Fuchikoma
1419th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"new Mistwalker vids" , posted Sun 18 Dec 03:55post reply

Blue Dragon hidden Cam

Blue Dragon TV ad

Lost Odyssey hidden Cam

Looks like major system sellers... I'm convinced.

Replies:

deisied
366th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):new Mistwalker vids" , posted Mon 19 Dec 07:50post reply

I was starting to get the feeling recently that maybe Blue Dragon could be a Chrono Trigger for this age.

But...nah...I dunno.

Anyway, those were indeed nice videos. Too bad that Lost Odyssey vid isn't real time.

Fuchikoma
1420th Post

"Re(2):new Mistwalker vids" , posted Mon 19 Dec 14:29post reply

Maybe... I kind of got a Chrono Trigger vibe from the Blue Dragon video, but it was mostly from the Uematsu soundtrack. There was definitely something there that felt like the old Square... before they became Squareenixgameartsquesttaito.

quote:
I was starting to get the feeling recently that maybe Blue Dragon could be a Chrono Trigger for this age.

But...nah...I dunno.

Anyway, those were indeed nice videos. Too bad that Lost Odyssey vid isn't real time.

Pollyanna
1561th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):new Mistwalker vids" , posted Mon 19 Dec 14:58post reply

quote:
Maybe... I kind of got a Chrono Trigger vibe from the Blue Dragon video, but it was mostly from the Uematsu soundtrack.

I'm confused. Uematsu didn't do the CT soundtrack. Did I misunderstand you?

Also, do we know that the Lost Odyssey stuff isn't realtime? At any rate, it doesn't show the GAME, which is irritating me. I have no idea whatsoever what the game is like. Isn't it supposed to be out quite a bit before Blue Dragon?

Fuchikoma
1421th Post

"Re(4):new Mistwalker vids" , posted Mon 19 Dec 16:12post reply

quote:
Maybe... I kind of got a Chrono Trigger vibe from the Blue Dragon video, but it was mostly from the Uematsu soundtrack.

Also, do we know that the Lost Odyssey stuff isn't realtime? At any rate, it doesn't show the GAME, which is irritating me. I have no idea whatsoever what the game is like. Isn't it supposed to be out quite a bit before Blue Dragon?

Uematsu was one of the three composers who worked on CT... but yeah I guess it's not really as memorable as his Final Fantasy work. I really like the Blue Dragon music though...

crazymike
1198th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(5):new Mistwalker vids" , posted Mon 19 Dec 16:28post reply

Developers, developers, developers!

IkariDC
469th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):new Mistwalker vids" , posted Tue 20 Dec 02:19post reply

quote:

Uematsu was one of the three composers who worked on CT... but yeah I guess it's not really as memorable as his Final Fantasy work. I really like the Blue Dragon music though...

That's right, Chrono Trigger's soundtrack was composed by Yasunori Mitsuda, but Nobuo Uematsu and Noriko Matsueda contributed some tracks.

You can't compare it to the music from Final Fantasy because Nobuo Uematsu wasn't the main composer. I love the game and I love the soundtrack, Mitsuda has composed other wonderful soundtracks too, but this one is my favourite.

Cain Highwind
642th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):new Mistwalker vids" , posted Tue 20 Dec 05:09post reply

quote:
Maybe... I kind of got a Chrono Trigger vibe from the Blue Dragon video, but it was mostly from the Uematsu soundtrack. There was definitely something there that felt like the old Square... before they became Squareenixgameartsquesttaito.

But...nah...I dunno.

I agree, the sole reason I'm excited for Mistwalker games is simply because of the "older generation" of Square working on it.

I don't know yet about Lost Odyssey, but Blue Dragon looks nice, though it's weird seeing Toriyama's design in Plasticy 3D form, I would've preferred a Manga-ish look akin to DQVIII.

Moriya
49th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(6):new Mistwalker vids" , posted Tue 20 Dec 14:04post reply

quote:
That's right, Chrono Trigger's soundtrack was composed by Yasunori Mitsuda, but Nobuo Uematsu and Noriko Matsueda contributed some tracks.

You can't compare it to the music from Final Fantasy because Nobuo Uematsu wasn't the main composer. I love the game and I love the soundtrack, Mitsuda has composed other wonderful soundtracks too, but this one is my favourite.

I think I've heard once that Uematsu only did one song for the CT soundtrack, and it was the Tyran Castle song (which just happens to be my favorite song in CT, coincidence or not). I'm not totally sure about that info, though.

κατά τον δαίμονα εαυτού.

Sensenic
1415th Post

"Re(7):new Mistwalker vids" , posted Wed 21 Dec 20:40post reply

quote:

I think I've heard once that Uematsu only did one song for the CT soundtrack, and it was the Tyran Castle song (which just happens to be my favorite song in CT, coincidence or not). I'm not totally sure about that info, though.

But in the special ending, the one in the Dream Team room (thus getting the bigger credit) is Uematsu, not Mitsuda...

Star systems are unfair... :(

And I didn't even know about that Noriko. What did she do?

Deidara. I just loved that face. XD

"It's you know like when you die and you can't quite believe it"
An undead friend.

IkariDC
470th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(8):new Mistwalker vids" , posted Thu 22 Dec 07:02post reply

quote:

But in the special ending, the one in the Dream Team room (thus getting the bigger credit) is Uematsu, not Mitsuda...

Star systems are unfair... :(

And I didn't even know about that Noriko. What did she do?

Yeah, I know about that. Maybe is because it was Mitsuda's debut that he isn't in that Dream Team?

What I know for sure is that he was the main composer and that he is featured in the liner notes of the Original Sound Version soundtrack. The soundtrack itself doesn't tell you which tracks were composed by Mitsuda, Uematsu or Matsueda, but there are about 9 tracks marked with a "*" and one track with a "+". My bet is that those marked tracks are done by Uematsu and Matsueda.

Anyways, the strangest soundtrack adressing a composer that I've seen is the Namco x Capcom sountrack. It credits Mitsuda for 2 Xenosaga tracks, the 2 songs and their different versions Koshiro did for the game, and that's it! No credit for whoever composed and arranged the rest of the soundtrack!