Video Game Music - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2864 Views )

Grahf
425th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Gold Customer

"Video Game Music" , posted Wed 1 Feb 07:13post reply

Here are a couple of links for those who enjoy listening to video game music. Feel free to post some more.

Gaming FM. I've posted this link here before, but the audio stream has been down for the last few months. It just recently came back online. The songs they play are based on request, and they have a fairly large selection (although it hasn't been updated during their recent hiatus).

OCRemix. This site features some really nice remixes of video game music. They also have an audio stream, but you can download all the mp3s directly if you want. The majority of their selection consists of techno-ish versions of NES and SNES generation music.

Replies:

OmegaDog
1576th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Video Game Music" , posted Wed 1 Feb 14:25:post reply

2a03.org
A bunch of original and cover songs in NSF (Nintendo Sound Format) -- essentially relying on the same chip that your NES/Famicom used for sound, the 2a03. Just hit the NSF Archive. Requires a player that can play NSF files -- I recommend using the NotSoFatso plugin with Winamp. Some composers are definitely better than others, though. It's hit & miss.

FamiTracker
There are several ways to make your own 2a03-style music -- but I'd say it has the best interface so far, as it's, well, a tracker. But, if you're new to trackers (or composing even), it still takes a little while to get used to it -- and given that it's still pretty early on in versions, there are still a few bugs. Also, there isn't yet support for extended sound chips yet (like the VRC6/7 or the N106). But, you all know how awesome the sounds could be with just the original chip. I'm trying to make my own bits of music now that I've got a better hang of the software -- but, I've got loads of other things I need to tend to first.

"So... IT'S FLITZ TIME EVERYBODY!" || CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 21

[this message was edited by OmegaDog on Wed 1 Feb 14:26]

slayzz
10th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Video Game Music" , posted Wed 1 Feb 16:51:post reply

Galbadia Hotel

Very good site with lots of OST. I get most of my game music there.

A cat falls in a pool. A rooster laughs... what's the moral of the story?
A wet pussy makes a happy cock.

[this message was edited by slayzz on Wed 1 Feb 16:55]

Maou
772th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Video Game Music" , posted Wed 1 Feb 17:14:post reply

For streaming, the fine folks at RPGFan run a good streaming radio station last I checked, if you like RPG soundtracks.

edit: good point, Rid.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Thu 2 Feb 12:53]

exodus
3240th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):Video Game Music" , posted Thu 2 Feb 05:09post reply

this is a good place to ask: does anyone know of a program that converts .NSF to .mp3? I want the famicompo mini files on my mp3 player. I've done googling, but to no avail. maybe my powers are weak?

jiji
158th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Video Game Music" , posted Thu 2 Feb 05:16post reply

quote:
this is a good place to ask: does anyone know of a program that converts .NSF to .mp3? I want the famicompo mini files on my mp3 player. I've done googling, but to no avail. maybe my powers are weak?

You could probably use the disk writer plugin in Winamp or whichever player you're using to dump out a WAV file, and then mp3 that. It'd be nice if there was a utility to automate that, though.

Rid
6991th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Video Game Music" , posted Thu 2 Feb 08:40post reply

quote:
Galbadia Hotel

Very good site with lots of OST. I get most of my game music there.

Now we post pirated music sites? Can't wait for the warez links.