Thus, it wouldn't be right.

So, yay. Round one is over. Let's go to round two.