Who's actually played Senko no Ronde? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1733 Views )

exodus
3278th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Who's actually played Senko no Ronde?" , posted Wed 22 Feb 09:19post reply

...anybody? I'd really like some impressions of the game from people who've actually played it. It'd be great if the prof could weigh in.

Anyone?

*crickets chirp*

Replies:

sabo10
1339th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Who's actually played Senko no Ronde?" , posted Wed 22 Feb 09:35post reply

movement is sloshy and akward, i think this is an attempt to make sure people with insane traditional bullet dodge skills don't just dominate the game completely and add emphasis to more general manuevering and attack strategy.

exodus
3280th Post

"Re(2):Who's actually played Senko no Ronde?" , posted Wed 22 Feb 09:53post reply

quote:
movement is sloshy and akward, i think this is an attempt to make sure people with insane traditional bullet dodge skills don't just dominate the game completely and add emphasis to more general manuevering and attack strategy.

Any chance you could send me an email with more detailed impressions? like whether you actually enjoyed it, how it played with the hand-to-hand bits, etc?

CHAZumaru
362th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):Who's actually played Senko no Ronde?" , posted Wed 22 Feb 11:20post reply

I played it during the TGS2005 trip. It was already a revision I guess, since you could choose between two control modes, including a "new" one. I picked that bridgetalike Cuilan, mostly because his robot's name is "Citronette". I first played a versus game with "the guy that didn't talk much" when he was with us in the (literally) underground snack near Akiba, then won and so proceded in 1P mode, winning by applying pretty much the same technique all the time (running to the other guy and use the huge sword) until losing in the fifth or sixth match-up.

Very awkward, and lacked a bit of rythm. Many more "boss sequences" than I had thought during a duel, and the patterns were much easier to escape than I had thought as well.

Overall, I didn't like it much.

NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 Z80 AND SH-2 HEART ON FIRE !!

gorgeous
90th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Who's actually played Senko no Ronde?" , posted Wed 22 Feb 11:36post reply

quote:
...anybody?

I wrote a review of it. Maybe about 3,000 words. It was boring. It just talked about the game. No details about prostitutes or car accidents. I never sent it to you, though. It was around the time, you know, the . . . PHP thing was supposed to be getting done.

Which means, yeah, I played it for at least five minutes.

I called it one of the "best Japanese games of the year" in my really mainstream list on Next-Gen.biz.

I kind of don't mention much about the gameplay there, though.

I make it a habit to stop and observe the game everytime I'm in an arcade. I still don't like the game very much . . . at all. It's sluggish. I could go into much detail if prodded angrily.

KTallguy
828th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Who's actually played Senko no Ronde?" , posted Wed 22 Feb 13:27post reply

I actually liked the game!

Unfortunately I'm really bad at shooters. So I don't last long. I can beat the first or second computer character, but there is a level of strategy to the game that I'm not particularly aware of. I've only played it maybe a total of 10 - 15 times.

The graphics, artwork and interface are sweet. The music is awesome and I use it when I'm running (like on a treadmill).

The gameplay is difficult. I think what they were trying to do is give the player the flexibility to move fast, but then the ability to move very slow so you can dodge bullets. Using the dash button lets you dart around quickly, depending on the character you can really cover a lot of ground. If you just move the stick around without the dash you move pretty slow, which offers more control.

My main problem in the game was hitting the opponent with my weapon. The characters are all so different and you kind of have to know what you're doing. I didn't. When I see real people play and watch real matches, videos or otherwise, I don't really know what's going on, but the best I can gather is that they usually save that boss mode for the very very end, as you do get health back when you use it and you stop the timer.

Hope that helps but it's been a while since I've played it. The only place I know of in the US that has it is LA (Arcade Infinity) and I don't know if it's still there. I could find out for you if you want.

Proud Supporter of Next Generation GAMEPLAY
"テメエがヤクブソクなんだよ!"

Bata kun
2777th Post

"Re(2):Who's actually played Senko no Ronde?" , posted Wed 22 Feb 13:37post reply

quote:
The only place I know of in the US that has it is LA (Arcade Infinity) and I don't know if it's still there.

"Hi! I need to get to L.A."

exodus
3282th Post

"Re(2):Who's actually played Senko no Ronde?" , posted Wed 22 Feb 14:20post reply

quote:
The only place I know of in the US that has it is LA (Arcade Infinity) and I don't know if it's still there. I could find out for you if you want.

Thanks for your impressions! Now that I found out it's there, I asked my pal vince to go...he's gonna check it out this weekend. Much obliged!

Professor
2275th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(3):Who's actually played Senko no Ronde?" , posted Wed 22 Feb 19:32post reply

quote:
The only place I know of in the US that has it is LA (Arcade Infinity) and I don't know if it's still there. I could find out for you if you want.

Thanks for your impressions! Now that I found out it's there, I asked my pal vince to go...he's gonna check it out this weekend. Much obliged!

Your mailbox needs to go on a diet!

exodus
3285th Post

"Re(4):Who's actually played Senko no Ronde?" , posted Thu 23 Feb 02:47post reply

quote:

Your mailbox needs to go on a diet!

I get 300 spam/day :( :(
I got the mail though! Will respond shortly!

KTallguy
830th Post

"Re(3):Who's actually played Senko no Ronde?" , posted Thu 23 Feb 05:38:post reply

quote:

You're very welcome.

Even if the game is crap, the music is heavenly. I'll send you some tracks if you want. Some of the tracks remind me of good old Sega music, like PSO soundtracks!

edit:

Shit! My friend told me they took the game out and replaced it with Hokuto No Ken. =( =(

So sorry for the bad information!!

"テメエがヤクブソクなんだよ!"

[this message was edited by KTallguy on Thu 23 Feb 05:39]

Bata kun
2781th Post

"Re(4):Who's actually played Senko no Ronde?" , posted Thu 23 Feb 05:57post reply

quote:
edit:

Shit! My friend told me they took the game out and replaced it with Hokuto No Ken.

Ack!

On a side note, did you enjoy that new "HnK" game?

KTallguy
831th Post

"Re(5):Who's actually played Senko no Ronde?" , posted Thu 23 Feb 07:09post reply

quote:

On a side note, did you enjoy that new "HnK" game?

Unfortunately I'm in San Francisco, so I haven't been to AI in a few months. Last time I went I played a lot of Senko no Ronde and VFFT though.

I don't know much about the Hokuto no Ken game other than it's like a crazy instant death game at points. I'd rather play ggxx.

"テメエがヤクブソクなんだよ!"

exodus
3286th Post

"Re(4):Who's actually played Senko no Ronde?" , posted Thu 23 Feb 07:28post reply

quote:

Shit! My friend told me they took the game out and replaced it with Hokuto No Ken. =( =(

aaaaah dammit! bastards ;_;

oh well, the info you all provided was good!