XBox 360 growing rather more desireable... - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2022 Views )

Undead Fred
2655th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"XBox 360 growing rather more desireable..." , posted Sun 26 Feb 05:03post reply

Dead Rising.

I was resisting the temptation to think about getting a 360 until there were more than one or two games I wanted on it, and this may have done it. A zombie game? In a MALL?? And since RE4's new fighting-friendly control scheme had been used by Capcom, I'm sure the gameplay will be nice and fluid too...

Replies:

crazymike
1211th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):XBox 360 growing rather more desireable" , posted Sun 26 Feb 05:15post reply

Well, your name IS undead fred after all.

Burning Ranger
1379th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):XBox 360 growing rather more desireable" , posted Sun 26 Feb 07:33post reply

quote:
Dead Rising.

I was resisting the temptation to think about getting a 360 until there were more than one or two games I wanted on it, and this may have done it. A zombie game? In a MALL?? And since RE4's new fighting-friendly control scheme had been used by Capcom, I'm sure the gameplay will be nice and fluid too...

A good game in concept, but I don't quite think it's enough to make me buy a 360...yet.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

...and for Guilty Gear X2 # Reload!

exodus
3292th Post

"Re(1):XBox 360 growing rather more desireable" , posted Sun 26 Feb 08:38post reply

it's quite a fun game...I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Mav
136th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):XBox 360 growing rather more desireable" , posted Sun 26 Feb 10:04post reply

quote:
it's quite a fun game...I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Z0mbies!

I've never reccomended a sports game before, but check out the 360 demo of Fight Night (from EA, yikes!) available on Live. Most impressive next-gen title I've seen thus far.
Still about ten steps shy of a killer app, but "impressive" covers it.

Salamande
20th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):XBox 360 growing rather more desireable" , posted Mon 27 Feb 01:33post reply

For me, it's N3. There's just something appealing about it. My brain knows it's probably going to be just another Dynasty Warriors clone, but it just looks so beautiful...

(The new video I just saw probably helped...)

No! YOU get the ropes you sonovabitch!
-- Joanne Follett

Ishmael
2400th Post

"Re(2):XBox 360 growing rather more desireable" , posted Mon 27 Feb 06:05post reply

quote:
Well, your name IS undead fred after all.

That and he needed something to keep him going after news came down that Michael Bay was producing the next Friday the 13th movie.

Getting back to Dead Rising, it looks like it could be great but I wonder how it's going to handle. Is it going to be something like Dynasty Warriors where you plow into crowds of enemies, except this time you're using chainsaws or whatever other zombie killing equipment you can find? The game looks far too crowded to use anything of the RE game engine or to even bother with something like the ability to lock-onto enemies.

exodus
3293th Post

"Re(3):XBox 360 growing rather more desireable" , posted Mon 27 Feb 11:35post reply

quote:
I wonder how it's going to handle.

As I recall, it was rather like a large-scale action game, but it didn't feel random or button mash-y. There are lots and lots of projectile weapons, and I remember it being quite simple to shoot who you want to shoot. There's also a lot of throwing (like when you go into the supermarket, you can throw oranges and cabbage and things), and it's quite accurate. I really had a good time with it, but some others did not.

I didn't really play the dynasty warriors games though, so perhaps someone else should say if you can really compare them.

Shooo-rook
84th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):XBox 360 growing rather more desireable" , posted Mon 27 Feb 12:21post reply

quote:
For me, it's N3. There's just something appealing about it. My brain knows it's probably going to be just another Dynasty Warriors clone, but it just looks so beautiful...

(The new video I just saw probably helped...)

The game does look really good... I liked the girl with the feathers, and the "water" girl

Are you slave to the blade?

gorgeous
92th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):XBox 360 growing rather more desireable" , posted Mon 27 Feb 12:45post reply

quote:
I really had a good time with it[;] some others did not.

They were mostly fools, however!

exodus
3294th Post

"Re(5):XBox 360 growing rather more desireable" , posted Mon 27 Feb 15:57post reply

quote:

a large percentage of them were chris kohler!

Undead Fred
2657th Post

"Re(4):XBox 360 growing rather more desireable" , posted Mon 27 Feb 16:01:post reply

quote:
I wonder how it's going to handle.

As I recall, it was rather like a large-scale action game, but it didn't feel random or button mash-y. There are lots and lots of projectile weapons, and I remember it being quite simple to shoot who you want to shoot. There's also a lot of throwing (like when you go into the supermarket, you can throw oranges and cabbage and things), and it's quite accurate. I really had a good time with it, but some others did not.

I didn't really play the dynasty warriors games though, so perhaps someone else should say if you can really compare them.

Good to hear! I wasn't wanting it to be a "wander in and keep hitting X until everything's dead" type of game. Ishmael's right, though... it doesn't seem like you could really be AS precise as RE4 and do a lot of locking on because of the crowds, but I'm glad to hear it still has some sort of locking system in place so you can have more intent to your attacks instead of just being able to chew on the controller and still be able to win.

Ishmael- Heh heh... yeah, it'd be nice if someone got revenge and remade one of his movies... like turning Bad Boys 2 into an art film.

[this message was edited by Undead Fred on Mon 27 Feb 18:51]

gorgeous
95th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(6):XBox 360 growing rather more desireable" , posted Tue 28 Feb 10:15post reply

quote:

a large percentage of them were chris kohler!

Well, that would actually make them a very large, growing percentage, then!