Wrasslin' - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1934 Views )

ZamIAm
1560th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Wrasslin'" , posted Fri 3 Mar 03:17post reply

-Does anyone here actively play wrestling games? If so, what all create-a-wrestlers have you done? I've done Scorpion (MK), a black cowgirl, and a black angel w/ headphones in WWE Day Of Reckoning 2.

-Does anyone here watch Total Nonstop Action? Opinions? I'm curious since I don't have cable.

Replies:

Hungrywolf
3124th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Wrasslin'" , posted Fri 3 Mar 03:45post reply

quote:
-Does anyone here actively play wrestling games? If so, what all create-a-wrestlers have you done? I've done Scorpion (MK), a black cowgirl, and a black angel w/ headphones in WWE Day Of Reckoning 2.

-Does anyone here watch Total Nonstop Action? Opinions? I'm curious since I don't have cable.

I love Day of Reckoning 2. Most of the characters I have made are based on myself and my friends, though I have also made a blonde female named Julia (that I make in every wrestling game since No Mercy) and made a Japanese female ninja.

I do watch TNA. I was lucky enough to see it live for free when I was at Universal Studios a couple of years ago. It's been pretty good on Spike TV.

I bought the Pay-Per-View where Sting wrestled in January (he's my favorite wrestler) and it was awesome. Christian Cage is a very welcome addition to TNA, and really gets to shine there. I really prefer TNA to WWE. The wrestlers do a lot of moves that you don't normally see. I'm also anxiously awaiting Sting's return (he left after the PPV, but it's part of a story-line, and he's coming back later this year). I have been waiting to see Sting wrestle again since WCW ended. I'm excited for wrestling in TNA this year. Hopefully soon they'll expand the one hour to two hours.

ZamIAm
1561th Post

"Re(2):Wrasslin'" , posted Fri 3 Mar 04:06post reply

quote:
I do watch TNA. I was lucky enough to see it live for free when I was at Universal Studios a couple of years ago. It's been pretty good on Spike TV.

I bought the Pay-Per-View where Sting wrestled in January (he's my favorite wrestler) and it was awesome. Christian Cage is a very welcome addition to TNA, and really gets to shine there. I really prefer TNA to WWE. The wrestlers do a lot of moves that you don't normally see. I'm also anxiously awaiting Sting's return (he left after the PPV, but it's part of a story-line, and he's coming back later this year). I have been waiting to see Sting wrestle again since WCW ended. I'm excited for wrestling in TNA this year. Hopefully soon they'll expand the one hour to two hours.

Curious, does TNA actively have female wrestlers who actually wrestles or just arm candy? One of my pet peeves with WWE is that they spend more time posing than fighting. Oh, and I got to see Smackdown live several years ago. You can actually feel theat from the pyrotechnics in the nosebleed section--though you can't see much of anything.

Hungrywolf
3125th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):Wrasslin'" , posted Fri 3 Mar 12:52post reply

quote:

Curious, does TNA actively have female wrestlers who actually wrestles or just arm candy? One of my pet peeves with WWE is that they spend more time posing than fighting. Oh, and I got to see Smackdown live several years ago. You can actually feel theat from the pyrotechnics in the nosebleed section--though you can't see much of anything.

There aren't any female wrestlers at the moment in TNA. Gail Kim and Jackie Gayda are there but are not wrestling. I'd love to see Molly Holly in TNA, since she is a very good wrestler, if they ever do get a womens division. I've never been to a WWE event, but other than TNA, I've gone to a WCW house show in Augusta and a WCW Nitro in Atlanta before. I had pretty close seats at the Nitro. I'd love to go to a RAW sometime.

Gojira
1940th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(4):Wrasslin'" , posted Fri 3 Mar 23:14post reply

I haven't watched wrestling on TV for a long time now. All I do is read results and if it sounds hot I'll DL it. There was a time when it was exciting to just sit and watch live but these days they've done so much worthless crap I can't commit 2 hours of my time to it any more. As for TNA, I watched it once but it didn't do anything for me. I think people only like it as an alternative, because it really doesn't seem like a much better show than WWE fare.

As for DoR2, I like how solid it is, and I have made a lot of CAWs in DoR2 (Chun Li, Ryu, Segata Sanshiro, Solomon Grundy and Nina Williams to name a few), but I have to say the CAW models look nasty, like they need to see a dermatologist. I don't know why, I guess they're all supposed to be on steroids or hormones or something. But that combined with the long CAW load times really drew me away from the game over time.

SvR2k6 has a great CAW mode, though. There's still some of the painted-on clothes in there but overall there seems to be more mass to clothing now. And the CAWs actually look decent even next to the "real" wrestler models for a change. I made a pretty decent Incredible Hulk (Lou Ferigno version) and Blue Mary without much trouble. What sucks is the season mode. The storylines are decent enough, but the mode is too strict for its own good. I can't hack other wrestlers into the storylines now like in SvR, so it got boring fast.

Adon
1553th Post

"Re(5):Wrasslin'" , posted Sat 4 Mar 02:03post reply

I guess this a good subject to come out of the shadows on. I was just at the WWE Supershow this week in Washington DC. I got to see SD before RAW interesting. I think we made it on camera.

My friend likes to make his own characters for the wrestling games. I know he made a bunch which include Adon, Ken, Elena, and Urien from SF. Black Panther and Darkseid, He did make some of the TNA guys like Ron Killing and AJ Styles.

In regard to TNA wrestling I think it is great I tried to see a show at Universal but they move the tv taping days when I was there. I will give you a list of people that are exciting to watch. Soma Joe, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Abyss, Monty Brown, Petey Williams. Basically any one in the X division. Plus they have an influx of old WWE talent. I know they are trying to get some other superstars from the Monday night wars era. Well that’s all for now.

Just One Fix
32th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(6):Wrasslin'" , posted Sat 4 Mar 18:47post reply

I normally only lurk here, but this is a subject near and dear (and painful) to me, so I felt I had to comment. :-P

I started watching wrestling around late '93/early '94, and I got hooked. I watched religiously, even planning my school and work schedule so that I could be home to watch it. I was such a fan that I stuck it out through even the really, really horrible stuff - things like the veritable cornucopia of crap that was the mid 90's, Mark Henry getting a blowjob from a transvestite, the end of WCW, the horribly botched Invasion, and *groan* Katie Vick - just to name a few.

Around early/mid 2004, I thought things were lookin' up. WWE was doing what people (on the 'Net anyway) are always screaming at them to do - try new things and push the young guys. Eddie Guerrero was WWE champion, followed shortly by Chris Benoit's long-deserved World title win at WrestleMania 20.

Then they went and screwed everything up. Of all people, friggin' BRADSHAW won the WWE title from Eddie Guerrero, who was arguably at the peak of his popularity at the time, and went on to have the longest reign in a decade. Then just weeks later, Chris Benoit meaninglessly dropped the World Title to Randy Orton - just so he could drop it to Triple H a month later.

With stuff like that, and other stupidity like the Diva Search - "let's put no-talent hot girls on TV just because they're hot, then let go of hugely talented guys like Ultimo Dragon and Brian Kendrick!" - I totally lost my passion for wrestling, and I haven't watched at all since. From the tiny bits I've caught here and there, it seems I really haven't missed much. It's a shame... wrestling was such a big part of my life and brought me so much enjoyment for years, I hate seeing the pathetic mess it's become. :(

"If God is the dealer why do we never win?"

Baines
151th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Wrasslin'" , posted Sun 5 Mar 07:41post reply

Yukes' somehow really managed to break the CAW system in DOR2. DOR1 has pretty much the same system, but suffers no where near the number or length of load times in creation mode.

Hardly a surprise that Yukes' would mess up though. They've always taken at least one step back for every improvement they make, ever since perhaps Touken Retsuden 3.

DOR2 pretty much had to be the last game they made under that engine, because the engine was about to collapse under them. Slowdown has been an ever increasing problem since X8, to the point of becoming a common factor in DOR2. Glitches have been increasing game after game. DOR2 still has some issues that were visible in the game all the way back to X8 that Yukes' never bothered to address.