'Act Cadenza' - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1808 Views )

Bata kun
2782th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"'Act Cadenza'" , posted Thu 23 Feb 06:03post reply

Should I get "Act Cadenza"? Personally, when I tried that one fixed tuned version where I was able to play with "AC" controls, I didn't like the new set of controls and went back to the old ones.

Replies:

Professor
2277th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):'Act Cadenza'" , posted Fri 24 Feb 23:17post reply

quote:
Should I get "Act Cadenza"? Personally, when I tried that one fixed tuned version where I was able to play with "AC" controls, I didn't like the new set of controls and went back to the old ones.

If you've got the PC version, you'll probably get bored with Act Cadenza. Aside from minor tune-ups and two new characters, the game's not too different.

Of course, if it comes with online play.... that might be worth it.

Zepy
1192th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):'Act Cadenza'" , posted Sat 25 Feb 02:22post reply

Unless you're playing Act Cadenza on a competitive level and you want to practice at home. Otherwise there isn't much value to getting the game.

Final Tuned and Act Cadenza are basically the same, except on high level play where there're quite a few differences.

exodus
3288th Post

"Re(3):'Act Cadenza'" , posted Sat 25 Feb 02:55post reply

so...what if, hypothetically, you never got into the PC version? WHAT THEN? CAN I GET IT?

VManOfMana
647th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(4):'Act Cadenza'" , posted Sat 25 Feb 07:30post reply

quote:
so...what if, hypothetically, you never got into the PC version? WHAT THEN? CAN I GET IT?

It was just announced. Check Iggy's link in the latest random news thread.

Jabel D. Morales - VMan of Mana.
http://vman.animecafe.net/

"Tameraeba makeyo!"

exodus
3291th Post

"Re(5):'Act Cadenza'" , posted Sat 25 Feb 07:45:post reply

quote:
It was just announced. Check Iggy's link in the latest random news thread.

you misunderstand, sir.
I'm asking for validation, nothing more. we all (in this thread) know it's coming to PS2. It was even on my very own web site!

[this message was edited by exodus on Sat 25 Feb 07:46]

Zepy
1193th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(4):'Act Cadenza'" , posted Sat 25 Feb 13:43post reply

quote:

No

Professor
2278th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(6):'Act Cadenza'" , posted Sat 25 Feb 19:53post reply

quote:

you misunderstand, sir.
I'm asking for validation, nothing more. we all (in this thread) know it's coming to PS2. It was even on my very own web site!

It should be a good pick for someone that's never played the PC or arcade version...

BUT.
That's pending that they put in the PC version's story mode in the PS2. The arcade version didn't feature anything worthwhile to play in single player. Versus mode is only good as long as you've got competition to bring in your house.

Bata kun
2788th Post

"Re(7):'Act Cadenza'" , posted Sun 26 Feb 03:05post reply

quote:

you misunderstand, sir.

It should be a good pick for someone that's never played the PC or arcade version...

BUT.
That's pending that they put in the PC version's story mode in the PS2. The arcade version didn't feature anything worthwhile to play in single player. Versus mode is only good as long as you've got competition to bring in your house.

Yeah, the story scenario's one of my concerns. Plus, I doubt that you'll switch back to the regular controls like in "Final Tuned". So, unless I'm able to switch between modes, I won't lean towards it yet.