New Spider-Man costume. - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2779 Views )

GekigangerV
1202th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"New Spider-Man costume." , posted Sat 14 Jan 07:59:post reply

http://www.newsarama.com/JoeFridays/JoeFridays33.html

its down near the lower quarter of the page.

I think it is okay and can deal with it because I know Marvel will eventually put him back in his old costume after a year or so tops.

I just don't think its original. It has a spider design similar to that of the Scarlet Spider mixed with the color scheme of Jessica Drew Spider-Woman.

[this message was edited by GekigangerV on Sat 14 Jan 08:04]

Replies:

Undead Fred
2606th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):New Spider-Man costume." , posted Sat 14 Jan 18:48post reply

quote:

I always love these costume changes of classic heroes. "Hmm. Sales are down. Let's put a jetpack on Batman and make him shiny with bladey fingers!" The fanbase just looks at them with a blank "WTF?" look and they eventually change back to the Coca-Cola Classic design.

I really like the Marvel Zombies idea, though. I may have to try and hunt one of those down.

HAYATO
569th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):New Spider-Man costume." , posted Sun 15 Jan 02:03post reply

quote:

WOW, I never thought Spiderman could look even worse than his usual self!! Marvel rocked my world again...

kofoguz
269th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):New Spider-Man costume." , posted Sun 15 Jan 06:30post reply

quote:

At first I couldnt find the picture but checked again it was the one which was very very but so very awfully Ironman-ised costume. I saw it and I thought it wasa Ironman. It sucks.

BTW did I say it looks like Ironman?

Gai VS Urien

Krzyzewski Man
1145th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(4):New Spider-Man costume." , posted Sun 15 Jan 12:54post reply

Well, it is apparently made by Tony Stark.

If life gives you AIDS make lemon-AIDS!
-Sarah Silverman

Hungrywolf
3112th Post

"Re(5):New Spider-Man costume." , posted Sun 15 Jan 15:27post reply

quote:

Yes, it is. In the most recent part of The Other when Peter returned when they thought he was dead Tony mentioned that he had some ideas for a new costume for Spidey. Based on the recent interview about it, I think the costume will be used as a plot device to cause friction between Peter and Tony and will probably lead to Spidey not being an Avenger anymore by the time Civil War is over.

He'll definately go back to his original costume, and it'll be before Spider-man 3 hits theatres. He may not have the new costume long at all.

Regardless of this sounding like rationalization, I don't like this costume. But I do think it doesn't bother me as much if it is just for the plot and isn't intended as a permanent replacement (I don't think it is).

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
I'm more interested in what new powers Spider-man might have now that he has "hatched".

End of Spoiler

Mario Kart DS Friend Code:

Dr baghead
3552th Post

"Re(5):New Spider-Man costume." , posted Sun 15 Jan 15:37post reply

quote:

I like 'Spider-Hulk' better then this 'Iron-Spider'

Blanka and Dan make for a most excellent tag image (yeah still not funny)

Count Hihihi
37th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(6):New Spider-Man costume." , posted Sun 15 Jan 22:35post reply

quote:

Yes, it is. In the most recent part of The Other when Peter returned when they thought he was dead Tony mentioned that he had some ideas for a new costume for Spidey. Based on the recent interview about it, I think the costume will be used as a plot device to cause friction between Peter and Tony and will probably lead to Spidey not being an Avenger anymore by the time Civil War is over.

He'll definately go back to his original costume, and it'll be before Spider-man 3 hits theatres. He may not have the new costume long at all.

Regardless of this sounding like rationalization, I don't like this costume. But I do think it doesn't bother me as much if it is just for the plot and isn't intended as a permanent replacement (I don't think it is).

My guess is that he'll keep the costume and paints it black and white..

Ishmael
2342th Post

"Re(7):New Spider-Man costume." , posted Mon 16 Jan 05:24post reply

Now that's a silly, temporary costume if I ever saw one. Still, it's better than that Spider-Man outfit that consisted of a sleeveless hoodie and pockets on his ankles. The time Superman pranced around in an electric blue suit that seemed designed to highlight his crotch was another favorite of mine when it comes to dubious comic-book wardrobe changes.

Undead Fred
2607th Post

"Re(8):New Spider-Man costume." , posted Mon 16 Jan 20:22post reply

quote:
Now that's a silly, temporary costume if I ever saw one. Still, it's better than that Spider-Man outfit that consisted of a sleeveless hoodie and pockets on his ankles. The time Superman pranced around in an electric blue suit that seemed designed to highlight his crotch was another favorite of mine when it comes to dubious comic-book wardrobe changes.

The Spider-Man India one was pretty hilarious to me, which was basically the regular Spider-Man costume, but with billowy pants and curly shoes on top of it.