Most Recent Okami Thread - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1448 Views )

Ishmael
2344th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Most Recent Okami Thread" , posted Mon 16 Jan 05:36post reply

Disscussion about the latest demo up at IGN. Draw things, make flowers sprout out of your feet and more. Has anyone had a chance to try out this preview of the game?

Replies:

Maou
746th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Most Recent Okami Thread" , posted Mon 16 Jan 06:30post reply

quote:
make flowers sprout out of your feet and more.
Man, all the fun of the sixties with less (?) cost than LSD. Looks super-creative (the Ookami website makes me excited, at least), and if it's as interesting as it sounds, it'll be at least the third PS2 game after Katamari and Colossus that really did something amazingly new and worked as art at the same time. I hope I'm not disappointed, so I'd definitely like to hear demo-players' feedback, too.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

Pollyanna
1602th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):Most Recent Okami Thread" , posted Mon 16 Jan 11:51post reply

I played an earlier demo of the game and found it to be quite boring. It was very "talky", the "fights" were simplistic, infrequent, too easy and unexciting and there was way too much "running around."

Now, let me say the same thing in a different way.

The game has tons and tons of dialogue from its cast of colorful characters. The fight system is intuitive easy to get into. The focus is not on action, however, but on the rich, huge environments with clever puzzles and little surprises to be found in every corner.

So, my point is, the game struck me as something very interesting and potentially appealing...just not to me. Which is odd, because early trailers (which made it look like an action game) got me really excited. However, I can't fault them for turning what seemed to be a generic action game (with good visuals) into a totally new experience.

Ammadeau
1480th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):Most Recent Okami Thread" , posted Mon 16 Jan 13:19post reply

Played it at E3 and agree with Polly. While visually interesting, there wasn't anything to the gameplay to grab hold of my short attention span, but it sounds like they've changed things up since then so who knows.

Ammadeau.net - My own personal waste of time.