Disney buys Pixar? Is it true...!? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1601 Views )

shin ramberk
230th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Frequent Customer

"Disney buys Pixar? Is it true...!?" , posted Sun 22 Jan 22:58post reply

News link.

Woah... This will make Steve Jobs Disney's largest stake holder.

Suddenly I get the feeling that SJ wants to take over the world... (which is fine with me.)

I think its safe to point at Bill Gates and do that 'ha ha' laugh. MS has been trying to take over the living room with Windows and the X-Box but now that SJ has Disney content behind him-- things are gonna be changing. Apple already has like 80% of the online music selling business and their video selling business has gotten praise. Damn, it really looks like Apple is gonna take complete control of all online media distribution in the next couple of years. Well, music and videos. And this will continue the trend of making the ipod the 'must have' portable media player. Sheesh. Damn. This is too funny. Damn!

We'll see what comes from this in five years. At the very least, Pixar better not go down the gutter.

http://ramberk.blogspot.com

Replies:

talbaineric
6216th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Disney buys Pixar? Is it true...!?" , posted Mon 23 Jan 00:24:post reply

quote:
News link.

Woah... This will make Steve Jobs Disney's largest stake holder.

Suddenly I get the feeling that SJ wants to take over the world... (which is fine with me.)

I think its safe to point at Bill Gates and do that 'ha ha' laugh. MS has been trying to take over the living room with Windows and the X-Box but now that SJ has Disney content behind him-- things are gonna be changing. Apple already has like 80% of the online music selling business and their video selling business has gotten praise. Damn, it really looks like Apple is gonna take complete control of all online media distribution in the next couple of years. Well, music and videos. And this will continue the trend of making the ipod the 'must have' portable media player. Sheesh. Damn. This is too funny. Damn!

We'll see what comes from this in five years. At the very least, Pixar better not go down the gutter.

This is big news all over the animation/online world. Both companies do need each other for various reasons.

Seems Iger is already doing plenty of things to boost Disney's powerful name even more. I'm sure once SJ becomes one of Disney's chairmen, it can only improve from there.

off topic: *still wants Talespin and Darkwing Duck on DVD*

*EDIT* Yay! :D Seems my dreams for at least one of those shows I mentioned came true WOOT! :D

Let's Get Dangerous!

TALBAINANDCAMMY.COM! Celebrating 3 years of T&C Fanship.
My Deviantart place! TE loves Deviantart!

[this message was edited by talbaineric on Mon 23 Jan 02:01]

kofoguz
271th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Disney buys Pixar? Is it true...!?" , posted Mon 23 Jan 03:39post reply

Well if its going to cause "Finding nemo" "Toy story" and "The Incredibles" worlds next kingdom hearts sequel (I hope there will be a sequel) and thats awesome.I wish to see one in Kingdom Hearts 2 but I guess its too late. Is it? Maybe they might have used the "Tarzan" formula.

Well actually I thought Disney own pixar from the beginning and Pixar left them last year. I guess that was a contract between them. Well I hope see creatives titles from them. As they did produce before.

Gai VS Urien