Original message (1908 Views )

makondo99
304th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Bronze Customer

"Eva Help" , posted Sun 15 Jan 21:19post reply

Can anyone identify the source of
this picture
and if it is an angel the thing the Eva is fighting, please?

Replies:

shindekudasai
100th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Eva Help" , posted Sun 15 Jan 22:35post reply

Don't remember the name of it, but it's the result of an "angel design" contest held by Gainax some time back (around the time of the Saturn Eva games release). There was a thread about it somewhere on the evamonkey.com forums, I'll try to dig up its name.

Wither Blister Burn + Peel

makondo99
305th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Eva Help" , posted Mon 16 Jan 01:31post reply

Thanks, any webpage with some kind of information about this contest or picture would be very much appreciated

Olivier Hague
48th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):Eva Help" , posted Mon 16 Jan 11:30post reply

That was in Animage, years ago. A guy whose penname was "Diemay" won.

Maou
747th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):Eva Help" , posted Mon 16 Jan 12:25post reply

Hey Makondo, how do you feel about Gankutsuou? After looking at the images in your profile, the character designs definitely caught my eye...

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

makondo99
306th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):Eva Help" , posted Tue 17 Jan 05:42post reply

Thanks for the input, I should be able to find more info googling with the data you've given me so far.

quote:
Hey Makondo, how do you feel about Gankutsuou? After looking at the images in your profile, the character designs definitely caught my eye...

Well, just recently I was able to watch it, and I was amazed by the use of textures and setting that this series has (things that make most of my friends avoit it since they get seizures by the explosion of colours that it has, ha ha ha)
Also, it was one of those rare works that created a need on me to go out and pick up the book it was based on, NOT to compare them but to get a feeling of "wholeness" (hope this makes sense in English) What about you?

Maou
748th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(5):Eva Help" , posted Tue 17 Jan 06:56post reply

Ah, I've not seen it myself...The little art I've seen from your profile and on the internet make me really intrigued, though, and I'm all about epilepsy-inducing color-textures! I'll definitely have to give it a watch, then. By the novel I guess you mean the real "Count of Monte Cristo," which is apparently amazing (I have a friend who's sworn by it for years), so reading that original that should be a fun "completing" experience. Sort of like when I read a bit a French Lupin book that was lying around the house...

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

makondo99
307th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(6):Eva Help" , posted Tue 17 Jan 07:41post reply

quote:
...By the novel I guess you mean the real "Count of Monte Cristo," which is apparently amazing (I have a friend who's sworn by it for years), so reading that original that should be a fun "completing" experience...

Yep. I meant that. Actually I read the book many, many years ago and I've seen many of the movies based on it. Unfortunately, my brain has mixed both, so sometimes I cannot tell what's from the book or the films! (like the (blood?) relationship between the Count and Albert) What I *really* remember is the scape from that hellish prison, I was looking forward to watch that part animated and see certain character, but the anime changes that to something... supernatural (not that this is a bad thing)
I'm scouring now an unabridged version of the novel in English (I need to practice my English) but unfortunately is *really* difficult to get books in English where I live (and also books are quite expensive in general- Toxico can confirm this) but maybe I'll be lucky enough to get a version soon.

PS: The things about colours is not "pokemon-like" at all, but it is certain that many people find it unsettling.

DarkZero
1264th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(7):Eva Help" , posted Tue 17 Jan 17:11post reply

Two examples of Gankutsuou.

Shooo-rook
36th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(7):Eva Help" , posted Tue 31 Jan 12:21post reply

quote:
...By the novel I guess you mean the real "Count of Monte Cristo," which is apparently amazing (I have a friend who's sworn by it for years), so reading that original that should be a fun "completing" experience...

Yep. I meant that. Actually I read the book many, many years ago and I've seen many of the movies based on it. Unfortunately, my brain has mixed both, so sometimes I cannot tell what's from the book or the films! (like the (blood?) relationship between the Count and Albert) What I *really* remember is the scape from that hellish prison, I was looking forward to watch that part animated and see certain character, but the anime changes that to something... supernatural (not that this is a bad thing)
I'm scouring now an unabridged version of the novel in English (I need to practice my English) but unfortunately is *really* difficult to get books in English where I live (and also books are quite expensive in general- Toxico can confirm this) but maybe I'll be lucky enough to get a version soon.

PS: The things about colours is not "pokemon-like" at all, but it is certain that many people find it unsettling.

In the US there was this horrible horrible remake of the novel on film a couple years back. It destroyed the original plot, and i don't even know why it was called count of monte christo... Complete and utter crap

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/shibito/croppedart2.jpg [Image Attached]

How many dicks does it take to get to the center of a STD?