Soul Calibur 3 Characters - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (10653 Views )

Ishmael
2345th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Soul Calibur 3 Characters" , posted Wed 18 Jan 01:08post reply

Just in case you missed it, the art and bios for the Bonus Characters has been listed.

Replies:

Mokona
346th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):Soul Calibur 3 Characters" , posted Wed 18 Jan 01:51post reply

I can't believe they named a character after French actress Annie Girardot!

Blah!

Arngrim
54th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Soul Calibur 3 Characters" , posted Wed 18 Jan 06:06post reply

It's interesting how characters like Amy have gotten such a popularity beyond the "official" newcomers Setsuka and Tira.

...as much as I love them both (even though their second costumes fail in my opinion).

Also... Night Terror is still left?

-Death!!!... but in this place there is no happiness.-

NARUTO
3351th Post

"Re(2):Soul Calibur 3 Characters" , posted Wed 18 Jan 19:01post reply

quote:
It's interesting how characters like Amy have gotten such a popularity beyond the "official" newcomers Setsuka and Tira.

...as much as I love them both (even though their second costumes fail in my opinion).

Also... Night Terror is still left?

By the way how did you face night terror??
Or better are you forced to face Olcadan to face him?

Tu Fuis Ego eris...Like you I was Like me you'll be...

burning kyo
2388th Post

"Re(3):Soul Calibur 3 Characters" , posted Thu 19 Jan 00:53post reply

quote:

Yes ! lol

Arngrim
57th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Soul Calibur 3 Characters" , posted Thu 19 Jan 06:05post reply

Yes you are forced to fight Olcadan and sometimes even some other character before fighting Night Terror.

I find it amusing because that you are forced to choose an specific path in the story with each character in order to fight him and you can not lose a round because in that case the normal story resumes, you know, it's kind of weird losing to the match before facing Night Terror when you are finally at the bottom of a labyrinth, and then instantantly realise something and get out of it just to fight the normal sub-bosses/boss ^^U

Absurd story justifications FTW!!

-Death!!!... but in this place there is no happiness.-

NARUTO
3354th Post

"Re(4):Soul Calibur 3 Characters" , posted Thu 19 Jan 19:30post reply

quote:

Yes ! lol

How stupid... Especialy when Olcadan turn magicaly a god-tier characters who can beat you with a perfect even on easy... Namco's SC team is still as stupid as ever...

For SC4 prepare yourself to beat the game with not continue, no round lose, with all the cast 5 times to unlock the 1 hidden characters....

Can't they use the easy Tekken system??

Tu Fuis Ego eris...Like you I was Like me you'll be...

Maese Spt
135th Post

Regular Customer

"Amy is hawt" , posted Fri 20 Jan 18:20post reply

quote:

Shurayukihime spinoffs and angsty gipsy weirdos are OK, but Amy is a french (and somewhat slutty) gothic lolita, and thus, FTW really hard. On top of that, the girl had a (minor) role in Soul Calibur 2, so she has pedigree as well. I think se has enough reasons to be wildly popular.

quote:

For SC4 prepare yourself to beat the game with not continue, no round lose, with all the cast 5 times to unlock the 1 hidden characters....

I keep hearing such comments every now and then... You know, I haven´t had the chance to play SC3 as thoroughly as it deserves yet, but is it really SO difficult? The AI on previous installations seemed pretty dull, even to a clumsy player such as me...

"At his coming the gods themselves are put to flight and the Buddhas vanish"

Ammadeau
1482th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Amy is hawt" , posted Sat 21 Jan 00:00post reply

quote:
I keep hearing such comments every now and then... You know, I haven´t had the chance to play SC3 as thoroughly as it deserves yet, but is it really SO difficult? The AI on previous installations seemed pretty dull, even to a clumsy player such as me...

No. Nearly got to Night Terror on my first pass through story mode. I chose the wrong path, which is lame, but I still unlocked three characters and other stuff in that run. I'd say the difficulty depends on what character you use and how good you are with them. With Klik I own just about anything, but I get beaten around if I chose Tira.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.

HARO
33th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):Amy is hawt" , posted Sat 21 Jan 02:05:post reply

quote:

The AI isn't difficult, it's shit. It's not varied enough to simulate playing a human being. A lot of the times it just sits and waits for you to throw out an attack so that it can GI it. Or beat out slower attacks with faster ones only after you're pressed the button.

It's almost totally reactive at higher levels. There's no "challenge", it basically lets you win if you do.

[this message was edited by HARO on Sat 21 Jan 02:08]

KTallguy
800th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Amy is hawt" , posted Sat 21 Jan 03:34post reply

I think Amy's design is all right. .. but some of those other characters....even the Battle Raper II designs beat some of them.

Proud Supporter of Next Generation GAMEPLAY
"テメエがヤクブソクなんだよ!"

Pollyanna
1606th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):Amy is hawt" , posted Sat 21 Jan 03:58post reply

quote:
I think Amy's design is all right. .. but some of those other characters....even the Battle Raper II designs beat some of them.

The art makes the designs look better. They look cheap in the game. They actually look like real characters, not just...thrown-together elements.

Hahaha...but Battle Raper 2 had great designs! They were just...erm..."busy". I think that's the word.

KTallguy
801th Post

"Re(4):Amy is hawt" , posted Sat 21 Jan 05:13post reply

Busy ... the girls were 'busy' all right...

(wow I'm so funny)

Proud Supporter of Next Generation GAMEPLAY
"テメエがヤクブソクなんだよ!"

Maou
752th Post

"Re(2):Amy is hawt" , posted Sat 21 Jan 06:30post reply

Yeah, the bottom line is that the US AI is lame (and I remember its story mode being harder), but then, I don't expect fighting games to be very fun one-player, the whole point is that you're reacting to the psychology if your opponent. Even if it were to react to your style of play with really "good" AI, it couldn't remember your tactics or style over any length of time, anyway. Funny thing is, I think Namco forgot a lot people play fighting games to fight real people, explaining the missing Fight Records (agh) but the preponderance of stupid single player options. Oh well, Olcadan makes me smile.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Grahf
422th Post

Gold Customer

"Money?" , posted Sat 21 Jan 06:50post reply

quote:

Yeah, all the characters from Chronicles of the Sword mode are pretty crappy. It's fairly obvious they were put together with the character creator. Luckily they fit right in with the whole slapped together feel of Chronicles mode. I do like the shopkeeper designs, though.

OT: What is a good strategy for building up money in the game? I've just gotten to the point where it's kind of tedious to earn enough money to buy the rest of the weapons and such. I really wish you earned money for playing VS mode. Another sign of Namco punishing those of us with friends to play against.

Bata kun
2755th Post

"Re(1):Money?" , posted Sat 21 Jan 07:02post reply

quote:
OT: What is a good strategy for building up money in the game? I've just gotten to the point where it's kind of tedious to earn enough money to buy the rest of the weapons and such. I really wish you earned money for playing VS mode. Another sign of Namco punishing those of us with friends to play against.

For every minute or so, I get 70,000 gold pieces on the hard Beloved game. Heh heh heh.

Maou
755th Post

"Re(1):Money?" , posted Sat 21 Jan 11:23post reply

quote:
$$$$

I remember hearing that there was a money glitch in the US version so you could spend all your money, save, reset, and it'd be back, try those gamefaqs guys.

Gojira
1922th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):Money?" , posted Sat 21 Jan 18:05post reply

quote:
$$$$
I remember hearing that there was a money glitch in the US version so you could spend all your money, save, reset, and it'd be back, try those gamefaqs guys.

Yeah and it's easy as hell to do. It goes like this: enter shop, buy as much crap as you can afford, soft reset, enter chronicles, start a new campaign, die, and exit. After that the money you had before you went to the shop is all back. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

SC3 is full of boneheaded glitches like this.

Saiki
208th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):Money?" , posted Sun 22 Jan 00:01post reply

quote:

Goto fighting Night Terror on hard in Soul Arena. Use the Atropos weapon and set circle, triangle and start on turbo. Walk away.
You'll have lots of gold in a few hours

Ammadeau
1483th Post

"Re(3):Money?" , posted Sun 22 Jan 16:49post reply

quote:

My save file just got corrupted with 90% completion and Chonicles game on the second to last mission. This game sucks.

Maou
758th Post

"Re(4):Money?" , posted Sun 22 Jan 17:06:post reply

quote:

My save file just got corrupted with 90% completion and Chonicles game on the second to last mission. This game sucks.

AGH! I'm glad Namco used the extra month and fixed this for the Japanese version.... .... ....wait, they didn't.
Then again, if you've actually played Chronicles that much, I guess you're a glutton for punishment anyway? Maybe that's their logic with autosave corruption. "Play a while, play forever!"

[this message was edited by Maou on Sun 22 Jan 17:07]

Olivier Hague
50th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):Money?" , posted Sun 22 Jan 20:59post reply

quote:
I'm glad Namco used the extra month and fixed this for the Japanese version.... .... ....wait, they didn't.

They did... a couple of weeks after the release.
quote:
autosave corruption.

It's not caused by the autosave function.

YeldellGW
500th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):Soul Calibur 3 Characters" , posted Sun 22 Jan 23:50post reply

quote:

Can't they use the easy Tekken system??

That'd make too much sense.

Making things absurdly hard's usually easier given Namco's track record.

I've actually gone back to playing Tekken 4 recently just because the game's more fun than getting owned by the AI in Tekken 5 damn near every time.

As I've said before, dumbing down the amount for the crap you have to purchase would be nice.

Still haven't gotten every thing in Tekken 5, SC 2 or SC 3; and by the looks of the things, I doubt I ever will...

Amakusa
663th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(6):Soul Calibur 3 Characters" , posted Wed 1 Feb 14:10post reply

quote:

As I've said before, dumbing down the amount for the crap you have to purchase would be nice.

Still haven't gotten every thing in Tekken 5, SC 2 or SC 3; and by the looks of the things, I doubt I ever will...

I used the Chronicles money glitch to buy everything, it's so dirt easy to do and entirely defeats the entire overpriced shop schtick.

Otherwise, I unlocked nearly everything by playing a crapload of battles. I got my sister interested in the game, too, which helps in that regard because she loves making Shadow Hearts and Tales of Symphonia characters with it (in fact shes used up ALL of my slots, damn it... even though I forced her to keep Nicholai because I like kicking her ass with him). Only thing left for me now is to finish the Chronicles of the Sword to unlock the rest of the parts.

Yes, my sister plays Soul Calibur. Is that a little too hard to imagine?

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Grahf
426th Post

Gold Customer

"Custom Characters" , posted Wed 1 Feb 16:21post reply

quote:
Shadow Hearts and Tales of Symphonia characters

I really enjoy the custom character feature. Especially after having bought all the armor pieces. What are other creations has everyone come up with? So far I've got a female monk decked out in armor, a Japanese zombie assassin, an extremely gay samurai, Hitler as a dancer, and (of course) Mok-Kos.

Spoon
1280th Post

"Re(1):Custom Characters" , posted Wed 1 Feb 18:00post reply

quote:
Shadow Hearts and Tales of Symphonia characters
I really enjoy the custom character feature. Especially after having bought all the armor pieces. What are other creations has everyone come up with? So far I've got a female monk decked out in armor, a Japanese zombie assassin, an extremely gay samurai, Hitler as a dancer, and (of course) Mok-Kos.

The randomly generated male dancer outfits are too awful and hilarious to be described in words. It's worth playing the game a good few times just for those laughs.

Maese Spt
146th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Custom Characters" , posted Wed 1 Feb 21:05post reply

quote:
So far I've got a female monk decked out in armor, a Japanese zombie assassin, an extremely gay samurai, Hitler as a dancer, and (of course) Mok-Kos.

I have yet to see if the character generator is capable of assembling something you could recognize as Lu Bu... Then I would be completely and utterly sold.

Grahf
430th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Custom Characters" , posted Tue 7 Feb 18:30post reply

THE KING OF ALL COSMOS! He's a lot of fun to make with the character editor. It takes a little creativity, but I have an ensemble that get's the job done pretty well I think. I'm using the bamboo shade to imitate his wide head. Unfortunately, you can't have a cape at the same time as the clown collar, but the magician's coat works pretty well as a substitute. It's even two-tone, so you can make the inside and outside the right colors. But the undershirt, leggings, and barbarian's belt work really well with the right colors along with grey skin and a nobleman's mustache. The only drawback is you can sometimes see the belt poke through the coat, and none of the faces look quite right without being able to change the nose's color. Let me know if anyone comes up with some other good ideas for him.

In other news, I tried to make Fuu from Samurai Champloo, but for the most part she comes out looking like a pretty typical geisha.

Maese Spt
159th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Custom Characters" , posted Tue 7 Feb 21:15post reply

I finally made up my mind and bought a copy of Soul Calibur III yesterday, if only for detoxifying myself a little bit after work. So I´m just testing its various possibilities and options right now, and the character edition mode seems fun to say the least.

But I wonder, in wich modes can you play with your creations (aside from VS battle, of course)? That would determine the amount of time I´d spend creating weirdos.

Ishmael
2377th Post

"Re(5):Custom Characters" , posted Wed 8 Feb 02:09post reply

quote:

An obvious knock-off of Sonny Chiba as Jubei, a ninja girl who wears this cute little beret and someone who looks like Setzer's kid sister were some of the created characters I'm happy with. None of them are really anything that spectacular but because I'm the one created them I have a great deal of fondness for them.

quote:

But I wonder, in wich modes can you play with your creations (aside from VS battle, of course)? That would determine the amount of time I´d spend creating weirdos.

I'm pretty sure you can play your CAW's in everything except Tales of Souls mode. While it's annoying that you can't directly transfer your home-made characters into Chronicles of the Sword mode once you have the formula down it only takes a moment to re-create them.

Maese Spt
163th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Custom Characters" , posted Wed 8 Feb 19:28post reply

quote:

I'm pretty sure you can play your CAW's in everything except Tales of Souls mode.

Great news for me!

I´ve only messed up a little with the character creation mode yet, though. So far, I´ve dared to fulfill the supreme blasphemy, i.e., to make a platine-blonde Taki, just out for curiosity... But she looked so horrible that I had to delete her immediately. Speaking of blasphemies, maybe I´ll make a lemon green-haired Sophitia next time, if I feel heretic enough.

I have to save up enough money for accesories and stuff yet before starting with my own characters. But I´m afraid they´d be abominable creations...

Ammadeau
1487th Post

"Re(7):Custom Characters" , posted Wed 8 Feb 19:56post reply

You also can't use them in tournament mode, and tutorial practice.

Something left to chance, if you have the game randomly generate custom characters, sometimes it'll use parts you don't have, and in doing so unlock those parts for you. It's much easier though to earn them by making your way through Chronicles. And the best way to make through that is to create a lance user. They own the AI for free.

ZamIAm
1553th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(7):Soul Calibur 3 Characters" , posted Tue 28 Feb 15:06post reply

quote:
Yes, my sister plays Soul Calibur. Is that a little too hard to imagine?

Actually, my sister throughly enjoyed using Talim in SC2 a few years ago before the local arcade closed.

B.E.T. doesn't care about black people...

Maese Spt
174th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Custom Characters" , posted Tue 28 Feb 20:12post reply

quote:
I really enjoy the custom character feature. Especially after having bought all the armor pieces. What are other creations has everyone come up with?

Hooray, the Soul Calibur 3 thread is back in its tracks once again!!

I've yet to try a lot of things and game modes, but I've created a fem,ale version of Zhuge Liang, much to my delight. The accesory known as "kongming hood" seemed to be only for gilrs, so I went ahead and creeated the lovely Miss Sleeping Dragon: Kongming-tan. It's fun as hell to play as a sage... it has a priceless wuxia feeling, almost like you were Jet Li himself jumping and kicking on Return of Iron Rooster vs Crimson Centipede , or something like that. My favourite character class so far.