Low-print-run or recently-discontinued games? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (4046 Views )

OmegaDog
1581th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Low-print-run or recently-discontinued games?" , posted Thu 2 Mar 12:37post reply

So, I've kinda been out of the loop as to which games have had low print runs, or which games had their manufacturing recently ceased.

I remember hearing that Castlevania Chronicles would be getting a low run (was it 30,000 copies?) -- and so I picked one up as soon as I could. I've tried doing that since with games that would have low runs.

But, I only recently heard that Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney for DS was getting hard to find -- for pretty much the same reason. Prices have been high on eBay as a result. And yeah, I haven't had any success yet in finding a local store with copy. I didn't keep up, as I was waiting for the NDS redesign -- and I might end up paying more for it a result.

Now I'm also hearing that Trauma Center and Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow have also been getting hard to find. Thing is -- Google searches only seem to bring up forum discussions, nothing concrete. If it's true, though, there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about Trauma Center -- but there are still copies of CV:DoS at my local EBX that I can grab.

So -- how exactly do folks here keep up with what's low-run, what's discontinued -- all that -- aside from just trying to keep up with forums?

"So... IT'S FLITZ TIME EVERYBODY!" || CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 21

Replies:

Shooo-rook
88th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Low-print-run or recently-discontinued" , posted Thu 2 Mar 13:08post reply

quote:
So, I've kinda been out of the loop as to which games have had low print runs, or which games had their manufacturing recently ceased.

I remember hearing that

But, I only recently heard that Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Trauma Center and Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow have also been getting hard to find. Thing is -- Google searches only seem to bring up forum discussions, nothing concrete.

So -- how exactly do folks here keep up with what's low-run, what's discontinued -- all that -- aside from just trying to keep up with forums?

THE TRIPLE THREAT GONE!??? I haven't gotten a DS yet, and the three games I am most interested in are hard to find already!!! NOOOO

Are you slave to the blade?

crazymike
1213th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Low-print-run or recently-discontinued" , posted Thu 2 Mar 15:31post reply

After running around town checking every game shop in town this past january, I had to scour Ebay for a copy of Gundam v.s Zeta gundam for PS2. It was worth it though.

exodus
3298th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):Low-print-run or recently-discontinued" , posted Fri 3 Mar 05:39post reply

there's a company that's re-releasing a lot of these games, like disgaea, ninja 5-0, etc. Conveniently, I forget the name!

Ishmael
2406th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(4):Low-print-run or recently-discontinued" , posted Fri 3 Mar 05:48post reply

quote:
there's a company that's re-releasing a lot of these games, like disgaea, ninja 5-0, etc. Conveniently, I forget the name!

Game Quest Direct perhaps?

OmegaDog
1583th Post

"Re(5):Low-print-run or recently-discontinued" , posted Sun 5 Mar 03:29post reply

All right -- so I took the bait and bought CV:DoS while I was out getting the Metal Gear Saga Vol. 1 DVD from EBX.

(Watch Dawn of Sorrow hit $20 in the next few months now!)

Pollyanna
1673th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):Low-print-run or recently-discontinued" , posted Sun 5 Mar 07:04post reply

quote:
After running around town checking every game shop in town this past january, I had to scour Ebay for a copy of Gundam v.s Zeta gundam for PS2. It was worth it though.

YES.

Is the English version dubbed? That would reduce the appeal somewhat.

IkariDC
498th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):Low-print-run or recently-discontinued" , posted Sun 5 Mar 23:56:post reply

quote:
All right -- so I took the bait and bought CV:DoS while I was out getting the Metal Gear Saga Vol. 1 DVD from EBX.

I would apreciate if you could tell me about the contents and your thoughts on the Metal Gear Saga Vol. 1. Dude, they screwed it in Europe. They are going to bundle that DVD with the PLATINUM edition (that's greatest hits in Europe) of MGS3, instead of giving it away preordering subsistance! As much as I love the Metal Gear games, I'm not going to buy the same game 3 times! I'm quite pissed about this...

Edit: Thanks Ishmael for that URL! Now I can finally get my hands on my beloved Double Dragon Advance!

Edit2: Oh shit, they don't seem to ship items outside of the States... -_-U

[this message was edited by IkariDC on Mon 6 Mar 01:11]

crazymike
1214th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):Low-print-run or recently-discontinued" , posted Mon 6 Mar 01:56post reply

quote:

YES.

Is the English version dubbed? That would reduce the appeal somewhat.

Actually, yes, unfortunately it is dubbed. However I will say that the dubbing for Zeta is better than for the original 0079. But still atrocious...

shooo-rook
103th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Low-print-run or recently-discontinued" , posted Mon 6 Mar 04:24post reply

quote:

Game Quest Direct perhaps?

They have Jojo's Bizarre Adventure for DC but... it's sold out.

Are you slave to the blade?

Mokona
353th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(6):Low-print-run or recently-discontinued" , posted Tue 7 Mar 01:57post reply

Phoenix Wright DS is getting a European release on March 30th, I'm going to France from March 28 to April 11, so I'll finally pick up a copy of the game there... At least, I won't pay the 70 $ plus shipping you find on ebay for it...
Just find a UK game dealer on the web and import it.

Blah!

OmegaDog
1587th Post

"Re(7):Low-print-run or recently-discontinued" , posted Wed 8 Mar 12:00post reply

NCSX also seems to talk about another production late March -- I'm assuming this must be it.

aderack
228th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(8):Low-print-run or recently-discontinued" , posted Wed 8 Mar 12:58post reply

Is there still a place to get a copy of Chronicles within a reasonable budget? Like, less than thirty bucks? (Considering it was released at twenty...)