http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=5967

thanks WS for the link.

rather nice!

Joe Randel
468th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Rockman Sex" , posted Fri 13 Jan 03:24post reply

Mmmmm... I so need to get me a DS. I just love this art style. I think I'll run over and check this guys site. I haven't been there in a while.

"I can't take any more illicit drugs... I can't afford any artificial joy" - Pursuit of Happiness

Rid
6974th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Rockman Sex" , posted Fri 13 Jan 03:41post reply

I would say "Rockman with boobies!" but it's this artist so...

deisied
371th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):Rockman Sex" , posted Fri 13 Jan 06:34post reply

Whoa. Thanks for the link.

But damn...I feel so conflicted. My chest hurts.

exodus
3215th Post

"Re(4):Rockman Sex" , posted Fri 13 Jan 06:37post reply

quote:

But damn...I feel so conflicted.

?

Abster
257th Post

Copper Customer

"Official site opened" , posted Fri 13 Jan 12:12post reply

http://www.capcom.co.jp/rockman_zx/

Make of it what you will.

For those who want blood in SS Tenka use this template.

Burning Ranger
1357th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Official site opened" , posted Fri 13 Jan 13:11post reply

quote:

Make of it what you will.

I was never a fan of this kind of art style. It deviated too much from the Rockman norm. But then, I probably shouldn't be complaining about the art.

I don't know...the concept doesn't seem very Rockman-esque. "Liquid Metal" clothes that give these 'kids' special powers? Maybe if these 'kids' where cybernetically altered (ala Six Million Dollar Man) with arm cannons and whatnot... then maybe.

Damn it, Capcom...bring back the original series!

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

...and for Guilty Gear X2 # Reload!

deisied
372th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(5):Rockman Sex" , posted Fri 13 Jan 13:21post reply

quote:

But damn...I feel so conflicted.

?

It's like Megaman Zero except filtered through Saturday morning Fox Kids cartoon rules. I don't know what to think this game's supposed to be.

I don't generally try to make things out to be more than what they are. As much as I love the series, MM is pretty shallow in the end. But there's still always a level of cheapening you can dive to that's lower than the one you're at. I suppose this might not be any more silly than EXE is, though.

Anyway, I love Zero's art, and if this is any kind of spiritual successor to that series in a way besides the art, I'm pretty interested. But at the moment, middle school kids transforming into X with a V WATCH or something doesn't sit that well for me.

Spoon
1261th Post

"Re(6):Rockman Sex" , posted Fri 13 Jan 13:38post reply

quote:

school kids transforming into X with a V WATCH or something doesn't sit that well for me.

HENSHIN A GO GO, BABY!

Rid
6975th Post

"Re(7):Rockman Sex" , posted Fri 13 Jan 23:38post reply

quote:
HENSHIN A GO GO, BABY!
Indeed, I was expecting Rockman EXE to evolve into henshin at some point, I think it fits the Rockman theme quite well.

deisied
373th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(8):Rockman Sex" , posted Sat 14 Jan 01:35post reply

quote:
HENSHIN A GO GO, BABY! Indeed, I was expecting Rockman EXE to evolve into henshin at some point, I think it fits the Rockman theme quite well.

Well. I think it fits the Rockman EXE theme, but not necessarily Rockman in general. Either way, I wouldn't mind that for EXE, but unless livemetal implies some kind of really dynamic assimilation/henshin gameplay then I'd rather not.

Burning Ranger
1359th Post

"On a slightly different note..." , posted Sun 15 Jan 02:13post reply

http://www3.capcom.co.jp/psp_x/

I'm interested in this game a little more now--I just saw some beautifully rendered Anime cutscenes of Irregular Hunter X... with dialogue and *plot*. It looks good. Though I'm still apprehensive

deisied
374th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):On a slightly different note..." , posted Sun 15 Jan 20:10post reply

quote:
http://www3.capcom.co.jp/psp_x/

I'm interested in this game a little more now--I just saw some beautifully rendered Anime cutscenes of Irregular Hunter X... with dialogue and *plot*. It looks good. Though I'm still apprehensive

Well. Pretty much all that dialogue and plot is actually part of an OVA you unlock after completing the game. I've seen it, it's okay. They really screw with some continuity regarding a few things though, unless they really want to stretch a couple things. Most significantly though, they seemed to have killed Dr. Cain. The Dr. Cain relevant to X1-4, before he even gets to do anything regarding X1. Pretty damn broken. There's a chance maybe that scene was...dramatic effect...somehow. But I don't really see how missiles being dropped on his head doesn't equal death.

Anyway, IRX disappoints me a little. It's not a very inspired revision of the original game, which is still just about my favorite in the series - nostalgia or not. Still it looks decent, and playing as Vile is quite badass.

GPA
21th Post

New Customer

"Website up" , posted Mon 16 Jan 04:55post reply

ZX series website up on Capcom's website.

Burning Ranger
1361th Post

"Back to *real* Rockman stuff..." , posted Wed 18 Jan 12:43post reply

Has anyone picked up Megaman X collection on the PS2 and GC? I want to get it, but right now the $30 price tag is ick...

Also, Maverick Hunter X gets a US release at the end of the month... I wasn't expecting that!

Maou
751th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):On a slightly different note..." , posted Wed 18 Jan 12:59:post reply

quote:
But I don't really see how missiles being dropped on his head doesn't equal death.

Hawhaw, though I bet he'll be fine, this being Rockman. Wily, Sigma, Vava/Vile, Zero, and also...everyone else in Rockman have never had any problem exploding then coming back to life. It would be a pretty dramatic franchise if you didn't realize that no one important ever dies. If you ignore Rockman X2 and X3, X1 is godly, what with Vava and Zero both dying, it's downright dramatic. At least in Dracula's story, you know it's only the count whose dramatic death will be negated for uncreative plot reasons.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...

[this message was edited by Maou on Wed 18 Jan 12:59]

Black_Hayato
155th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Back to *real* Rockman stuff..." , posted Thu 19 Jan 13:42post reply

quote:
Has anyone picked up Megaman X collection on the PS2 and GC? I want to get it, but right now the $30 price tag is ick...

Also, Maverick Hunter X gets a US release at the end of the month... I wasn't expecting that!

Don't bother with the X collection. Its not the product that was promised anyway and falls way short of its goals. According to Capcom USA; its actually Capcom JPs fault for once.

From the MM Network

deisied
380th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):Back to *real* Rockman stuff..." , posted Thu 19 Jan 15:01post reply

Well...unless of course, you don't OWN all of the X games. Then it's a perfectly decent buy.

But yeah, that was unfortunate.

vava
61th Post

Occasional Customer

"More bullshit from Megaman Network!!??" , posted Fri 20 Jan 11:19:post reply

"He also took the time to show me the "SNES 2006". Basically, it is the entire SNES crammed into a single chip that will be used in the Revolution"

Excuse me?

[this message was edited by vava on Fri 20 Jan 13:21]

Cain Highwind
645th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):More bullshit from Megaman Network!!??" , posted Fri 20 Jan 13:33post reply

quote:
He also took the time to show me the "SNES 2006". Basically, it is the entire SNES crammed into a single chip that will be used in the Revolution

Excuse me?

I'm guessing, when I read that, I thought (assuming this is true) that this chip IS the SNES in it's entirety indicating that Revolution is NOT an Emulator like Gametap but uses the actual system hardware itself. So there's no weird glitches or weird incompatibility.

YeldellGW
499th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):Rockman Sex" , posted Sun 22 Jan 23:40post reply

quote:

As much as I love the series, MM is pretty shallow in the end. But there's still always a level of cheapening you can dive to that's lower than the one you're at. I suppose this might not be any more silly than EXE is, though.

Shallow as it may be, I still found Rockman as a whole more enjoyable than Capcom's more overblown fighting game franchise that I won't bother to mention the name of.