Javascript problems - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1341 Views )

Gojira
1928th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Javascript problems" , posted Fri 3 Feb 10:51post reply

I was trying to edit my profile today, but no window would come up when I clicked Edit Profile. It asked for my username and then nothing. Then later I went to an online shop and clicked details on an item, and again no window would come up. In both cases javascript was being used to open the window, but I can't figure out why it won't come up. I never had this problem before installing the Java runtime environment, but uninstalling it doesn't seem to have any effect. Has anyone had this problem before and fixed it?

Replies:

Tai-Pan
68th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Javascript problems" , posted Fri 3 Feb 18:29post reply

quote:
I was trying to edit my profile today, but no window would come up when I clicked Edit Profile. It asked for my username and then nothing. Then later I went to an online shop and clicked details on an item, and again no window would come up. In both cases javascript was being used to open the window, but I can't figure out why it won't come up. I never had this problem before installing the Java runtime environment, but uninstalling it doesn't seem to have any effect. Has anyone had this problem before and fixed it?

I started having the same problem after installing the java runtime environment. And i couldnt fix it. Then i started playing with the Java options on the Control Panel, and some days later everything was fine.

hayaku!!

Gojira
1930th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):Javascript problems" , posted Sat 4 Feb 06:07:post reply

quote:
I started having the same problem after installing the java runtime environment. And i couldnt fix it. Then i started playing with the Java options on the Control Panel, and some days later everything was fine.

Weird. I mess around with the Java options randomly and it works briefly, then stops working when I go to another site.

Edit: I can get it to work if I refresh the page with javascript calls on it. God this is silly.

Well thanks for the tip.

[this message was edited by Gojira on Sat 4 Feb 06:23]