User name, avatar, & signature - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3991 Views )

Digitalboy
288th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Copper Customer

"User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Tue 28 Feb 15:39post reply

In this thread, give a brief explanation on the user name, and the current avatar & signature that you chose.

I will go first.

Username: "Digitalboy" is a Bad Religion song that I like.
Avatar: I like the anime "Bleach."
Signature: Ditto.

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

Replies:

Grahf
434th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Tue 28 Feb 16:49post reply

Good idea for a thread, Digitalboy.

Name: One of my favorite RPG characters of all time. He's a badass from Xenogears. Here is a picture of him that was my first avatar at the MMCafe.

Avatar: Link going to town on a defenseless chicken. A snippit from this comic strip. I have no idea what the original source is. I got it from 4chan a while back.

Signature: Sgt. Keroro!

Undead Fred
2659th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Tue 28 Feb 19:34:post reply

quote:
In this thread, give a brief explanation on the user name, and the current avatar & signature that you chose.

I will go first.

Username: "Digitalboy" is a Bad Religion song that I like.
Avatar: I like the anime "Bleach."
Signature: Ditto.

Username: I had come up with this name years ago when I was naming a zombie in Monster Rancher 1. Heh heh. I guess the name just stuck with me after that because I thought it had a "ring" to it.

Avatar: Mikey's dad from Oh! Mikey. The show's pretty funny in a disturbing way. I think I chose the dad for my current avatar since he scares me the most.

Signature: BRAIN CAMS- boobs, zombies, kitty girls, and so forth.

EDIT: Spacing!

[this message was edited by Undead Fred on Tue 28 Feb 19:34]

Maese Spt
177th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Tue 28 Feb 20:46:post reply

WooHoo, yet another narcissistic thread in sight!! Let's get to it.

Username: actually, "Maese Spt" is not the user name I wanted to have... I had many problems while registering a valid e-mail adress, so I unintentionally registered many nicks wich will be never used. Anyway, "Maese" is an ancient spanish word wich can be translated as "master" or "lord", but is mainly used when you want to adress a person of great wisdom and/or abilty (yeah, I have a really high concept of myself, haven't I?). I use it on other spanish boards as well.

The "Spt" thingie goes as an acronym of "Sephiroth". Shameful as it is, I'm adressed as FFVII's villain in some geek circles around my city. My original intention was to register myself only as "Maese", but I messed up with the e-mail thing and I had to figure out another nick, so I went with this.

Avatar: pretty much self-explanatory... A yuri kiss between Belldandy and Urd. Incest, lesbianism, pagan myths and Ah! My Goddess: concepts that happen to define my idiosyncrasy quite well.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
In fact, they are not exactly kissing each other: Urd only tries to feed Belldandy some kind of medicine pills, but Fujishima-sensei knows how to depict such a mundane action in an actually interesting way.

End of Spoiler

Signature: the pic is a fanart of Ico I found on 4chan not so much ago. While I love that game, and I find Yorda totally lovable, I probably will change the image for some Taki related crap in a few days. I felt inspired by Ishmael's new sign, I guess.

The bottom quote is from Tsuji Kunio's "Azuchi Okanki" (a novel translated as "The Signore" in english). It's a book about Nobunaga, his exploits and his time. The quote is the very first reference to Nobunaga in the book, when the main character asks the people of Sakai about that infamous lord of Owari wich seems to terrify everyone on the country. I find funny the fact that Nobunaga's name is not mentioned even a single time on the entire novel, they always refer to him as "lord of Owari", "the Signore" (the protagonist is a european mercenary) and such.

I'm sort of a Nobunaga fan myself, and I liked both the book and the quote, so I chose it as a signature. In fact, "Azuchi Okanki" has so many great quotes that could hold its own even against Romance of Three Kingdoms! No, srsly.

And that's about it. Man, I love talking about myself...

EDIT: spoiler

"At his coming the gods themselves are put to flight and the Buddhas vanish"

[this message was edited by Maese Spt on Tue 28 Feb 20:50]

Pollyanna
1661th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Tue 28 Feb 20:51post reply

We had a topic like this before, but...I think everyone's forgotten by now, so I'm happy to see it again.

Username:
I used to be uncurably cheery. I was always happy and energetic...and was known as such. One day, someone made a comment about my happy disposition and I said "You can call me Pollyanna" (quoting the Mother song) and it stuck.

Many of my avatars are by Akiman, who is my favorite artist. My previous one was my 2nd favorite character from Hanjuku Hero. My current one is simply the product of failing to find something better. It's from Namco's New Years card. I may change it soon.

Obviously, I don't have a signature. I used to hate image signatures, because I felt like they were very inconsiderate to people with slow connections. I don't feel so anymore, but somehow the idea has stuck in the back of my head. If I ever have anything good to quote, maybe I'll make a text signature, but someone I feel like it's just not appropriate for me.

Digitalboy
290th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Tue 28 Feb 20:53:post reply

I can't take all the credit for this thread. It's a thread revival of sorts (I should have addressed that in the original post).

EDIT: Beaten by Pollyanna!

I don't know how to live
But I've got alot of toys...

[this message was edited by Digitalboy on Tue 28 Feb 20:54]

Nobinobita
24th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Tue 28 Feb 21:24post reply

Hello All,

I thought i'd take this opportunity to introduce myself formally.

My name is Richmond and I've been coming to this site since the late 90s, although i almost never post. To tell you the truth, I feel like I'm intruding every time i post (so why's he doing it now??!).

Anyhow my username comes from Nobita Nobi from Doraemon, which was one of the first manga i ever read as a child. I always related to Nobita as a kid, and still do into adulthood.

My avatar is from a comic i drew last year.

I don't have a sig.

Just thought i'd make my presence known, instead of staying the creepy lurker who occasionally and intrusively posts.

Oh and by the way... I'm watching you... I'm watching ALL OF YOU!!!

Cdammen
9th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Tue 28 Feb 21:57:post reply

Username: "Cdammen" is just made up mumbo jumbo. I've been using it since 1996.

Avatar: That's the princess from Dave Kelly's (A.K.A. Shmorky) flash animation Platform Hero 4.

Signature: None, yet.

EDIT: Yeah... might add that I'm a long time lurker (since ~1996), but I rarely post.

[this message was edited by Cdammen on Tue 28 Feb 22:04]

Ishmael
2403th Post

"Re(2):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Tue 28 Feb 23:05post reply

quote:

Oh and by the way... I'm watching you... I'm watching ALL OF YOU!!!

Watching, and judging!

Anyway, as for my pertinent info:

I named myself after the narrator of "Moby Dick," the funniest book ever written. I've been dragging the name Ishmael around since I was posting on Gouki's Page of Whatever so I've had this handle for a long time in internet time.

My avatars usually feature various adolescent male power fantasy characters who often take the form of tough guys in suits. At the moment Dan Smith from Killer7 is holding down the fort. My sig will mostly showcase female game characters- which taps into male fantasies of a different nature. Right now it's Taki from Soul Calibur. TakiTakiTakiTakiTaki.

deisied
394th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Wed 1 Mar 03:22post reply

Username: Well...it's something that's been in my head for a pretty long time, and I've been using it on TEH INTARWEBS for about 6 or so years now, though I use others sometimes too. Anyway, lots of people have asked what it means, and I've never told. Part of the reason is just because I enjoy being able to keep dumb little secrets like that sometimes, and messing with people, and part of it is because I don't really know how the hell I'd explain it anyway. It relates to a lot of things. Most people just notice it's a palindrome eventually and are happy enough noticing that, heh. Works for me.

Avatar: Brandon Heat a.k.a. Beyond the Grave from Gungrave. One day browsing the web I ran into some fanart site, with chibi-ish renditions of the cast. I got bored and made an animated AIM icon out of it one day. I think it's pretty neat since I'd never really tried doing anything like that at the time, and I threw it together in half a second anyway (you can tell). Sometimes I worry the guy who made the original sprite will see it and get pissed off, for some reason. But...hasn't happened. Anyway, I wish mmcafe didn't stretch it out so large.

Sig image: Rodo from the manga D.Gray-Man. I'm not usually the type to call someone who mostly only pleases me aesthetically a "favorite character" of mine in something I type somewhat seriously. Like, Ed is cute in Cowboy Bebop and all, but it bothers me when people say they watch the show for her, or something. I'm just like that. Despite this, I find Rodo, her aesthetics, personality, and overall presence to just be pretty cool, even if she hasn't done much so far. I've only had females in my sigs here for some reason, so I kept up with that with her. She'll probably stay for a while.

Bloop.

Tai-Pan
85th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Wed 1 Mar 03:33post reply

Username: Tai-Pan is the name of a great character (my favourite) created by James Clavell on his novel of the same name; this is the guy that also wrote Shogun.

Avatar: Its Camus Vs Red-Alert!! Unbelievable !!

Signature: Mr. Hazuki´s words before dying on his son.

"Those who follow the path of a warrior must be ready to die in order to stand for one's convictions live for one's convictions die for one's convictions"

Gojira
1938th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Wed 1 Mar 03:42:post reply

Username: I've been pretty big for a while so I went with the name in Quake 2. Then I used it on BBSs too. It's stuck so long it's become my nickname IRL. In fact, when I placed third in a SC2 tournament sponsored by MLG, my first name on the check was "Gojira". Luckily the bank didn't mind taking my word for it.

Avatar: From the intro to Hachimitsu to Clover. I've been pretty bogged down lately so I figured I'd have something that reflected that. I haven't changed for a while because of Java problems.

Sig: なし

Edit: forgot to add the rambling

[this message was edited by Gojira on Wed 1 Mar 11:06]

Hungrywolf
3121th Post

"Re(2):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Wed 1 Mar 03:54post reply

My username was chosen because Terry Bogard is my favorite character to ever grace any fighting game.

The tag and avatar are both from Rurouni Kenshin, which I love. It was my favorite anime for a long time and I love the manga. My tag and avatar used to be of Ed from Cowboy Bebop (I think Baghead made them for me), and I would be using those again, but I can't find them (I'm on a new computer and I can't find them on my old one). Of course, I also have considered switching to a Tag and avatar of Blue Mary and/or Terry.

Mario Kart DS Friend Code:

kofoguz
299th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Wed 1 Mar 04:00post reply

Username: My name is OĞUZ and I like kof but that wasnt the reason of kofoguz. I always use similar kof nicks for my mails or accounts(I Forgot many of my usernames so I decide using similar or same ones.)Though I want something new and cool but I couldnt open and account after several retries. Then I try this one and boom Ive got kofoguz now. I like it but please read the g letter soft like Kof-Oh-ooz. Cause it supposed to be oĞuz.

Signature: When I've seen Gai's artwork it kinda gives me a LOL. His pose like someone eager to show his body and comfortable about his nakedness. (Also Gai has the body I always imagine to look like). Then I tried to joke wondering if someone find it funny and comment.
One did. Onsy said it was Gay.

Avatar: Same package. In case people couldnt read. Also i think it looks cool.

Nate
756th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Wed 1 Mar 04:40:post reply

quote:

Username: Nate is my nickname and what roughly half of everyone I know calls me. The other half calls me Jonathan, which is my real name.

How does one get Nate from Jonathan?

JONATHAN - JO = NATHAN -> shorten NATHAN = Nate

Avatar: Muse, a character from Romancing SaGa 3. Too lazy to get anything new and she's rather pretty, even if the picture's just a little distorted from what it actually looks like.

Signature: It's "Wonderful! Beautiful! Exciting!" in Japanese, which I originally put up in support of Tiffany from Rival Schools for some voting contest a while back. Too lazy to change it, again.

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

[this message was edited by Nate on Wed 1 Mar 04:41]

KTallguy
839th Post

"Re(2):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Wed 1 Mar 04:54post reply

Well, I think it's funny, my turkish brother!

Nick: I've been using this name for a looooong time. I was using 'Nexus' until someone told me that was a hair product, and then I do use 'Wraith' on online games sometimes.

My dad's first name is Tulga, and he turned that into Tallguy, and used that on the internet when we first got it. My first name is Kenan. So there, I just ripped my dad's screenname and put a K in front of it! 相変わらず俺のバカ。

I'm much taller than my dad, at least 3 inches. I'm 192 cm, or 6'4". But in reality that's not THAT tall, I know.

Wow the new formatting is fun! =)

Um, Avatar is the Aphex Twin logo, but I've had Virtua Fighter stuff, KOF stuff, Ibuki stuff...

I am thinking about making an image sig someday. But the quote is just K' from KOF saying, 'You're so fricking low compared to me,' something like that. K' is a badass. Oh, and I hope the next gen brings some interesting stuff, right now it's all about cautious optomisim...

Proud Supporter of Next Generation GAMEPLAY
"テメエがヤクブソクなんだよ!"

Maou
791th Post

"Re(3):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Wed 1 Mar 04:56:post reply

quote:

since I was posting on Gouki's Page of Whatever so I've had this handle for a long time in internet time.
Holy cow, I ALMOST remember what that was...I remember the name, at least, what a blast to the past. Sort of like Norimao's LL, a name to a page I haven't seen since early high school.

Oh ya,
Maou is the dark lord from Chrono Trigger.
The pictures is Ghaleon, my favorite RPG villain, from Lunar.
Sigs seem like too much work.

edit: what do you know, I do have a sig! This is news to me. It is Ghaleon in Lunar 2: "Humans never cease to amaze me. What mysterious beings they are, humans..."

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Wed 1 Mar 04:59]

Rid
7019th Post

"Re(4):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Wed 1 Mar 05:03post reply

Username: it's the name of the main character of Tales of Eternia. Both the character and the game were renamed for the US, but that's because Namco of America sucks (the name they gave it to the game, is the name of another different game of the saga in Japan).

Avatar: it looked kinda kupo so I had to use it.

Tag: Great Mazinger's Tetsuya and Jun, because they rock, as seen in Mazinkaiser. I've been playing Super Robot Wars J lately, these designs are on the game. The quote is from FFT-A.

Time Mage
2329th Post

"Re(1):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Wed 1 Mar 05:05post reply

Username: When I first visited that thing called "internet" I found that in order to communicate with other people, I had to invent another name (It was in IRC chat, specifically). Wow, too complicated. So, after trying out some names that were already chosen, I thought about that curious job from FFV, that had the almighty Meteo. And that's all. Lately I'm using "Taim Meich" instead of Time Mage. Taim Meich is the phonetic adaptation in Spanish of Time Mage, so, basically, both are pronounced exactly the same.

Avatar: Takino Tomo, the hyperactive girl from Azumanga Daioh. I kinda like this kind of dumb, cheery characters, and Tomo sums the archetype pretty well.

Signature: Again, from Azumanga, it's a screenshot of the anime's intro. I have to change it someday, but I'm laaazy.

Dr Baghead
3570th Post

"Re(1):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Wed 1 Mar 05:18post reply

Username: I like Dr.Baldhead/Faust, Faust is Dr.Baldhead with a bag on his head hence= Dr.Baghead. (which is a name I'm sure confuses people on non-videogame boards)

Avatar: It's a sign from the San Fransico Zoo, I think it means "don't feed the bears" but it could also mean "bears will bite" or "bears not allowed to talk"

Signature: It's Dan and Blanka, in toy form, quoting Bill and Ted. I've been meaning to ressurected my old "Leona+Guile=Remy" tag as well as probably make a new one the character from my eternally delayed web-comic.

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

Evenor
314th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Wed 1 Mar 05:27:post reply

Username: It's actually my real name.

Avatar: It used to be Torino from the 4th series of Jojo, but now its sticker from an awesome visual kei band - "the Pumpkin Head"

Signature: Lyrics from one of my favorite Dir en grey songs,Filth.

Translation:
Orange Juice with LIVER!
Sweet Curry with KIDNEY!
Pescatore prepared with PANCREAS!
Beloved Beloved Psycho Horror.

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

[this message was edited by Evenor on Wed 1 Mar 05:28]

Arngrim
97th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Wed 1 Mar 05:41:post reply

Username: Arngrim , one of the main characters from Valkyrie Profile Lenneth. His sense of guilt and loss of honour carry him to commit an epic suicide in the middle of a killing spree. Even though Lenneth quickly recruits him, he is not accepted to become an Einherjar due to his lack of heroicism according to Odin, so he must remain by Lenneth's side.

Avatar: Cover from Shadow of the Colossus OST. Great OST, BTW.

Signature: From an actual bonus game in Fate Hollow / Ataraxia.

Quote: Extracted from the manga Gantz, being the text for the preview of the next episode after team gantz defeating what could be more or less called a "sub-boss" in the vampires arc.

Death!!! But in this place... there is no happiness.

[this message was edited by Arngrim on Wed 1 Mar 06:43]

Toxico
4136th Post

"Re(3):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Wed 1 Mar 05:52post reply

Huumm... Lets see;

Username: Toxico has been my long time real life nick name since I was eight or so; I earned it mainly becuase I live a self destructive weird and passionate life style.

Avatar: The avatar is there to match the sig, 'Suija-sama'

Tag: Videogame wise SNK is the company that I know the most and that I have followed ever since I could play Vanguard or Beast Buster; from the whole lot of SNK games samurai spirits games are the one that I like the most design wise and storyline wise; and to indirectly compliment the efforts that Yuki has made when reviving the game I have choosen to use a layout of the Holiest person even to appear in a video game ;P I really do love wicked villains that believe themselves God (Like Muge Zolbados from dancougar).

See??? He is a God...

Sensenic
1459th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Wed 1 Mar 07:03post reply

quote:

OMG, the originality!!

Sorry. /(;u_u)
Heh, I always end up posting only in these kind of threads... Whatever:

User Name: I didn't have a fix nickname by the time I joined (or rather, started trying to join), so I chose to call myself "Without Nick". To make it a little more "cryptic" I just wrote it in Catalan "Sense Nick" and put it together to form what, to me, seemed and still seems a rather standard fantasy character name: "Sensenic" (Good Lord, how many times have I explained this story?).
Since apparently it has become my fix user name everywhere I've joined ever since, it has become some kind of a paradox now ^_^

Avatar: Deidara. I just loved that face.
Self-quoting apart, he's (yes, HE, unfortunately) a character from the 2nd part of Naruto, and a pretty evil, sicko and badass one. Then, once, he appeared in this funny scene with that face and I loved it so much it had to become my avatar (and many other people's as well ^_^).

Sig: Always been: comment on my avatar, tag and quote.
Tag is, obviously, from Yotsubato!, a manga I truly and utterly love. And kudos go to Momotato and his excellent (I believe) scanlating work.
Quote changes from time to time, right now is just a phrase a friend of mine said, "putting himself too much in the role".

And so be it.

Deidara. I just loved that face. XD

"It's you know like when you die and you can't quite believe it"
An undead friend.

Makondo99
322th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Wed 1 Mar 07:09post reply

Username: When I was at university I was computer iliterate, so I picked up a class for people like myself who had never turned on a computer in order to fix this. The first task we were given was to create an E-mail account. I was advised not to use my real name, so I had to create a nick. I decided to use the word "Macondo", which is a very special place depicted in Gabriel Garcia Marquez's "One Hundred Years of Solitude".Unfortunately, that name was already taken (and also Macondo01, Macondo02 and so on), I got nervous and the class was about to finish, so I decided to replace the "c" with a "k" (they sound the same in Spanish, in this context) and add "99" and thus "Makondo99" was born. When I joined the cafe, I used the same nick, but nowadays whenever I have to use a nick I prefer to use "Makondo"

Avatar: Recently I watched "Gankutsuou" and I fell in love with it. This image corresponds to the Count. He is THE AWESOME.

Signature: Haydee, from the same anime. I like her design and the crazy attires she uses (the background image is from one of her dresses) She's also quite sweet.

kofoguz
301th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Wed 1 Mar 07:11:post reply

Thanks Kenan.

quote:
Avatar: It's a sign from the San Fransico Zoo, I think it means "don't feed the bears" but it could also mean "bears will bite" or "bears not allowed to talk"

LOL!!!!

Also TAYM MEYÇ

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Wed 1 Mar 07:13]

exodus
3296th Post

"Re(4):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Wed 1 Mar 07:14post reply

I'm boring

I made up this nick when I was 17 and really liked the band exodus. wheeee.

sig and avatar - ummmmmmmmmmm a korean artist whose name I forget. man. Somebody asked me once, and I knew back then, but now I can't figure it out! I thought it was Windship, but it's not...

OH MAN.
in the process of writing this, I searched my own site (via google) for 'korean artist'. and I got it! I'm a smartie every day.

anyway, they're both by Ropie, who did the art for kingdom under fire. Never played the game, but his art is nice. even if it didn't really make it into the game.

Pollyanna
1662th Post

"Re(2):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Wed 1 Mar 07:22post reply

quote:

Avatar: Recently I watched "Gankutsuou" and I fell in love with it. This image corresponds to the Count. He is THE AWESOME.

If you haven't read the book yet, I highly recommend it. In fact, it may be the only work of literature that comes with my "highest possible recommendation." (as long as its unabridged)

I say this as a fan of Gankutsuo, myself (though I thought the ending was quite awful).

CharlesProphony
22th Post

New Customer

"Re(5):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Wed 1 Mar 07:40post reply

Nick : It's the name of a character that I've created a long time ago for an unfinished story... maybe one day you will see this character in the theaters :P

Avatar : Some random faces of Lieutenant Breda from FMA anime... as some people I know kept saying the character looked like a cartoonish portrayal of me, I just started to become a fan of the character(even if he make some ultra-rare-sporadic-appearances in the anime or manga...)

Sig : Well, as you can read... I think it's self explanative.

just improving my english...

ONSLAUGHT
3568th Post

"Re(4):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Wed 1 Mar 08:54post reply

quote:

And I've always thought it was Mok-Kos head imposed over somebody else's body.

Maou
791th Post

"Re(5):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Wed 1 Mar 09:32post reply

quote:

And I've always thought it was Mok-Kos head imposed over somebody else's body.

Iggy thought so too one time, and I'm fine with that since it also conveys a vibe of pure evil.

Shooo-rook
87th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Wed 1 Mar 12:06:post reply

quote:

[Username: Shooo-rook is an onomatopoiea. It is the sound of a person slicing another's throat with a knife... Presented in Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk... 24 short stories of insane MADNESS

Avatar: My Avatar is a cover of the album Dark-ism to this Horror Punk band Balzac... AND it is artwork done none other than Maruo Suehiro(the eroguro king)...

Signature
: My signature is used to advertise the SNKP game : Samurai Shodown/ Spirits V. Are you slave to the blade?

Are you slave to the blade?

[this message was edited by Shooo-rook on Wed 1 Mar 12:07]

Bata kun
2797th Post

"Randomness" , posted Wed 1 Mar 12:31post reply

Let's see.

Now these days, I go under the name of Bata-kun. "Bata" is Tagalog for kid or child, and yes, people do think I am 17, which is sort of why I have this name, but of course, those people are way off on my age. Seeing that some of you don't know Japanese, "-kun" is a suffix for guys, but it also has other uses.

Every month, you'll see me change my avatar and tag. Why? Back then, I used to have a "Love Hina" Haruka avatar. It was the image people associated me by. Ha ha ha! Then, I realized, I don't want to be just like "The fight is all," guy. (If you don't know who I mean and you know "Street Fighter", shame on you.)

My av, as Arngrim mentioned a while back, is of Aka from "Rec", a series that came out earlier this month in Japan. I'll end up seeing it when I see a friend of mine. Maybe.

The girl in my tag is Hina from the "True Love Story" series. Though I have not played the games, I have seen two episodes of the anime if I recall? I know I saw the first episode for sure.

Maou
794th Post

"Re(2):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Wed 1 Mar 14:28post reply

quote:
Horror Punk band Balzac

GOOOOOD choice, I've passingly noticed that picture before, but I shouldn't known it was Balzac. They're loads of fun, one of the few Japanese bands I'd play for people who don't care much about Japan at all.

KumagaiToshiro
107th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Wed 1 Mar 19:51post reply

Username: I got this from the Ninja Burger name generator a while back and I ended up using it for a few things. Ended up being the name of a Hokuto Shin Ken-wielding character I used in the five minutes or so I used to RP in chatrooms.

Avatar: A panel from a group of fucked-up Spiderman comics done by Jay Pinkerton.

Holiday
2541th Post

"Re(3):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Wed 1 Mar 22:35post reply

I'm holiday because I always need one? Well, at least my online persona reminds people to take one.
Avatar is of Kuga Natsuki and Duran from My-HiME. Well, it's a cute picture so why not?

Tag is more of the Mai-HiME (and Mai-Otome) girls, mariofied and having fun.

quote:
The tag and avatar are both from Rurouni Kenshin, which I love.

You're still using that tag I made for you years and years ago!
I think it was because you requested for some Kenshin stuff in some avatar/tag request thread.

Bata kun
2799th Post

"Re(4):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Thu 2 Mar 00:29post reply

quote:
You're still using that tag I made for you years and years ago!
I think it was because you requested for some Kenshin stuff in some avatar/tag request thread.

Hey! You're right! He has been using that tag and av for a while! Well, it's not my decision that decides whether or not he should get a new tag and av.

Iggy
7548th Post

"Re(3):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Thu 2 Mar 02:18post reply

quote:
In fact, it may be the only work of literature that comes with my "highest possible recommendation."

And that's how Pollyanna lost all her cool points in a raw.

HARO
34th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Thu 2 Mar 02:23post reply

Username: My nickname. Given to me by Japanese buddies who could not pronounce my real name. Apparently Harold in Japanese is Ha-ro-ru-do. Way too unwieldily. Haro-chan would suffice.

Avatar: Turns out my nickname is based on an anime character's. -_-

Signature: I dl the Fist of the North Star OVA only to find out that there was one good scene in the entire series. I created an animated gif to commemorate that scene... and to free up about 2 gigs worth of hd space.

exodus
3297th Post

"Re(2):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Thu 2 Mar 02:36post reply

quote:
Username: My nickname. Given to me by Japanese buddies who could not pronounce my real name.

I had a friend who called me 'blandon', much to everyone's amusement. He says he wasn't doing it on purpose, but I'M NOT SO SURE.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
actually I am. HOLY CRAP I MADE A SPOILER IN FIREFOX. PROFESSOR IS GOD.

End of Spoiler

kofoguz
303th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Thu 2 Mar 04:15post reply

Oh my god your avatar and tag are girls I thought they were boy creatures.
BTW thanks for the link. Its really good.

Pollyanna
1664th Post

"Re(4):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Thu 2 Mar 06:59post reply

quote:

I don't know how big of a loss that is. It's like I invested a little money in stocks, then forgot about it entirely. Several years later, someone says "You lost all the money you invested in stocks!" and I can only shrug, because I don't know what that means to me.

makondo99
323th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Thu 2 Mar 09:50post reply

quote:

Anonymous Iggy does not forgive!

Polly, thanks for the advise. I couldn't find an English version but I'll probably buy a Spanish one. It's a very thick book, so I guess it hasn't been altered.

Pollyanna
1667th Post

"Re(5):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Thu 2 Mar 10:04post reply

quote:

Anonymous Iggy does not forgive!

Polly, thanks for the advise. I couldn't find an English version but I'll probably buy a Spanish one. It's a very thick book, so I guess it hasn't been altered.

In English "abridged" is like 500 pages, and unabridged is like 900. I assure you it's not the least bit slow, boring or excessively wordy, though.

Shooo-rook
89th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Thu 2 Mar 13:18post reply

quote:
Horror Punk band Balzac
GOOOOOD choice, I've passingly noticed that picture before, but I shouldn't known it was Balzac. They're loads of fun, one of the few Japanese bands I'd play for people who don't care much about Japan at all.

You couldn't tell by the Guy with the Baghead??? Its actually quite funny... If you saw Faust at one of their shows... that'd be amazing... on acid.
Their character with the baghead is easily noticeable... This guy who does poster art/ all other types of art did something for them... USUGROW... I can't find a picture... but here is a hoodie usugrow did for balzac- http://www.evilegend13.com/shockerworldwide/balzac/hoodies/bh-b-002/bh-b-002.html

Thanks for the comment!

Shooo-rook
91th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Thu 2 Mar 13:33post reply

quote:

I have Gankutsuou on the netflix qeue list! I read The Count of Monte Christo in 8th grade for fun... one of the most amazing books ever written... Alexandre Dumau is a g-d!

pointman_4000
46th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Thu 2 Mar 13:55:post reply

Name: I honestly can't remember.

Signature: I'm an old SNK fan; the original was the SamSho rage gauge, this is obviously the ADV gauge from KOF '98. Not a big Suija-sama fan though.

[-OO]----///////////////////

[this message was edited by pointman_4000 on Thu 2 Mar 14:08]

Phoenix
866th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Thu 2 Mar 14:05post reply

Avatar: As Iggy puts it...Smart Chang tan. It's from a KOF 2K stryker fan art. I think I got it from battlepage.

Screen Name: Phoenix Flattener. Or the symbolic representation of my belief that the fighting genre will go through a revival thru online lag-free communities/tourneys...much like a phoenix that rises from its own ashes.

Signature: The cast of Ys. I honestly don't know which one though. I forgot.

I've been meaning to change my avatar and sig for months/years but too lazy...

catalyst
141th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Thu 2 Mar 15:04post reply

Username: Catalyst

Why? I really needed something unique. Something that stood out on its own, then voila.

why? Well, he is my favorite SNK character. I like his angsty brooding personality. I mean who wouldn't be pissed off being taking away from childhood then end up as an adult supposedly getting orders immediately. I sure as hell wouldn't. Probably will change it soon or later.

signature: currently a work in progress, looking for a picture of dante from dmc 3 breaking his jukebox. Though need to update it to currently listening to Minus the bear - Pachuca Sunrise or Celldweller - Switchback

Catalyst jukebox ::kicks:: - Etro Anime: "Endless"

Shooo-rook
96th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Fri 3 Mar 07:15:post reply

quote:
My avatars usually feature various adolescent male power fantasy characters who often take the form of tough guys in suits. At the moment Dan Smith from Killer7 is holding down the fort.

Where did you get that picture? It's pretty cool

Edit: Does anyone own the game art book? Who designed the characters anyway?

[this message was edited by Shooo-rook on Fri 3 Mar 07:16]

Variable Savior
343th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Fri 3 Mar 09:04post reply

User name: One hundred years ago I had an AOL account and opted to use Vampire Savior as my screen name. Apparently my game fascination of the moment had too many letters for good ole' AOL so I settled a shortened VSavior.

As it turned out people were oddly curious as to what the V stood for and not wanting to sound like a trite online vampire aficionado I always answered using random words starting with V. Eventually I just adopted Variable to stand for the multitude of cool V words. Over time it's kind of mutated into an sort of pseudo-philosophical concept.

Hmmm... maybe I should have opted for Vermilion.

Avatar: I initially only joined to MMC to ask a question about CvS's stupid color editor - I never anticipated sticking around so I didn't put alot of thought into my avatar selection. I chose this avatar off the stock selection when I joined because I felt it's suggestion of praying played well off my Savior moniker. It's worked well enough for me so I've stuck with it all this time.

Signature: I don't go for the whole image signature thing so I opted for Basara's quote from SS. I've always been interested in whose blood it refers to (the person seeking heaven or their enemies) so it's stayed with me for a while. I like things with multiple interpretations.

Blood marks heaven's path

deisied
395th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Fri 3 Mar 10:24post reply

quote:

[Username: Shooo-rook is an onomatopoiea. It is the sound of a person slicing another's throat with a knife... Presented in Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk... 24 short stories of insane MADNESS

I KNEW IT.

I approve of Chuck.

Shooo-rook
97th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):User name, avatar, & signature" , posted Fri 3 Mar 11:16post reply

quote:

I KNEW IT.

I approve of Chuck.

I approve of you... What have you read of his... I have read Haunted, Choke, Lullaby, Stranger than Fiction, and Diary.