Street Fighter is not dead - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2634 Views )

Maese Spt
144th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Regular Customer

"Street Fighter is not dead" , posted Tue 31 Jan 21:25post reply

I dunno very well what the heck is this supposed to be, but I think it´s worth checking:

http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/imageboard/file/lol.jpg

Old heroes never die! I hope this means we would see Hideyoshi dressed as Bison/Vega and Ieyasu featuring Gôki as well... not to mention Yodogimi with Karin´s uniform, lol!

Too bad Nobunaga won´t woke up from his grave impersonating Gill...That would rock my world SO HARD.

"At his coming the gods themselves are put to flight and the Buddhas vanish"

Replies:

Cain Highwind
648th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Street Fighter is not dead" , posted Tue 31 Jan 21:53post reply

quote:
I dunno very well what the heck is this supposed to be, but I think it´s worth checking:

http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/imageboard/file/lol.jpg

Old heroes never die! I hope this means we would see Hideyoshi dressed as Bison/Vega and Ieyasu featuring Gôki as well... not to mention Yodogimi with Karin´s uniform, lol!

Too bad Nobunaga won´t woke up from his grave impersonating Gill...That would rock my world SO HARD.

Something about that Ryu looks horribly off. The rest of those screens.. I dunno, they'd be pretty damn good for fakes. And ithe idea of putting Street Fighter charactrers in Onimusha as secret characters doesn't seem that farfetched.

When reading the topic title I thought this was going to be another lame rumor about SF4.

Rid
6990th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Street Fighter is not dead" , posted Tue 31 Jan 21:56post reply

Why would they be fakes? Crimson Tears had the same...

Ishmael
2363th Post

"Re(3):Street Fighter is not dead" , posted Wed 1 Feb 02:39post reply

Thanks for the scan. I had heard that the new Onimusha was going to have SF costumes as hidden outfits but I hadn't seen any screenshots before this. Since I'm not that familiar with the new Oni characters I don't know who that is who dressed up as Guile but, man, that is wonderfully ridiculous looking.

Ktallguy
806th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"maaaan" , posted Wed 1 Feb 03:30post reply

Now I feel like I wanna buy onimusha 4... and it's probably really boring. I mean, anyone have any good impressions? Seems like the same stuff, different game.

Proud Supporter of Next Generation GAMEPLAY
"テメエがヤクブソクなんだよ!"

Gojira
1927th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA" , posted Wed 1 Feb 05:08post reply

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Cain Highwind
649th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(4):Street Fighter is not dead" , posted Wed 1 Feb 08:49post reply

quote:
Thanks for the scan. I had heard that the new Onimusha was going to have SF costumes as hidden outfits but I hadn't seen any screenshots before this. Since I'm not that familiar with the new Oni characters I don't know who that is who dressed up as Guile but, man, that is wonderfully ridiculous looking.

Oh so they're COSTUMES.

My bad

Arngrim
72th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Street Fighter is not dead" , posted Wed 1 Feb 10:02post reply

Oh... this is not was I was expecting exactly T__T

I'm no really sure if it will work... looks really out of place!!!

...and that Delta Red Cammy is... odd... O_o;

Still praying for a decent Capcom fighting game again... it's been so long since SFIII3rdStrike or CvsS2...

-Death!!!... but in this place there is no happiness.-

Burning Ranger
1370th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Street Fighter is not dead" , posted Wed 1 Feb 12:05post reply

I still don't have any interest in Onimusha 4. O3 was awesome and should have been the end, because you can't really top Jean Reno from the modern era going back in time.

And, ugh... SF in O4. Cheap shots to bring in the fans...

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

...and for Guilty Gear X2 # Reload!

Spoon
1279th Post

"Re(2):Street Fighter is not dead" , posted Wed 1 Feb 12:57post reply

quote:
I still don't have any interest in Onimusha 4. O3 was awesome and should have been the end, because you can't really top Jean Reno from the modern era going back in time.

I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to something even more ridiculous from them.

Maese Spt
147th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Street Fighter is not dead" , posted Wed 1 Feb 21:12post reply

quote:
When reading the topic title I thought this was going to be another lame rumor about SF4.

You know, that was exactly my intention! Thread´s titles should be attractive enough, lol

quote:
I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to something even more ridiculous from them.

Same here. But I think they´ve done a pretty good job this time. At least, that Guile ripoff is marvelously ludicrous.

To think I thought that I had seen everything already when Rockman shot hadôkens in Rockman X... Thanks, Capcom. World is an interesting place indeed.

"At his coming the gods themselves are put to flight and the Buddhas vanish"

deisied
387th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(4):Street Fighter is not dead" , posted Wed 1 Feb 22:41post reply

404, help.

Ishmael
2367th Post

"Re(5):Street Fighter is not dead" , posted Thu 2 Feb 01:48post reply

quote:
404, help.

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

I don't know what the Chun-Li character is holding but "Ken" is going to kill the hell out of someone.

deisied
388th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(6):Street Fighter is not dead" , posted Thu 2 Feb 03:04post reply

Thank you sir.

Well...those are pretty damn plain looking. I've considered this to be a pretty nice looking game so far too, but these guys are just kinda dull. I'm sure I'll end up using one or two of them for a while though. But they could've been a little stronger/popped a little more/had more style/something.

Side notes: Chun-Li has no legs. Guile's gloves are dumb. I thoughr Ryu was Ken at first for some reason because I'm so used to remixed colors and Violent Ken and crap like that.

Also, I thought they said the Capcom cameos would be from more than just one game? Oh well.

Pollyanna
1617th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(7):Street Fighter is not dead" , posted Thu 2 Feb 07:17post reply

quote:

Side notes: Chun-Li has no legs. Guile's gloves are dumb. I thoughr Ryu was Ken at first for some reason because I'm so used to remixed colors and Violent Ken and crap like that.

B-but there's no reason why she should have Chun-Li's legs. She's just wearing her costume. I don't get crazy legs when I put on Chun Li's costume.

I'm waiting to borrow this from someone else, but that's all fine and dandy for me, since I'm well into both Kingdom Hearts 2 and Dirge of Cerberus. Which is funny, since I like neither Disney, nor FF7.

NARUTO
3359th Post

"Re(8):Street Fighter is not dead" , posted Thu 2 Feb 19:00post reply

Here some stupid speculation foolishness from a french furom...
Witha friend we were curious to know why would Oni4 have SF characters, nor anniverasy, nor good reason until you mix On4 with SF which gives you Street fighter 4... So would it be a special trick from capcom to see if SF is still popular for a 4th episode??

Since the name mixed can gives you Street Musha 4...I don't think so...^ ^

A bit OT but: Polly how is DOC??

Tu Fuis Ego eris...Like you I was Like me you'll be...

Pollyanna
1619th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(9):Street Fighter is not dead" , posted Thu 2 Feb 20:28post reply

quote:

A bit OT but: Polly how is DOC??

If I hadn't been so busy with scriptwriting today, I would have made a topic about it. The short answer is...it's very beautiful to look at, has expensive FMV, increasingly interesting level design with decent gameplay and the worst story I've seen in a long time.

It is a good game, not great. It has problems, but should appeal to fans of 3rd person shooters (which I find very few of).

deisied
389th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(10):Street Fighter is not dead" , posted Fri 3 Feb 01:36post reply

Greh. The gameplay looked pretty dead and hand-holding to me. I figured the visuals and the story would be it. But if the story is weak...

Fuchikoma
1428th Post

"Re(6):Street Fighter is not dead" , posted Fri 3 Feb 03:01post reply

quote:
404, help.

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

I don't know what the Chun-Li character is holding but "Ken" is going to kill the hell out of someone.

Is Guile wearing Krizalid's arm bands?