Silent Hill trailer out - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2996 Views )

sabo10
1299th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Fri 20 Jan 11:27:post reply

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808718754/trailer

http://mp3content01.bcst.yahoo.com/proot1/PubShare02/yahoointernal/11/21764261.mov

feel free to commence furious candle slurping

personally, I'm hoping there's a scene where she is jogging down a long corridor, the camera dollying behind her, her feet clanging repetitively against the grated floor, she then veers to the left, and runs against a wall where a door is, and continues pressing against the wall while running back and forth for a bit, she then suddenly halts, and tries to open it violently, and it makes a loud clacking noise, she then continues jogging for one step, and tries to open it again in the same manner, producing the same noise, then she continues jogging down the corridor

[this message was edited by sabo10 on Fri 20 Jan 11:33]

Replies:

Undead Fred
2612th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Fri 20 Jan 12:12post reply

quote:

http://mp3content01.bcst.yahoo.com/proot1/PubShare02/yahoointernal/11/21764261.mov

feel free to commence furious candle slurping

personally, I'm hoping there's a scene where she is jogging down a long corridor, the camera dollying behind her, her feet clanging repetitively against the grated floor, she then veers to the left, and runs against a wall where a door is, and continues pressing against the wall while running back and forth for a bit, she then suddenly halts, and tries to open it violently, and it makes a loud clacking noise, she then continues jogging for one step, and tries to open it again in the same manner, producing the same noise, then she continues jogging down the corridor

So far, looks like the world's first and only near-accurate video game to movie translation.

The only things I didn't like were that she was able to call out to the real world... and it looks like there are far too many people in it, but the atmosphere and other elements of the games look pretty awesome.

I'LL BE THERE

sabo10
1300th Post

"Re(2):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Fri 20 Jan 12:56:post reply

quote:
The only things I didn't like were that she was able to call out to the real world...

Didn't care for this much either.
Really hope the director was smart enough to pick up on how dumb a working cellphone in silent hill is, and the calling stuff just happens at the beginning, and he does something like have the connection getting cut off after a dimension shift.

The fact of the matter is that, even in the beginning, a dimension shift has already taken place, as evidenced by the fact that outside of the boundaries of the town is an infinite void.

I wonder what company ponied up to get their cellphone advertised in the movie as the phone that doesn't lose its signal, even across interdimensional boundaries.

One thing I liked, is that in one scene it showed her walking through a group of seemingly "inactivated monsters." I hope he really picked up on, and was able to express that the main reason the games are so scary is that the things in it are so fundementally inexplicable that you would run into random things like a group of monsters standing perfectly still in the middle of a room, oblivious to the heroines presence without explanation.

And I'm really hoping that when the final credits roll its wall to wall Joe Romersa cheesy Bowie lounge rock.

[this message was edited by sabo10 on Fri 20 Jan 13:07]

Undead Fred
2613th Post

"Re(3):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Fri 20 Jan 15:46post reply

quote:
Didn't care for this much either.
Really hope the director was smart enough to pick up on how dumb a working cellphone in silent hill is, and the calling stuff just happens at the beginning, and he does something like have the connection getting cut off after a dimension shift.

The fact of the matter is that, even in the beginning, a dimension shift has already taken place, as evidenced by the fact that outside of the boundaries of the town is an infinite void.

I wonder what company ponied up to get their cellphone advertised in the movie as the phone that doesn't lose its signal, even across interdimensional boundaries.
YES. I really have a feeling that her phone won't work fairly quickly into the town, but the part that bothers me is like you said, she's calling after entering Silent Hill's "own personal hell" realm. The town's supposed to call people in and swallow them up, and a big element of the games was getting cut off from human contact (other than a couple of other people... who you have to question why they're there too).
quote:

One thing I liked, is that in one scene it showed her walking through a group of seemingly "inactivated monsters." I hope he really picked up on, and was able to express that the main reason the games are so scary is that the things in it are so fundementally inexplicable that you would run into random things like a group of monsters standing perfectly still in the middle of a room, oblivious to the heroines presence without explanation.
Yeah, also a thing I liked. One of the things I've always loved about Silent Hill was that they really mess with your expectations by throwing in "fake scares" like the little ghost babies in SH1, or just weird things that you can't figure out just to throw you off. And it creates anticipation that you might be attacked or see something horrible. Heh heh. From what I've seen from the trailer, it looks like they got the feel of the movie down, and picked up on the details that make the games so creepy.

HEEEEEEE...... SPOKE OF TORTURE AND SOOOOUUUUUUULS....

altimus
150th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Fri 20 Jan 16:14post reply

quote:

I totally agree. Nothing was better than turning the corner in the hospital / Hotel / Baldwin manor in SH2 and seeing a legs monster in their little pose, waiting to be bumped into.

Everything from the looks of the trailer points to a rather decent movie. I'm excited! :)

sabo10
1301th Post

"Re(4):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Fri 20 Jan 18:35post reply

to celebrate

here are some sh ytmnds

here

and here

Undead Fred
2614th Post

"Re(5):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Fri 20 Jan 18:39post reply

quote:
and here

The Cloudsong one is pretty scary combined with those images. Heh heh.

Here's another classic.

Ishmael
2350th Post

"Re(6):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Sat 21 Jan 01:01post reply

I dunno, Undead Fred's current av is more terrifying than what I've seen of the Silent Hill movie. Is this supposed to scare me? It looks like Stevie Nicks in a road production of "Cats." What I thought made survival horror games work was the sense of immersion; you weren't just watching the situation but were in the thick of it. Without that element it's possible the movie could end up being nothing more than people screaming at special effects. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Burning Ranger
1362th Post

"Re(1):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Sat 21 Jan 15:44post reply

quote:

I saw the trailer when I went to see Underworld: Evolution just now. I felt my eyes get teary when I saw it. I mean, the imagery looks like it was lifted straight out of the games. From what I understand, it's a quasi-remake of the original game's story (except the protagonist is a woman now instead of Harry). Still, the imagery, the fog, and everything seems to capture the feel of the game (they even used the music from the original game). And it's being advertised as a scary movie, not like the action flick that Resident Evil was.

Wow, seeing the trailer makes me want to play the games again. Makes me wish Konami would do a SH remake (ala RE Remake) for the PS3. That by itself would probably make me buy the console.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

...and for Guilty Gear X2 # Reload!

Undead Fred
2616th Post

"Re(2):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Sat 21 Jan 16:39post reply

quote:
Makes me wish Konami would do a SH remake (ala RE Remake) for the PS3.
Yeah, I've been wanting to see something like that for a while now too... Pretty much just for the story and environments I loved so much on the PSX, but with updated graphics (like you said... pretty much what they did with REmake).

Sensenic
1436th Post

"Re(2):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Sun 22 Jan 01:14:post reply

quote:
So far, looks like the world's first and only near-accurate video game to movie translation.

We're getting too hyped... x_x
quote:

The only things I didn't like were that she was able to call out to the real world... and it looks like there are far too many people in it, but the atmosphere and other elements of the games look pretty awesome.

I'LL BE THERE

I agree. That scene with Cybil-wannabe calling out for people and telling them to run ("It's coming!") doesn't look right.

And not only the fact she's able to call "outside" but just the fact there'll be "outside" scenes... No. Daddy with cops, me no like.
EDIT: And... ash falls instead of snow, and there was a big fire... Looks like they're gonna explain. While the first game did not. Leaving the spectators who haven't played the games "WTF? o_O" would be cool to see. Tho' I guess that would make the movie not sell much... Oh well...
\( u_u)/

BTW, did she tell the man to "hurry"... Or did she call him "Harry"?

Other than those, tho'... *drools*

Deidara. I just loved that face. XD

"It's you know like when you die and you can't quite believe it"
An undead friend.

[this message was edited by Sensenic on Sun 22 Jan 01:23]

Undead Fred
2618th Post

"Re(3):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Sun 22 Jan 06:22post reply

quote:
And not only the fact she's able to call "outside" but just the fact there'll be "outside" scenes... No. Daddy with cops, me no like.
EDIT: And... ash falls instead of snow, and there was a big fire... Looks like they're gonna explain. While the first game did not. Leaving the spectators who haven't played the games "WTF? o_O" would be cool to see. Tho' I guess that would make the movie not sell much... Oh well...
\( u_u)/
Yeah, you're right. I REALLY wish they'd stop explaining too much in Silent Hill... it's much more interesting when there's that WTFFFFFF aspect that you have to investigate and interpret things for yourself. But at this point, I just read the fire thing as probably not going any deeper than what they did in SH1- "Alessa was burned to create pain to feed Samael. ...and that's about all." Who knows. The issue with being able to call out may be excusable if she can't call any more once she's in town early into the movie. But they'll still probably go back and forth from Silent Hill goodness to the real world crap for backstory or something. It's a shame, but I'm willing to overlook it if the rest of the movie's there, and there's still SOME focus on being alone.

The issue I've got with the phone and what I think other people here have with it is that Silent Hill and the real world don't exist together. You get called to Silent Hill and sucked in, and you're sort of in another dimension at that point. But like I said, who knows, maybe it won't be that big of a deal in the movie.

exodus
3222th Post

"Re(4):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Sun 22 Jan 13:26post reply

I remain cautiously optimistic!

Nate
745th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(4):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Sun 22 Jan 15:50post reply

quote:
\( u_u)/

YOU'LL GET INORDINATELY BAD BREATH!

ワンダフル! ビューティフル! エキサイティング!

Undead Fred
2619th Post

"Re(5):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Sun 22 Jan 16:43post reply

quote:
YOU'LL GET INORDINATELY BAD BREATH!

That's right, Mikey. You'll get inordinately bad breath!

Olivier Hague
49th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(4):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Sun 22 Jan 16:48post reply

quote:
Alessa was burned to create pain to feed Samael.

There never was a "Samael". That's just something some stupid fanboys came up with.

Undead Fred
2620th Post

"Re(5):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Sun 22 Jan 16:50post reply

quote:
There never was a "Samael". That's just something some stupid fanboys came up with.

So, the big demon that they kept talking about in SH1 that comes out of Alessa's back at the end of the game isn't Samael?

Nate
746th Post

"Re(6):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Sun 22 Jan 18:07post reply

quote:
So, the big demon that they kept talking about in SH1 that comes out of Alessa's back at the end of the game isn't Samael?

I believe that's called the Incubus?

Undead Fred
2621th Post

"Re(7):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Sun 22 Jan 19:41post reply

quote:
I believe that's called the Incubus?

Well, an incubus is a demon type, and that's probably what he was called in the boss list or something, but I thought that was actually Samael himself showing up at the end... I could be wrong, though. Anyway, my point was that I didn't just grab that name out of thin air. Dahlia brought him up in Silent Hill 1, and said she was feeding him by torturing Alessa. And that's whose mark she said was tattooed all across the town, too.

Olivier Hague
52th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(8):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Sun 22 Jan 21:02:post reply

quote:

Nothing is Samael. There is no Samael. 'Never was.
quote:
I didn't just grab that name out of thin air.Dahlia brought him up in Silent Hill 1

Yes, in one of her lies. It's just a random demonic name she used to deceive Harry.
quote:
and said she was feeding him by torturing Alessa.

Nope. She was feeding her god. And her god was never named "Samael".

[this message was edited by Olivier Hague on Sun 22 Jan 21:02]

Just a Person
756th Post

"Re(9):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Mon 23 Jan 06:49post reply

It looks really good so far! I mean, the scene with Cybil and all those people does seem weird, but we don't know if they are really people or if it's another trick from the town (after all, I don't remember seeing people other than the characters in the town in the other scenes). Same thing with the cell phone: maybe Rose was able to contact someone out of SH because the town itself wants it??

At first, I thought that Rose's story would happen at the same time than Harry's (and that would be the reason that most of SH characters are there, except for Harry and Cheryl - it could even explain where people like Cybil or Dahlia were when they weren't with Harry), but it seems that Harry was just substituted for her, anyway... Oh well, the most important thing in the movie is Silent Hill itself, after all...

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

Mav
128th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(10):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Mon 23 Jan 08:44post reply

I'm optimistic! Cautiously!

The Sonypictures website for the movie is amazing. Lots of neat little touches like the website areas shifting dimensions after you linger a bit and changing the interface.

Dhalia Gillespie (sp?) seems more put-together than usual. I miss the bat-shit insane stylings of the original.

sabo10
1305th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Mon 23 Jan 10:09:post reply

Here is my impression of Olivier Hague:

here

[this message was edited by sabo10 on Mon 23 Jan 10:13]

Undead Fred
2622th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Mon 23 Jan 10:52post reply

quote:
I know beyond a shadow of a doubt ualuealuealeuale

quote:
I'm optimistic! Cautiously!

Heh heh heh. Yeah, I think that's the buzzword for this movie- "cautiously optimistic." Which is doing pretty well for a video game movie.

Mav
131th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Mon 23 Jan 13:49post reply

quote:
Which is doing pretty well for a video game movie.

Bloodrayne movie stats so far -

Production Budget: $25 million
Est. Marketing Costs: $22 million
Domestic Income Total as of Jan. 16, 2006: $2,133,942
Widest Release: 985 theaters

The Downfall of Uwe Boll: Priceless

Olivier Hague
53th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Tue 24 Jan 00:39post reply

quote:

Fine. Be wrong.

Undead Fred
2624th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Tue 24 Jan 01:47post reply

quote:

Fine. Be wrong.

No, here's the thing- I'm not gonna do the bait-and-troll thing with you that you love doing so much. I've played through SH1 somewhere between 12-15 times according to the counter, so believe whatever you want, I really don't care. As for me, I'm leaving it at ualuealuealeuale

Olivier Hague
55th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Tue 24 Jan 02:05:post reply

quote:
I've played through SH1 somewhere between 12-15 times according to the counter

I don't care how many times you've played the game. You're still wrong.
quote:
so believe whatever you want

I believe what the guys who made the game said years ago in the Japanese official guides. There is no Samael.
Dahlia said that a demon was using the Mark of Samael to end the world, and it needed to be stop.
What was really going on was that Alessa was using the Seal of Metatron to kill herself and the god within her, and Dahlia didn't want that to happen.
The whole "Mark of Samael" thing was a load of BS. "Samael" was just a random demonic name that Dahlia had used to deceive Harry.

The Japanese official guides never said anything about the cult's god being named "Samael". Ever. And lots of them (complete with lexicons and all) have been published.

You won't ever see Japanese players talking about "Samael". That's a Western thing. Why? Because some English-speaking guy made a leap of "logic" in his FAQ, and people simply believed him without bothering to think about it.

There is no connection between Dahlia calling the Seal of Metatron "Mark of Samael" and the god she's worshipping.
Was it ever said that the Seal of Metatron was her god's mark? Nope. On the contrary, Alessa is using the Seal of Metatron to kill herself and the god along with her.
No connection whatsoever. You should at least realize that.
quote:
I really don't care.

Because... what? You like being wrong? Or are you just stupidly stubborn?

[this message was edited by Olivier Hague on Tue 24 Jan 02:12]

Sensenic
1437th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Tue 24 Jan 06:24:post reply

Well, this is the fun factor about not giving explanations... XD
quote:
I believe what the guys who made the game said years ago in the Japanese official guides.

Yiepp! Hold your horses!
Could you ellaborate on that? AKA, is this official info available in English somewhere?
Or more parts of it?

So far my conclusions were taken from what I had read here and there in some
quote:
leap of "logic" FAQs

I specially liked the one, pretty close to this "Alessa killing herself" thing, that said that all of what happens in SH is a product of Alessa's waaay-over-the-top psychic powers. No mythology, "just" parapsychology.

This being it
It's an interesting read, if you've played the game.

EDIT: Damn tags!

Deidara. I just loved that face. XD

"It's you know like when you die and you can't quite believe it"
An undead friend.

[this message was edited by Sensenic on Tue 24 Jan 06:37]

Olivier Hague
55th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(7):Re(10):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Tue 24 Jan 08:49post reply

quote:
Could you ellaborate on that? AKA, is this official info available in English somewhere?

Here's some of it.

Nate
748th Post

"Re(8):Re(10):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Tue 24 Jan 09:18post reply

quote:

Here's some of it.

What I've always wondered is, do you even LIKE the Silent Hill series?

I can never really tell. What about Siren? I know you yell at people about not knowing things about that one too.

Olivier Hague
56th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(9):Re(10):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Tue 24 Jan 10:26post reply

quote:
What I've always wondered is, do you even LIKE the Silent Hill series?

(you've been wondering about that??)
I liked "Silent Hill" quite a lot.
I thought "Silent Hill 2" was a step in the right direction, but wasn't "all that".
"Silent Hill 3" was, like, three steps back, but I still enjoyed it. It looked good and played well, anyway.
"Silent Hill 4 The Room" was a piece of shit.
quote:
What about Siren?

Great game.
quote:
I know you yell at people about not knowing things about that one too.

I don't like it when people are being stupid, that's all.

Red Falcon
5629th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Tue 24 Jan 10:34post reply

quote:

You know, even if Fred was wrong, he wasn't being "stupid", he just came away from the game with different theories than you did. Looking back at the original post that garnered your first response, you were pretty needlessly rude and elitist. There is a polite way to correct people, and a rude one. Are you unwilling to be polite, or... incapable? Just because somebody doesn't have access to all of the things you do or make their own conclusions about a game doesn't mean they're "stupid".

Best site EVER:Link Here

Olivier Hague
58th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Re(10):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Tue 24 Jan 10:37:post reply

quote:
You know, even if Fred was wrong, he wasn't being "stupid"

Let's see...
quote:

[this message was edited by Olivier Hague on Tue 24 Jan 10:38]

Red Falcon
5630th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Re(10):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Tue 24 Jan 10:40post reply

quote:

That was only after you pretty much called him "stupid", and he was poking fun at your general attitude about, well... all kinds of things.

Olivier Hague
58th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):Re(10):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Tue 24 Jan 10:43post reply

quote:
That was only after you pretty much called him "stupid"

When was that?

Undead Fred
2626th Post

"Re(10):Re(10):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Tue 24 Jan 10:47post reply

quote:

Elitism! I like it.

At this point, whether you're right or not isn't even an issue. I'm going to stick to my guns out of spite. Samael is in the game and I've fought him and he had Samael written in moon language on his back. Now, if someone else had corrected me instead of screaming some troll bullshit at me, then I'd have went "huh?" and reconsidered. But just for you, I still believe Samael is the final boss of Silent Hill 1.

First of all, I drew that conclusion about the game based on what I saw within the game. I pretty much never read FAQs or other guides in the first place because I like exploring and finding things out for myself. I like surprises in games and movies. I had been given an explanation in the game that they were followers of Samael, and his mark was all over town. And when, at the end, the two halves of Alessa were united and their god was ready to show itself, I naturally assumed that was Samael. And apparently, I wasn't the only one. Now, the only other additional reading I had managed to find at the time was an interview with Akira Yamaoka, where he just talked about the game in general. And again, since I would much rather explore and try to figure out the puzzle on my own, I would rather not read something where the mysteries of Silent Hill are spelled out to the letter. If someone had read it and had said, "actually, Samael didn't really exist... here's what actually happened" instead of "NO U!!!", I'd have accepted the answer.

And I'm done with this discussion. Back to cautious optimism.

Red Falcon
5631th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Re(10):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Tue 24 Jan 10:47post reply

quote:
That was only after you pretty much called him "stupid"
When was that?

Right here?

quote:
Regardless of whatever your intent was, that can easily be interpreted as calling anyone who even thought something like that "stupid".

Olivier Hague
60th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(6):Re(10):Re(10):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Tue 24 Jan 10:50:post reply

quote:
At this point, whether you're right or not isn't even an issue. I'm going to stick to my guns out of spite.

Well, I call that "being stupid".
quote:
I had been given an explanation in the game that they were followers of Samael

You might want to play through the game again, then. Nowhere does it say anything like that.
quote:
Regardless of whatever your intent was

Yeah, who cares about that anyway?

[this message was edited by Olivier Hague on Tue 24 Jan 11:02]

Red Falcon
5633th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Re(10):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Tue 24 Jan 10:54:post reply

quote:
Regardless of whatever your intent was
Yeah, who cares about that anyway?

Bloody Hell, I'm trying to be civil here. Just what is this supposed to mean, anyway? You know what I meant; "Even if you hadn't meant to call Fred SPECIFICALLY stupid, it certainly can be interpreted that way". Seriously, TRY not to start a fight with somebody who is honestly just mind-boggled about how you are seemingly unwilling to be polite to "the uneducated masses" simply by virtue of the fact they might want to try and interpret something for themselves.

Edit: You have also conveniently side-stepped the original issue; Fred was understandably somewhat offended by your tone in your very first post here. If you weren't always so aggressive and unpleasant REGARDLESS of whatever the circumstances are (even when people are just having a nice little chat about something, as in this thread) people probably wouldn't get so annoyed with you.

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Tue 24 Jan 10:58]

sabo10
1309th Post

"Re(5):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Tue 24 Jan 11:34:post reply

To get an idea of what this thread is like, open these three websites at the same time:

here 1

here 2

here 3

edit:

As for the current state of discourse, I don't see what the problem is.
If you will look in the very first post, you will see that Furious Candle Slurping was encouraged in this thread from the outset.

[this message was edited by sabo10 on Tue 24 Jan 11:57]

sabo10
1309th Post

"Re(6):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Tue 24 Jan 12:42post reply

Red: By the way, I guess "candle slurping" refers to "flaming"? I've never heard the term before.
But in truth I avoid a lot of BBSes, only post at a few.

Stabo: It means slurping the melting wax out of a candle...possibly getting a lot of it on your chin and chest, and making a lot of loud slurping noises in the process...possibly with a group of men doing it to the same candle.

Red: Oooookay.

Stabo: Maybe you would accidently touch your neighbors tongue...accidently. But the main aim is to slurp that candle!

Red: I can't say I understand, but... okay, ha ha ha.

Stabo: I just explained it in painful detail. The candle is still lit by the way.

Let me translate:

quote:

Alessa was burned to create pain to feed Samael.
"hey guys, i've got this candle, what do you want to do with it?"

"give it here! shhhhhlrp"

"hey that looks fun let me try to! ssshfffshshf"

Well, an incubus is a demon type, and that's probably what he was called in the boss list or something, but I thought that was actually Samael himself showing up at the end... I could be wrong, though. Anyway, my point was that I didn't just grab that name out of thin air. Dahlia brought him up in Silent Hill 1, and said she was feeding him by torturing Alessa. And that's whose mark she said was tattooed all across the town, too.
"SHHHFFFTTSHSHSHSHSLUUSHSH"

"SHHHHHHHHHHHHLFFFLT! *flicked some wax on freds cheek*"

Yes, in one of her lies. It's just a random demonic name she used to deceive Harry.
"licks the wax off freds cheek"

Stabo: Etc., etc...

Red: Strange way of looking at it. I would envision it more as a parliamentary session.

Stabo: Imagine...how like...a mother...who's 5 year old child just died of brain cancer. She's in the hospital, standing over the corpse of her newly dead child. Right there, you immediately come up to her and hand her a print-out of a transcription of this thread. If she were to try to read it, it would look the same to her as a room full of men, playfully fighting over slurping wax off of a candle.

Red: Candle wax isn't edible.

Stabo: You're starting to understand.

Olivier Hague
60th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(7):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Tue 24 Jan 12:58post reply

quote:
Stabo: Imagine...how like...a mother...who's 5 year old child just died of brain cancer. She's in the hospital, standing over the corpse of her newly dead child. Right there, you immediately come up to her and hand her a print-out of a transcription of this thread. If she were to try to read it, it would look the same to her as a room full of men, playfully fighting over slurping wax off of a candle.

Then again, wouldn't that be true for, say, 95% of the threads you could find on a gaming board (the remaining 5% being kinda out of place on the board)?

Undead Fred
2627th Post

"Re(8):Silent Hill trailer out" , posted Tue 24 Jan 15:26post reply

Did anyone make any posters for the contest? I did one, but I still needed to work out contrast issues and there was that line in the rules about graphic designers or whatever, so I didn't submit it.

POST URS PLS