"It's you know like when you die and you can't quite believe it"
An undead friend.

Replies:

KTallguy
796th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):1990s Nintendo catalog" , posted Wed 18 Jan 17:50post reply

Wow! If you actually read the stuff on the catalogue, it seems like one huge spoof! Probably Something Awful is behind it =)

Proud Supporter of Next Generation GAMEPLAY
"テメエがヤクブソクなんだよ!"

Sensenic
1432th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):1990s Nintendo catalog" , posted Wed 18 Jan 17:54post reply

quote:
Wow! If you actually read the stuff on the catalogue, it seems like one huge spoof! Probably Something Awful is behind it =)

Well, obviously the comments are not from the original... ^_^U And they're the LOL, BTW.
But the products and the catalog, I believe they were/are real, from what people said.

Deidara. I just loved that face. XD

An undead friend.

Fuchikoma
1426th Post

"Re(3):1990s Nintendo catalog" , posted Wed 18 Jan 18:27post reply

quote:

Well, obviously the comments are not from the original... ^_^U And they're the LOL, BTW.
But the products and the catalog, I believe they were/are real, from what people said.

Yeah it's real, I have that catalog somewhere in a box with my Nintendo power collection from when I was a kid. Sadly... I actually had some of that stuff... I had the calender, NES max, NES advantage, Powerglove, and maybe the pillow or some other stuff... what can I say, I liked Nintendo when I was a kid. :D

Time Mage
2299th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):1990s Nintendo catalog" , posted Wed 18 Jan 19:09post reply

Note: Hats do not actually leave comet trails.
Note: Keychains not to scale.
Note: Mario does not have brown eyes.
Note: Products will not actually sold to you.

PRICELESS.

Juke Joint Jezebel
3497th Post

"Re(2):1990s Nintendo catalog" , posted Wed 18 Jan 19:51post reply

oh lawd is dat sum conans

simonbelmont
59th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):1990s Nintendo catalog" , posted Thu 19 Jan 00:51post reply

quote:

Yeah it's real, I have that catalog somewhere in a box with my Nintendo power collection from when I was a kid. Sadly... I actually had some of that stuff... I had the calender, NES max, NES advantage, Powerglove, and maybe the pillow or some other stuff... what can I say, I liked Nintendo when I was a kid. :D

Yeah it's for real alright. I'm pretty sure that catalog was included with an issue of Nintendo Power. I had the Nes max and tried Nintendo cereal once but most of the stuff in the catalog was even too nerdy for me at the time. Hyper color, spandex, and neon were more my style back then. Not to say dressing like an actor from In Living Color was any less nerdy than dressing like a walking advertisement for Nintendo. I can still remember the Nintendo cereal jingle. And even a few old Nintendo power jingles too.

Undead Fred
2609th Post

"Re(2):1990s Nintendo catalog" , posted Thu 19 Jan 05:07post reply

quote:

Biff Tannen shows up to interrupt your big date, so you distract him with the Power Pad. "Later, use the mat for more creative purposes to keep your mother from finding a wet spot on the couch."

Bootation
508th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(3):1990s Nintendo catalog" , posted Thu 19 Jan 07:04post reply

quote:
Biff Tannen shows up to interrupt your big date, so you distract him with the Power Pad. "Later, use the mat for more creative purposes to keep your mother from finding a wet spot on the couch."

Nes wireless controllers were ahead of their time. They should bring those back with current wifi technology. Oh wait the revolution. right

Pretty please check out my neato sweet awesome webpage

Adon
1551th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):1990s Nintendo catalog" , posted Thu 19 Jan 10:16post reply

I still own the Zelda hat from that very catalog

Undead Fred
2610th Post

"Re(4):1990s Nintendo catalog" , posted Thu 19 Jan 15:52post reply

quote:
Nes wireless controllers were ahead of their time. They should bring those back with current wifi technology. Oh wait the revolution. right

Revolution controller screenshot.

crazymike
1201th Post

"Re(5):1990s Nintendo catalog" , posted Thu 19 Jan 16:12post reply

These designs are straight out of my history graphic design course when we learned about new wave style. I also thought it was the ugliest shit too and will never use it in my work.

aderack
215th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(6):1990s Nintendo catalog" , posted Thu 19 Jan 20:18post reply

Yeah, that lunchbox...

Wow, it's been a long time since I've seen that "mario sniffing his own crotch" illustration. It used to be everywhere in the late '80s, and it always confused me a little.

Sensenic
1434th Post

"Re(7):1990s Nintendo catalog" , posted Thu 19 Jan 21:49post reply

quote:

As a matter of fact, how did this Power Glove (the thread icon, BTW) thing work?

If it was just to put your right hand in it, leaving only your left hand for the actual controls (as it seems to me from the pic...), well, that's quite... eh... stupid.

quote:
Wow, it's been a long time since I've seen that "mario sniffing his own crotch" illustration. It used to be everywhere in the late '80s, and it always confused me a little.

>_< Ouch, Why did you make me notice? I was happy living in ignorance.

Deidara. I just loved that face. XD

An undead friend.

Shooo-rook
26th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):1990s Nintendo catalog" , posted Fri 20 Jan 03:30post reply

quote:

http://progressiveboink.com/archive/nintendocat/15.htm

Please do not notice that No Neck McFee and Denim Bandero are using controllers with no cords.

I LOVED the conversation between Mario and Luigi! I heard that butt-sexx level was intense!

amazing... (also i didn't know that all merchandise was offered with nintendo... I'm surprised they didn't have Ninendo branded Sea monkeys, that when under magnifying glass, you can see Nes characters!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/shibito/croppedart2.jpg [Image Attached]

How many dicks does it take to get to the center of a STD?

OmegaDog
1569th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):1990s Nintendo catalog" , posted Fri 20 Jan 21:18:post reply

I... I'm going to have to dig this catalogue out again.

"So... IT'S FLITZ TIME EVERYBODY!" || CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 21

[this message was edited by OmegaDog on Fri 20 Jan 21:20]

Ishmael
2349th Post

"Re(8):1990s Nintendo catalog" , posted Sat 21 Jan 00:24post reply

quote:

As a matter of fact, how did this Power Glove (the thread icon, BTW) thing work?

If it was just to put your right hand in it, leaving only your left hand for the actual controls (as it seems to me from the pic...), well, that's quite... eh... stupid.

Somebody who actually owned a Powerglove may be able to answer this question better than I can but from what I understand the movement of your right hand would correspond to the standard directional pad while you would push the buttons with your left. It always seemed like an awkward and pointlessly difficult way of playing a game especially since there weren't many (any?) games built around the glove. Here's to hoping the Revolution controller doesn't re-create the same questionable experience.

Undead Fred
2615th Post

"Re(9):1990s Nintendo catalog" , posted Sat 21 Jan 05:11post reply

quote:
Somebody who actually owned a Powerglove may be able to answer this question better than I can but from what I understand the movement of your right hand would correspond to the standard directional pad while you would push the buttons with your left. It always seemed like an awkward and pointlessly difficult way of playing a game especially since there weren't many (any?) games built around the glove. Here's to hoping the Revolution controller doesn't re-create the same questionable experience.

I didn't have a Powerglove, but if I remember right, wasn't there exactly ONE game designed for it? It was like, handball in space or something and it came with the glove.

Maou
754th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(10):1990s Nintendo catalog" , posted Sat 21 Jan 06:43post reply

quote:
It was like, handball in space or something and it came with the glove.

Sounds exciting, though coming into the scene too late for the Powerglove, I have higher expectations: I demand a six-worthless-games-in-one cartidge with my Superscope. Well, and there was Yoshi's Safari I think.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...