Killer 7 comic adaptation - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1735 Views )

Ishmael
2379th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Killer 7 comic adaptation" , posted Fri 10 Feb 23:16post reply

There are many ways you could do a successful comic book adaptation of Killer 7. This is not one of them.

Replies:

Shooo-rook
59th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Killer 7 comic adaptation" , posted Sat 11 Feb 02:58post reply

quote:
There are many ways you could do a successful comic book adaptation of Killer 7. This is not one of them.

Arvid Nelson sounds like an idiot.

"My challenge was trying to take the game, brilliant and flawed as it was, and turn it into a comprehensible story. So we're kind of throwing out a lot of things, changing a lot of things, taking a lot of liberties in the name of telling a good story."

"The video game doesn't spoon feed you information; you have to figure out what's going on by playing. That's how the comic's going to be, too. You have to figure out what's going on by reading."

Didn't he just say that he was cutting out a bunch of stuff so that it can be a "good story"
This guy sounds delusional

Are you slave to the blade?

Korigama
82th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Killer 7 comic adaptation" , posted Sat 11 Feb 03:06:post reply

quote:

"My challenge was trying to take the game, brilliant and flawed as it was, and turn it into a comprehensible story. So we're kind of throwing out a lot of things, changing a lot of things, taking a lot of liberties in the name of telling a good story."

Considering the actual story was part of what was so good about it, what's the point?

The art style's nowhere near as good as the game's, either.

[this message was edited by Korigama on Sat 11 Feb 03:09]

CharlesProphony
19th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Killer 7 comic adaptation" , posted Sat 11 Feb 04:12post reply

and in one of the pages, it looks like mask is having a boner

just improving my english...

Arngrim
87th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Killer 7 comic adaptation" , posted Sat 11 Feb 04:51post reply

I'm REALLY REALLY pissed about this adaptation.

I saw the first chapter of the comic some months ago going around the gamefaqs forums.

It was very close to the original story.

I won't say the art is crap but it is COMPLETELY mismatching from the spirit of the series, also, the author has failed in correctly characterizing the characters. In that cover all look retarded and unattractive. The framing looks horrible and the application of color is rather poor.

Also, I don't know if the author has played the game or not, but if he has, he hasn't got the point on anything OR maybe he just cares very little for the original product and just adapts the characters and the story to the kind of comic he likes, in a true Uwe Boll fashion.

I don't know for the hardcore fans of the american comic, but for those who played, enjoyed and loved the game this is kind of a let down.

-Death!!!... but in this place there is no happiness.-

Shooo-rook
62th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Killer 7 comic adaptation" , posted Sun 12 Feb 01:14post reply

quote:
I don't know for the hardcore fans of the american comic, but for those who played, enjoyed and loved the game this is kind of a let down.

"I'm a big fan of the game! It defies any kind of classification," Nelson said. "Game play is definitely not it's strength, but the story is really, really interesting. That's what drew me into the game, and I think that's what gives it such potential for a comic book."

I don't know what this means... Maybe a gameplayer told him an overview of the story (kind of like cramming for a test) And then he decided... ok I can do this...

Is this comic going to be released in US and japan??? Only the delusional idiot would like a delusional author's approach to slicing the story into crap.

Are you slave to the blade?