Brokeback Mountain thread. - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2603 Views )

kofoguz
277th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Copper Customer

"Brokeback Mountain thread." , posted Wed 25 Jan 06:50:post reply

Well someone should this "possible-oscar-winner movie" thread. I watched this morning and all I can say is Ang Lee is a magician.
I wasnt -director following person- but after "Crouchin Tiger, Hidden Dragon", "Hulk" and now this. Now I feel like I have see his other movies I never saw and should have DVD collection of his work.

Anyway back on topic, you should watch this movie. As the director and cast say "Its not just a gay cowboy movie, Its a love story". Believe me its true.
Also it's a masterpiece.

Good luck to Brokeback Mountain at the Academy Awards.

[this message was edited by kofoguz on Wed 25 Jan 10:39]

Replies:

exodus
3233th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Brokeback Mountain thread." , posted Wed 25 Jan 07:07post reply

yes. not just another gay cowboy movie - there have been far too many, and it's about time it got done right!

the unrated version is called bareback mountin'

heyoooo

in other news, I still haven't seen this, but plan to. I've heard it's pretty good! any movie with cowboys gets extra points, but not as many points as movies with pirates or zombies.

simonbelmont
61th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Brokeback Mountain thread." , posted Wed 25 Jan 12:55post reply

quote:

Anyway back on topic, you should watch this movie. As the director and cast say "Its not just a gay cowboy movie, Its a love story". Believe me its true.
Also it's a masterpiece.

I'll pass on that one. Call me a homophobe but I'd rather watch stand-up of Andrew Dice Clay bashing gays than a movie about gay cowboys. However, I am eagerly awaiting news of a Cho Aniki anime.

Spoon
1271th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Brokeback Mountain thread." , posted Wed 25 Jan 13:03post reply

I'm surprised it took this long for a thread about it around here.

I'm waiting for Iggy's review of it because I'm sure it'll be a hilarious piece.

I'm also sure that there's got to be some Hong Kong pirate DVD of it somewhere out there with subtitles that will make the movie the best romantic comedy of the year.

sabo10
1314th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Brokeback Mountain thread." , posted Wed 25 Jan 13:05post reply

quote:
I'd rather watch stand-up of Andrew Dice Clay bashing gays than a movie about gay cowboys.

Undead Fred
2629th Post

"Re(1):Brokeback Mountain thread." , posted Wed 25 Jan 13:14post reply

quote:
Well someone should this "possible-oscar-winner movie" thread. I watched this morning and all I can say is Ang Lee is a magician.
I wasnt -director following person- but after "Crouchin Tiger, Hidden Dragon", "Hulk" and now this. Now I feel like I have see his other movies I never saw and should have DVD collection of his work.

Also it's a masterpiece.

Good luck to Brokeback Mountain at the Academy Awards.

Stone: If they have pudding in that movie, I’m going to lose my mind.

Parker: No, if there’s pudding eating in there, we’re going to sue.

kofoguz
277th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):Brokeback Mountain thread." , posted Wed 25 Jan 14:10post reply

I'm surprised it took this long for a thread about it around here.

I'm waiting for Guillaume's review of it because I'm sure it'll be a hilarious piece.

I'm also sure that there's got to be some Hong Kong pirate DVD of it somewhere out there with subtitles that will make the movie the best romantic comedy of the year.

Fixed :p

Maou
766th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(4):Brokeback Mountain thread." , posted Wed 25 Jan 14:26post reply

quote:
Guillaume's

Hey now, don't be so sure--have they ever been seen at the same place at the same time? It could be like Clark Kent or somebody, or something.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Maese Spt
140th Post

Regular Customer

"gayboy cowboys" , posted Wed 25 Jan 19:40:post reply

quote:
I'd rather watch stand-up of Andrew Dice Clay bashing gays than a movie about gay cowboys.

I myself would prefer a movie about lesbian kunoichi teens but, heck, only male homosexuals seem to be trendy lately...

However, since Ang Lee is the director, this flick could actually be interesting. No wonder his "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" was to wuxia the same as Kurosawa´s "Sichinin no Samurai" was to chanbara.

"At his coming the gods themselves are put to flight and the Buddhas vanish"

[this message was edited by Maese Spt on Wed 25 Jan 19:42]

HAYATO
572th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):gayboy cowboys" , posted Wed 25 Jan 20:32post reply

quote:
I myself would prefer a movie about lesbian kunoichi teens but, heck, only male homosexuals seem to be trendy lately...

I second that, but I guess we should wait a lot till it's made. It seems those film industry moguls lack of our innovative vision for business... I think I'll stick to those cowboys' sticks in the meantime

BTW, didn't you graduated in Visual Arts (or whatever it's called)? I think you should go and direct it yourself, you know you can count with me for the main role, and Zeros would be the perfect hetero teen-hunter antagonist!!! Oh, we are such a couple of visionaries...

Guillaume
5th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):Brokeback Mountain thread." , posted Wed 25 Jan 22:17post reply

quote:
I'm waiting for Guillaume's review of it because I'm sure it'll be a hilarious piece.

I had never heard of this thing before this thread, and frankly, I don't see what's revolutionary in a cowboy movie where the main characters are gay.
I really don't feel concerned by this, and I don't think we'll go see it with my girlfriend.

Also, lesbians are trendy enough to have that catastrophic "The L Word" thing, and I don't believe there is a need for anymore crap of this level.

Undead Fred
2631th Post

"Re(1):gayboy cowboys" , posted Wed 25 Jan 22:38post reply

Here's some info on the movie.
quote:
I myself would prefer a movie about lesbian kunoichi teens

We can only dream...

CHAZumaru
335th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(5):Brokeback Mountain thread." , posted Wed 25 Jan 23:16post reply

quote:
Guillaume's
Hey now, don't be so sure--have they ever been seen at the same place at the same time? It could be like Clark Kent or somebody, or something.

The rumor says they don't dress the same at all. But it might be because of the winter sales period.

NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 Z80 AND SH-2 HEART ON FIRE !!

kofoguz
278th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(5):Brokeback Mountain thread." , posted Thu 26 Jan 07:11post reply

quote:
I had never heard of this thing before this thread, and frankly, I don't see what's revolutionary in a cowboy movie where the main characters are gay.

And I dont see the word "revolutionary" in my post or others. Its just a magnificient movie. Well, a second thought, it is revolutionary cause I dont remember any movie brave like this. (Apparantly there is some kind of category as "gay cowboy movie", I understand. And probably, its not cinematic so they dont count.)

About south park episode. I remember that episode. South Park become a some kind of movie festival town and mr. hanky(?) got sick because of those people's food. After watching movie I though they were sketching the brokeback mountain's story which is written in 1997. But I guess it was any other "gay cowboy movie" if there are more. (I honestly dont know if there are other movies about it.)

The bottom line is its really a magnificent movie if you put your prejudice aside and give it a chance. Its a great love story as it is meant to be.

P.S.:They had never eaten pudding together or by their own.

Mav
132th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Brokeback Mountain thread." , posted Thu 26 Jan 07:28post reply

Asked at a recent press conference if he'd seen Brokeback Mountain, Presiden Bush responded "I haven't yet, but I'd love to talk about ranching."
I wonder if there were unconfortable laughs following, or bone-chilling silence.

Maese Spt
142th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):gayboy cowboys" , posted Thu 26 Jan 18:47post reply

quote:

I myself would prefer a movie about lesbian kunoichi teens
We can only dream...

Actually, I´ve heard some rumors about an "special" version of Azumi wich seems promising, to say the least... I highly doubt Ueto Aya would be in, though :S

"At his coming the gods themselves are put to flight and the Buddhas vanish"

kofoguz
279th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Brokeback Mountain thread." , posted Fri 27 Jan 05:34post reply

I guess this thread stay in tune till the Oscars. Or till someone post something about what he/she/it will do rather than watching this.

Or someone decide to share his/her/its opinion after watching the movie.

Shooo-rook
33th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):Brokeback Mountain thread." , posted Fri 27 Jan 09:15:post reply

quote:
yes. not just another gay cowboy movie - there have been far too many, and it's about time it got done right!

the unrated version is called bareback mountin'

heyoooo

A new genre involving homosexuals!!! The Gay Slasher!!!!
http://hellbent-movie.com/
hell bent, what will these homosexuals come up with next!? AHHH how refreshing

Evenor told me about hell-bent, haven't seen it yet though!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/shibito/croppedart2.jpg [Image Attached]

How many dicks does it take to get to the center of a STD?

[this message was edited by Shooo-rook on Fri 27 Jan 09:22]

pointman_4000
21th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Brokeback Mountain thread." , posted Fri 27 Jan 13:56post reply

Not that interested in seeing it, despite Anne Hathaway getting her boobs out in it. I do have a friend who might enjoy it though.

[-OO]----///////////////////

shin ramberk
234th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Brokeback Mountain thread." , posted Fri 27 Jan 16:32post reply

Its a good movie. Maybe even a "fun" movie because the two main characters are interesting. Of course, its also a depressing and tear jerker of a movie.

It's also a good cowboy movie and retro movie-- it takes place in the 60s and 70s. Your not gonna learn how to be a cowboy, but there is definite 'cowboying' in it.

Anyhow, it is a good movie. It doesn't "shove" homosexuality in your face but at the same time, it's a powerful movie about love and fear.

It's a pretty damn good movie.

http://ramberk.blogspot.com

kofoguz
280th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):Brokeback Mountain thread." , posted Sat 28 Jan 00:54post reply

quote:
Its a good movie. Maybe even a "fun" movie because the two main characters are interesting. Of course, its also a depressing and tear jerker of a movie.

It's also a good cowboy movie and retro movie-- it takes place in the 60s and 70s. Your not gonna learn how to be a cowboy, but there is definite 'cowboying' in it.

Anyhow, it is a good movie. It doesn't "shove" homosexuality in your face but at the same time, it's a powerful movie about love and fear.

It's a pretty damn good movie.

Finally someone who watched the movie. I absolutely agree with you.

Iggy
7495th Post

"Re(2):Brokeback Mountain thread." , posted Mon 30 Jan 02:24post reply

I saw it.

It's a Barbara Cartland atrocity for old ladies who last saw a handsome stud when maccarthism was the hip thing.

And I can't wait to cut Guillaume's throat with his own ribcage.

Evenor
280th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):Brokeback Mountain thread." , posted Mon 30 Jan 02:35post reply

quote:
I saw it.

It's a Barbara Cartland atrocity for old ladies who last saw a handsome stud when maccarthism was the hip thing.

OH MY MOKKOS

Hes back!

Oh Iggy! What gifts did you bring us!?

肝臓入りのオレンジジュース!
腎臓混じりの甘口カレー!
膵臓仕込みのペスカトーレ!
愛しの愛しのサイコホラー

Ishmael
2361th Post

"Re(4):Brokeback Mountain thread." , posted Mon 30 Jan 07:21post reply

quote:

OH MY MOKKOS

Hes back!

Iggy wishes he knew how to quit us.

I have nothing really to add to the discussion about the movie other than a quick comment about my appreciation for the room that the family of Heath Ledger's character was renting. With it's shag carpeting, broken down furniture, and random piles of toys, newspapers and beer bottles, that place was all sorts of awesome. I'm not sure why Ledger's character turned into Joe Don Baker as the years went by but I guess living in that time and place would cause guys to spontaneously mutate into the star of "Walking Tall."

shooo-rook
36th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(4):Brokeback Mountain thread." , posted Mon 30 Jan 08:31:post reply

quote:
I saw it.

OH MY MOKKOS

Hes back!

May the Delicious rapture ensue

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/shibito/croppedart2.jpg [Image Attached]

How many dicks does it take to get to the center of a STD?

[this message was edited by shooo-rook on Mon 30 Jan 09:55]

Guillaume
14th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Brokeback Mountain thread." , posted Tue 31 Jan 23:52post reply

quote:

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?

There is no more Iggy. The person who wrote this post is probably just a fake.

But I will double the medication tonight, just to be sure.

Ishmael
2362th Post

"Re(4):Brokeback Mountain thread." , posted Wed 1 Feb 02:33post reply

At some point I expect Iggy and Guillaume to do the fusion dance and turn into an aggregate poster who possesses an amazingly high post count.

Maou
769th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(5):Brokeback Mountain thread." , posted Wed 1 Feb 05:22post reply

quote:
At some point I expect Iggy and Guillaume to do the fusion dance and turn into an aggregate poster who possesses an amazingly high post count.

Chrono Trigger Dual Technique Shining Dark Matter gogoogogogo

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

kofoguz
281th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Brokeback Mountain thread." , posted Fri 3 Feb 20:15post reply

Eight nominations.
I am glad that Jake Gyleenhall is nominated but dissapointed by the Anne Hathaway isnt a nominee. Well, her performance was great, imo.
Well maybe its that shes in the one of favourite scenes of mine. When she and Ennis were on the phone.
Academy must be full of old ladies.